July 30, 2014 | 1425 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love the way this brightens my eyes and makes my overall appreance fresh and healthy! I've applied this using my finger-I find this way tugs on my lid since this isn't very creamy. I've also used a large concealer brush-I love this method! It goes on even and my lids look FLAWLESS. I sometimes apply this and a few (ok, a ton) coats of mascara, and I'm good to go. I will def repurchase, but it won't be for some time since I don't need very much to cover my lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by aalmu90

This is possibly my favourite product from MAC! I absolutely love it! It suits my skin tone perfectly, making it a great base for any coloured eyeshadow. I use this under shimmery shadows, and i use bare study under matte shadows. It is very creamy, a lot creamier than bare study and rubenesque which both contain shimmer in them. The staying power is exceptional, i normally apply my eye makeup at around 9 or 10 am, and itís there at 5 or 6pm. Although i have noticed that it doesnít do too well under high outdoor temperatures. This tiny pot is going to last me a very long time! I use it in conjunction with my other 3 paint pots. Letís just hope it doesnít dry out too fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by busterbrown16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I use painterly paint pot pretty much everyday of my life just for the day time and then add color on top at night. It evens out the color on my eyelid and makes my face look healthier. I'm an nw15 and it looks great as a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I have Painterly and Rubenesque, I like Painterly for everyday neutral look. I have oily skin and it last good 5-6 hours where UDPP does last longer on me w/out creasing. But overall, it is smooth, creamy, great beginner paint pot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was one of my first paint pots and still one of my favorite! I use it almost daily depending on what type of look I am doing. It just blanks your lid out which is great for me cause I am so fair that you can see little veins and what not on my lids. I have tried this alone as a base for a partial makeup day and it did very well but for days that I am working a hard long full day I add some extra insurance of UDPP just in case. I do that with any base really so it is nothing about this one in particular. The only thing that I have bad to say about paint pots in general is they are hard to blend and once they are set if they arent even you are going to have an uneven finish to your eyeshadow BUT practice makes perfect and you learn as time goes on. I also think that this is a great beginner paint pot to learn with then you can move on to other cool colors like bare study and construstivist as well as some of the other darker colors that they offer. The only reason why I say to start with this and move onto the darker ones is because of the blending part and getting them nice and even.
I hope this help some folks in their purchases cause I love this paint pot and all of MACs paint pots in general!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mexiangel25

Use this everyday!!!! Even when I don't use eyeshadow, the peachyness color helps to reduce the blue undertones in my eyelids.
This definitely helps to make your shadows pop but it doesn't aid that much in preventing creasing. I always put this on top of TFSI. It's a base not a primer.
Because of the creasing factor it only gets 4 stars.
However, it's still a staple in my makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by mandeemandee

I'm an NW20 and this work beautifully with my coloring. Painterly is my HG eye shadow base, and one pot seems to last forever! I've had mine since last MARCH and I've still got about 1/2 pot, it's still creamy and not dried out at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by crackedoblivion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only been using Painterly for a week or so, but already I find myself leaving my UDPP to gather dust. It smooths perfectly over my eyelids and banishes creasing late into the night. TBH, I've been experimenting with Painterly as a lip eraser also with exciting results -- but you can do so at your own risk! Highly recommended as an eye primer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

Love it! I donít own very many MAC items (Iím more of an Urban Decay junkie) but this is one of those items that I will not let myself run out of. I use it as a base over my UDPP and it makes the shadows stick and look more vibrant; even more vibrant than the UDPP already makes them. Painterly matches my skin tone perfectly and helps to hide any discoloration I may have on my lids. I donít have one complaint about this product, not even the almost $20 price tag because this pot will last a very long time before Iíll have to buy a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by carolinee08

I REALLLLY wanted this paint pot for the longest time, and I finally went around to buying it. I've got to say, i expected a bit more from this.
Dont get me wrong, I like how the formula just glides onto your eye and has great staying power, i just feel like it doesnt do much to make my eyeshadow stand out and its more difficult to blend then it is with my Nxy Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick.
BUT I do like this paint pot on days where I dont feel like putting on much makeup so I opt for this to neutralize the discoloration on my eyelids.
Overall, I like this paint pot, just dont LOVE. Maybe I should try Soft Ochre? That being said though, I think I will repurchase mainly because I've grown to use it everyday.