October 25, 2014 | 1723 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2004 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Monikah

I love love love this foundation! I bought it just on a limb because it was on sale and it came with a free conceler stick. I have it in 04 Sand and its a little bit darker than my natural skin tone but it looks better on me that way. I've almost gone through the whole bottle and the only real cons I've noticed is the packaging and sometimes it doesnt hold up until the end of the day as well as I'd like it too. The glass bottle is such a hassle, the stuff gets all around the cap and its hard to pour the right amount out. Other than that this is a fine foundation choice, I didn't notice any 'blemish healing' miricles', it's nice that it doesnt over-dry though. I'd repurchase for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2004 8:32:00 AM More reviews by candy15151

Great oil absorption, blemish coverage, and color choice. This foundation stayed on all day to absorb oil and shine while at a barbeque in 90 degree weather!! This product also did not dry out my face (even though I'm on Retin-A) Loved this product, but pretty sure it gave me small weird bumps on my forehead, so I will not wear this too often.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by LedZep35

So far so good.I have only worn it about 3 times but I like the color i picked.Golden and the coverage is good and so is the texture.I will stick w/it for awhile and see how it goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2004 8:41:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I just bought this yesterday after reading the good reviews. The colors are yellowish (which is good for me) but the selection seems to run light. I have been test driving it today and my first impressions are pretty good. I have sensitive combo skin. It did tingle the tiniest bit at first, but it wore off after a few minutes and was far from unbearable. I chose this one because I wanted something with medium coverage, something that would keep me from gettig oily without drying out, and something that would last a long time. After some research this seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. I got Sand which is a nearly perfect color for me. I find this foundation very comparable to Clinique superfit makeup, but without the oiliness I always get when I from it. Clear Complexion looks pretty natural. As for the actual clearing of the complexion it claims, I cant comment on that yet. But I will after I have worn it a couple weeks. I can cautiously recommend it for now though. My skin feels very comfortable and in 3 hours so far No Oil! Yay! Sort of pricey for a drugstore foundation at 11 dollars and some change but I did get a free concealer with it. So if you wear Superfit or have tried to i the past, this provides the good effects without the bad. Also, The color selection, although not great, is a lot more natural looking than Cliniques.
*EDIT* I definately have notived some skin clearing effects as I havent had ANY new pimples since I started using this and my old scars are fading. I was a bit worried about the Salacylic Acid being too harsh as I already use a topical retinoid but so far it is fine. The only problem I was having was that it was looking a teeny bit cakey/chalky on my dry cheeks and great in my oily T-zone So I tried what an MUA-er listed below-applying with a wet makeup sponge-and that has made all the difference in the world. It really looks like my skin-but much better. Yay! I found a pretty cheap foundation that i actually like!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2004 12:35:00 AM More reviews by jitterbug

I really didn't give this product much of a chance because the color was COMPLETELY WRONG for me. The coverage wasn't good at all either. I agree with the rest of you about the terrible packaging, and the color selection sucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lizzrd02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this make up! I tried it because a girlfriend of mine has used it forever and has the most beautiful even looking skin. We have similar skin types, so I was wondering what was up with mine! Well, I see the difference now! This is a great makeup because its not too thick or cakey, but it has excellent coverage. It hasn't broken me out so far, and it provides a really natural finnish. Best of all, I am not at all greasy...and with the super high midwest humidity, thats not easy for me to say! I would definitely buy again...give this one a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2004 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Jake

I too have tried soo many high end foundations and was so happy to spend less than $12 on this one that's so much better! I took a chance on neutral (that's one thing I don't like about drugstore foundations, you can't try em' out) and it seems to be pretty darn close. The consistency is not thick but not too runny, blended great and held up all day on my oily face beautifully, plus I am pms'n so I tend to be oilier at this wonderful time of the month. Only have used a few days so will update later but so far I love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 8:42:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I can say is that I love this foundation. Nice finish, no breakouts, no dry spots.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2004 7:06:00 PM More reviews by shejustlaughs

I've only been using this for two days, but like it so far. It provides medium coverage and still gives a natural finish. I used it over MAC's pot concealer on a few blemishes and it looked as though I didn't have any make-up on at all. Naked 02 blends perfectly into my NW20 skin. I've yet to see this "heal" anything, but as long as it doesn't clog my pores or break me out I'll be happy. 1 lippie off because the bottle makes a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2004 8:52:00 AM More reviews by angelstar0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation!!! I have pale, sensitive skin that breaks out easily, and after numerous trips to the department stores and Sephora and trying foundation after foundation, I found the perfect one at the drugstore!! All the "high end" foundations just clogged my pores and made me break out, after tossing them and using this product for a week my skin is clearer than it has been in months and I couldn't be happier!! Covers great, shade 01 matches me well. The only thing is the bottle sucks!!! Put it in a pump and I'm in love - you have to try this is you have sensitive skin that breaks out!!