July 22, 2014 | 2359 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by browneyedvixen1

Love Dove soap, have used it since I was a little girl. Not drying almost moisterizing. Does not strip my skin of any essential moisture. Cheap and works, clean scent also

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2006 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Nessicle

I've actually tried to use this on many an occasion. I was so jealous that my friends could use this as a cheap facial soap and they found it to be moisturising. When I first tried this, because it's supposed to be moisturising I was only wearing a light hydrating moisturiser and my skin became quite oily - I was convinced that the bar was too rich for my face.

However, after trying so many cleansers and face washes and coming to the conclusion that everything makes my face greasy, I thought about switching to a rich moisturiser for dry skin, as many people told me I was probably drying my skin out too much and that was the reason for the oiliness. I gave it a go and well, whadda ya know?! I have NORMAL skin!!!! I haven't had normal skin since I was about 15!!

So I've given this Beauty Bar another go, using a good rich moisturiser and I have no problems. No spots, bright skin albeit my T-zone does have a tendancy to get a light bit shiny during the day but I think everyone's skin does that, nothing a light dusting of powder won't solve!

So for those of you who think this is too rich for your skin and find your skin is oilier when using it, just give a rich moisturiser a try for a change and see if that helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by jautumnw

After having tried numerous kinds of face washes (both high and low end)
I've come back to this.
I had bad acne on my facw when I was younger, and my dermatologist recommended using this soap as a cleanser. Said it was the best thing to use, and cheap!
So glad I listened...I will use this until the day I die.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Edit April 2012: I doubt I will be buying this again. I don't know if Dove has changed it's ingredients, but it isn't the same to me. I just purchased an 8 pack. The fragrance is very faint, the bar doesn't suds like it used to and the feel of my skin isn't as soft and moist. I'm so disappointed since I've used this forever! Maybe I got a bad batch? If anyone is having the same problem drop me a note, I am very curious to know if it's just me. I bought Caress which I have also used forever and it is just as it always has been.

Original review:
This is the only soap I can use on any part of my body. I am reviewing the white, original Dove soap. I have used it forever! It is mild, creamy, moisturizing, lightly scented and the list goes on. It is my all time favorite.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2006 1:10:00 PM More reviews by kak513

I want to like Dove so badly. I want that easy-clean skin and comforting scent, and it's so easy to get ahold of since every store carries it. However, my skin, especially my back, will not tolerate it. When I use this on my body, my skin feels like it's going to split open--I can practically hear my back crackling when I step out of the shower to dry off; that's how bad it is. So much for 1/4 moisture! Another thing that bothers me is that I have read in reputable sources that Unilever (Dove's parent company) tests on animals, though their website says the opposite. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2006 12:15:00 PM More reviews by 4665325

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the simplicity of Dove. It is the only bar i've tried that doesn't dry out my skin. I love their body wash as well but if your on a budget go with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by JELo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After fighting the advice of my grandmother for years, I finally in a fit desperation tried Dove soap as a face and body cleanser. And she was right, yet again. (When will I learn!) This is the ONLY soap/cleanser that has every cleared up my very testy skin. It can be drying, but I have combo skin so I counteract that with Eucerin Renewal face lotion. The combo of Dove/Eucerin has completely turned my skin around. I even get compliments on my complexion. This is something that has never happened to me in my life! Please save your $$$ and give this a try. It smells great and is so cheap, you can't lose! UPDATE: I added the Aspirin Mask/Scrub to this combo and it's the best my skin has ever looked!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2006 12:25:00 PM More reviews by lili81

Worst Mistake of my Life!!!! I have very oily acne prone skin, the kind that turns a tissue clear after one swipe. I normally use about 20 blotters a day. I bought dove original beauty bar and used it last night and followed with pure aloe vera. When I washed, it felt a little dry but not too bad. I woke up and felt optimistic because I didn't have as much shine as I usually do. Washed again with it before my shower with luke warm water, horrible! My face started to peel, I couldn't even cover with concealer, dry flakes everywhere but still so shiny. The worst combo. Little tiny bumps on my forehead had become large, red and more irritated. I have dark skin, African so it takes a lot for my skin to turn red. I look like hell at work, I am covering 2/3 of my face with my hair and avoiding eye contact with everyone. On this day, 6-6-06, I look like the antichrist. I read reviews on the sensitive skin version and i will try that instead. Hope it doesn't do the same thing. I am really upset with this one.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2006 8:03:00 AM More reviews by flashgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's just able to clean my face perfectly and very cheap

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2006 4:59:00 AM More reviews by pgirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i adore Dove and it's the only soap I use on my body. I've tried other soaps over the years but nothing beats this plus it doesn't aggravate my ecezma prone skin. It always leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized.