November 25, 2014 | 1716 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've found I use this wayyy more than my UDPP or TFSI. I might go so far as to dub it HG status! Love putting it on because it's so creamy. It macthes my skintone almost perfectly and makes my shadows stick and look great! If you have neutral to cool skintone, use Painterly. I tried Soft Ochre and it was much too yellow! But it's good to know MAC has 2 non-shimmery bases to cover a wide range of skin tones, so everyone's covered :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first paint pot purchased from Mac, it's a neutral skin tone color. Good base but I have very very oily eyelids so I find that unless I wear UDPP under this, my eyeshadows crease like no tomorrow! It's a creamy I don't think I'd ever run out of this as I've had it for a year and only have a small dip in it but I probably won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by GreenT

Overall, this is a very good primer. However, I don't think it's optimal for people with oily lids like I have. I find that my makeup does still have a tendency to crease sometimes at the end of the day, especially if it's a hot day. When it's warm, this stuff tends to melt away before the day is out. I had a minty green/brown look for St. Patrick's day and by 5PM all I had left was a couple of dark creases :P

It is very creamy so it'd be much better for people with dry skin. Personally, I think I'm going to try a different primer next time and see if I get better results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best eye primer I have found so far. I prefer it over UDPP and TFSI. It does not accentuate flakies, doesnt crease, covers up discoloration and most importantly makes your shadow last longer and appear more pigmented and rich. will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by addercat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

NW20, I use this and Soft Ochre depending on what I'm doing that day as bases/primers. I like Painterly if I'm doing a more pink/purple/blue eye look, and Soft Ochre if I'm going more neutral. It really locks my eyeshadow on, and I've even worn just Painterly with some liner and felt put together. Doesn't crease, covers up my reddish lids, and lasts a long time -- I've had my pot for probably 8 months and it's not even close to being gone despite wearing it or the Soft Ochre daily. I like the MAC paintpots way more than the UDPP. Costwise, it's a bargain compared to the UDPP too. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by lilbeebee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After watching many Youtube tutorials I quickly realized I was missing a crucial step to applying my eyeshadow. Off I go to mac to pick up this little pot of "paint". Well this stuff is great. This has quickly become a staple item in my eyeshadow application routine. Helps blend ES smoothly, lasts all day! Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by xenakkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this as a neutral base for most of my shadows. I'm a NC20 (Mac coloring) and this ROCKS! Other than this I think that UDPP SIN is amazing...haven't tried Eden yet...heard it's a bit more matte. IDK...for now this ROCKS!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by debbick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this color paint pot. I use it everyday as my base and have done away with my urban decay & smashbox primers. This does it all. Sometimes I use it alone as my eyeshadow and just add mascara and go!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Wrenaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a big must-have in my daily makeup routine. It works great as a base primer to cover the whole eyelid, from lash line to brow. It evens out lid skin tone, makes eyeshadow colors pop like crazy, lasts all day long, and doesn't crease. It also matches my skin tone perfectly. I could not imagine going without it again.

One pot also lasts quite a long time. The pot I am currently on I have been using pretty much DAILY for about 10ish months or so and I still have not quite run out (I am guessing I have a few weeks left in the pot before I have to crack open the replacement that is waiting in my bathroom drawer).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by behappy08

I can't believe I didn't try this sooner. I love how it evens out my lids. Making my eye shadow look much better. I use it everyday. Even if I am not wearing eye shadow I wear Painterly by itself. It makes my eyes look better. I get very minimal creasing, so it does last throughout the day. It's a great product.