April 16, 2014 | 912 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 10:34:00 AM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm. It's so moisturizing and smells great. I always prep my lips with this before putting on lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2005 11:27:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

On my quest for the perfect lipbalm, I stumbled across this at Walgreens. I have used and liked the minty version of this, but the ingredient honey caught my eye. What also caught my eye that in the ingredient list shea butter is the first on the list, which tells me that is the product that there is the most of in this product. Which is a really good thing, since shea butter is known for its super conditioning properties.
It does have a sweet, earthy smell that I actually like. I am really over the syrupy sweet lipbalms, so for me this is a nice change. I was kind of off put by the gritty texture of this when you first use it, so I took one lippie off for that. But all in all its a great lipbalm for a good price. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2005 11:39:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPanda

I am so glad I found a honey lip balm. I was disappointed when The Body Shop stopped selling thiers back in the mid 90's.

The first application was a little bit hard and waxy. Since then it's gotten smoother. It has shea butter as a main ingredient which is great for skin and lips.

There is no flavor, which is good. I dont like flavored stuff a lot.

The smell is awesome. Sweet, and earthy like others said before me.

This stuff also stays on your lips, unlike other balms.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2005 10:49:00 AM More reviews by ahappyplace

I could do without the bumpy texture of this balm, but it does feel smooth on the lips. Seems less dry than the minty Burt's Bees balm and makes a better base for l/s or l/g. My lips look really healthy with this on. Points off for the smell, however. I love sweet honey scented and flavored balms (my favorite was by Naturistics and is long discontinued) and this definitely has a musty, earthy element to it. It's also worth noting that this product does not claim to be 99.5% natural like the minty balm. On the whole, a decent balm but could use some tweaking (and SPF!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2005 10:33:00 PM More reviews by banana_008

Nice smooth balm. Pleasant honeysuckle scent and not waxy or greasy. Would make a good base for lipstick and glosses. But for a lip treatment I like to coat my lips with something a little thicker.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2005 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Gem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the original lip balm formula, like most, but I needed something with a bit more "oomph" for the cold winter. And something that will not break the bank.

The original is good for Spring/Summer/early Fall, but the menthol does not help when the wind is beating on the lips! Well, to me, it doesn't. The Honey formula is WONDERFUL since it has Vitamin E to moisuturize. It is not tingly to the lips like the original, feels like a "regular" lip balm. The bumpy-like formula (the honey consistency) shown on the tube is not produced on the lips, so that's good. It is a good alternative to the original; a good cold-weather alternative that is. I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2005 12:06:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Honey lipbalm! Great beeswax, no peppermint just sweet honey and vitamin E. I love how the honey is/has crystallized so it's bumpy in the tube but not on lips. Very nice product. I really like this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 3:14:00 AM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a big Burt's Bees fan, out of curiosity I purchased this. In some ways this is better than the Beeswax Lip Balm because this has shea butter and is thus more moisturizing, plus no menthol/tingling sensation. On the other hand, this smells like honey right out of a jar...which I'm not a big fan of. However, this is a great alternative to the regular Beeswas Lip Balm. EDIT: Something went wrong with this balm, and now it's become a hard tube of wax! I have trouble putting it on my lips because it just doesn't seem to melt. Pretty much unusable. I'm going back to my HG minty Beeswax Lip Balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Amandafly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this balm. The menthol in a lot of balms irritates my lips lately. This smells like milk and honey and is quite moisturizing. I will be reaching for this much more often.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2005 4:42:00 PM More reviews by CommieHamster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

Decent. A nice alternative to the original for those who found the mint oil drying. Plus, in the winter, who wants tingling cold lips?