Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

I must have really sensitive skin, because the dove cream bar, just like any other soap (gel, bar form, whatever), dries out my skin. I wouldn't dream of using it on my face, and I actually don't think I have used it on my entire body, just my hands. It's a typical wash basin soap here.

Drying is such a big no-no, but I decided to give it a two because I like the design of the bar and because it's so democratic in price.

on 6/4/2007 8:47:00 PM

I like this soap. It really makes a difference in the softness of my skin.

on 5/31/2007 8:24:00 AM

I use soaps in the shower only and never on my face (previous experiments didnt yield desired results :)) or hair (scary!!)... On the other hand, my husband is an all-soap-only type of person and nothing can take him away from his Irish Springs but this winter I MADE him use dove as a bath soap... After a few (ignored) protests, we both found that Dove works great for us... Also, it holds its texture even after a few days... So no complaints... Incidentally, I do like the Dove signature fragrance...

on 5/26/2007 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have dry skin and it really helps to prevent dryness I usually get after a bath/shower. The DOVE soaps before used to melt and lose its shape when i used them, but the ones now don't do that. I love the fragrance and it is really gentle on my skin.

on 5/26/2007 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I LOVE my Dove! I have been using dove for about 8 years and I couldn't live without it. I have very sensitive normal skin and there are only a couple things I can use to wash my face that don't give me a rash or breakout and Dove soap is one of them. I love the fact that my face feels clean and moisturized after I wash and it rinses clean too. I use it morning and night all year round from head to toe and my skin is very clear and soft. Dove's my staple for life!

on 5/24/2007 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is so gross! read the ingredients..um...no...I don't think so! not on my face! I'm pretty much hooked on homeade soap now simply because I can't handle the chemicals in INDUSTRIAL soaps.

on 5/8/2007 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

On recommendation of my skin Dr. I have been using Dove Soap to wash my face 2x a day. I have been also using Retin A for almost 20 years--- and, yup the same Doc said Dove is the best ( mild) cleanser to use. I love the smell of the original Dove, but the new green Cool moisture is a close second favorite.

on 4/14/2007 10:38:00 PM

smells great and is very moisturising when ur using it...when after shower, my skin was really dry. but would buy it again as its cheap and lathers pretty well

on 4/13/2007 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love love love love this so much! And I don't even like using soap in the shower! I never have! It dries me out, I feel flaky and grimy! So why am I loving this so much?? Bought this on an impulse after reading reviews here and I'm really glad I did. I have never felt so soft for such a cheap price in all my life! There's no need for me to use a moisturiser after stepping out of the shower as my skins as clean and well-nurished as I could possibly hope for. This soap has such a nice creamy lather to it that even beats any shower gel I've tried (including dove ones)! I find the scent to a lingering one, but it's calming and innocent and soapy ivory happy joy. Yes, that's how much I like it. Occassionaly will mix things up with some Lush body butters (good exfoliaters) but this is my new HG and a new staple to my bathroom.

on 4/10/2007 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My mother uses this as a facial cleanser. But whenever I use this on my face, I get major breakouts. It never fails. I recently discoevered the reason for this. I read on Paula Begoun's website (www.cosmeticscop.com) that the ingredients that make cleansers into a bar soap actually cause clogged pores. This was published in scientific journals about dermatology. So, if you are like me -extremely prone having blackheads and pimples- I would advise you to stay away from ANY type of bar soap (no matter what the PH level is) and stick to gentle cream/gel/foam cleansers. That's what I've done for the last six months and I have had almost no breakouts.