December 21, 2014 | 1461 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2003 11:49:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Out of the zillions of facial cleansers, gels, creams, soaps, whatevers I own, I think I use Noxzema most often. I've been using it for a very long time...probably at lest 12 years. It's a good de-greaser for my oily skin, and there's nothing better for removing makeup.

I prefer the jar to the pump...the stuff in the pump has a more liquid texture, and doesn't seem to work as well. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2003 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Angeline1983

I love the way this makes my skin tingle after using. However, it doesn't get all the makeup off of my skin. So I guess the only time I'll really use the rest of the tub, I have is when my skin is already fairly clean; and I want to feel that tingle. I'd much rather use a cleanser that is more gentle and gets my skin super clean. I'll use it up; but I don't think I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2003 12:47:00 AM More reviews by billsfan11

I've gone through the full spectrum of products, but Noxzema plus moisturizers is the best for my skin. It cleans comfortably and seems to tighten and firm up my skin tone. It seems to work best when I massage onto skin extremely gently as opposed to more harshly rubbing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2003 11:54:00 PM More reviews by binker123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started using Noxema when I was 12, and used it for several years with great results. After awhile, I got bored and started using other face cleansers in my attempt to be a "grown-up" girl. Well, I'm 19 now and just got back from college. The day after I got back home, I had this urge to go out and buy some more of my own standby, and I was thrilled that I did. A lot of people hate the smell, but I love it; it's very fresh and earthy. But the thing I love the most about it, aside from the way it makes my skin look, is digging out the cream from the pot and putting it on my face. It feels like fingerpainting! I know that for a lot of people, myself included, Noxema was their first real cleanser, and it might not be a bad idea to go back to it and give it a try, especially in the summer. It's nice and cooling, and helps on sunburn, as my grandmother has always told me and I can personally attest to. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2003 9:33:00 AM More reviews by lsgoods

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Still after all this time I still love Noxema the best. Great as a facial mask too - dissolves into my skin in a matter of 10 minutes and makes my skin so soft. And this does not clog my pores. I have a least 2 jars on hand at all times!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2003 3:34:00 PM More reviews by vixxin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been washing my face with this for 12 years. I prefer it in the pot as opposed to the pump. I "paint" it on with an old makeup brush because I don't like to stick my fingers in it. That makes it fun and it works great for me. Great smell, cooling feeling. It's a classic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2003 4:08:00 AM More reviews by rainedayz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a hard time understanding why anyone thinks this is oily.It has always left my skin clean with no oily or greasy residue.
I've been using it since I was 11 yrs old.And it never breaks me out.
It has a euclyptus smell,which I find rather refreshing.It will cool your skin down if you are feeling tired and hot.It also works magic on sunburns.
If you are having problems with it being oily make sure you are not using the version that contains moisturizers,it can and does leave an oil slick behind.
But the original Noxzema is the best skin cleanser on the market.Stops and prevents breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2003 2:52:00 PM More reviews by shimmmer

This is the first cleanser I have ever used that had not dry out my face, which is weird because I have a really oily tzone. Other cleanser dried out my nose. I dont know why though, because my nose is oily. This isnt soapy, which I love. It makes washing it off easier,quicker, and doesnt leave any residue. I didnt give this 5 lippies because even though i love it, I'm not sure it does anything for zits. It sure makes my skin feel refreshed and squeaky clean though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2003 3:56:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. This is one of the ones where you get all aggravated at it, stop using it, then find yourself going back to it when you get the urge. LOL

I have very oily skin, and this seems to take care of that, but sometimes it just won't rinse clean, which should be evidenced by the buildup it leaves on my sink. Still, I love the scent, the consistency and the feel of it on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Ariella4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good God! I cant beleive that they still make this stuff. its just too harsh for facial skin. Totally useless.