Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 5/14/2008 8:11:00 PM

i love this stuff! I used to be obsessed with chapstick moisture until i found this. i love that it is all natural. it leaves lips very soft, and its not waxy or sticky at all like some other products are. the scent flavor is ok- it's pomegranite and it's a little different. some people might not like it- i don't mind it though esp. since this is such an amazing product

on 5/9/2008 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love most of BB's products but this one just doesn't do it for me. It is a dark red color - which sheerly shows up on my lips (don't quite like it with my skin tone). Also it has a sweet fruity scent with underlying medicinal (not menthol) notes that I also so not care for. It does moisturize very well and it keeps my lips smooth, I just cannot tolerate the taste and color of it. Will not repurchase.

on 5/4/2008 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

***This is actually a rating of 2.5 lippies***
I seen this lip balm in the store, and read that it contained the pomegranate oil and it being made by Burt's Bees, I thought it would be a wonderful lip treatment.
I took the cap off and the first thing I noticed was the scent...it is NOT your typical lip balm scent. It's a fruity scent mixed with a medicinal scent, which is NOT a good combination at all.
The balm felt really good when I applied it to my lips. It did not feel waxy or sticky, and it really quenched my dry lips in a nice way.
Sorry to say, the staying power of this gloss is not at all a long time, so i found myself having the same dry lips in no time after i applied it.
I really expected more from a BB product.

on 4/29/2008 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love how this has "natural" ingredients and that it's a reddish color, but smells horrible!!! Also not very moisturizing. I love Chapstick Naturals.

on 4/27/2008 12:06:00 AM

Talk about having to reply every other minute...sheesh.

on 4/25/2008 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i like the pomegranate oil one because of its fruity scent and the light sheen and tint it gives. this lip balm is long lasting without feeling waxy like the others. the price is on the higher side ($4.99) in canada but got it on sale for $3.50. bought both this one and the honey lip balm.

on 4/18/2008 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This has a sweet, fruity taste and smell. It moisturizes my lips, but probably not as well as Chapstick. I'm trying to eliminate petrolatum products from my skin, so I'll probably stay with it rather than going back to Chapstick.

on 4/14/2008 7:30:00 PM

This is one of the better lip balms out there. It moisturizes well in a non-waxy, slick way, has a subtle fruity smell that is nonoffensive, and a bright berry tint that becomes a sheer light pink on the lips. Great when your lips are chapped and your lipstick has worn off! One of my favorite lip balms, and I have a lot. I like the red cap, too--makes it easy to find.

on 4/13/2008 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

yuck. this lip balm smells like oregano. it isn't even very moisturizing and it provides no pigment or color (i thought it might because the product itself is quite dark in hue but the color doesn't transfer to my lips) i definitely wouldn't repurchase, there are other- better products out there that are less expensive and do the same if not more

on 4/13/2008 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is way better than the Original and Honey versions that it's not even funny. Hydrating, smooth, great smelling, and it even gives lips some sheer color and shine, almost MLBB and totally natural. And no annoying tingling sensation either. Like all Burt's Bees lip balms though, it can be waxy (self-explanitory: beesWAX), so I leave it in my pocket to warm it up, it goes on smoother then.

Popular Lip Treatments