Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide (end)///// (ORIGINAL DEEP CLEANSING CREAM INGREDIENTS: 4/9/15): Water, Stearic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Linseed), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Camphor, Phenol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Calcium Hydroxide, Menthol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance.

on 8/28/2003 3:58:00 AM

I've been using this stuff since I was in high school. Love it! =) But I don't use it everyday. This really wakes me up in the morning on those really bad days. lol Makes my face feel really clean too. I use the pump version. I hate the jar. It's too hard to get into.

on 8/21/2003 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this every day; I keep a small jar in my desk at work and use it when I need a refreshing non-caffeinated pick-me-up. Now that I'm in my 20's my skin takes to this better. When I went to have a facial last month, the woman explained that eucalyptus oil purifys and detoxifies the pores. This might explain that deep-down cleansed feeling. I use a witch hazel toner afterwards, and so far no breakouts or irritation. I will admit that this isn't the best for very oily acne-prone skin, and why it's marketed for teens is beyond me. But for normal, 20-something skin, it's great, especially in hot weather and as a traveling body cleanser.

on 8/11/2003 11:34:00 AM

This is a great product for my skin. If you don't like jarred stuff, you can also buy it with a pump. It smells minty and provides a feel-good tingle. It removes makeup well and rinses straight away. I highly recommend it.

on 8/9/2003 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ack, this stuff makes my eyes burn, and it wreaks havoc on my skin...Inflamed and blotchy...Wont repurchase again

on 8/5/2003 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I like this stuff. It's very therapeutic. When my skin is just irritated from harsh acne product I slather a generous amount on my face and let it sit like a mask. It's my morning ritual. At night though, after a day full of make-up, sweat, grime, dirt, etc I recommend a deeper cleanser. This will not leave your face residue free. You can always feel a layer of something still there, but it doesn't really bother me.
UPDATE: Haven't used this much lately, I think this is what is contributing to the cysts I've been getting.

on 7/24/2003 1:22:00 PM

I would not use this classic on my face again - but like many others including myself has said, its a classic. I used it in my early teens as a cleanser. I loved the eucalyptus fragrance and the little pot. Its refershing and nostalgic. But it really clogs pores and can irritate oil production. Its wonderful on sunburns and you can even use it as a hand creme, but while I think its a good product for some things, I don't think its appropriate for use as a skin cleanser. The strong eucalyptus content will likely irritate sensitive skins, and the oil content (eucalyptus oil) will probably aggravate oily skin (although its ironic - the advertising tagets teenagers, yet teenagers typically have the oiliest skin!)

on 7/12/2003 6:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

oh my goodness..i can't believe i purchased this cleanser 4 times! u'd think after once it'd be bad enough, neways...it burns my face off, i used to think the burning feeling was a soothing "cleaning" process...ugh wth was i thinking, it is by far one of the worst cleansers that i've tried, it was also my first cleanser started using it in gr.6

on 7/4/2003 11:54:00 PM

My skin didn't react well to this at all...it broke me out, but my grandmother used it daily as a teen and looks eons younger than her actual age, so maybe it was just me!

on 6/22/2003 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product is uniquely appealing in many ways. My grandmother used this all her life, and I've always wanted to stick with it, because I love using it and because my grandmother used this her whole life and had great skin. I use this to sooth irritation or when my skin feels "overheated" and red. It cools it right down and gets rid of the flushed look. It has sometimes caused my oily skin to act up. Since I have oily skin, I generally follow it with an astringent like witch hazel to get the film off, so it won't clog my pores. I still use another cleanser to get rid of makeup and oil, but this is fine to use in addition or from time to time on its own. I also use it to shave my legs.

on 6/12/2003 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Out of the zillions of facial cleansers, gels, creams, soaps, whatevers I own, I think I use Noxzema most often. I've been using it for a very long time...probably at lest 12 years. It's a good de-greaser for my oily skin, and there's nothing better for removing makeup.

I prefer the jar to the pump...the stuff in the pump has a more liquid texture, and doesn't seem to work as well. continued >>