Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide (end)///// (ORIGINAL DEEP CLEANSING CREAM INGREDIENTS: 4/9/15): Water, Stearic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Linseed), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Camphor, Phenol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Calcium Hydroxide, Menthol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance.

on 9/16/2003 10:59:00 PM

OH I cannot believe I didn't try this earlier! I love it!! Love it! It does not irritate my skin though I don't think I have the toughest skin in the world. It cleans well, takes off light makeups, even most of the eye makeups as long as I don't wear mascara.. It does hurt a bit if you get it too close to the eyes, so a separate eye makeup remover is probably necessary. But overall it really cleans my pores and leaves my combo/dry skin very comfortable and not stripped at all. A lot of people comment on it does not rinse clean. I guess whether something rinses clean is really a comparsion to other products. I personally think it rinses very clean compare to other cream/lotion type of cleansers. I've used lotion type of cleansers from Decleor, Cellex-C, Oil of Olay, and I have to say Noxzema rinses clean and does NOT leave a film compare to all those above.
I've been using the product for 2 weeks and my pores have been clean and tight looking without a sign of being clogged (my pores do clug easily). It's only about $4, give it a try ^_^

on 9/12/2003 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I hate the smell most of all. The harsh scent alone is enough not to make me bbuy it again. My face felt extremely greasy and unwashed using it.

on 9/6/2003 12:28:00 AM

I bought this product because my boyfriend wanted to use it. I don't know what I was thinking when I slathered this gunk on my face. I have combination skin and this stuff seemed to dry it out a bit. Also, after I washed my face I wiped with a towel and the towel was filled with makeup! I don't wear foundation only powder. Oil Of Olay is much gentler, the same price and it completely cleanses my skin. I will go back to that.

on 8/28/2003 3:58:00 AM

I've been using this stuff since I was in high school. Love it! =) But I don't use it everyday. This really wakes me up in the morning on those really bad days. lol Makes my face feel really clean too. I use the pump version. I hate the jar. It's too hard to get into.

on 8/21/2003 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this every day; I keep a small jar in my desk at work and use it when I need a refreshing non-caffeinated pick-me-up. Now that I'm in my 20's my skin takes to this better. When I went to have a facial last month, the woman explained that eucalyptus oil purifys and detoxifies the pores. This might explain that deep-down cleansed feeling. I use a witch hazel toner afterwards, and so far no breakouts or irritation. I will admit that this isn't the best for very oily acne-prone skin, and why it's marketed for teens is beyond me. But for normal, 20-something skin, it's great, especially in hot weather and as a traveling body cleanser.

on 8/11/2003 11:34:00 AM

This is a great product for my skin. If you don't like jarred stuff, you can also buy it with a pump. It smells minty and provides a feel-good tingle. It removes makeup well and rinses straight away. I highly recommend it.

on 8/9/2003 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ack, this stuff makes my eyes burn, and it wreaks havoc on my skin...Inflamed and blotchy...Wont repurchase again

on 8/5/2003 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I like this stuff. It's very therapeutic. When my skin is just irritated from harsh acne product I slather a generous amount on my face and let it sit like a mask. It's my morning ritual. At night though, after a day full of make-up, sweat, grime, dirt, etc I recommend a deeper cleanser. This will not leave your face residue free. You can always feel a layer of something still there, but it doesn't really bother me.
UPDATE: Haven't used this much lately, I think this is what is contributing to the cysts I've been getting.

on 7/24/2003 1:22:00 PM

I would not use this classic on my face again - but like many others including myself has said, its a classic. I used it in my early teens as a cleanser. I loved the eucalyptus fragrance and the little pot. Its refershing and nostalgic. But it really clogs pores and can irritate oil production. Its wonderful on sunburns and you can even use it as a hand creme, but while I think its a good product for some things, I don't think its appropriate for use as a skin cleanser. The strong eucalyptus content will likely irritate sensitive skins, and the oil content (eucalyptus oil) will probably aggravate oily skin (although its ironic - the advertising tagets teenagers, yet teenagers typically have the oiliest skin!)

on 7/12/2003 6:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

oh my goodness..i can't believe i purchased this cleanser 4 times! u'd think after once it'd be bad enough, neways...it burns my face off, i used to think the burning feeling was a soothing "cleaning" process...ugh wth was i thinking, it is by far one of the worst cleansers that i've tried, it was also my first cleanser started using it in gr.6