November 26, 2014 | 928 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2004 7:53:00 PM More reviews by luvmebean

first of all, it does cover my blemish, better than most drug store brands.. but i will keep searching because:
the packaging sucks big time, it spilled and stained my shirt, i cannot remove this stain.. so i will not repurchase this

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2004 5:08:00 AM More reviews by zebraempires1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bleee!!! How nasty is the packaging? I have to keep this baby NEXT to my makeup bag rather than in it, and that really grates my carrot. I actually spilt the foundation into the cap on first day I got this (doh!) so its a real mess. (Any idea's on how to clean out the cap? I've left it in hot water but nothing seems to work.)

Anyway, I find the foundation a little too thick for me, but then again I don't really need to hide any blemishes. My skins pretty clear except for these annoying little whiteheads that appear on my forehead come first day of my period. This foundation didn't make those bumps any better or worse, but I'm glad it didn't aggravate them or anything.

Find it a bit hard to spread it around my face unless I use a fair amount of moisturiser but otherwise its okay. Nothing special and I've used better, like Clinique's Superfit, but that in itself isn't my HG. Still looking...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2004 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Monikah

I love love love this foundation! I bought it just on a limb because it was on sale and it came with a free conceler stick. I have it in 04 Sand and its a little bit darker than my natural skin tone but it looks better on me that way. I've almost gone through the whole bottle and the only real cons I've noticed is the packaging and sometimes it doesnt hold up until the end of the day as well as I'd like it too. The glass bottle is such a hassle, the stuff gets all around the cap and its hard to pour the right amount out. Other than that this is a fine foundation choice, I didn't notice any 'blemish healing' miricles', it's nice that it doesnt over-dry though. I'd repurchase for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2004 8:32:00 AM More reviews by candy15151

Great oil absorption, blemish coverage, and color choice. This foundation stayed on all day to absorb oil and shine while at a barbeque in 90 degree weather!! This product also did not dry out my face (even though I'm on Retin-A) Loved this product, but pretty sure it gave me small weird bumps on my forehead, so I will not wear this too often.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by LedZep35

So far so good.I have only worn it about 3 times but I like the color i picked.Golden and the coverage is good and so is the texture.I will stick w/it for awhile and see how it goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2004 8:41:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I just bought this yesterday after reading the good reviews. The colors are yellowish (which is good for me) but the selection seems to run light. I have been test driving it today and my first impressions are pretty good. I have sensitive combo skin. It did tingle the tiniest bit at first, but it wore off after a few minutes and was far from unbearable. I chose this one because I wanted something with medium coverage, something that would keep me from gettig oily without drying out, and something that would last a long time. After some research this seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. I got Sand which is a nearly perfect color for me. I find this foundation very comparable to Clinique superfit makeup, but without the oiliness I always get when I from it. Clear Complexion looks pretty natural. As for the actual clearing of the complexion it claims, I cant comment on that yet. But I will after I have worn it a couple weeks. I can cautiously recommend it for now though. My skin feels very comfortable and in 3 hours so far No Oil! Yay! Sort of pricey for a drugstore foundation at 11 dollars and some change but I did get a free concealer with it. So if you wear Superfit or have tried to i the past, this provides the good effects without the bad. Also, The color selection, although not great, is a lot more natural looking than Cliniques.
*EDIT* I definately have notived some skin clearing effects as I havent had ANY new pimples since I started using this and my old scars are fading. I was a bit worried about the Salacylic Acid being too harsh as I already use a topical retinoid but so far it is fine. The only problem I was having was that it was looking a teeny bit cakey/chalky on my dry cheeks and great in my oily T-zone So I tried what an MUA-er listed below-applying with a wet makeup sponge-and that has made all the difference in the world. It really looks like my skin-but much better. Yay! I found a pretty cheap foundation that i actually like!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2004 12:35:00 AM More reviews by jitterbug

I really didn't give this product much of a chance because the color was COMPLETELY WRONG for me. The coverage wasn't good at all either. I agree with the rest of you about the terrible packaging, and the color selection sucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lizzrd02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this make up! I tried it because a girlfriend of mine has used it forever and has the most beautiful even looking skin. We have similar skin types, so I was wondering what was up with mine! Well, I see the difference now! This is a great makeup because its not too thick or cakey, but it has excellent coverage. It hasn't broken me out so far, and it provides a really natural finnish. Best of all, I am not at all greasy...and with the super high midwest humidity, thats not easy for me to say! I would definitely buy again...give this one a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2004 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Jake

I too have tried soo many high end foundations and was so happy to spend less than $12 on this one that's so much better! I took a chance on neutral (that's one thing I don't like about drugstore foundations, you can't try em' out) and it seems to be pretty darn close. The consistency is not thick but not too runny, blended great and held up all day on my oily face beautifully, plus I am pms'n so I tend to be oilier at this wonderful time of the month. Only have used a few days so will update later but so far I love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 8:42:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I can say is that I love this foundation. Nice finish, no breakouts, no dry spots.