October 20, 2014 | 1917 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by west58

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Because this is such an iconic fragrance I really wanted to love it. But I don't. It's a very sweet floral with a metallic edge and old-lady-dusting-powder finish. Very artificial chemical scent and very unappealing. Gorgeous bottle, however.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by suzyQ3

The smell of this perfume seems so serious to me. It does not smell like a fun, girly, carefree perfume. It strikes me as very sophisticated and strong. I feel like I need to be at least 50 years old in order to wear this, which is definitely not my type of perfume. I got this as a gift, otherwise I never would purchase it on my own. So, it depends on personal taste. You want to try something more serious and bold, then this is your type. If you want something floral, flirty, and fun, buy something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Libagrouchy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

CNo5 is one of those scents that definitely work better with some body chemistry than others. It smelled divine on my mother and I always wanted to wear it but never felt it worked for me. After she died I kept her bottles, one unopened that I had given her. Now and then, I wear it and it seems to work for me better; maybe my body has changed. One crucial thing to note is NEVER to waste your money on EDT. You can only get the real depth of CNo5's complexity and charm from EDP.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2006 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Karrykins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Coco Chanel did not intend this perfume to be flowery - it is a "chypre" which does not rely on flowers to give the base notes because flowers cannot produce the dry notes in Chanel 5 . It was formulated from musks and dehydes (synthetics) and, I believe, was the first created scent to use synthetics.
If Chanel 5 smells great on you and people notice it, it's just fabulous but it is yet another scent that fades to zero on me . I adore it and tend to spray it on my clothes (where it lasts longer)rather than on myself but my husband (whose opinion counts most of all) makes no comment when I wear it I don't think men find it particularly sexy or memorable.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2006 12:31:00 PM More reviews by dandychick92

What is TaniaRides going on about?! Anyone who knows about this perfume's history will know that Coco Chanel Intended for this fragrance to have no flowery natural composition, and was a very well put together piece of chemicals.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2006 1:40:00 PM More reviews by road

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This scent is not right for me. I don't think it's the worse, but I'm looking for a scent that is wow on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2006 11:53:00 PM More reviews by succulentangel2b

I know this sounds pathetic but I decided to give this one another try. After getting sucked by Chanel's 12 million dollar 60 second ad with Nicole Kidman, I was compelled to embrace the so called "couture elegance". I must say ... I LOVE IT!!! I bought the 3.4 oz EDP and spritz it on as soon as I got in the car. I love how it compliments my look: pale nude lips, black Sophia Loren smoky eyes, dewy finish and chunky earrings - it definitely seals the envelope. I am entranced by how rich it smells - woodsy, floral, deep - just amazing. I suggest you all should give it a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2006 1:56:00 AM More reviews by starsmax1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this smell in the bottle and on other people. I wanted to love it given that it seems to be "the scent" but it smelled like stale cat pee on me. Very chemical with a heavy urea aroma, not even like a perfume. One of the worse scents I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2006 6:27:00 AM More reviews by rickylee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love it. Old ladyish-no way. Nicole Kidman as the Chanel No 5 face ladies-thats pure class. Beautiful,dreamy soft notes. Lovely packaging, Price quite high but for quality-part with your cold hard. However on the down-side it doesn't have staying power. Now Ive worn Stella and Chanel No 5, it seems most people have commented on the Stella only. But hey I still love the No 5. I feel beautiful and sexy as hell when encased in a cloud of Chanel No 5. Plus my boyfriend always calls me bella when I wear no 5. Sigh why can't italian cosmetic houses produce a product like this. Then I could match my scent with my italian stallion.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2006 10:22:00 AM More reviews by melloly

this is really a classic scent. I like it. I thought this would seem a bit too 'mature' for me because i'm only 20, but i think its a very universal scent. and the lasting power is REALLY good. I sprayed it on one night, and the next morning after tossing and turning in my bed all night, i could still smell the scent on my wrist. i like to wear this out on evenings.