MAC Frost - Naked Lunch

4.4

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neontanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, [ /- silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride

I love this eyeshadow! such a gorgeous, beigy pink kind of colour, with a nice frost, not too over the top. perfect for every day, but can also be glammed up for evenings out. Use it as a base for almost every eye look. love it!

on 2/28/2004 2:06:00 AM

I swear someone from MAC is reading MUA, because I've been posting for months about my desire for a slightly warm champagne eyeshadow tinged with pink--like my lids, only a bit more interesting. And that is exactly what Naked Lunch is! *cue Twilight Zone theme*. It shows up on my pale, warm-toned skin as a peachy-pink-champagne with golden frost. It's not over-the-top whitish, ashy frost, as was the case with me and Stila Kitten, Starlight, MAC Phloof, Shroom, and countless other supposedly neutral champagne shadows, but rather more of a "wet" golden sheen. Oh, and it shows up a lot better than my previous nude-pink-shimmer standby, NARS All About Eve.

I'd actually given up on MAC eyeshadows since I didn't like the chalky, hard-to-blend texture (I prefer Stila), but this actually melds with my skin quite nicely. Of course, it has that classic MAC problem of creasing and fading within a few hours, so I need to use a base, but for a colour this perfect, that is a-okay. I'm so glad this isn't LE, because I really do envision myself finishing at least one pot. Really. No, really.

Now, MAC, do you have anything in a seamless, natural, lightweight-yet-full-coverage, perfectly matching foundation? I know you're reading this!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Okay, I haven't bought this yet, but I'm going to. This is a gorgeous colour. I like to wear neutral lid colours as colours that are too yellow look weird on my eyelids even though I'm quite pale. Anyhow, I love this colour. It is frosty, but somehow still subtle. I think this would look great with most shades.

Like everybody else has described, this is a beige color with shimmers. The reason why it doesn't get 5 lippies is because it doesn't really show up on me (NC30/35), but it looks beautiful when paired with a darker shadow.

on 2/23/2004 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Naked Lunch is a sheer peach champagne shade with sparkles. I really like this as a wash or used as a lid colour with other contrasts. I'm an NW15, so it's a little dark for a highlight colour for me. But it's really lovely on... looks soft and pretty.

on 2/23/2004 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very pretty shade, a pinky-peach champagne with tons of frost and shimmer. Did I just describe MAC Naked Lunch, or Stila Kitten? Unfortunately for me, these 2 shadows look exactly the same on my lids (MAC N3). NL might be half a shade peacher/deeper, but very close in any event (why did I not notice this before I bought it?) This is something that should be considered, since so many of us already have Kitten. Still, NL is a great versatile shade that is a definite keeper (if you don't already have something similar).

on 2/23/2004 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's funny how shades can vary so much from person to person. I am an NW20, and this shade shows up so pretty on me. It's a fleshy-peach, with a frosty sheen (like that in Pink Freeze and Nylon), which gives a glowy, ethereal look.

I've used as just a wash all over (with very black mascara) for a polished neutral look, and as an inner lid color (with Hypnotique in the crease, Deep Truth to line and swept up into corners) for more of a "pop". Truly fairy-like!

This color is totally unique, in my opinion, and seems like one I will use alot.
continued >>

on 2/22/2004 5:59:00 PM

Although this is a beautiful flesh, champagne almost peach e/s, it just does not show up on me since I have to wear an eyepaint to prevent my e/s from creasing. I think this colour would look good on really fair skin or darker skin, but this one is too close to my NC20 skin!

on 2/22/2004 4:03:00 PM

A beautiful peach tinged champagne color. As mentioned in the other reviews a great wash to open you eye. Product is smooth, applies and lasts well. I like as a wash with nocternelle in the crease and contrast as a liner. The SA recommended trying it as a blush...have not done that yet but will give it a shot soon.

on 2/22/2004 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

a shimmery champagne/beige/slight pink. very pretty. great for highlighting and brightens the eye area. the mac artist put it on me and i loved it. i kept on staring at the mirror all night to look at it. i didn't get it though. =( i ended up buying all the LE edition items and figured this can wait since this isn't a LE. so i can get this anytime when i have money. didn't want to pass my limit...but can't wait till next payday! yay!!