November 29, 2014 | 1534 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by rachel90877

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am *in love* with the Naked2 palette. I never purchased the first palette, thinking it mostly hype. Well, once the Naked2 was released, I got caught up in the "I NEED THIS!" and bought it the second time it was in stock. I felt a little buyer's remorse because of the cost, but once I got the palette, I was in love. I've used it every day for over a month. I prefer natural makeup rather than smokey but I feel this palette gives a good smokey eye as well. The formula is excellent and extremely long wearing. It only has 1 sparkley shadow which is good since I'm not a huge fan of the sparkle. The matte and shimmer shadows are incredible. I'm now lemming the first Naked palette. The quality is exceptional and they're worth the pennies!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by csayles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got it!! I was wondering if they were going to come out with another one after the first one and they did. I think I like the 2nd one more then the first because I will use all the shades which are more neutral.

This is a great palette!

Angelclarice

AngelClarice Beauty and Wellness Site http://angelclarice.blogspot.com/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I'm a convert! I saw the original Naked palette and was put off by the dark colours. I have been using the MUA Heaven and Earth Palette for ages - the colour suit me better however they are gritty and can irritate my eyes,

I was skeptical when I received this palette but the colours are wonderful - they work well with my NW20 skin tone (lighter at the minute). They are fool proof - I can even use them and I am very conservative. I love the matte shades and the two dark shades i use as an eyeliner.

I might be able to chuck a lot of my old eye shadows. (Though I'll hold on to my MUA palette!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by pinkylipstx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This palette is very elegant large mirror the naked gloss that comes with it is very pretty. I use this palette with my original naked palette because it more fun i do have to say the brush it comes with is not good quality! Make sure you have better quality brushes! Other thrn that i totally recommend this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I give up. Naked 2 is still way too warm for my cool coloring. Urban Decay does not care us pale girls with cool/pink undertones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush is absolute crap. It's scratchy, feels synthetic, doesn't pick up color well. It's a throw away. The eyeshadow itself is the lovely, pigmented, easy to use and blend quality that I've come to expect from UD. To me it's just as shimmery as Naked 1, but the colors are toned down a little so it seems more workday appropriate. I really like Chopper and didn't find the fallout to be excessive, but I tap a lot of the glitter off before applying. I haven't tried the lip color yet, I'm sure it's fine. I like the tin packaging, it feels more secure. I wish it had come with a liner, not the terrible brush, especially since it cost more than Naked 1. I'm NW20 and I can see myself using this set more than Naked 1. I wish it had more matte medium shades for blending, but I supplement with other palettes and it all works out fine. So far I haven't disliked any shades, but it was sheer laziness to put halfbaked in again. It's a nice enough color but I don't need two of them, and it doesn't seem to fit in this set as well as 1. I'd get this set again before buying Naked 1 again. I've been using Naked 1 for over a year without hitting pan on anything, so I'm set on eyeshadow for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this palette every day for about a week, and I have no complaints. The shades are so diverse, yet coordinated, that you can use pretty much any shade with any other and make a great look. The shades and textures also lend themselves well to emphasizing the eyes with different methods (darker lids and highlighted brow bones, or bright lids with deep creases, defining outer-v, lined under the eyes, etc. . ..).

The texture and shine of these shadows are lovely. The shine is delicate, but very brightening and light-catching. I think this kind of texture is more naturally flattering than a lot of heavily shimmery/glittery shadows out there. The look is one of luminous, vibrant skin, not showy glitter, which is perfect for both every day and the evening.

These shadows are also highly blendable. They don't just grab blotchily onto the skin or smear about in a mess of muddy color. The powders glide on and shift and move effortlessly under a brush, making shadow application very quick and pleasant, rather than tedious (which can be the case with other shadows).

I got Naked 2 instead of Naked because I have rosy, porcelain skin, and grays suit me better than tans and browns. Still, the golden tones in Naked 2 have worked great for me, and they blend just fine with the cool shades in the palette. Foxy (creamy, matte bone shade) can be used under the eyes to help conceal circles.

If any person were trying to create a simple, but versatile makeup collection, or save money but get a lot, I'd recommend this palette. You get a great selection of high quality, versatile shades that don't take up much space, and the price is reasonable. $50 is a fair bit to shell out at one time, but this palette is worth it, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by spyral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think Naked 2 is Naked 1's sophisticated sister. I never bought Naked 1 simply because it was just too warm for my rosy skin. Nor was I a fan of the overwhelming amount of sparkle. Naked 2 is just perfect. It's a lovely balance or warm and cool shades. I always use a matte highlight and liner so it was like Urban Decay read my mind when the included Foxy and Blackout. I have used every single color and though some complain about Chopper being too sparkly, I think it's gorgeous as a lid color. I also gravitate towards Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol and Busted. Booty call is great in the inner corners of the eye. My only disappointment would be Tease. It's so pretty in the palette but fails to perform on the skin. Verve and YDK are super pearly but will be fantastic for evening looks. The brush is not the greatest but the lip gloss is fab. All in all, one of the best palettes I've ever purchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by angieliddiard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am just starting out my makeup collection and this was my first big purchase. I was debating on whether I should get the original Naked Palette or Naked2 and decided to go with the new palette. I didn't know much about either one but I knew the 2 would sell out quickly and wanted to get my hands on it while I could. I'm in love! I can't believe how smooth the colors go on and the rich colors I get. I can't compare it to the first because I don't have it but I am so happy with this and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

It's alright. I think I prefer the original Naked Palette more. There are some really gorgeous shades like YDK and Busted but every time I go to use this palette, somehow I find it hard to create an everyday look with these colors. Although it is perfect for dramatic smokey eye looks. Also, the original palette contained Naked and Buck which were more suitable blending crease colors than Tease for my skin tone. I've only had this palette for a week but I think I need to play with it more to really fall in love with it.