Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Price: $

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 10/23/2005 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Wow! What is the deal with ACV that makes it so amazing for your face. I cannot stop touching my face, it is soooo soft and smooth! I used ACV from the grocery store and mixed it 2/3 vinegar and 1/3 purified water. Then I added about 20 - 25 drops of tea tree oil and 10 - 12 crushed aspirin. Yes... it does NOT smell pleasant, but the smell only lasts a minute or two. Also, when you add the crushed aspirin, you are going to have to give a good shake before applying, b/c the aspiring settles on the bottom. It is so easy to make, so inexpensive and works so well to soften your skin and smooth out your complextion. I have always been very inconsistent in my use of a toner, but since seeing the results from this one, I am hooked.

on 10/17/2005 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It really works WONDER !!!!!!!!

I can't find Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar in Indonesia. However , I used S&W Apple Cider Vinegar. Used 2 parts of ACV , 1 part of water and 10 drops of Tea tree Oil from body shop.Apply it on my oily face nightly and on my back 2 x every shower for the past 3 days ( don't worry , the smell will disspitate ). I just see the result few mins ago. My face is fairer and radiant.and my 2 weeks acne marks suddenly turn very light grey.Plus I have these icky black spot scars due to backne and they are lighter in color...by 50 %. How amazingggggggggggggg !!Perhaps it will be great for after shave. I just use it after shaving my legs.I will post again if it helps in minimizing those nasty ingrown hair. I am ready to shop for those backless gown for the coming christmas party !!

on 10/16/2005 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this ACV! i mix 1 part ACV to 2 parts water. i use this every night. my acne marks fade so much faster than any other toners out there. it also makes my skin smooth and soft. the smell isn't that bad also. so overall, i really, really love this toner! (knock on wood)

Okay, first of all, THIS TONER IS AMAZING!
Expect some bumps or so in the first few weeks (I guess all the gunk in your pores is being taken out), and if you stick to it, your skin is going to look awesome. Your zits AND your blackheads will disappear. Mine just did.

The price is dirt cheap. And a bottle will last you a looong time. PLUS it delivers results no other high end toner can.

The smell does not bother me anymore, but it is kind of strong, so I only use this at night. For day, I use witch hazel.

I've tried carekate's recipe but this one works even better:

2/3 apple cider vinegar
1/3 purified water
Uncoated Aspirin

Shake 'em up in a bottle. (The amount of aspirin depends on how big your container is. I use around 1-2 aspirins in an 80ml bottle)

Oh, yeah. STORE IT IN THE REFRIGERATOR!

on 10/13/2005 3:05:00 PM

Hmm. Now I'm wondering if I've been over-zealous. I've suddenly got a very fine, bumpy, colorless rash on my cheeks. I have been putting a lot of undiluted ACV on my face lately. Has anyone else had their skin react to it this way? It's eitehr the ACV or my new Lancome Double Finish powder.

on 10/13/2005 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product for over a month now and I actually like it. I thought it would be way harsh on my acne-prone combo skin, but it hasn't dried me out or irritated my skin at all. It doesn't make my rosacea worse and actually seems to whiten my skin a bit. I haven't had any major breakouts since using this and I think my scars are fading faster. The smell isn't that bad either. It smells like the crabapple trees I grew up with. It tastes alot worse than it smells, but I mix 2TBS with orange juice everyday to help fight germs from the inside. My only complaint is the heavy glass bottle. I almost dropped it on the bathroom floor one night, so I've transferred the liquid to a spray bottle, mix it with green tea(carekate's review)and apply with a cotton ball.

on 10/7/2005 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Amazing product. I dilute this with water before applying, haven't found any dramatic results but my skin has seemed to stay smoother and more glowy, no breakouts from it, it may actually help keep them away. Overall I'll keep using it cause it work, but very subtlely.

on 10/6/2005 8:35:00 PM

ACV is a fabulous toner and tonic for the skin. It leaves my face glowing and fresh-looking. My skin is tough enough to take it undiluted. I apply it using cotton makeup rounds and I let it really soak in. Afterwards, it looks like my skin is lit from beneath. I even like the smell... because I associate it with such fabulous results! I especially love that it's something you can feel good about. Feed your skin and make it happy. Every day. With Apple Cider Vinegar!

on 10/4/2005 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have an oily nose w/ enlarged pores/small blakheads and dryness on cheeks & forehead. This is working for me. I diluted 2:1 w/ H2O and a few drops of lime oil (to help w/ smell). I squirt some on a cotton pad and use after cleansing w/ Aveeno Ultra Calming foaming cleanser. My whole face seems balanced, soft and comfortable, even prior to applying moisturizer. Can this stuff really be true?! When I think of all the $$$ I've spent over the years, when $2.50 worth of fermented apple juice is working this well! Hurray!

on 10/3/2005 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

First of all-- yes, the smell is horrific. Something like a cross between smelly feet and urine.

I haven't seen the spectacular, overnight miracles that some MUAers have, but I have seen a number of improvements in my skin over the last two weeks. I use after cleansing my skin with basis clear skin bar soap. I have bad, bad cystic acne (often five or six deep blemishes at a time) and the combo of basis and ACV seems to have slowed down the occurrance of new beakouts, though I don't think it has sped healing of my old ones.

My red marks from old acne have definitely begun to lighten, which I am very happy with, and my skin tone in general is more evened out since before using the ACV. I've just been using the Braggs straight up on my face (my skin is not particularly sensitive), but plan to try carekate's recipe soon to see if it boosts the speed of my results.

overall, I am happy with my results, particularly for the money I've spent. Though I would caution against everyone expecting the dramatic results people have talked about here.
*****EDIT***** UGH! a few more weeks on the vinegar and I was right back to ruddy, broken out skin. did nothing long term to help. will NOT buy again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials