August 31, 2014 | 1323 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by JCS772

Overall, I'm still on the fence about this gizmo. Like others here, I also bought it from Sephora when it was packaged with the Kinerase C6 treatment. I have sensitive, adult acne-prone skin (I'm 37), especially around the chin but am dry in areas away from the T-zone. I think the cost is exorbitant for what this has offered me. I take good care of my skin, spending money on professional microderms and peels. It was, in fact, my dermatologist/aesthetician who suggested I buy this.

If I use it more than once every couple of days, my skin feels raw and looks chapped. When I do use it, I use it on the low setting and skim over my face, ignoring the beeps that are supposed to tell me to move to the next section. It seems like a lot of hype for something you can get with conscientious cleansing and a quality AHA scrub every few days. If it were half the price, I'd add a lippie, but as it is, it's too expensive to justify the lackluster results.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by AliceInAwesomeLand

Wonderful! Like many people, I have to use the sensitive brush heads...but this is a wonderful product!
My skin is more glowy, less redness, no more patchy skin...I can go out w/out wearing foundation now! I've never had a problem w/ acne so I can't comment on whether it works for that..but for combo skin that has lost its "luster"...this is a great find! Well worth the money, I promise.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ljlw0629

Just had to write! I am not about to tell anyone how to spend or not spend their money; however, here is my experience with the Clarisonic. I have spent money on my share of both expensive and inexpensive products; also my share of services offered by the dermatologist, the plastic surgeon and facialist. Have I wasted money on some things? You bet; that is why I check out MUA before I buy anything new - and it is how I have discovered some great things - like jojoba and microfiber cloths; who knew? I will admit I bought the Clarisonic based on reviews on MUA. I have used it every day for over a year because it works FOR ME as part of my maintenance routine - along with a couple of expensive products and a couple of inexpensive products, a couple of "new, advanced" products and a couple of old standbys. My skin looks the best it has ever looked! I wish I had discovered the Clarisonic years ago. Overly expensive? Yes. Could I have good skin without it? Probably. It may not be the end all and be all for everyone, but it works as part of my armamentarium.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by klsjackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading about this product on MUA, I decided to give it a try. I don't worry too much about the cost of products. I'll pay pretty much anything as long as it works and does a good job.

The Clarisonic costs $195. It came with one brush head (sensitive) and three trial size cleansers.

I used my usual Mary Kay TimeWise bar and Cetaphil liquid cleanser. My skin did feel smoother after use, but that was all. I used this for 3 weeks. I was already using a $5 facial brush I purchased at Sephora. I could not tell a difference. The Clarisonic did not impress me.

I would tell anyone to save your money and spend it on something else. I so wanted to love this product. But, it's not worth it. I just think it's something that people want because of the price and cult status. Spend your $200 on some nice spa treatments or really good facial products.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by mzzcatz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My girlfriend bought one, and just raved about it. So I, of course, had to get one too. It makes your skin super smooth and clean feeling, however, if use if more than about 2 times a week I get break-outs. I love the way it makes my skin feel after I use it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sleepykrista

I'd been lusting after the Clarisonic for ages, but finally caved in and bought one from clarisonic.com when they had their installment plan offer for the holidays -- at least making smaller payments is less painful and I can ignore the true cost of the brush when I'm not paying for it at once. Yeah, I could've gotten it cheaper elsewhere, but I was suckered by the free engraving they offered.

For the brush itself, I was so excited when it came, the fact that you have to charge it for 24 hours before using was a bit of a bust. But the wait was worth it. I immediately noticed the difference after washing. At night, when I wash off the makeup, my skin was much brighter. I've had the brush for a month now and I no longer have to use toner for the sake of removing the makeup. In the mornings I use one of the sample cleansers that came with the clarisonic and in evenings, I usually use something stronger like Dermalogica.

People have commented that my skin looks brighter. I have combo skin that has the tendency to get bad cystic acne and then leave scars just in case I forget. I also have large pores on my cheeks next to my nose (I got screwed by the gene pool) But now, my acne scars have faded and my pores aren't as noticeable. I hope it keeps working as well as it does because so far, it's a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by mstracy

I LOVE this! I've had it about a month.

I have thought about getting one for over a year...ever since Oprah had it as one of her "Favorite Things". I wish I would have got it sooner!

