April 23, 2014 | 1945 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2004 7:06:00 PM More reviews by shejustlaughs

I've only been using this for two days, but like it so far. It provides medium coverage and still gives a natural finish. I used it over MAC's pot concealer on a few blemishes and it looked as though I didn't have any make-up on at all. Naked 02 blends perfectly into my NW20 skin. I've yet to see this "heal" anything, but as long as it doesn't clog my pores or break me out I'll be happy. 1 lippie off because the bottle makes a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2004 8:52:00 AM More reviews by angelstar0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation!!! I have pale, sensitive skin that breaks out easily, and after numerous trips to the department stores and Sephora and trying foundation after foundation, I found the perfect one at the drugstore!! All the "high end" foundations just clogged my pores and made me break out, after tossing them and using this product for a week my skin is clearer than it has been in months and I couldn't be happier!! Covers great, shade 01 matches me well. The only thing is the bottle sucks!!! Put it in a pump and I'm in love - you have to try this is you have sensitive skin that breaks out!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kariwilson86

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: Sets on the skin fast (I wouldn't call it a powder finish though), price was great (under $15 CAN), doesn't seem to dry-out skin, glides on smoothly, has salicylic acid, covers generally okay, and is buildable, but I would not consider this a full-coverage make-up, colour selection seems to be good.

Cons: No SPF, packaging is incredibly awful, colour is not that great (has that CG orangish tint to it), gross smell but you get used to it, the blendability isn't exactly seamless.

Conclusion: I will probably repurchase this because of the awesome price for the decent product it is, and it will be in the winter when SPF isn't neccessary where I live. Still, I don't believe this beats my Revlon Colourstay Natural in Buff. I used 03 Neutral (Almay), which was the best suited colour for me out of the selection, but still does not compare to Buff (Revlon) which is a lot more natural looking on my skin. I am extremely disapointed in the bottle. I have to keep this out of my make-up bag and make sure its always in an upright position....very annoying! I also think it makes more sense to have an SPF in it if the product is going to contain acne healing ingredients. I have not noticed a difference in the appearance of my skin, but I'm still a new user, and I will update in the next week or so. *Update* this stuff is definitely not improving my skin, nor is it helping to prevent breakouts.....actually I think this stuff has been the cause for my recent, and continuous berakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2004 5:30:00 PM More reviews by PrincessSyndrome

Love this (and the bonus concealor)! I got this in 01 and 02 to blend because I'm in between shades. It dries matte, and doesn't settle into fine lines. Decent, very natural-looking coverage and I don't really need a powder to set it either. Since I started using this, my skin has been looking better each day with no breakouts, and my existing acne has almost completely healed. I'm so happy I found this!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Dani

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in 04 Sand, which is a good match for my skin (C35). In fact, it is the most yellow-toned foundation I have used.

The coverage is medium, a little more than what I'm used to. So I use a damp sponge to put it on to give it a very light & natural finish. My skin is a little on the dry side, but I can wear this foundation as long as I wear a good moistuzing sunscreen underneath.

My only complaint is the bottle. The opening is too big, and things can get messy. So I poured it into a smaller pump bottle, problem solved.

Update: I have noticed it turns darker as it wears on. Will try this in Neutral next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2004 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sweetcuppincakes

This is the best foundation I have ever found. I have combination skin and a very oily t-zone and I tend to break out often but this was non-greasy, blended well, matched my eur-asian skin-tone (Which is pretty hard), and wasn't streaky or runny even after a workout outside in the california heat. it doesn't seem to clog my pores either. i wish it had better coverage but i'll just have to try the concealer that comes with it. overall i am very happy with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2004 3:55:00 PM More reviews by ambient28

Wonderful foundation! I bought this product on a whim, and now have repurchased several times. Very natural finish, buildable coverage, blends well, and the best thing is that it actually has cut back on the amount of blemishes I have.
I am a high-end makeup junkie, but this product has converted me. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2004 7:17:00 PM More reviews by PartTimeAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I took this out of my moms makeup pile that she was going to throw out, and i couldnt believe that she was gonna throw it out! it was still full and worked like wonder on my skin. It seems to melt into my skin but does not set into pores or lines around my mouth. it goes on like velvet and looks more flawless if you apply it with a sponge. Great staying poower!!! usually when i blow my nose some foundation rubs off, and this doesnt! i set this with some powder and im good to go. the shade that my mom had was "naked" which was a little darker than my skin tone BUT i like it! it made my skin tanner looking, but totally natural looking. this foundation never gets blotchy on me. it also blends really well. i have oily and flacky skin and this stuff doesnt make anything worse and actually seemed to make my skin some what clearer. the packaging isnt the best...but the foundation quality is outstanding

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2004 4:08:00 PM More reviews by swt_mimi

I am very glad that I purchased this foundation. It contains 0.6% salicylic acid. The texture is between runny and thick and the coverage is ligh-medium. I have the colour in "neutreal" for my NC30 skin and it matched perfectly. The blendibility was okay, it dried to a semi-matte finish and it covered my smaller blemishes but most importantly, it HAS made my skin clearer! Its not a major difference but its enough for me to repurchase again and its also very comparible to my higher end foundations. Yes, the packaging is terrible and the product gets all over the cap and the bottle. I used it for over a week and no breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2004 1:51:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this foundation was a little on the thick side, but it covers well, and it held up throughout the day. Color stayed true. I'd buy this again.
Yes, the cap is very messy.Wish it came in a pump.
EDITED TO ADD.. I've used this several more times, and when I put it on I had little white spots on my nose, it was like the makeup was stuck in my pores. The bottle has now become a big goopey mess after using several times. I won't be repurchasing this.