July 28, 2014 | 1962 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2004 8:41:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I just bought this yesterday after reading the good reviews. The colors are yellowish (which is good for me) but the selection seems to run light. I have been test driving it today and my first impressions are pretty good. I have sensitive combo skin. It did tingle the tiniest bit at first, but it wore off after a few minutes and was far from unbearable. I chose this one because I wanted something with medium coverage, something that would keep me from gettig oily without drying out, and something that would last a long time. After some research this seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. I got Sand which is a nearly perfect color for me. I find this foundation very comparable to Clinique superfit makeup, but without the oiliness I always get when I from it. Clear Complexion looks pretty natural. As for the actual clearing of the complexion it claims, I cant comment on that yet. But I will after I have worn it a couple weeks. I can cautiously recommend it for now though. My skin feels very comfortable and in 3 hours so far No Oil! Yay! Sort of pricey for a drugstore foundation at 11 dollars and some change but I did get a free concealer with it. So if you wear Superfit or have tried to i the past, this provides the good effects without the bad. Also, The color selection, although not great, is a lot more natural looking than Cliniques.
*EDIT* I definately have notived some skin clearing effects as I havent had ANY new pimples since I started using this and my old scars are fading. I was a bit worried about the Salacylic Acid being too harsh as I already use a topical retinoid but so far it is fine. The only problem I was having was that it was looking a teeny bit cakey/chalky on my dry cheeks and great in my oily T-zone So I tried what an MUA-er listed below-applying with a wet makeup sponge-and that has made all the difference in the world. It really looks like my skin-but much better. Yay! I found a pretty cheap foundation that i actually like!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2004 12:35:00 AM More reviews by jitterbug

I really didn't give this product much of a chance because the color was COMPLETELY WRONG for me. The coverage wasn't good at all either. I agree with the rest of you about the terrible packaging, and the color selection sucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lizzrd02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this make up! I tried it because a girlfriend of mine has used it forever and has the most beautiful even looking skin. We have similar skin types, so I was wondering what was up with mine! Well, I see the difference now! This is a great makeup because its not too thick or cakey, but it has excellent coverage. It hasn't broken me out so far, and it provides a really natural finnish. Best of all, I am not at all greasy...and with the super high midwest humidity, thats not easy for me to say! I would definitely buy again...give this one a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2004 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Jake

I too have tried soo many high end foundations and was so happy to spend less than $12 on this one that's so much better! I took a chance on neutral (that's one thing I don't like about drugstore foundations, you can't try em' out) and it seems to be pretty darn close. The consistency is not thick but not too runny, blended great and held up all day on my oily face beautifully, plus I am pms'n so I tend to be oilier at this wonderful time of the month. Only have used a few days so will update later but so far I love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 8:42:00 PM More reviews by imkt

All I can say is that I love this foundation. Nice finish, no breakouts, no dry spots.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2004 7:06:00 PM More reviews by shejustlaughs

I've only been using this for two days, but like it so far. It provides medium coverage and still gives a natural finish. I used it over MAC's pot concealer on a few blemishes and it looked as though I didn't have any make-up on at all. Naked 02 blends perfectly into my NW20 skin. I've yet to see this "heal" anything, but as long as it doesn't clog my pores or break me out I'll be happy. 1 lippie off because the bottle makes a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2004 8:52:00 AM More reviews by angelstar0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation!!! I have pale, sensitive skin that breaks out easily, and after numerous trips to the department stores and Sephora and trying foundation after foundation, I found the perfect one at the drugstore!! All the "high end" foundations just clogged my pores and made me break out, after tossing them and using this product for a week my skin is clearer than it has been in months and I couldn't be happier!! Covers great, shade 01 matches me well. The only thing is the bottle sucks!!! Put it in a pump and I'm in love - you have to try this is you have sensitive skin that breaks out!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kariwilson86

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: Sets on the skin fast (I wouldn't call it a powder finish though), price was great (under $15 CAN), doesn't seem to dry-out skin, glides on smoothly, has salicylic acid, covers generally okay, and is buildable, but I would not consider this a full-coverage make-up, colour selection seems to be good.

Cons: No SPF, packaging is incredibly awful, colour is not that great (has that CG orangish tint to it), gross smell but you get used to it, the blendability isn't exactly seamless.

Conclusion: I will probably repurchase this because of the awesome price for the decent product it is, and it will be in the winter when SPF isn't neccessary where I live. Still, I don't believe this beats my Revlon Colourstay Natural in Buff. I used 03 Neutral (Almay), which was the best suited colour for me out of the selection, but still does not compare to Buff (Revlon) which is a lot more natural looking on my skin. I am extremely disapointed in the bottle. I have to keep this out of my make-up bag and make sure its always in an upright position....very annoying! I also think it makes more sense to have an SPF in it if the product is going to contain acne healing ingredients. I have not noticed a difference in the appearance of my skin, but I'm still a new user, and I will update in the next week or so. *Update* this stuff is definitely not improving my skin, nor is it helping to prevent breakouts.....actually I think this stuff has been the cause for my recent, and continuous berakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2004 5:30:00 PM More reviews by PrincessSyndrome

Love this (and the bonus concealor)! I got this in 01 and 02 to blend because I'm in between shades. It dries matte, and doesn't settle into fine lines. Decent, very natural-looking coverage and I don't really need a powder to set it either. Since I started using this, my skin has been looking better each day with no breakouts, and my existing acne has almost completely healed. I'm so happy I found this!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Dani

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in 04 Sand, which is a good match for my skin (C35). In fact, it is the most yellow-toned foundation I have used.

The coverage is medium, a little more than what I'm used to. So I use a damp sponge to put it on to give it a very light & natural finish. My skin is a little on the dry side, but I can wear this foundation as long as I wear a good moistuzing sunscreen underneath.

My only complaint is the bottle. The opening is too big, and things can get messy. So I poured it into a smaller pump bottle, problem solved.

Update: I have noticed it turns darker as it wears on. Will try this in Neutral next time.