I have combo, sensitive skin. So I only use this once a day. My skin feels so clean and fresh after using this. My vit. C serum sinks right in. My skin really is starting to have a "glow" and I know it's from this brush.

Also, I got mine at costco.com. If you happen to be a Costco member. It was (only) $149.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by WriterGal82

This brush has been a major lemming of mine for quite some time, but I could never bring myself to cough up the bucks for it, without knowing how I'd like it. I finally gave in for the Beauty.com 20% off sale - between the discount, no tax, free shipping (and a credit I had on my account), I got it for a great deal. My skin has been a challenge lately, as I've been dealing with an unusual amount of pimples - something I never even experienced as a teenager. So I was really hoping for a miracle with the brush. After I first used it, I couldn't believe how smooth my skin felt. Within a week, I noticed that my clogged pores on my nose and around my cheeks were literally gone. I've never been able to unclog those porse before. I've now been using it for a month and a half, and I still have had some breakouts. But I think part of that is due to still struggling to find a HG cleanser. What I can say is that between the brush and DDF 5% benzol peroxide, the pimples are going away much faster than they ever used to. And, in the spots where the breakouts have now gone away, the red marks left behind seem to be improving/fading with time after using this brush - I'm not using any other product to fade the marks, so I'm confident the brush is what's doing it. I'm also confident that in 6 months of using the brush, my skin may very well be in really amazing condition. I think this is a tool that you need to be patient with, and with the early progress I've seen in my skin, I can't wait to see how it will look a year from now. Sure, it's a pricey product, but I figure that the money is worth having great skin. UPDATE: I've been using this for a good six months now and what a difference it's made. My skin has never been so clear, so soft, so flawless. I think a key part of my experience has been finding my HG cleanser (Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser) and using a BHA product (Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel). But whatever is doing it, I'm absolutely hooked. Yes, I still get a blemish or two now and again. But I feel like the texture of my skin is so much better than ever before. You definitely should give the Clarisonic a try. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered this just recently, and the results are extremely beneficial for my skin type. Some of us genetically produce a lot of keratin in our cells and it just refuses to surface on its own. Then there are the pore-clogging foundations, etc. And then there are hormones...on it goes. I have invested countless dollars in cleansers, scrubs, lotions, otc medications, and the dermatologist. Sure, these things have helped, but not enough.
This gadget in two uses did more for me than any scrub or cleanser I've ever owned. I use Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash (in the pump) which is soapless and perfect for my skin type. The one I ordered from QVC came with 3 brush heads and two cleansers. The Clarisonic seems to also tone the skin to make it plumper (imo), no doubt due to increased circulation. I wash most of my makeup off the regular way first, and then use the Clarisonic; this will give you excellent cleansing action. I believe the sonic technology which vibrates at 300x per second must really rev things up in there and enhance cell turnover; it seems to also normalize oil output. My skin has cleared up immensely, and when I do get a zit, it will resolve within 24 hours. I am using more of my moisturizer, Clinique DDM-gel.
I started with the delicate (blue) brush to condition my skin to its use *used that for about a week. Then I worked my way up to the sensitive brush (white) and I am seeing an increase in positive results. (There is even a gray brush for normal or body use). The serums and moisturizers will soak into the skin after using this (it's true). If you use Differin or glycolics, you should see even more dramatic improvement - but use common sense and don't over stimulate your skin.
I invested in this product and will not be without it from now on.
>>>UPDATE: using the gray/regular brush now and seeing even better improvement in tone and clarity.
>>>FYI: almost everyone has microscopic mites in our pores and sebaceous glands, if you do some searches on Demodex folliculorum or Demodex brevis you can find info and pics online - gee thanks science! lol

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by jocox88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe how wonderful this product is! I purchased it (on QVC) and began using it the night before Thanksgiving (11/26). I had oily skin most of my life and large pores (skin is drying somewhat with age). The reduction in pore size was noticeable within a week. Now, by midday when the nose starts to get shiny (and that's usually when pores look HUGE), my face looks totally smooth. I have also noticed that I need to use less moisturizers, serums, etc. because my skin is cleaner and more receptive. I LOVE this product! The only drawback is the price -- actually, if it lasts, the unit itself is not so bad; however, the brushes are $25 each and need to be replaced every 90 days.