January 28, 2015 | 1971 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 2:23:00 PM More reviews by buttercupt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have three lipbalms that I really love and this is one of them. It is grainy but it melts into a smooth moisturizing balm as you rub it over your lips. The scent is nice like natural honey and has no flavor at all. I will rebuy this balm as it's just really nice & keeps my lips smooth and hydrated.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2006 2:27:00 PM More reviews by TessyBuggyWuggy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first, this IS grainy, but I kept using it because I adore the realiztic honey smell and it moisturizes without feeling heavy. This is lighter than the original, which I love as well. Also it isn't pepperminty, which sometimes I like and sometimes I don't. But it stops being grainy after you use it for a while. Then its even better. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 11:09:00 AM More reviews by PattyG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Agree with review below! Nasty! I was expecting a sweet honey taste, but it's only scented with honey and somehow, the scent of honey without the taste of it, is just not right! And, it's also grainy! Yuck! Save your money on this! Stick with the peppermint balm!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The first time you use this, it will be hard and grainy - you have to apply it to your lips for a longer time to warm it. Then, it will morph into a smooth and soft lip balm like all the rest, and stay that way unless you don't use it again for a long while. I like this lip balm so much better than the one with peppermint. Honey lip balm glides on smoothly, moisturizes, soothes, and tastes like honey in the honeycomb. The taste is just a tad perfumey - fake, but it's very subtle so I don't really mind. I love Burt's lip shimmers, but this is great for when you don't want color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2006 8:49:00 AM More reviews by ayi369

Good stuff! Herbal mixed honey scent.Very soothing and moisturizing but not greasy or sticky. Feels just right on lips. I paid $4.5 for it. At this price I think I got what I paid for. It has a grainy texture and harder than the usual lip balm sticks but I happened to love it! Definitely worth to try if you like the flavor of honey. However, Dr. Hauschka's lip balm still beats it off by unsurpassable quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by celiarenee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ugh! This stuff is so gross! It smells absolutely nothing like honey it's just nasty. I wiped it off after I put it on. I can't really describe the smell but it is most definitely not honey. I wasn't too big on the texture either. I really love the original tube lip balm, but not this honey crap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 3:28:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

I, too, found this to be a disappointing product. There is no honey scent/flavor/anything that I can detect--my whole reason for wanting to give this a try--and the texture is kind of grainy, almost like there is sand mixed in with the wax :( :( :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2006 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mrskish1014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: Too much of a pain to warm this up everytime before I use it so that is isn't hard. Into the trash it went.**Maybe I just got a bad tube or something, but this stuff is terrible! It is so hard and rough, it felt like sandpaper on my lips!! It actually made my lips more chaped and the smell isn't even that great. I am disappointed because I love honey products and the original balm is great, but the minty part bugs me. I was hoping this would be an HG for me, but not even close.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lip balm is fabulous!! It is far better than their peppermint one. This one has a light honey scent that I absolutley adore, and It is very moisturizing, & long lasting. And it is non-irritating. The price is right I paid only $2.49 at Cvs pharmacy. I use a lot of Burt's Bees products and this one I would deffinetly be re-buying!! I like the fact that BB are natural products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2006 1:00:00 AM More reviews by JennaX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very moisturizing, long-lasting and smells like real honey. I like this better than the minty one because in order to achieve that "minty" feel companies add eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil or tea tree oil...all of which are astringent in nature and therefore horribly drying on the lips. Honey, on the other hand, is a natural emolient and skin soothing agent. Think about that before purchasing the original "minty" burt's bee's lip balm.