October 31, 2014 | 875 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by les33cochons

i recently bought the small tin jar for a trip; i needed a heavy cream and for a buck, i figured it would be good enough. it definitely exceeded my expectations. it's heavy without being greasy. it leaves my skin soft immediately. i like the smell, which is floral and slightly powdery. i haven't used it on my face, but on my body it's amazing. also for sunburns it works really well too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently told my cosmetician that I put Nivea creme on my face at night and I distinctly heard an audible gasp. But listen and be convinced! Long ago, as a teenager, before the tyranny of anti-aging products took hold, I used Nivea creme as a day and night cream and loved it. I loved the sweet retro tin, I loved the smell, everything. Then I defected to higher end brands. That is, until this spring. I was in Holland and found myself out of night cream. All I could get my paws on at the time was a tube of Nivea...and today I am mystified and delighted to report excellent results. Coupled with my retinol-based day cream, it has vastly improved my skin. My only three caveats would be a) warm the cream in your hands before applying, b) buy the German version only (in Ontario, I score mine (a massive tin for $20 Canadian) at Denninger's Foods of the World) and c) wash your face in the a.m., as it is a thick cream and can clog pores. But what great results! Also good for lips! Heels! Hands! Irritated areas! How excited can I get? A darn good bang for the buck in this hardscrabble day and age.

EDIT: I spoke too soon and have tempted the Beauty Product Gods. I have developed Perioral Dermatitis, and my beloved Nivea has been relegated to elbow and heel duty. Oh, and do you know you can also use it to clean your handbags, in a pinch? I kid you not.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

German version, of course. There are already many great reviews on this, but I wanted to add a few points that I think other reviewers of it would see the validity of mentioning. I enjoy organic moisturizers, but I notice that there's a lot of talk in our skin junkie world about the not purely organic products stripping us of our natural moisture and leaving us addicted to the products to get moisture. I have never found this to be the case with German Nivea Creme. When I have a dry or irritated spot, I can treat it with a small application over a few days or a week, and once it's healed, my moisture level and smoothness are fine and I can go without--nice economic side to it. I gave some German Nivea to my mother who has super allergic skin when her beloved Pacquin's was discontinued and no irritations ensued. In fact, she said it was the best she'd felt since Pacquin's had been discontinued. The thing that bothers me is that with the American version out there, I think it causes confusion with non-skin junkies regarding their general impression of the product. I will offer no definitve statement on using it on the face. Faces are often more sensitive than the rest of the body and more effected by humidity/dryness, so experiment on a case by case basis. Even if it doesn't work on your face, its usefulness for the rest of the body proves its merit. Last point, notice with old fashioned products, there are sometimes comments/concerns about it smelling "old lady-ish". Men and women who've I given samples of the German often say first thing, no prompting, what a nice smell it is. Besides that, I don't like what it implies about old ladies. Has anyone ever seen photos of old ladies in their earlier years? Previous generations were so glamorous and had stylishness with everyday clothes and general looks that could be quite smart and sophisticated. If some old ladies look a little dowdy-ish now, it's because the fashion/skin industries often ignore older women's needs in providing them with all the glamour tools they had when they were younger. But this is a moot point. Whether you're in your 80s, your 60s like my mother, or 30s like me, I think pleasant smelling, smooth, soft skin is a classic for every age. I suspect I'll be dabbing German Nivea on if I'm blessed to live to a very ripe age.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Henna36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the German version:
I ordered this creme after reading the rave reviews. My curiousity was peaked after reading the comparison to La Mer. I see the hype over this creme. I have used the La Mer creme, only to find my skin broken out. I never noticed any miraculous change. To my surprise, Nivea moisturizes just as well as La Mer. I have very sensitive skin that is dry in places and oily in others, acne prone skin with some residual scarring from my teenage years. After a few weeks of applying this at night, my skin just glows. This, coupled with Korres rose brightening serum has really made a difference. Even my hubby asked me what I had been using. My face feels like a babys butt! I have no breakouts from this at all. My skin looks clearer and radiant. I also love the fact that this is inexpensive and the little tin is so convenient to stick in your purse or when traveling. I do not use this in the morning, however, except as an under eye cream and as a lip balm. It is part of my night ritual every single day. I hope to continue using this and saving hundreds of dollars each year!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Sarahliz1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE to use this in junction with my Retin A. Used when I would get sunburned at the beach as a kid with my grandma. Amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 2:59:00 AM More reviews by ickdragon

I grew up with the classic blue jar of Nivea in my bathroom. My entire family used it, even the boys.

Now a days, I tend to reserve it's use for around the eyes only since the heavy formula is too rich for my oily skin. My super sensitive eye skin loves this stuff and drinks it right up. It's great for removing leftover eye makeup as well.

Nivea cream also works wonders for angry summer skin. Simply apply a generous amount onto the sunburn and you will feel immediate relief. It's slightly cool feeling at first - and takes it's time sinking in depending on the degree of the burn - but it helps alleviate the tight, burnt skin sensation. It obviously will moisturize the heck out of the burnt skin and it has really helped lessen the amount of peeling I've had with my past sunburns.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by april647

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Your grandmother probably used this creme, and trust me, she knew what she was doing. They sell it in a tube now in addition to the classic tin, and although it has all kinds of uses, for me, it's the perfect hand cream. Just a dab will provide intense moisture with no greasy feeling and instantly wipe out any dry, rough spots on my hands and cuticles. My mother used to use it on her hands too when I was a child, and the scent still reminds me of her. Even in price-inflated NYC, a tube of this costs me $3.49 at my drugstore. For such a classic, high-quality product, that's a deal if I ever saw one. What more could you want?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by PawPawGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

THIS IS A CLASSIC. I have used this for many many years. I had to ask my friends from France to bring it to me but it is now available in the US.
It is THICK, a tad greasy, but it's perfect for night application, after a shower. It does what's it's supposed to: hydrate, moisturize, soften, protect. The smell is not overwhelming.
in a pinch, i have used it as a cuticle cream. I generally don't use it on my hands because I find it a bit greasy and I like to read after putting on my night cream.
It comes in all kinds of containers, some that have nice screw on tops, ideal for traveling. They also make mini boxes as travel size or for your purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Rinchi9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this product again (and again and again...)? Heck yes! This is my favorite cream of all time. It's been an inventory in my household since I can remember, always couple of them lying around. I'm a hand cream junkie and I like trying out new stuff; sometimes I even wish I'd try something new and fall in love, just for change sake. I've gone l'occitane, the body shop, vichy, nuxe, neutrogena, dior, avenne.... God knows what, I can't remember all of them... And I ALWAYS come back. Just when I think "wow, this one might work from now on..." Nope, takes me right back to Nivea. Super-thick, super-moisturizing multi-purpose wonder. Besides this, Nivea makes my favorite body lotion, the one in pale-blue bottle. Love it! Nivea <3

PS. I 'm from Europe so this is, I believe a trademark cream, the one every family has, part of household inventory. I have never been in anyone's bathroom not to find this cream on their shelf! Really! I read there's a Mexican version of this cream, and I hope it's just as good as the German one I've been using all my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by lilplayer637

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I first used the Mexico version for my face because I hadn't found the German version yet. I live in the OC and finally found a European market in my area in Huntington Beach i got a tin 150 ml for $9.95 they also have a bigger one for 15 or the 400ml for 20 dollars i stuck with the 150ml since its only for my face. I use the Mexico version for my body its so moisturizing for my eczema /psoriasis skin . I use other face and body moisturizers to but love this stuff to.