November 24, 2014 | 1917 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Mlssstaun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this lip balm but I don't love it. It gives your lips a subtle tint and shine, it's not too waxy and there's no irritating minty tingle - but its moisturizing qualities seem to wear off relatively quickly. I have to keep reapplying this. I said I would repurchase but only in a pinch - when it can't get my #1, Dr. Hauschka, or my #2, Weleda.
EDIT: No, I will not repurchase. There are so many other lip balms - why sturggle with one that doesn't really do the job?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by d3ndroid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a sucker for anything pomegranate. That said...

This balm is oiler / less waxy than the regular peppermint Burt's Bees and the Honey version too. These balms are moisturising (and my lips are super dry) but don't coat your lips thickly like petrolatum-based balms do. I like a heavy feel personally so YMMV. The balm is tinted the colour of the cap and the finish is a soft sheen.

When I put this on my lips feel a little 'stung' -- I think it's the lanolin or any of the many oils present in the ingredients... In all, good but not super special. I prefer it to Chapstick/Blistex etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not bad, but not for me. It is more moisturizing, less waxy, than the regular Burt's Bees Peppermint lip balm. The scent is subtle and I don't find that it tastes like anything (which is nice). However, it is still a bit waxy AND---it broke out the area around my lips, big time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Miss_January

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unlike most of the reviewers, i rather like the smell. It doesn't stink or anything - smells a bit like tea tree almost. I have an OCD with lip balms. My lips haven't been chapped since I was a little kid, but I feel that I'm going to die without something on my lips, even though they're already soft (because I use so much every day).

br>
Anyway, this stuff keeps my lips soft for hours, and I can wear it under lip gloss without a line of nasty gunk accumulating toward the inside of my mouth. It's waxy in the fact that it doesn't glide super easily, but none of it comes off the stick itself. As always, the packaging is cute with the little bumblebees. Will repurchase.

EDIT: This is the WORST lip balm.. EVER. After using it for about 5 days, my lips got chapped for the first time in years! It's not cold outside people. I'm drinking water o.O I returned it and bought a Vitamin E lip balm from the Body Shop to repair my lips. Will NEVER repurchase. Geez, I already hated the Beeswax lip balm... Even cherry ChapStick does a better job than this POS

EDIT, AGAIN: I found out that this lip balm wasn't chapping my lips. I had tried on the Buxom Lips lip plumper from Bare Escentuals and it chapped my lips horribly. I only found this out recently because I tried it on again after I ceased to use the Burt's Bee's and my lips are, again, chapped. I'm changing back to four lippies and I will repurchase because it wasn't bad when I was using it. I did feel the need to reapply m ore than usual, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. Just... meh. Thought I'd try it, since the original BB peppermint flavor was too waxy and drying for me (probably b/c of the peppermint oil). This one has kind of a cool tart-pomegranate scent that I personally enjoy, and the bright carmine-tinted balm leaves a hint of natural-looking blush on the lips. But the texture is still so #%^! waxy; I just don't know what Burt is thinking with that candle-like texture. It is possible to produce a tube balm that's still soft and emollient-- I own several. I really think BB is getting too big for its corporate britches and not paying attention to product quality instead of the "we're so natural" hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by thebeautyadvisor

I love this product. It glides on nicely and isn't nasty like most lip balms are. The smell isn't particularly my favorite but I can deal, and it doesn't stay around for long. It's a bit expensive for just a tube, $3.00 at Target. And I love how natural everything is. Very pure. I will repurchase while I expriement with other balms Burts Bee's has to offer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by maikyla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ran out to buy some more burt's honey lip balm since I ran out and I found this one with pomegranate at the store. It leaves my lips nice and soft plus it smells great!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Jackiehunter212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really great lip balm! I have tried sooo many (no joke, see my review on Chapstick Vanilla Moisturizer to see the list).

Anyway, I bought this yesterday and I don't have chapped lips or anything, but I am a lip balm addict and love to have soft lips.

This balm does just that too! My only gripe is that the taste is a little herbal-y for me, but it is so faint I can totally manage since this is my new holy grail of lip balms!

All in all, this moisturizes well and makes lips nice and soft. It also leaves them with sheer pinkish tint :-) I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Lis_424

i was very dissapointed in this product. I have never tried Burt's Bees products nor have i tried the original lip balm. I had high hopes that this lip balm will be moisturizing and great for everyday use. However,the smell really turned my off and it didn't really condition my lips as i hoped for. maybe the original might be better. In addition, i bought it at Shoppers Drug Mart for like $5 something after tax, and it's quite pricey for a lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by lindseyh

I like this lip balm. It sooths my lips and I don't mind the scent. I have tried many lip balms and this is one of my favorites!