January 25, 2015 | 1857 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by hornet7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went back and forth on whether or not I should get this palette. I don't own the first one, but I do have most of the colors of the original Naked in other palettes. I also have 5 of the Naked 2 colors in other palettes.

There lay my decision; are the 7 remaining colors worth the price?

YES! I really love Naked 2, and here is why:

I love black out. It works amazing as eyeliner, nice and dark and matte, with the brush included. It can be layered in the outer v, and/ or in the crease to darken any other color for the perfect smoky eye.

Busted is also a great dark ever so slightly plummy color. I love wearing it in the outer corner, with YDK over the lid. They are right next to each other in the palette which makes it convenient for a quick look. I've heard it could be a dupe for huste, so be aware of that if you own the first palette.

The queen of the Naked 2 for me is Pistol- love love love! This color is exclusive to the palette. I love it's smoky gray buttery smoothness. I wear it two different ways- either all over my lid with verve in the crease, or in the outer corner and crease with verve or suspect on the lid.

Snakebite is another great outer corner/crease color, which I usually pair with suspect. It has just the right amount of "oomf" for my eye color to pop.

Tease- another dual purpose beauty for me. I wear this either all over the lid with busted on the outer V, or I wear it in the crease. Love it's matte lttle heart!

Foxy is super flexible and I use it to blend, under my eyebrow, and even under my eyes to hide dark circles.

Bootycall is a sweet light shimmer, great for a very naked but polished look.

Chopper has some fall out, so I pat it over eyelid primer with my finger. This color is one I have in other palettes, and can be a little difficult for me because of the glitter fall-out. It's not as bad as some of Urban Decay colors, but I detest glitter on my face.

I love half-baked. It's another easy color for me to wear, with a little Black Out as liner.

These are all very polished colors, and you really can't do it wrong. The brush is nice if you use the fluffy end to blend, and the flat end as liner. Otherwise you probably have your favorite brushes to use. I loved the sample size lip gloss, very cute and minty!

The palette is very sturdy, the mirror is huge. It is a little awkward in the fact that I have to open it completely or the mirror end tips the case over because it's top heavy. It shuts with a firm click, which also seems awkward because you have to press quite firmly. It definitely feels like you could toss it in a suitcase and expect it to be safe during travels.

If you have Naked 1 already (which I feel like I do because of all repeats in other palettes) you will not be disappointed with Naked 2. It has the added benefit of 3 more amazing mattes to add to the two with Naked 1, and the wonderful Pistol and Verve- YUM!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by smaestas

Love this palette, the colors are well pigmented and last without waring out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am absolutely in love with this palette. My boyfriend got it for me for my birthday, and I am so happy he did. I have the original naked palette, which for me is great for more dramatic neutral looks (I have very pale skin, blue eyes, and brown hair) but this palette is PERFECT for me for everyday use. I love taupes, and greys and everything that this palette has to offer. I can already tell that it is going to be my absolute favourite palette of all time.

Here is a tutorial/get ready with me video that I did using this palette so you can see the shades in action!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by BlushingBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really do like this pallet. It does seem very expensive but think about it you are getting 12 full size high quality eyeshadows, a double ended brush (witch is not great), and a mini lip gloss (witch I am also not a huge fan of) for $50 ($60 CAD). My favorite colors in the pallet are Foxy (matte yellowish off white), Half Baked (rich gold, also in first Naked Pallet), Bootycall (slightly shimmer off white, Chopper (glittery gold bronze), Suspect (shimmery champagne gold), Verve (shimmery white), and YDK (pinky taupe gold). You also get a matte black witch is nice but I honestly don't use it much because it is not extremely pigmented. Most of the colors are pretty pigmented, some more than others. With the more shimmery/glittery the is more fall out, but don't worry you will not end up with glitter all over your face! Also in this pallet you get a huge mirror witch is great for travel purposes. The packaging is pretty sturdy and easy yo clean, unlike the first Naked Pallet. If you are wondering what pallet to get the first Naked pallet or this one it really depends on what you like! The first Naked pallet has more dark warm toned colors and this one has more light cooled toned colours! I would repurchase and recommend this pallet! Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I might be the only person on earth (certainly one of the few on this website) that never bought the original naked palette. I decided to get this one instead, since I have a lot of warm bronzy neutrals, but less cool taupe-y colours- I thought the 2 would be better for me.

