December 21, 2014 | 1833 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2006 8:49:00 AM More reviews by ayi369

Good stuff! Herbal mixed honey scent.Very soothing and moisturizing but not greasy or sticky. Feels just right on lips. I paid $4.5 for it. At this price I think I got what I paid for. It has a grainy texture and harder than the usual lip balm sticks but I happened to love it! Definitely worth to try if you like the flavor of honey. However, Dr. Hauschka's lip balm still beats it off by unsurpassable quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by celiarenee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ugh! This stuff is so gross! It smells absolutely nothing like honey it's just nasty. I wiped it off after I put it on. I can't really describe the smell but it is most definitely not honey. I wasn't too big on the texture either. I really love the original tube lip balm, but not this honey crap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

I, too, found this to be a disappointing product. There is no honey scent/flavor/anything that I can detect--my whole reason for wanting to give this a try--and the texture is kind of grainy, almost like there is sand mixed in with the wax :( :( :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2006 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mrskish1014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: Too much of a pain to warm this up everytime before I use it so that is isn't hard. Into the trash it went.**Maybe I just got a bad tube or something, but this stuff is terrible! It is so hard and rough, it felt like sandpaper on my lips!! It actually made my lips more chaped and the smell isn't even that great. I am disappointed because I love honey products and the original balm is great, but the minty part bugs me. I was hoping this would be an HG for me, but not even close.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lip balm is fabulous!! It is far better than their peppermint one. This one has a light honey scent that I absolutley adore, and It is very moisturizing, & long lasting. And it is non-irritating. The price is right I paid only $2.49 at Cvs pharmacy. I use a lot of Burt's Bees products and this one I would deffinetly be re-buying!! I like the fact that BB are natural products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2006 1:00:00 AM More reviews by JennaX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very moisturizing, long-lasting and smells like real honey. I like this better than the minty one because in order to achieve that "minty" feel companies add eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil or tea tree oil...all of which are astringent in nature and therefore horribly drying on the lips. Honey, on the other hand, is a natural emolient and skin soothing agent. Think about that before purchasing the original "minty" burt's bee's lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by cinderelle

I'm a big Burt's Bees fan, but I felt sort of ambivalent about the minty taste of their original lip balm, so I was especially excited to find the honey version. It's made with shea butter, which is incredibly soft and soothing, and I really like the scent (which smells like honey to me, at least). This balm can get a little hard between uses, but if you warm it up a little by rubbing it on your lips for a few seconds, it'll become more pliable. It lasts a good long while, too. This is pretty much my daily lip balm, 'cause it makes my lips look good without too much shine, and it's very "low-maintenance", which I like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by xrockette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Given that I don't like honey much, the scent really doesn't appeal to me but it does smell sweet and floral, like honey should. this balm seems a bit hard but I like it better than the original beeswax balm, it's smoother and less waxy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2006 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Epitome

Great product! It really moisturized my lips and helped get rid of the dry flaky skin. I don't normally use lip balms (I know, bad..) but I'm really liking this lip balm. It's not flavored and uses all natural ingrediants -- no strange chemicals. I took off one lippie only because the honey doesn't seem to play such a big role in the balm, which is slightly upsetting because it's called Honey Lip Balm. Otherwise it's great, and it costs less than 3 USD.

Update May 9, 06 - I have issues with the container. Sometimes the "stick" won't go back down when turning the bottom. Still, since I love honey so much I'll probably keep repurchasing unless I find a better alternative.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by sher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This balm was just "eh" to me. I was hoping for more of a honey scent to it, and it seems a bit hard. I won't be buying this again.