MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 4/30/2010 1:25:00 AM

I love the color of this paint pot but on my skin (NC25-NC30) it shows up a bit pink. I also have this in soft ochre which matches my skin better. MAC paint pot is a very generous size product and even with everyday use, it will still take a while before the pot is empty. The price is $16.50 and well worth it cause there's a lot of product in the pot. It can be a bit drying but with a primer it helps blend easily. I also use this on my lips instead of concealer, and let me tell you, this stuff makes lipstick and lipgloss last longer. It mutes very pigmented lips and is great as a base for lipsticks that are too dark.

on 4/30/2010 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I own 4 paint pots and painterly is one of my favourites after bare study. It looks very boring in the little pot; it almost looks like a concealor. However this makes a great eyeshadow primer for medium skinned toned ladies. It will really intensify any eyeshadow and give it a boost. Ironically i have very dry skins but very oily lids. Even when i wear painterly i get creasing within 5 hours of application. I do feel it's a lot creamier than bare study and rubenesque, but not enough to remain tacky. Overall is a pretty decent primer, especially for poeple who don't have very oily lids.

on 4/29/2010 2:30:00 AM

I love this product!! I think it works even better than TFSI!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Painterly, oh Painterly, how I love thee. Love this product it's literally like glue for eyeshadow without the texture of glue. Goes on smooth and finishes smooth. I, unfortunately, was hoping that it would work as a primer AND base for my eye shadows, but alas my lids are so dang oily it was a no go. You get a huge amount for the price you pay (16.50) that even with daily use, which I do, I think this would last close to a lifetime. In a nutshell I love the texture, love how smooth it makes your eyelid area look, love the very natural color and overall just love, love, love!

on 4/26/2010 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is my go to base. Creates a nice smooth surface. Doesn't crease on me & keeps my shadow vibrant & fresh looking. On me it's completely flesh colored & for days/nights that i need a little extra staying power i'll put a little UDPP on first. Then nothing moves, lol.

on 4/22/2010 3:06:00 PM

I like the color and texture. However, I don't know why this shade creases on my lids. I use very little and unless I wear a primer, it will crease. This happens with certain shades. I am NC30 and find that foundation works about the same to give me the blank canvas to start with.

on 4/21/2010 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite paint pot of the paints I've tried. I love that it's MATTE which is hard to find in the paints/paint pots. On me, the color is a ballet pink. It's smooth and because it is matte and lighter colored, it really brightens up my whole area and doesn't look heavy like chunky shimmery eyeshadows do on my deep set eyes. The light color also looks nice against my fair skin and is great for an everyday look because it's easy and works with virtually any eyeliner. Definitely worth trying if you have paler skin.

on 4/20/2010 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I use this product everyday. Its been pretty good to me. Athough, after -6 hrs of wearing it, its creases up. 6 hrs is not bad at all. I just touch up and Im good to go.

on 4/20/2010 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have used MAC paint pots before and have had good luck. However, with this one - my shadow actually creased! I was so disappointed!

Also, the color was not really brightening at all, and that is something I like about primers.

There are many other primers you can get for less money, that are more effective.

on 4/18/2010 3:28:00 AM

This stuff is my HG eye primer! I've tried all the other major ones, Laura Geller Eye Spackle, UDDP, UD Sin, TSFI and this is by far the best for me. I have oily lids and am a yellow-toned NC20 Asian and it seems to be the only thing that actually stays on my lids and prevents the eyeshadow that I put on it from creasing. It makes my eyeshadow last for about 6-8 hours, which is probably the longest eye makeup has ever lasted. I also like that it has really nice coverage, and it matches my skin on my eyelids pretty well, so if I have any imperfections on my lids or a little darkness if I haven't gotten enough sleep it definitely covers those up completely and evens out my skintone. I even like that packaging...it feels very luxurious because it's in a glass pot and I've found that I've had no problems with the product drying. I always close it as tight as possible and store it upside down like my BB gel eyeliners, and I think it really helps with it not drying out. Mac is also definitely very generous with their portions here and one tub seems to last forever. I will definitely repurchase this product again, it's absolutely perfect!