October 30, 2014 | 1611 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by bink180

I had the BB cream for a few months now, I saw this at Wal-Mart and went looking for a yellow-toned lighter BB cream because the L'Oreal was starting to look orangey on me so I grabbed this one. I have combo/normal skin in the winter and this looked promising without making my face looking like a grease pit.

In November when I tried in the shade Light it was a little too light then. Tried it out again in December, perfect!

Pros:
It "blurs" my imperfections
It's moisturing
Dewy
Covers redness beautifully!
Adapts to my skin color well
Makes pores less visible but doesn't look like they dissapear (figures!)
SPF 30!!! very important.
Cons:
Lacks staying power even with powder to set. :( but it never claimed it did anyway. haha
It doesn't really look like it primes

I bought it for about $7.50 at Walmart.

I'd recommend this for the spring since it is semi-water based. This season I just used it extra moisturizer. It's not ground-breaking but if you wanted to have a shot at American BB creams this is a good one to start with. Hope this helps.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Ella301

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed with this product, this bb cream made my face oily right after i applied it, even if i set it with powder you can still see the shininess. I didnt like this at all. Will not be purchasing again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by ericaaacullen

Possibly the WORST product I have ever used! I bought it because of all of the hype around this new product, and five days later I broke out in little skin colored bumps, that later turned red and swelled my whole face up, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, COMPLETE waste.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Rocky22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first BB cream and I think it does give me an even finish when wearing alone I use this as a primer under my foundation and I like the results. I am looking forward to purchasing more BB creams.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by lilsweetchic123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The very second ingredient listed on this product is a pore-clogger. It caused my face to have tons of tiny skin-colored bumps everywhere that w\erent clearing even after exfoliating (using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub). I wouldn't recommend this at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ehkim617

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The product is okay. I find it offers the most coverage with blending in with fingers. I have oily skin, so it faded off of my face within four or five hours. It faded evenly, which is good. I wouldn't recommend for oily skin, but it might be just fabulous for dry skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by missbliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff isn't really a BB cream. It's really a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I have to subtract a lippie for the false advertising.

So as a tinted moisturizer (TM) with SPF, this product works pretty well. The SPF is true broad spectrum 30, which is rare to find in a TM. The SPF derives from titanium dioxide, so it's a nice mineral-based physical block. There is no chalkiness, whiteish cast, or difficulty spreading.

The coverage is ok for me. It evens out the small areas of broken capillaries on my cheeks and it disguises small blemishes. It does not provide adequate coverage for the stupid, evil red area on my chin, but then again most things don't. You'll still need a bit of concealer for the more stubborn spots & larger blemishes. And as this isn't really a BB cream, I still use primer underneath. Great combo though. This plays well with the primer (no balling!) and the two products together make my pores almost disappear!

Overall though this is a great product but Maybelline really dropped the ball. It fills a badly needed drugstore niche - tinted moisturizer that provides adequate *broad spectrum* coverage. All of the other ones are too low with their SPF (15 is not good enough, ladies!), with the exception of Aveeno's, and that one is too...well, go read the reviews of that one. But they had to go and call it a BB cream, which it ain't, and disappoint the hell out of potential fans. Oh well. For $8 you can't beat what this product does offer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Maritxu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice product (although its the very first BB cream Ive ever tried so Im far from being an expert). It has a SPF of 30 which is good enough for summer, matches my skin tone really nicely, looks very natural, easy to apply, blends in well, paraben-free...
On the negative side: its a bit runny and after about an hour my skin gets a bit shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMiztress

I really loved it. It was smooth enough that it went on fine and gave enough coverage that it hid what needed to be hidden.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Katherine2105

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was actually really disappointed with this.
has an orange tinge
doesn't stay
isn't easy to apply/ spread dries fast
white cast
sheer coverage

Sheer coverage isn't exactly a bad thing, but the orange tinge it gave my skin did, it also doesn't apply very nice. This may be nice to put on under foundation for people with dry skin but on it's own I thought it made my skin look unhealthy. Far prefer Skin 79 bb cream