July 29, 2014 | 1944 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by smile521

The is a average product:
Cleansing power: 4 (sometime concealer will require a 2nd wash)
Drying: a bit
Smell: too strong for my liking, and not very pleasant

Overall, a okay product, but I probably will try something new when this run out. The smell is just too much, smell so fake and chemical like.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've finally found the cleanser that actually works well on my skin. it's been a journey. for the most part it does clear up my acne, however it does nothing for my scars i stll have some pimples here and there but im glad that it did improve the acne on my face. i don't think it works very well removing making up. my skin feels so clean after i wash it with this product tho. i love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by jldruck333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always use cetaphil, and by accident I picked up this one instead of the normal gentle skin cleanser. This totally wrecked my skin. I would not reccomend it for anyone with gentle skin. Because I usually have dry skin and this made it more dry. And it kind of stings and does not leave my face feeling soft like the original formula.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by nothingreally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was going to update, but I've completely flip-flopped on this product and I kind of want to start this review from scratch. It is better than 90% of all other cleansers I've tried and it doesn't irritate my skin, but does not clean/remove makeup at all, leaves a weird film on my face, and breaks me out. Even when I did precleanse and removed all the makeup from my face it still broke me out. It doesn't cause major breakouts on the cystic level, but enough small pimples and in places I normally don't breakout, and they always come up whenever I try and give this a second chance. If I didn't have a great gentle cleanser now that doesn't break me out I would have thought these were normal annoying breakouts. I have no idea why, but for that reason I had to toss it. I do love how it doesn't irritate or dry out my skin, but its not worth the breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jamieeimaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist recommended this product for my oily skin, so I went out a bought a big bottle. (Good thing it was on sale!) The first day or two went fine... but after that, my face was stinging like crazy all day. I thought it was something else I was using; I eventually was able to narrow it down to the Cetaphil. Even after stopping use for 2 weeks now, my skin is still super oily but flaky. Weird! I think it dried out my skin so much that it's flaky, but my skin is also over-compensating for lack of moisture by getting even more greasy! This just wasn't the right choice for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by alicea825

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice cleanser. It doesn't suds up too much and it leaves my skin feeling very clean and soft and not dryed out like other cleansers for oily skin. It also has a really nice scent. It doesn't remove all the eye make-up so I use a separate eye make-up remover for that, but overall it's a very good cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by tammy000

Good, not breakouts, not too dry, not too oily. Very gentle and safe ingredients.
But not as good as my Shiseido white lucent cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I reviewed this under my old username and I hated it. It was a while back, so I said to myself...why not, let me try it again. I'm always trying new cleansers to incorporate in my skincare routine and the search for a gentle, yet effective cleanser that will prevent breakouts and rinse off the craploads of makeup I have to wear for work seems to be damn near impossible. The one I've used for years, Neutrogena acne wash is HG but I'm looking for something "more gentle" since the neutrogena has salicylic acid. The board members seem to love this so once again, I went and got it.
I actually looooove the way my skin feels right after I cleanse with this. I do have to use gentle makeup wipes to remove makeup first and then use this. I also love the fragance in this.
But of course, after using this a couple of times it became clear why I didn't stick with it. I'd say after like 5-10 minutes, my skin was a dry, flaky hot mess. I mean...white flakes ALL OVER! This dried my face out something fierce! Then the next day I would wake up with tiny red and white little bumps here and there.
I didn't think it would be smart for me to continue use so I can't say if my face would have gotten used to it and eventually work for me.
The price, to be honest, seems a bit high. Love the pump bottle.
Too bad because I loved the feeling only *right after* I cleansed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 4:26:00 AM More reviews by aquagirl15

I always come back to this. It's such a good price for such an effective and gentle cleanser. it gets rid of makeup and leaves skin feeling fresh and clean without drying or stripping the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2008 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ellaneza

horrible stuff!! i usually like cetaphil products, thinking that this would be a subtle face wash for my skin. but little did i know, this would have a stinging sensation on my face. the texture is weird, and it takes a lot of face wash just to get the make up off. you'll know if it's a bad cleanser if it can't even get your make up off your face. i had to start using make up wipes before i used this cleanser. however, i will stop using it, and just use it as a body wash because it felt way too harsh on my face! i was so disappointed with this product. i expected a lot from cetaphil. however, i will still be using their moisturizing cream.