MAC Frost - Naked Lunch

4.4

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neontanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, [ /- silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've held off with this product because I sway back and forth with it. I can't decide if I love it or hate it. I wish it was more of a brown undertone than a pink, but I guess this is okay. What it does for me is make a pale frosty swipe under my brow line that looks nice one day, then fake and cheezy another. Ho-hum, too bad because I LOVE the Hepcat. This is okay, but I may swap.

After reading mixed reviews on this shadow I decided to take a look for myself when I was oot and was close to a Mac counter. This color is the gorgeous pink-peach-nude that I have been searching for for my PPP skin and green eyes. It makes me look wide awake! I cna see where it wouldn't show up on some skin tones but for extremely light or dark skin this shadow is perfect!

This is another MAC shadow that looks so pretty-and one way-in the pot, but then I put it on and it looks completely different on! It looks more mellow in the pot, but is a bit stark against my medium tone AfroAm skin. A little definitely goes a long way, Don't get me wrong, it's attractive, I think that the Frost shadows tend to be, but it tricky to use as a wash. I will probably end up highlighting with it more than anything else. But, pair this with Prunella for a great smokey eye!

A sexy nude light taupe super frosty color the Mac site describes it as a minimal pink with shimmer it's super gorgeous and was really the only shadow that caught my eye with the Hypnotique collection.

UPDATE: If you already own Jest then IMO you really don't need this e/s too they are much to similar, and jest tends to show up better.

I really do like this color, but it is not quite to a 5 status. It is a very neutral pink/skin toned color with very little shimmer. I have been wearing it over still life paint and it looks beautiful (and lasts forever). I have worn it with a plummy/burgundy shade in the crease, as well and more brown toned colors in the crease. I have even used it on my cheeks and this looks great also! (I am NC20) I would buy this again, because I have found myself reaching for it nearly every day since I have purchased it. It's a great everyday color.

I love this eyeshadow! such a gorgeous, beigy pink kind of colour, with a nice frost, not too over the top. perfect for every day, but can also be glammed up for evenings out. Use it as a base for almost every eye look. love it!

I swear someone from MAC is reading MUA, because I've been posting for months about my desire for a slightly warm champagne eyeshadow tinged with pink--like my lids, only a bit more interesting. And that is exactly what Naked Lunch is! *cue Twilight Zone theme*. It shows up on my pale, warm-toned skin as a peachy-pink-champagne with golden frost. It's not over-the-top whitish, ashy frost, as was the case with me and Stila Kitten, Starlight, MAC Phloof, Shroom, and countless other supposedly neutral champagne shadows, but rather more of a "wet" golden sheen. Oh, and it shows up a lot better than my previous nude-pink-shimmer standby, NARS All About Eve.

I'd actually given up on MAC eyeshadows since I didn't like the chalky, hard-to-blend texture (I prefer Stila), but this actually melds with my skin quite nicely. Of course, it has that classic MAC problem of creasing and fading within a few hours, so I need to use a base, but for a colour this perfect, that is a-okay. I'm so glad this isn't LE, because I really do envision myself finishing at least one pot. Really. No, really.

Now, MAC, do you have anything in a seamless, natural, lightweight-yet-full-coverage, perfectly matching foundation? I know you're reading this!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Okay, I haven't bought this yet, but I'm going to. This is a gorgeous colour. I like to wear neutral lid colours as colours that are too yellow look weird on my eyelids even though I'm quite pale. Anyhow, I love this colour. It is frosty, but somehow still subtle. I think this would look great with most shades.

Like everybody else has described, this is a beige color with shimmers. The reason why it doesn't get 5 lippies is because it doesn't really show up on me (NC30/35), but it looks beautiful when paired with a darker shadow.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Naked Lunch is a sheer peach champagne shade with sparkles. I really like this as a wash or used as a lid colour with other contrasts. I'm an NW15, so it's a little dark for a highlight colour for me. But it's really lovely on... looks soft and pretty.

Top Rated MAC Products