April 23, 2014 | 1118 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by cookies28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never used a primer/base before this... wait, I used the loreal decrease which sucked and some sticky face concealer that sucked too. I'm actually going to get the UDPP soon but anyway, yah this is some pretty good stuff. Painterly matches my skintone really well. The reason why I got this was because I was too lazy to go to Sephora so I just went to Mac. I wanted to get a primer because I wanted my stupid eyeliner to stop smudging. Anyway, I like to wear eyeshadows now a lot and I always apply this under. Today I actually didn't wear it just to see how the eyeshadows would come out... BIG difference. This stuff really does bring out shadow colors and helps have it stay on. Love it but I'm excited to try the UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by shmanderrsssx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is my favorite base and it looks amazing under any color eyeshadow exspecially browns.love it not much to say though.no creasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by vanessali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It was so drying. I don't know if it's just mine. I tried the inner part of the product too. That was a little better, but still drying. It was also too pink. That was my fault I should have tried soft orche. I just thought soft orche was too yellow for me. I'm still going to use it just to finish it up, but i'm not planning to repurchase this. I still love my Urban decay primer potion. It's just creamier and to me it brings out my eyeshadows more.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by carolcn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was definitely not wow-ed by this product. I was hoping it would provide a nice long lasting 'clean slate' base for eye shadows. It did neutralize any discoloration on the eye lids nicely, but very temporarily. This did not have any lasting power on me, and made my eye shadows crease like mad. For that reason I would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by westwood1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I can say is to stay away from this product. I decided to try this thinking that it would be the same as the one in the tube "Paint-bare canvas". Oh boy, I was in for a surprise! I don't have overly oily eyes but this product lasts maybe 3 hours max on me, whereas I can wear bare canvas all day long with no problem. I think MAC takes back crappy product within 30 days of trying if you are not happy with it! They should since it costs so much money. Go back to the store and demand a refund or exchange it fot the Paint, bare canvas.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by dreagonzalez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great eyeshadow base, but after awhile I was looking for something a little more shimmery. This is great for a matte base or neutral eyes. I also don't like the little pot. You really have to use a brush or you'll get product under your nails. But I love paint pots in general. Great products.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by amberclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have super oily lids and this product did not work for me at all. My eyeshadow was a creasey mess at the end of the day. And it was expensive. Im disappointed with this one, as I really, really, really love MAC products. The pot was annoying too, because my finger nails kept sticking in it. You definitely need to use a brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Makeupaholic44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have searched for a primer to use under my shadows and this is the best. The color matches my skin perfectly and keeps my shadow on and intact all day long. This is a must for me and I feel naked without it. It covers and creates a smooth and neutral foundation for my shadows.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading/watching dozens of reviews on this, I was super excited to get this Paint Pot as a base for my eyeshadows. I'd tried UD Primer Potion (OK, but overpriced), NYX's Jumbo Pencil in Cottage Cheese (too waxy and creased), ShadeSticks (they broke and hardened too easily) - you name it, I've tried 'em. After a great run with regular MAC's Paints (the tube ones), I thought, this Painterly pot is the perfect color, will have a similar result to the Paints, and will be easier to work with than those tube situations..I don't mind pots at all, since I keep my brushes clean and always close them properly after each use.

BOY was I disappointed. While my eyeshadows were showing up better on my eyes, I was getting obvious creasing by 1pm. I've tried using less/more product, but still am not getting the results I can get from my tubes. I'll look up suggestions for getting better results, but after only a week of using this product, I'm ready to swap. I can't believe I paid so much money for this when I could have stuck to my Paint or Cargo OneBase...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by KristinClark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great eyeshadow base. I like this a lot more than other primers I've tried. It keeps my shadow from fading and creasing.

My only complaint would be that it tends to cake if you use too much.