August 21, 2014 | 978 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I've bought this (I believe) six times already b/c I use w/many of my clients. It goes (depending on what I'm doing) w/a great deal of skin tones and e/s applications. I myself use it for my neutral eye almost daily. Lovely color that really is a staple in my collection! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by SadAng3l

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really, really love this product. I mostly use this as my primer under my eyeshadow. Its a brilliant nude colour which brings out the colours in all eyeshadows, prevents them from creasing and is very easy to apply.

I would rather use this than Urban Decay Primer Potion to be honest as its very creamy but not an oily feeling like the UDPP.

I would definitely recommend this as an eyeshadow base.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by drummercc

I love this! I got it for prom as a base b/c going to a MAC counter for prom was my first makeup experience ever. i used a brush to apply a thin layer to my lid as a primer and it last all night (8 hrs) even though i was dancing and everything. i actually like this a lot better than UDPP. i never get creases or anything and i say i have pretty normal lids. the UDPP actually makes my eyes a little oil and creases my makeup! i would buy this again but i dont think i'll ever run out :] i think the product might eventually dry out but i try to keep it in normal room temperatures and cap it tightly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love the way this brightens my eyes and makes my overall appreance fresh and healthy! I've applied this using my finger-I find this way tugs on my lid since this isn't very creamy. I've also used a large concealer brush-I love this method! It goes on even and my lids look FLAWLESS. I sometimes apply this and a few (ok, a ton) coats of mascara, and I'm good to go. I will def repurchase, but it won't be for some time since I don't need very much to cover my lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by aalmu90

This is possibly my favourite product from MAC! I absolutely love it! It suits my skin tone perfectly, making it a great base for any coloured eyeshadow. I use this under shimmery shadows, and i use bare study under matte shadows. It is very creamy, a lot creamier than bare study and rubenesque which both contain shimmer in them. The staying power is exceptional, i normally apply my eye makeup at around 9 or 10 am, and itís there at 5 or 6pm. Although i have noticed that it doesnít do too well under high outdoor temperatures. This tiny pot is going to last me a very long time! I use it in conjunction with my other 3 paint pots. Letís just hope it doesnít dry out too fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by busterbrown16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I use painterly paint pot pretty much everyday of my life just for the day time and then add color on top at night. It evens out the color on my eyelid and makes my face look healthier. I'm an nw15 and it looks great as a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I have Painterly and Rubenesque, I like Painterly for everyday neutral look. I have oily skin and it last good 5-6 hours where UDPP does last longer on me w/out creasing. But overall, it is smooth, creamy, great beginner paint pot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was one of my first paint pots and still one of my favorite! I use it almost daily depending on what type of look I am doing. It just blanks your lid out which is great for me cause I am so fair that you can see little veins and what not on my lids. I have tried this alone as a base for a partial makeup day and it did very well but for days that I am working a hard long full day I add some extra insurance of UDPP just in case. I do that with any base really so it is nothing about this one in particular. The only thing that I have bad to say about paint pots in general is they are hard to blend and once they are set if they arent even you are going to have an uneven finish to your eyeshadow BUT practice makes perfect and you learn as time goes on. I also think that this is a great beginner paint pot to learn with then you can move on to other cool colors like bare study and construstivist as well as some of the other darker colors that they offer. The only reason why I say to start with this and move onto the darker ones is because of the blending part and getting them nice and even.
I hope this help some folks in their purchases cause I love this paint pot and all of MACs paint pots in general!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mexiangel25

Use this everyday!!!! Even when I don't use eyeshadow, the peachyness color helps to reduce the blue undertones in my eyelids.
This definitely helps to make your shadows pop but it doesn't aid that much in preventing creasing. I always put this on top of TFSI. It's a base not a primer.
Because of the creasing factor it only gets 4 stars.
However, it's still a staple in my makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by mandeemandee

I'm an NW20 and this work beautifully with my coloring. Painterly is my HG eye shadow base, and one pot seems to last forever! I've had mine since last MARCH and I've still got about 1/2 pot, it's still creamy and not dried out at all!