October 30, 2014 | 1564 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by pinkylipstx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This palette is very elegant large mirror the naked gloss that comes with it is very pretty. I use this palette with my original naked palette because it more fun i do have to say the brush it comes with is not good quality! Make sure you have better quality brushes! Other thrn that i totally recommend this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I give up. Naked 2 is still way too warm for my cool coloring. Urban Decay does not care us pale girls with cool/pink undertones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush is absolute crap. It's scratchy, feels synthetic, doesn't pick up color well. It's a throw away. The eyeshadow itself is the lovely, pigmented, easy to use and blend quality that I've come to expect from UD. To me it's just as shimmery as Naked 1, but the colors are toned down a little so it seems more workday appropriate. I really like Chopper and didn't find the fallout to be excessive, but I tap a lot of the glitter off before applying. I haven't tried the lip color yet, I'm sure it's fine. I like the tin packaging, it feels more secure. I wish it had come with a liner, not the terrible brush, especially since it cost more than Naked 1. I'm NW20 and I can see myself using this set more than Naked 1. I wish it had more matte medium shades for blending, but I supplement with other palettes and it all works out fine. So far I haven't disliked any shades, but it was sheer laziness to put halfbaked in again. It's a nice enough color but I don't need two of them, and it doesn't seem to fit in this set as well as 1. I'd get this set again before buying Naked 1 again. I've been using Naked 1 for over a year without hitting pan on anything, so I'm set on eyeshadow for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this palette every day for about a week, and I have no complaints. The shades are so diverse, yet coordinated, that you can use pretty much any shade with any other and make a great look. The shades and textures also lend themselves well to emphasizing the eyes with different methods (darker lids and highlighted brow bones, or bright lids with deep creases, defining outer-v, lined under the eyes, etc. . ..).

The texture and shine of these shadows are lovely. The shine is delicate, but very brightening and light-catching. I think this kind of texture is more naturally flattering than a lot of heavily shimmery/glittery shadows out there. The look is one of luminous, vibrant skin, not showy glitter, which is perfect for both every day and the evening.

These shadows are also highly blendable. They don't just grab blotchily onto the skin or smear about in a mess of muddy color. The powders glide on and shift and move effortlessly under a brush, making shadow application very quick and pleasant, rather than tedious (which can be the case with other shadows).

I got Naked 2 instead of Naked because I have rosy, porcelain skin, and grays suit me better than tans and browns. Still, the golden tones in Naked 2 have worked great for me, and they blend just fine with the cool shades in the palette. Foxy (creamy, matte bone shade) can be used under the eyes to help conceal circles.

If any person were trying to create a simple, but versatile makeup collection, or save money but get a lot, I'd recommend this palette. You get a great selection of high quality, versatile shades that don't take up much space, and the price is reasonable. $50 is a fair bit to shell out at one time, but this palette is worth it, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by spyral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think Naked 2 is Naked 1's sophisticated sister. I never bought Naked 1 simply because it was just too warm for my rosy skin. Nor was I a fan of the overwhelming amount of sparkle. Naked 2 is just perfect. It's a lovely balance or warm and cool shades. I always use a matte highlight and liner so it was like Urban Decay read my mind when the included Foxy and Blackout. I have used every single color and though some complain about Chopper being too sparkly, I think it's gorgeous as a lid color. I also gravitate towards Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol and Busted. Booty call is great in the inner corners of the eye. My only disappointment would be Tease. It's so pretty in the palette but fails to perform on the skin. Verve and YDK are super pearly but will be fantastic for evening looks. The brush is not the greatest but the lip gloss is fab. All in all, one of the best palettes I've ever purchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by angieliddiard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am just starting out my makeup collection and this was my first big purchase. I was debating on whether I should get the original Naked Palette or Naked2 and decided to go with the new palette. I didn't know much about either one but I knew the 2 would sell out quickly and wanted to get my hands on it while I could. I'm in love! I can't believe how smooth the colors go on and the rich colors I get. I can't compare it to the first because I don't have it but I am so happy with this and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

It's alright. I think I prefer the original Naked Palette more. There are some really gorgeous shades like YDK and Busted but every time I go to use this palette, somehow I find it hard to create an everyday look with these colors. Although it is perfect for dramatic smokey eye looks. Also, the original palette contained Naked and Buck which were more suitable blending crease colors than Tease for my skin tone. I've only had this palette for a week but I think I need to play with it more to really fall in love with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

I really love my palette! I like the cooler tones compared to Naked 1. All of the colors are soft and go on pretty well. I wish this came with a miniature Primer Potion rather than the lipgloss which is pretty useless but tastes like mint chocolate cookies none the less. It would have been even better if there was more color variance- lots of similar colors. I do love them though :) ***Edit!! I still treasure my palette, but I just took a lippie off because I notice that the darker shadows kind of creep to my below area after hours and I have never experienced this with ANY eyeshadow- cheap or expensive! it's so weird! I do love the colors half baked, and ydk!! all the colors are so elegant and high quality!! Also, the Blackout black color pulls navy blue on me and that makes me kinda sad. I also LOVE the brush it came with and the super durable case :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

Ok, I hated the original NAKED, but now that I have this... my feelings are quite mixed...

I do like this better because it has more mattes. However, the mattes do leave a little more to be desired. The original NAKED eyeshadow consistencies were much more buttery than those of the new one. The matte black is a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT. It is just as bad as MAC's Carbon... [Sugarpill's Bulletproof is the best black I've tried thus far!]

I am used to smoother textures, but they do the job. The blending brush it comes with is not so bad, the shader brush on the other hand is garbage.

I'm not a fan of the eyeshadow shade Chopper, since it has larger glitter-bits in it. The colors are quite similar than the original, so I recommend one or the other. Both is NOT necessary at all... but I much prefer the cooler tones for my NC30 skin.

LOVE the packaging for this one. I hated the velvet flocking on the original - I would always have to clean off my hands after applying cream foundations or liquid products before picking this up, and it collected dust like no other!

The Naked gloss it came with was a happy surprise. I def. like it - a MLBB gloss for sure. Barely sticky, but I've experienced higher quality glosses that aren't sticky at all with the same amount of shine from MUFE. Still, this was definitely not as sticky as drugstore counterparts or juicy tubes.

Worth having if you are a beginner in need of a neutral collection. Nice for on the go. I'm more used to dramatic looks, but I have to learn to tone it down for daily/career wear... so I am reluctant to like this as much as I should, but I do admit it is worth having if you don't have a large collection or are in need of a gift to give to someone just starting. I'm just used to building my own palettes, so the idea of preset palettes have yet to completely "WOW" me just yet.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this pallete has been described pretty well already, so I wont go into that but here is my two cents... I have both naked and naked2 and feel they are different enough to make it worth owning both. I am fair with yellow undertones and I can use all of the shades, there arent any that look odd (like buck and naked did on me). I have been pulling shades from both palettes to make different looks but this palette is also great by itself. There are so many options in this new palette, if you are debating which one to get I would say this one because it will suit more skin tones.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No