April 17, 2014 | 1908 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Product_Junkie

Love Dove Soap! I use the Unscented version, it cleans perfectly, does not overdry, leaves my skin healthy and glowing, not dry or tight. I find it also helps keeps blackheads at bay. I've used many facial cleansers in the past, but IMO, nothing compares to Dove.Facial cleansers either break me out, leave an oily film, or make my skin way too dry. The only qualm about Dove is that it melts very fast and tends to get mushy. But it works, its cheap, and is ph balanced. I find it much more effective than Clinique's Mild facial soap, that broke me out and left my skin dry and oily! Yuk! That said, I'm sticking with Dove.UPDATE: I am now using the Original Dove Beauty bar (scented) and I am so glad!! This stuff is wonderful!!! Makes my skin very smooth, soft and clean, but not taut or greasy. This is a great classic staple! Will definitely repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2006 11:59:00 PM More reviews by proactive

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using Dove beauty bar for many years, and accepting the fact that, although it made my skin dry, it was recommended by dermatologists, I finally wised up. I now use Johnson's Baby Bar, which is much less drying for the skin. After all, if it's used for baby care, it must be gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2006 9:44:00 PM More reviews by LyssyLew

My absolute favourite soap! It's cheap, moisturizing, and I just feel good when I use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2006 9:59:00 AM More reviews by nicksmommy03

This has been a HG item for me all my life! I have used Dove (either in pink or white) since I was 5 years old--that was 25 years ago.
I am a product junkie and I love all of my decadent shower gels and creams, but nothing is gentler on your skin than Dove. I happen to love Cetaphil on my face and will never switch, but Dove is something I use on every other part of me. It lathers well, rinses clean and I love the scent. It reminds me of being a little girl--that is comforting to me. It doesn't make me break out and my skin looks great. If my face needs a deep cleansing or is feeling oily, I will put this on my face instead of Cetaphil. I love Dove, and I did use it on my face as a teen when my skin was oily. I owe it to Dove for never having acne as a teen, in my opinion.
I also feel confident using this on my 2.5 year old. It doesn't irritate his skin at all.
White or pink, the classic Dove works great for me. I will use it even when I am 105!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by beauty_addict1

Best Soap Ever!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Clearing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the scent of the "unscented" Dove bar soap. It has a beautiful scent! I bought this for the first time this winter when one of my daughters had very dry hands and washing with soap was just becoming painful for her. This creamy delightful soap had her back in shape within a week. I'm tempted to try the scented version now, because I love this fragrance so much....it may be even better!! (Perfect for shaving my legs too) UPDATE: Tried the regular white bar, that is scented. It's just no where as wonderful as the unscented white bar, which ironically has a better scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2006 7:00:00 PM More reviews by misselyse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!! To all those girls out there who are racing to the store everytime a new facialproduct promises great skin to no aval. Try just a plain ol bar of dove on your face and see a difference.Promise. I've tried everything form neutrogena, clean and clear, aveeno, st. ives, phisoderm, olay ---Nothing compared to a single bar of dove soap. It does not even cost more than 2 dollars. I use it everyday for my face and it works miracles. It is soft and it cleans excellently. A must have for me for my life!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2006 10:48:00 PM More reviews by cactus_flower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic, gentle cleanser. Great for the body and/or the face. Not expensive, works well. No bells and whistles but a very fine product at a very good price. Leaves my skin very soft and in great condition. Highly recommend. Minor Warning: Dove is a gentle soap, but dont't use a lot of lather on your face just because it is so gentle. It may dry out your skin or cause acne prone skin to act up. Other than that-Stellar product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2006 12:47:00 PM More reviews by cgul

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the original white dove bar also to wash my hair and it works great! Makes my hair soft, clean and lush. think shampoos are harsher. try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2006 9:50:00 AM More reviews by bonita1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK- This one is a classic. The scent is sooo clean and soft. I keep a bar in my closet just to give my clothes that purely clean smell. Whenever I travel, this comes with me, because I can use it to remove makeup as well as bathe. Fabulous.