August 20, 2014 | 1082 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

I've used Dove soap my entire life, literally; I can't remember any other soap ever being in the bathroom in our house. (Apparently this was on the reccomendation of my pediatrician, since I had baby eczema.) I went off of it for awhile in my adolescence when I got tired of using such a "baby" soap, and switched to bodywashes.
Well, I still have that eczema and in the past few years it's gotten worse, so I've gone back to Dove, and this time I think it's for good. I use it all over, face and body, which I love; cheap and less products for the bathroom, plus it makes the skin on my face (I'm almost 23 and have sensitive skin, well, everywhere) look as good as it's possibly going to get.
Yes, it's a little irritating that you basically have to store Dove soap out of the water's reach or it melts in 3-4 days, but that's a price I'm willing to pay for a soap that makes my hurt skin feel better, leaves my face looking clear and healthy, is really cheap, is great for the girly bits, and is available everywhere with lots of different scents to choose from. (I use the classic Dove; the other, newer versions are a little too strong for long-term use on sensitive skin, I've found.) I will stick with this for life. :)

And P.S., whoever said the smell was akin to a fleece blanket was exactly right! When I was little it was a pre-shower ritual of mine to sniff the soap in the boxes. Talk about a comfort scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2006 4:22:00 PM More reviews by jerseygurrl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this soap! This is the only kind of soap I will use. I find that every other bar soap leaves a sticky film on your body after you get out of the shower. Dove Beauty Bar washes off clean and makes your skin softer. Everyone should use this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2006 2:02:00 PM More reviews by brillliant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use the unscented Dove bar for sensitive skin on my body, and have done so for many years. It was recommended by a dermatologist, and has served me well in feeling clean and not itchy, like some soaps have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2006 5:22:00 AM More reviews by gumnut

We've all seen the "Dove. It's not soap" ads, right? And yet, we still consider it a soap. Like many of the reviewers here, I grew up with Dove too for most of my childhood until all of a sudden, it was all bodywashes in bottles craze. I have moderate body acne and have used so many different types of body washes. However, the other week, I remembered when all I used to use was the Dove Original White Beauty Bar, and how at that time I used to have beautiful skin (I guess part of that was contributed to the fact hormones hadn't kicked in yet!), and finding a twin pack stashed away at the back of my cupboard, I hesitantly tried it. I must now say that after one wash, the next day, most of my acne had dried up and the texture of my skin was so much softer and smoother. It is the best thing. However, not for my face, even though I have combination skin. Slightly drying since it's easy to overdo it with the suds. But amazing for the body. I use Dove's Daily Exfoliating Facial Wash for my face instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2006 1:52:00 PM More reviews by lily_remains

Well, I'm back to using this. I found something interesting about this soap...apparently it has an ingredients they used to use for burn victims in wars. Anyway, it is once again clearing me up. It really does work for acne...and much less harsh than medicated cleansers. Oh and I have tried EVERYTHING.

EDIT: Still keeps me relatively clear and gives my skin a nice tone. I heard this can clear skin because it contains coconut acid or something which is anti-fungal/bacterial.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2006 9:08:00 AM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love any Dove soap for my body when taking a shower. But I have finally learned my lesson. I cannot under any circumstances use soap of any kind on my face. For the sake of simplicity I really wanted to be able to, but that's never going to happen. I tried cleansing my face with several formulas of Dove and had problems with each of them. The original bar clogged my pores horribly. My face felt so dry and uncomfortable. I actually got blackheads and my face looked puffy. The sensitive skin formula burned my face. Oh well, they are great in the shower for the rest of me, but never again on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2006 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely will repurchase! GREAT for acne-prone skin. I had bacne when in middle school, and after trying lots of of the usual recommended washes and soaps I tried this stuff, and it cleared it up! Love the scent, it's very clean and fresh. Awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 3:24:00 AM More reviews by EyeCatcha

pure looking very good quality soap helps skin looking fresh and wrinkle-free smells heavenly, is not very expensive and known for it is working i love the smell can't stand it everyday personally but it tones down angry looking skin and thoughts i like dove beauty bar very much

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by browneyedvixen1

Love Dove soap, have used it since I was a little girl. Not drying almost moisterizing. Does not strip my skin of any essential moisture. Cheap and works, clean scent also

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2006 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Nessicle

I've actually tried to use this on many an occasion. I was so jealous that my friends could use this as a cheap facial soap and they found it to be moisturising. When I first tried this, because it's supposed to be moisturising I was only wearing a light hydrating moisturiser and my skin became quite oily - I was convinced that the bar was too rich for my face.

However, after trying so many cleansers and face washes and coming to the conclusion that everything makes my face greasy, I thought about switching to a rich moisturiser for dry skin, as many people told me I was probably drying my skin out too much and that was the reason for the oiliness. I gave it a go and well, whadda ya know?! I have NORMAL skin!!!! I haven't had normal skin since I was about 15!!

So I've given this Beauty Bar another go, using a good rich moisturiser and I have no problems. No spots, bright skin albeit my T-zone does have a tendancy to get a light bit shiny during the day but I think everyone's skin does that, nothing a light dusting of powder won't solve!

So for those of you who think this is too rich for your skin and find your skin is oilier when using it, just give a rich moisturiser a try for a change and see if that helps!