October 24, 2014 | 1926 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by abjo17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

If like me, you're not really into the 2-inch-orange-face-caked-with-foundation kinda look then you should definitely try this foundation at least!
I recieved a sample free with Glamour Magazine, like a miracle it was in my shade, so I cut the sample in half to make it last 2 days... :) and then the next day nearly RAN to my nearest Chanel counter to buy the full size product.
No kidding it's pricey, I sort of bit my lip and hung my head in shame when the lady said '£31 please'. argh! ..but oh is it absolutely worth spending the money on!!!!!!!
For me, this is my go-to every day foundation. It's so effortlessly light it feels like your not wearing any make-up, which makes me feel so much more natural.
Definitely recommend this foundation for people who want good coverage but still for the skin to look naturally beautiful.
LOVE THIS! :) <3

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Yasmin300

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't say this foundation is my HG because it gives slightly less coverage than I would like it to have, however it is great in the way that it looks like skin and not like you are wearing makeup. It is a dream to apply because it has such a smooth texture that blends in really easy with fingers, which is the method recommended by Chanel SAs. It provides a decent match for my skin tone, just a tad too dark but i find a colour match difficult is with this foundation. It does provide a 'dewy' finish but it still looks natural, however beware if you have dry skin I wouldnt reccomend this as it does cling to dry areas, and I do use quite a generous amount of moisturiser beforehand. I would buy this product again as it is the best foundation i have found for myself yet, however if i find something I like better I wouldnt rebuy due to the hefty price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by TaxDollar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to admit...I don't WANT to love this foundation but I can't help it...I do! It's so expensive and the package is just SO small. I don't use it often for these reasons. Rarely enough that in between use, I forget how much I do love it. When I finally get around to using it again, I am consistently blown away at how flawless and dewy it makes my skin look. My only wish is that it gave slightly more coverage and was cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to be honest with you, I don't own this foundation. I went to the counter and was matched up and given two sample packets of this stuff. One sample lasts at least three or four applications! I matched up to BR10- Beige Rose- Pastel. It is probably the best match for my fair skin tone I have ever seen. The formula is superb because it's not thick or cakey yet offers a lot of coverage. It dries matte. It has a lovely scent. You just know putting this on that it's expensive! Here's a product that actually delivers what it markets to do- "Ultra Light Skin Perfecting Makeup with Instant Natural Radiance" is the perfect description.

Cost: $45 for 1 oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by TheMakeUpMaster

This product is perfect for the summer it gives the perfect natural glow that everyone wants it is also perfect if your someone who doesn't like the feel on foundation on your skin and i feel it gives slightly more coverage than it says.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by AmandaBMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have #10, #20 & #30 for my kit and personally use #30. I really like this base, it mixes beautifully with other products has a light but not insubstantial coverage. It blends really well into the skin.
It has a great buildable coverage, it is just a really well performing lightweight base- I would say this would work for all skin types but if you have an extreme type (EG: very oily, very dry) then use a primer to your specific skin type to effectively customise your base.
I will definitely be re-purchasing, it is a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Kfly89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is really really nice! Especially paired with the Chanel Soliel product they have. Makes my face look perfect and flawless. I saw a lot of youtube people using this product and I really liked how it looked on their skin so I tried it out at the Chanel counter in Macy's.

Definitely worth the money, and you don't need that much to cover your face so it should last for a couple of months!

Covers up my acne scarring, and covers up all the redness on my forehead.

People kept staring at my perfect skin as I walked by them at the mall.

Truly AMAZING!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by amynovak

Oh how I wanted to love this!

I purchased it wanting a light coverage foundation. I have fairly good skin, occasional breakouts but nothing too terrible. I wanted a light base to even out my skin tone.

After a few days I had broken out in tiny red bumps all over my cheeks and chin! When I do break out, it is often on my nose, NEVER on my cheeks.

I wish I was able to return this considering the high cost.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by hippiebee114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I love that this great foundation comes in a superlight colour called pastel b15. It's the lightest colour and it's almost translucent. I have seborrhoeic dermatitis and this foundation is great for my skin. Doesn't make my dermatitis more flaky and dry and doesn't make my oily cheeks more oily.
The foundation is light and airy. You can't feel it and see it on your skin (which is great!). It just looks like a beautiful veil over your face.
If you like heavy coverage or a matt foundation you better
not buy this one. I use it with my dr. Hauschka translucent looose face powder and it works like a charm. Looks like I have nothing on my face and it has double staying power with the powder over it.
I have to say this foundation feels a lot like the dr.Haushka translucent foundation.Here in Europe the dr. haushka is a lot cheaper (€17,95) then the Chanel vitalumiere aqua (€38,00). I would say the dr. Hauschka works as good and since it is a lot cheaper I would definitely go for that one (especially since it has more natural ingredients then the Chanel, which is stuffed with chemicals).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by crossingbridges

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this. Gives a beautiful sheer coverage and applied over Smashbox's photo finish primer in green, last all day. It truly gives a second skin appeal, lasts me all day with a bit of Clinique stay matte power dabbed on top. I do occasionally get a bit oily after about 5 hours but considered the lightness of this foundation that's pretty good. I have this in BR10 and it matches my fair skin wonderfully, no one can even tell I am wearing makeup! It has a very soft smell to it that is a little strange at first but over time you don't even notice it anymore. I love the sleekness of the bottle and how it's not the heavy glass Chanel usually uses. The only thing is that you have to SHAKE the bottle really well or it will come out very watery and unappealing. Overall a great foundation that I would repurchase!