Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide

on 8/5/2003 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I like this stuff. It's very therapeutic. When my skin is just irritated from harsh acne product I slather a generous amount on my face and let it sit like a mask. It's my morning ritual. At night though, after a day full of make-up, sweat, grime, dirt, etc I recommend a deeper cleanser. This will not leave your face residue free. You can always feel a layer of something still there, but it doesn't really bother me.
UPDATE: Haven't used this much lately, I think this is what is contributing to the cysts I've been getting.

on 7/24/2003 1:22:00 PM

I would not use this classic on my face again - but like many others including myself has said, its a classic. I used it in my early teens as a cleanser. I loved the eucalyptus fragrance and the little pot. Its refershing and nostalgic. But it really clogs pores and can irritate oil production. Its wonderful on sunburns and you can even use it as a hand creme, but while I think its a good product for some things, I don't think its appropriate for use as a skin cleanser. The strong eucalyptus content will likely irritate sensitive skins, and the oil content (eucalyptus oil) will probably aggravate oily skin (although its ironic - the advertising tagets teenagers, yet teenagers typically have the oiliest skin!)

on 7/12/2003 6:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

oh my goodness..i can't believe i purchased this cleanser 4 times! u'd think after once it'd be bad enough, neways...it burns my face off, i used to think the burning feeling was a soothing "cleaning" process...ugh wth was i thinking, it is by far one of the worst cleansers that i've tried, it was also my first cleanser started using it in gr.6

on 7/4/2003 11:54:00 PM

My skin didn't react well to this at all...it broke me out, but my grandmother used it daily as a teen and looks eons younger than her actual age, so maybe it was just me!

on 6/22/2003 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product is uniquely appealing in many ways. My grandmother used this all her life, and I've always wanted to stick with it, because I love using it and because my grandmother used this her whole life and had great skin. I use this to sooth irritation or when my skin feels "overheated" and red. It cools it right down and gets rid of the flushed look. It has sometimes caused my oily skin to act up. Since I have oily skin, I generally follow it with an astringent like witch hazel to get the film off, so it won't clog my pores. I still use another cleanser to get rid of makeup and oil, but this is fine to use in addition or from time to time on its own. I also use it to shave my legs.

on 6/12/2003 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Out of the zillions of facial cleansers, gels, creams, soaps, whatevers I own, I think I use Noxzema most often. I've been using it for a very long time...probably at lest 12 years. It's a good de-greaser for my oily skin, and there's nothing better for removing makeup.

I prefer the jar to the pump...the stuff in the pump has a more liquid texture, and doesn't seem to work as well. continued >>

on 6/8/2003 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the way this makes my skin tingle after using. However, it doesn't get all the makeup off of my skin. So I guess the only time I'll really use the rest of the tub, I have is when my skin is already fairly clean; and I want to feel that tingle. I'd much rather use a cleanser that is more gentle and gets my skin super clean. I'll use it up; but I don't think I'll buy it again.

on 6/6/2003 12:47:00 AM

I've gone through the full spectrum of products, but Noxzema plus moisturizers is the best for my skin. It cleans comfortably and seems to tighten and firm up my skin tone. It seems to work best when I massage onto skin extremely gently as opposed to more harshly rubbing.

on 5/28/2003 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I started using Noxema when I was 12, and used it for several years with great results. After awhile, I got bored and started using other face cleansers in my attempt to be a "grown-up" girl. Well, I'm 19 now and just got back from college. The day after I got back home, I had this urge to go out and buy some more of my own standby, and I was thrilled that I did. A lot of people hate the smell, but I love it; it's very fresh and earthy. But the thing I love the most about it, aside from the way it makes my skin look, is digging out the cream from the pot and putting it on my face. It feels like fingerpainting! I know that for a lot of people, myself included, Noxema was their first real cleanser, and it might not be a bad idea to go back to it and give it a try, especially in the summer. It's nice and cooling, and helps on sunburn, as my grandmother has always told me and I can personally attest to. ;)

on 5/23/2003 9:33:00 AM

Still after all this time I still love Noxema the best. Great as a facial mask too - dissolves into my skin in a matter of 10 minutes and makes my skin so soft. And this does not clog my pores. I have a least 2 jars on hand at all times!