This palette is GORGEOUS. I love it, and use it allll the time. Every shade is wonderful, although I don't love 'Chopper' - incredibly warm toned and prone to hella fallout, especially of the sparkles. There are a few warm shades in here, so it's not totally cool. Pistol is my absolute favvvvv for crease/slightly above the crease.

Bottom line: they're all beautiful, pigmented, blendable, flattering, with a mix of warm and cool tones, leaning more towards cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sartay

Naked 2 is beautiful! I own (and LOVE) the original Naked, and the second palette does not disappoint in comparison. I purchased the original Naked in the spring last year, and used it literally every single day for the entire summer (as a side note, I have hit pan on only Naked and Buck, which I used nearly everyday to blend out my "work eye"). Come this fall, I noticed that I was reaching for it less and less. I hadn't quite put my finger on why, until I got Naked 2. I am one of those people who goes from fairly tan (NC35ish) to PALE (NC20-15) over the course of a year. In the summer with some color, the original Naked is wonderful, but with my winter pale-ness it just did not look right. Enter Naked 2, which has the same buttery, appropriately shimmery shadows in much more neutral to cool shades, and I am in heaven. Maybe I am just justifying the purchase of both to myself, but I really think that they compliment each other seasonally for me, and it is worth it for me to have both becuase they are literally the only shadows I use. Now, you probably don't NEED both, but remember, these palettes are excellent value for money (essentially you get 12 full sized shadows, which are normally $17 each, for $4.16 a piece, if you don't factor in the brush and gloss). I think its worth having both!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by thefallofnadia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

The casing is awesome but a little weird when closing,
AMAZING EYESHADOW. I think this is a perfect palette and better than naked 1. Every shadow is pigmented, worth the 50 dollars!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Maite5468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! Have the original, and this one is just as beautiful! They totally complement each other and I'm having so much fun creating different looks!!!! LOOOOOVE IT!! I like the packaging better than the original, and I think there are some seriously gorgeous colors that the first one doesn't have! Got it for my BFF for xmas and she loves it too, best present everrrrr (or at least I think it was lol)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by LadyBugGrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't think it was possible to love a palette more than my original Naked palette but I do! Naked 2 colors work so much better with my fair skin :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have and love the original Naked palette. When that came out, there were a lot of reviews crying "hype, hype, hype", which, to be honest, seems awfully insulting to people who researched and purchased it and then used and loved it because it is an EXCELLENT palette. If there was a lot of "hype" or talk about it, it's because it was deserved - a great assortment of neutral shadows at a great price and in excellent, streamlined packaging. If there hadn't been the quality to back up the "hype", the reviews here would have shown it over time. We women are not stupid! The same applies to the new Naked2 palette - if there is a lot of "hype" (meaning reviews, praise, interest), it's for a reason.

Several people told me I didn't really "need" Naked2 since I have a LOT of neutral shadows and since I had Naked1 and "they're really not very different". Well, I just got Naked2 the other day (it was released later here in Canada) and I can tell you that, as good as 1 is, 2 is even better, especially for cool-toned women like me. Some of the photos at the top of this page are a bit misleading (I'm sure because of the vagaries of lighting) but the colours in 1 and 2 are not as alike as some of the photos would indicate. I got this palette because I absolutely LOVE Suspect (which isn't available on its own) and loved the look of Snakebite and Pistol and these 3 shadows DO NOT DISAPPOINT. I am surprised by how much I like Booty Call and Busted and so many of the other shadows. While black eyeshadow isn't really "my thing" (and I've got Mac's Typographic, which is about as dark as I like to go), I am sure I can use Blackout to darken an outer V or smudged on top of black pencil liner. All the shades in this palette are just wonderfully wearable and all work together really well to create a wide range of eye looks. I've never had a UD lipgloss before but I really like the one that comes with this palette and the double ended brush is much better than brushes that usually come with eyeshadows, even high end shadows. So all in all, this is a great value and a great product and will be perfect for me for travelling. Even for a long trip, you really don't need anything else by way of shadows unless you really go for brights. Just toss in a liner or 2, some mascara and you've everything you need to do your eyes for a month without getting bored! This palette is worthy of its high rating and deserves whatever "hype" it has been getting.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No