Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

3.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I definitely understand the bad reviews behind this product, but still can't help but to love it. I don't think it is actually going to surpass my beloved CocoCare, but it is at least a runner up.

I think good old Burt could have done a little better than using gritty ass shea butter (how about something a wee bit more refined?), but I think I kind of like it, b/c although it does feel wierd going on, it melts onto lips nicely and makes them feel good. Super soft, I can't stop rubbing them together lol

The texture once it "melts" on is nice, just like I like. Also makes a good base to grab onto lipsticks and glosses. And I for one, love the scent. It is a lot for a lip balm, I'll give it's users who are less than fans of it that much, but I like it b/c there is something nostalgic about it to me. It reminds me of my grandma's rose gardens in the summertime. =)

Update: I recently repurchased this lip balm and have found that it no longer has the gritty texture that it once had. I know I complained about it, but the texture eventually grew on me as bits of shea melted into my lips. It is just not quite the same w/o grittier texture to me. continued >>

on 2/12/2006 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This DOES go on gritty but somehow it softens, and ends up lasting a long time. The feeling is addictive, lol. Nice scent and good moisturizer, I keep it in my backpack in case I forget to put lip gloss in my purse before school. Generally a good product.

on 2/8/2006 3:24:00 PM

I don't like this lipbalm at all. I makes my lips seem drier and more chapped. The thing I hate about it most is the dry texture/consitency which makes it difficult to apply. It is not smoothe at all and it is not very moisturzing and it makes my lips feel waxy and dry. I had the same problem with the Beeswax balm too.

on 2/6/2006 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because I thought the scent would be great and honey is good for healing. Well the scent was so off-putting -- I'm returning this. It was also drying for my lips. I ended up buying Nuxe honey lip balm which comes in a glass jar. It costs much more, but the Nuxe lipbalm is moisturizing and hydrating ....and the scent is nice.

on 1/31/2006 8:42:00 AM

Ugh, I was so dissapointed with this product. I had purchased the original Burt's Bee lip balm a few days ago and loved it, and, after reading such good reviews on the honey version, I went out and bought it. Well, it feels like you're rubbing sand paper against your lips because the balm is so gritty! And the taste, don't even get me started! It has a floral scent with a hint of honey, and I don't care much for the scent, either. Another thing is that it dries out my lips and chaps them. I think I'll stick with the originail.

on 1/30/2006 2:23:00 PM

I have three lipbalms that I really love and this is one of them. It is grainy but it melts into a smooth moisturizing balm as you rub it over your lips. The scent is nice like natural honey and has no flavor at all. I will rebuy this balm as it's just really nice & keeps my lips smooth and hydrated.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

At first, this IS grainy, but I kept using it because I adore the realiztic honey smell and it moisturizes without feeling heavy. This is lighter than the original, which I love as well. Also it isn't pepperminty, which sometimes I like and sometimes I don't. But it stops being grainy after you use it for a while. Then its even better. :)

on 1/29/2006 11:09:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Agree with review below! Nasty! I was expecting a sweet honey taste, but it's only scented with honey and somehow, the scent of honey without the taste of it, is just not right! And, it's also grainy! Yuck! Save your money on this! Stick with the peppermint balm!

on 1/25/2006 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The first time you use this, it will be hard and grainy - you have to apply it to your lips for a longer time to warm it. Then, it will morph into a smooth and soft lip balm like all the rest, and stay that way unless you don't use it again for a long while. I like this lip balm so much better than the one with peppermint. Honey lip balm glides on smoothly, moisturizes, soothes, and tastes like honey in the honeycomb. The taste is just a tad perfumey - fake, but it's very subtle so I don't really mind. I love Burt's lip shimmers, but this is great for when you don't want color.

on 1/24/2006 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Good stuff! Herbal mixed honey scent.Very soothing and moisturizing but not greasy or sticky. Feels just right on lips. I paid $4.5 for it. At this price I think I got what I paid for. It has a grainy texture and harder than the usual lip balm sticks but I happened to love it! Definitely worth to try if you like the flavor of honey. However, Dr. Hauschka's lip balm still beats it off by unsurpassable quality.

Popular Lip Treatments