Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

4.3

bliss beauty trio

on 1/8/2009 3:43:00 PM

My experience has been a lot like that of the poster before me: I've only had the Clarisonic for a few days, but already it's made a difference in my skin. I use it for 2 minutes at night with the sensitive brush head, and my skin has been more even-toned and smooth since the morning after my first use. Just a couple of minutes ago, I was able to easily and painlessly extract a blackhead on my upper lipline that has been annoying me for MONTHS. Nothing I've done has budged this thing, and now it's gone!!!
AND I got the unit with the sensitive brushhead, 3 trial-size cleansers, and registration card for another free brushhead for only $120! I bought $200 worth of Skincarerx.com gift certificates when they were 40% off, and then used them to buy the Clarisonic. That meant that I couldn't use ebates, but I think it was a good enough deal that it was worth it!
I am pretty much broke right now, but I would still repurchase this in a heartbeat. I'm excited to see how my skin looks after a couple of weeks of use!
EDITED: I just want to add that I am still loving this, and an unexpected benefit is that my skin also seems to have better color! I am insanely pale; I don't wear MAC, so I'm not sure what number I am, but my foundation is Bobbi Brown in the Porcelain shade, if that gives any indication. Anyway, after about a month of use, my circulation seems to have improved, giving my cheeks a gentle rosy glow even when I'm totally makeup free. This thing not only cleans, it keeps me from looking like the Corpse Bride when I'm not wearing blush!

on 1/8/2009 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

At first I loved this skincare brush. For the first month my skin improved. My skin wasn't as oily as it usually is, got rid of blackheads, and just made everything smooth. Then after a month, things just plateaued and I didn't have the same effect as the beginning. Weird because I thought that only happens to topical products, not a skincare tool. For such an expensive skincare tool, especially when you put into consideration the replacement brushheads which sell for $25 each, it's just not worth the money. I regret falling for the hype (as usual!) and paying so much money for a ridiculous gadget. Honestly, I think I could've had the same results with a manual skincare brush. I am going to try selling it on ebay.

on 1/7/2009 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Where has this been all my life??

I have acne prone skin that really gives me grief in the winter time. I get dry and oily at the same time. This ends up in red dry blotchy icky patches that drive me insane till Spring rolls around. I had a patch on my eye lid (near my brow)for the past year that had cleared up somewhat with eye creams but with winter approaching, was getting worse again. I use the brush lightly over the spot and along with my cream has cleared up completely.

I bought this during the Sephora F&F sale and got it at a discount. I use it twice daily and am addicted to it. I am amazed at how much dirt and make up shows up on the brush even after I washed my face (before I use the brush). The brush does everything that it claims.

Yeah, it's pricey but it's oh so worth it.

on 1/6/2009 4:49:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Clairsonic brush. After months of hinting and going into Sephora and hugging the box my boyfriend finally got the hint and got me one for Christmas and it has not disappointed. My face feels so much smoother, my pores a lot smaller and it really controls my oiliness as well. Do I necessarily think it's worth the money? I was willing to pay the $200 price tag and still would be...I just wish I had've gotten it with the Kinerase serum but they won't ship it to Canada...

I greatly enjoy this little device. I get little pimples on my forehead, under my eyes (teeny tiny ones), and in the chin area. I have very sensitive skin so I use this once day. I clean my makeup off with PUR Minerals Mineral Melt, then I put a gentle cleanser on the sensitive brush (usually either NIA 24 or Skinceuticals gentle cleanser), then follow the beeps. I don't have to scrub, just guide it on my face, and I have noticed a difference. I generally have a good complexion, so I did not expect "dramatic" results, but my face has not been feeling "rough" or "ruddy" since using this, nice and soft which I love.

on 1/5/2009 3:03:00 PM

Overall, I'm still on the fence about this gizmo. Like others here, I also bought it from Sephora when it was packaged with the Kinerase C6 treatment. I have sensitive, adult acne-prone skin (I'm 37), especially around the chin but am dry in areas away from the T-zone. I think the cost is exorbitant for what this has offered me. I take good care of my skin, spending money on professional microderms and peels. It was, in fact, my dermatologist/aesthetician who suggested I buy this.

If I use it more than once every couple of days, my skin feels raw and looks chapped. When I do use it, I use it on the low setting and skim over my face, ignoring the beeps that are supposed to tell me to move to the next section. It seems like a lot of hype for something you can get with conscientious cleansing and a quality AHA scrub every few days. If it were half the price, I'd add a lippie, but as it is, it's too expensive to justify the lackluster results.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful! Like many people, I have to use the sensitive brush heads...but this is a wonderful product!
My skin is more glowy, less redness, no more patchy skin...I can go out w/out wearing foundation now! I've never had a problem w/ acne so I can't comment on whether it works for that..but for combo skin that has lost its "luster"...this is a great find! Well worth the money, I promise.

on 1/3/2009 1:14:00 PM

Just had to write! I am not about to tell anyone how to spend or not spend their money; however, here is my experience with the Clarisonic. I have spent money on my share of both expensive and inexpensive products; also my share of services offered by the dermatologist, the plastic surgeon and facialist. Have I wasted money on some things? You bet; that is why I check out MUA before I buy anything new - and it is how I have discovered some great things - like jojoba and microfiber cloths; who knew? I will admit I bought the Clarisonic based on reviews on MUA. I have used it every day for over a year because it works FOR ME as part of my maintenance routine - along with a couple of expensive products and a couple of inexpensive products, a couple of "new, advanced" products and a couple of old standbys. My skin looks the best it has ever looked! I wish I had discovered the Clarisonic years ago. Overly expensive? Yes. Could I have good skin without it? Probably. It may not be the end all and be all for everyone, but it works as part of my armamentarium.

on 1/3/2009 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

After reading about this product on MUA, I decided to give it a try. I don't worry too much about the cost of products. I'll pay pretty much anything as long as it works and does a good job.

The Clarisonic costs $195. It came with one brush head (sensitive) and three trial size cleansers.

I used my usual Mary Kay TimeWise bar and Cetaphil liquid cleanser. My skin did feel smoother after use, but that was all. I used this for 3 weeks. I was already using a $5 facial brush I purchased at Sephora. I could not tell a difference. The Clarisonic did not impress me.

I would tell anyone to save your money and spend it on something else. I so wanted to love this product. But, it's not worth it. I just think it's something that people want because of the price and cult status. Spend your $200 on some nice spa treatments or really good facial products.

on 1/2/2009 3:11:00 PM

My girlfriend bought one, and just raved about it. So I, of course, had to get one too. It makes your skin super smooth and clean feeling, however, if use if more than about 2 times a week I get break-outs. I love the way it makes my skin feel after I use it though.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools