November 28, 2014 | 1435 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 10:09:00 PM More reviews by smoothierama

wow. wow. WOW! amaazing. my blackheads are drying up, my zits are going away. my marks are fading away... real FAST! i love it! doesn't smell nice though.. a MUST TRY!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by DubsBelle

I use Natural Brand Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother from GNC and I must say, my skin has dramatically improved! My old blemish scars are fading nicely, I hardly ever break out as much as I did before (now it's small zits, one or two at most) and my skin generally feels soft and plain ol'nice. It really all depends on your skin but for me I use full strength on a cotten swab for my entire face with no harsh results. Always test to make sure though. Only thing is my face smells like sweaty feet (lol!) I use every morning and night. Great natural remedy! By the way this brand is also raw-unfiltered, unheated and unpasteurized.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2005 4:33:00 PM More reviews by amber27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

****MUST DILUTE THIS WITH PURIFIED WATER LADIES! **** I'm hearing about too many of you using this full-strength... Anyway, this is my HG toner. I simply mix 1 part Bragg's ACV with 3 parts purified water. It's also great to add 1 part aloe vera water if you'd like. This stuff is amazing. The first time I used this, I couldn't stop touching my skin afterward - it was so soft and amazing! Also, my skin wasn't red or irritated, yet calm and rejuvinated. I remember at first I was skeptical about trying this b/c I figured it would just dry the crap out of my skin - but boy, was I wrong! And yes, the brand does matter. Bragg is UNFILTERED and UNPROCESSED, meaning that it has all of the enzymes and nutrients still in it - and that will definitely make your skin happy! Other vinegars might help with clearing up excess oil or drying otu a pimple or something - but you will certainly be robbing your skin of the wonderful nutrients present in a raw and organic brand - as well as possibly overdrying your skin. If you don't have access to Bragg's - try looking for another unfiltered and organic brand. Also, use Bragg's ACV on your salads mixed with a bit of olive oil. Your body will thank you. Bragg is an awesome brand coming from true-to-heart health crusaders! I definitely recommend using this stuff for a toner. Try it for a month and see what happens. :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2005 12:20:00 PM More reviews by AmyFehr157

Not specifially on Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, just apple cider vinegar as a toner in general. I use a 13oz. empty bottle, fill it halfway with apple cider vinegar and the other half with a strong-brew of green tea (the green tea bags with honey & leomn -- smells better and you can add a little of the humectant benefits of the honey and astringent qualities of lemon easily that way). I also add about 10 drops of tea tree oil for it's strong antibacterial and skin-healing properties and about 10 drops of lavender essential oil for the pleasant scent and for it's antiseptic and sebum-controlling properties, as well as it's ability to assist in the healing of wounds, aiding in the formation of scar tissue, and rejuvenating the skin. I really like using these natural products instead of harsh chemicals and drying alcohol. The apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil really do a good job at removing any traces of make-up, dirt, and oil on your skin. So well that, in fact, you feel all clean and tingly afterwards. I have oily, brake-out-prone, sensitive skin and it reacts well to the alcohol- and chemical-free natural apple cider vinegar toner. Plus, it's dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 8:08:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

I read the reviews and I took the bait! Summer in Georgia does TERRIBLE things to my skin; the heat and humidity makes me breakout everywhere - my face, back, chest. Even with my PC 2% BHL, my pores are hell in the summer. When I bought my Bragg's vinegar, the entire lower left side of my face (and neck, from perspiration beneath my heavy hair) looked like I'd been attacked! All bright red blemishes that had reached their peak but would not go away. In one week of applying Bragg's straight as a toner twice a day (occasionally adding aspirin toner after the Bragg's dried) and the red marks are GONE. My skin feels like silk, and I'm very happy. I don't find that it stings me, but from what I've read on MUA there are many sensitive gals out there so perhaps some will choose to dilute this. For less than $4 you can't go wrong...TRY THIS!!!!

(Yes, it stinks! But to me, it means nice skin and I kind of like the smell now, knowing that it makes such a difference in my skin.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 12:55:00 PM More reviews by A9M8L

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate writing reviews for products that i love because i'm superstitious and always think they're gonna stop working well after i rave about them.....but, this stuff is just too good to be true! i actually learned about this toner method off the acne.org website under the scar message board. after trying many many different scar products this is the only one that seems to be healing my old acne scars. i apply it 1 to 1 or add a little more H20 if my skin feels drier, and then when its dry, i put jojoba oil on all over. i noticed that jojoba oil didn't moisturize the extra dry spots as well so i also use desert essence tea tree oil skin ointment (ingred: sweet almond oil, tea tree oil, jojoba oil, calendula extract, lavender oil, cetyl esters, beeswax). I really recommend this ointment because it helps moisturize overnight but also hasn't broken me out. My skin definitely doesn't look perfect, but i am so amazed with the results so far! i really hope this continues to improve my skin, because right now i couldn't be happier! and ya it does stink like nobody's business, but its well worth it if you have skin problems!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2005 11:42:00 AM More reviews by frenchchick

I am doing the super toner recipee found below with green tea, ylan ylang oils and Vit C Crystals. I am very impressed at how fast it's clearing the red marks left by pimples. My skin seems clearer and more radiant. No change on nose blackheads but so far I am very pleased with this. The ylan ylang oil covers the smell a bit so i use it in the AM and PM/alternating with retin-a micro.
Edit: after one week of using, I'm loving it. I put pure ACV on a pimple that was brewing and it cut it's life short. It didn't evolve into a huge zit and was gone in 2 days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2005 8:40:00 AM More reviews by franticog

I don't use the Braggs brand, I have never seen that brand in the stores I shop in. I just use the regular Heinz or generic version of ACV and it works GREAT! I wet a cotton ball first and then put just a tad of vinegar on it and swipe it all over my face. I was beginning to have a problem with large pores in my nose/cheek area and this totally turned my face around. My skin is soft and smooth and looks radiant. My teenage daughter used it on blackheads on her chin and in one application, those were gone and her skin is clear. Dirt cheep, works good too. Only downside is the smell, like feet. I thought it had gone away because I moisturized and applied my makeup after toning w/ ACV but when I went to work out and started to sweat......I smelled vinegar. I am not sure if anyone else noticed it or not. I can not smell this on my daughter and she said I didn't smell like a pickle or feet after my work out; so going on that, I guess I'll keep using it for the benefits!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2005 12:53:00 AM More reviews by djcanopy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I whole heartedly second all the positives everyone here has said. The one thing I would add - from my own personal experience, is that users should be sure to dilute this when using. I got overly enthusiastic and used it full strength (after having used it diluted for a few weeks). I burned my skin in a manner of sorts, and after about 4 months of staying away from it am just now back on the Braggs.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2005 12:51:00 AM More reviews by liatrice

I can't believe this get rated as well!! I'd been using Bragg ACV for many things, especially when department store's skin care upsets me. I mainly use it as:::

(1)Mask: ACV + Organic Honey - (2)Cleanser: ACV + distilled water + sweet almond oil - (3)
Hair rinse: ACV + 2 springs rosemary herb (Macerate for 2 wks b4 use) - (4)
Toner/mist: ACV + rose/lavender EO + distilled water + sweet almond oil - (5)
Facial Steam: ACV + Parsley/Green Tea infusion + Licorice Root .....

Braggs ACV is the best out there, as compare to other ACV i.e. Heinz's... most beneficial as Braggs' come with the "mother"...will use it for life~

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No