October 25, 2014 | 1834 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lip balm is fabulous!! It is far better than their peppermint one. This one has a light honey scent that I absolutley adore, and It is very moisturizing, & long lasting. And it is non-irritating. The price is right I paid only $2.49 at Cvs pharmacy. I use a lot of Burt's Bees products and this one I would deffinetly be re-buying!! I like the fact that BB are natural products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2006 1:00:00 AM More reviews by JennaX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very moisturizing, long-lasting and smells like real honey. I like this better than the minty one because in order to achieve that "minty" feel companies add eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil or tea tree oil...all of which are astringent in nature and therefore horribly drying on the lips. Honey, on the other hand, is a natural emolient and skin soothing agent. Think about that before purchasing the original "minty" burt's bee's lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by cinderelle

I'm a big Burt's Bees fan, but I felt sort of ambivalent about the minty taste of their original lip balm, so I was especially excited to find the honey version. It's made with shea butter, which is incredibly soft and soothing, and I really like the scent (which smells like honey to me, at least). This balm can get a little hard between uses, but if you warm it up a little by rubbing it on your lips for a few seconds, it'll become more pliable. It lasts a good long while, too. This is pretty much my daily lip balm, 'cause it makes my lips look good without too much shine, and it's very "low-maintenance", which I like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by xrockette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Given that I don't like honey much, the scent really doesn't appeal to me but it does smell sweet and floral, like honey should. this balm seems a bit hard but I like it better than the original beeswax balm, it's smoother and less waxy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2006 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Epitome

Great product! It really moisturized my lips and helped get rid of the dry flaky skin. I don't normally use lip balms (I know, bad..) but I'm really liking this lip balm. It's not flavored and uses all natural ingrediants -- no strange chemicals. I took off one lippie only because the honey doesn't seem to play such a big role in the balm, which is slightly upsetting because it's called Honey Lip Balm. Otherwise it's great, and it costs less than 3 USD.

Update May 9, 06 - I have issues with the container. Sometimes the "stick" won't go back down when turning the bottom. Still, since I love honey so much I'll probably keep repurchasing unless I find a better alternative.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by sher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This balm was just "eh" to me. I was hoping for more of a honey scent to it, and it seems a bit hard. I won't be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2006 8:16:00 AM More reviews by worldwide

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite lip balm! I agree with other reviewers that the fragrance is a light floral, but after the first few uses I can now smell the warm honey scent. It doesn't have any flavor, which I like. It's rich but not sticky, and has great staying power. Wonderful for this winter and leaves my lips very smooth and soft. Will definitely buy a lot! EDITED: I quickly got sick of the overpowering fragrance. I now use Badger Balm unscented cocoa butter lip balm, which moisturizes much better and doesn't have any strong fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2005 4:21:00 PM More reviews by zangreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'd give this a 4.5 if it was possible. It's nearly perfect. I love shea butter lipbalms and don't always want mint or menthol on my lips. It does have the ocassional bumpiness from the shea, if you keep it in a pocket near your body it'll stay warm and go on easier. I don't mind the natural honey powder vs the sweet balm. The ones with sweetener like the B&BW balms will tempt you to lick your lips and undo the moisturizing effects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 10:34:00 AM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm. It's so moisturizing and smells great. I always prep my lips with this before putting on lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2005 11:27:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

On my quest for the perfect lipbalm, I stumbled across this at Walgreens. I have used and liked the minty version of this, but the ingredient honey caught my eye. What also caught my eye that in the ingredient list shea butter is the first on the list, which tells me that is the product that there is the most of in this product. Which is a really good thing, since shea butter is known for its super conditioning properties.
It does have a sweet, earthy smell that I actually like. I am really over the syrupy sweet lipbalms, so for me this is a nice change. I was kind of off put by the gritty texture of this when you first use it, so I took one lippie off for that. But all in all its a great lipbalm for a good price. I would repurchase.