Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 1/20/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I only use this in the morning to clean off the tretinoin and night cream I use at night. This definitely does not serve well as a makeup remover. Cleanser is mild and has a nice scent and is not too drying. if you are acne prone and looking for a makeup remover shu makes awesome cleansing oils

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I saw a women on Youtube who goes by the name TheCurrentCustom and she was talking about how her skin acts and I was like"thats me!!"I have oily skin and it also breaks out easily.I ran out and bought me a small bottle to try and OMG,this stuff is AMAZING!!!!It cleans my face verry well and keeps the oil down for hours!!After using it just ONCE I saw a HUGE difference in how my skin feels.I have been using this for less than a week and already my skin is clearing up!It has a very light scent to it that reminds me of the Coppertone suntan lotion.I will be going back to get a bigger bottle and the lotion as well.
If you have oily skin that breaks out easily go and get you some to try.For $7.99 it won't be that big of a lost if you don't like it.

on 1/17/2009 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I use this to remove the residue from my Lumene cleansing oil, which doesn't always rinse off completely. By itself, this cleanser would be too drying for my slightly dry skin, especially in the winter, but when I use just a tiny amount as a second cleanser, I don't get over-dry or stripped skin. Until I find the ideal one-step cleanser that removes silicone-based primers, sunscreens and foundations and doesn't dry my skin too much (as DHC cleansing oil does), I'll rely on this two-step process. I use Cetaphil for normal to dry skin in the morning, to rinse the night's grime off. BTW, my DH swears by this cleanser for his oilier skin. I usually have to retrieve my bottle from his shower.

on 1/17/2009 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I like this cleanser, but it doesn't remove m/u. It is a good overall cleanser that doesn't strip the skin. I like the pump dispenser. You get a lot for your money, but I wish it would do a better job of removing make up. I wouldn't rec this for anyone with oily skin.

on 1/14/2009 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm really glad Cetaphil came up with this product for oily/combination skin. I used the gentle version for dry skin previously despite the fact that I have oily skin. For an inexpensive cleanser it gets the job done without over drying. But if you're looking for clean rinse result like me, this is not the product. I use a separate cleanser to wash off the residues.

I am so so about this product...I would only buy again if I cant find my HG Cleanser (Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash)... I would wash my face and afterwards tone, and my toner would pick up dirt and residue and even though I know that is what toners do, with Purpose, my cotton ball is 98% clean, with cetaphil is not. Also, i had run out of the big container of cetaphil, (my hubby uses it as well), and i went and brought the small one (same version though), and i just put the small one in the almost empty big bottle and i dont know what happened, but maybe i changed the consistency..(if that makes any sense)...and then i would wash my face and i would feel as if i was washing my face with pure water! I had to go out and buy a facial sponge just to feel my skin clean!!! It didnt break me out, but it didnt do much to make my skin any cleaner/clearer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was really hoping that this would work for my very sensitive skin but it didnt. When I washed my face It felt like my face face was starting to burn a bit around my eyes... the fragrance was very strong and I think thats what may have caused the reaction. Then when I dried my face it was still burning a bit and I thought to myself.. this isnt good. So I slapped on my good ol cold cream and my face stopped burning and i was relieved!

I wish this product would have worked for me.. bummer

This cleanser is ok. Just ok. As plenty of others have pointed out this doesn't take off mascara well. I don't think that is what this is for but if that's what your looking for then I would not recomend this. About the cleansing properties it's ok. I don't think this is amazing. I had qiute bad skin at the time and it didn't improve. I got through about half way through a big bottle of this so prehaps I could've stuck with it longer but I have decided to use more natural products (which has been the best decision for my skin I have ever made).

I really like this product, I feel it takes off almost all my makeup with the first wash and it leaves my skin feeling clean. You must use a moisturiser along with this though because it can dry you out. It does help to prevent breakouts by cleaning your skin nicely. The only downside is that it does not completely remove ALL of your makeup on the first wash. I will buy agian and agian because its cost effiecient and it works great.

I hate this. it dries out my face and stings