September 15, 2014 | 949 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

Ok, I hated the original NAKED, but now that I have this... my feelings are quite mixed...

I do like this better because it has more mattes. However, the mattes do leave a little more to be desired. The original NAKED eyeshadow consistencies were much more buttery than those of the new one. The matte black is a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT. It is just as bad as MAC's Carbon... [Sugarpill's Bulletproof is the best black I've tried thus far!]

I am used to smoother textures, but they do the job. The blending brush it comes with is not so bad, the shader brush on the other hand is garbage.

I'm not a fan of the eyeshadow shade Chopper, since it has larger glitter-bits in it. The colors are quite similar than the original, so I recommend one or the other. Both is NOT necessary at all... but I much prefer the cooler tones for my NC30 skin.

LOVE the packaging for this one. I hated the velvet flocking on the original - I would always have to clean off my hands after applying cream foundations or liquid products before picking this up, and it collected dust like no other!

The Naked gloss it came with was a happy surprise. I def. like it - a MLBB gloss for sure. Barely sticky, but I've experienced higher quality glosses that aren't sticky at all with the same amount of shine from MUFE. Still, this was definitely not as sticky as drugstore counterparts or juicy tubes.

Worth having if you are a beginner in need of a neutral collection. Nice for on the go. I'm more used to dramatic looks, but I have to learn to tone it down for daily/career wear... so I am reluctant to like this as much as I should, but I do admit it is worth having if you don't have a large collection or are in need of a gift to give to someone just starting. I'm just used to building my own palettes, so the idea of preset palettes have yet to completely "WOW" me just yet.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this pallete has been described pretty well already, so I wont go into that but here is my two cents... I have both naked and naked2 and feel they are different enough to make it worth owning both. I am fair with yellow undertones and I can use all of the shades, there arent any that look odd (like buck and naked did on me). I have been pulling shades from both palettes to make different looks but this palette is also great by itself. There are so many options in this new palette, if you are debating which one to get I would say this one because it will suit more skin tones.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by indoorkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it! I received it over the weekend and I've been supplementing my looks with it all week.

As someone mentioned below, it's not a sparkle-disaster. Only one sparkly shade and if you tap the brush after loading it, you can minimize fall out to a degree.

The left half of the palette is warm, warmer than the first Naked. The right half is cooler. I'm an NC 40, and I personally found Naked 1 too champagne / summery to wear in the fall/winter. This is a perfect replacement.

I like the metal box better than the velvet one from before too. It feels more sturdy. I haven't tested the brush or the lip gloss yet.

If you're on the fence and you haven't bought the first one, I think overall this is a better palette. I'm sure I'll transition off to the the other Naked over the summer, but I am totally totally loving this for the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by kimnguyen1025

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this palette!!! I have been using this palette for a couple of weeks and I love every shade. I have the first palette and I prefer this one because the colors are a bit cooler. Regardless, both palettes are excellent for your money and will last a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by bubbles321236

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product I received it today and have been creating looks all day. It is very versatile and it is perfect for my cool toned skin. I do not own the first one so I can not compare the two but I would repurchase this in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by loraanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this palette. The colors are very cool tone and go very well with one another. The colors are very shimmery. My favorite colors have to be Chopper, which is almost a shimmery rose gold color, YDK, a very shimmery taupe-brown color, and Verve, a shimmery taupe-gray color. I love the dual ended brush as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by sdpink1221

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this one! The first is worth the buy but if I can recommend one I'd go with 2. It has similar colors and the original but more grays and mattes. I don't like the packaging of this one like the first. It feels a little cheap and doesn't snap closed smoothly all the time but minor flaw in an amazing products. I only wish they still had the double sided pencil like the first naked palettes last year. The brush is good quality but nothing to write home about. Great for beginners!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by AndreaLilyXo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this one is a 100000 times better than the first. I really like black out,foxy, and snake bite. I do like that this one has a matte shade I can use for a highlight since i'm not into a crazy shimmer highlight and also it has the matte black to smoke out your look or even use as a. eyeliner. I don't have to reach for another e/s or palette to create my look. With the first one I had to use another palette or mac shadow for my highlight and another shadow to go over my liner or deepen black eyeliner . I do wish they had a darker matte brown in the naked 2, but its still a great palette :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I really like the range of colors in this. Its less of a shimmer bomb than Naked 1 which I appreciate,and there are more light colors which I find more wearable. I find the pigmentation okay, I'm not as impressed with UD as I thought I would be. Though I definitely don't regret buying this, I'm not sure if I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by audmac

First off I have not tried every color in this palette yet so my opinion is subject to change. The quality of e/s is excellent with wonderful color payoff for each color. I prefer this metal tin over the velvet case of n1. I would like to say that from swatching this and the naked 1 palette side by side i have found six almost identical shades that make me question if i want to keep both palettes. In my opinion here are the close matches/dupes:
Half Baked in 1= Half Baked in 2
Smog in 1=Snakebite in 2
Hustle in 1=Busted in 2
Virgin in 1=Booty Call in 2
Toasted in 1=YDK in 2
Suspect in 1=Sidecar in 2
Those are just my observations, folks, Im not saying they are identical just that to me they are close enough that I dont feel that I need both.
I am not too fond of the brush or lipgloss, and would really have prefered an eden or other primer potion and a 24/7 waterproof liquid liner instead.

16 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No