Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 5/24/2008 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i HIGHLY recommend this product

i must say that i wasn't willing to buy another burts bees product after using the original one because it just dried out my lips but this product is the BEST THING EVER since vaseline!!!!

its so great, and does replenish your lips, gives your lips a nice color so you don't look so dead and overall its just great!!!!

on 5/22/2008 6:40:00 PM

I am a lip balm junkie due to chapping/peeling lips. I LOVE this balm and it feels more like a moisturizer than a balm. Not greasy like ointment, and not waxy at all. It goes on smooth and great under glosses. I happen to like the tint being fair skinned, and the scent goes away - but it is not overwhelming. Target has this in a 2 tube pack for greater savings as well.

on 5/20/2008 8:43:00 PM

In my opinion, this balm is more moisturizing than Burt's Bees regular lip balm. It has a slightly fruity scent that disappears once it's applied. It isn't as thick as the regular balm but when worn for a few hours it seems to moisturize more. Earlier today, I had fairly chapped lips and bought this as a quick fix. I was slightly worried about it's thinness but after a while, my lips seemed much more moisturized and less dry and flaky.

on 5/15/2008 7:25:00 PM

This is my HG lip balm. I also like Dr Hauschka's Lip Care stick. But that one costs $13.95. The Burt's Bees' Pomegranate Lip balm works just as well (maybe just a little less moisturzing), but it is so much cheaper. I can affort to use three of them at the same time: one in my car, one in my vanity desk at home, and one in my purse.

There is no artificial fragrance in the lip balm. The fruity smell actually comes from the fruit oil in its ingredients. And it is very subtle. The balm itself looks red, but it is actually colorless upon application. Since the ingredients are most natural, it does not irritate my sensitive lips. My lips cannot tolerate petroleum based lip care products such as chap stick and Khiel's lip balm. But they love this one!

on 5/14/2008 8:11:00 PM

i love this stuff! I used to be obsessed with chapstick moisture until i found this. i love that it is all natural. it leaves lips very soft, and its not waxy or sticky at all like some other products are. the scent flavor is ok- it's pomegranite and it's a little different. some people might not like it- i don't mind it though esp. since this is such an amazing product

on 5/9/2008 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love most of BB's products but this one just doesn't do it for me. It is a dark red color - which sheerly shows up on my lips (don't quite like it with my skin tone). Also it has a sweet fruity scent with underlying medicinal (not menthol) notes that I also so not care for. It does moisturize very well and it keeps my lips smooth, I just cannot tolerate the taste and color of it. Will not repurchase.

on 5/4/2008 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

***This is actually a rating of 2.5 lippies***
I seen this lip balm in the store, and read that it contained the pomegranate oil and it being made by Burt's Bees, I thought it would be a wonderful lip treatment.
I took the cap off and the first thing I noticed was the scent...it is NOT your typical lip balm scent. It's a fruity scent mixed with a medicinal scent, which is NOT a good combination at all.
The balm felt really good when I applied it to my lips. It did not feel waxy or sticky, and it really quenched my dry lips in a nice way.
Sorry to say, the staying power of this gloss is not at all a long time, so i found myself having the same dry lips in no time after i applied it.
I really expected more from a BB product.

on 4/29/2008 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love how this has "natural" ingredients and that it's a reddish color, but smells horrible!!! Also not very moisturizing. I love Chapstick Naturals.

on 4/27/2008 12:06:00 AM

Talk about having to reply every other minute...sheesh.

on 4/25/2008 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i like the pomegranate oil one because of its fruity scent and the light sheen and tint it gives. this lip balm is long lasting without feeling waxy like the others. the price is on the higher side ($4.99) in canada but got it on sale for $3.50. bought both this one and the honey lip balm.

Popular Lip Treatments