MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 2/25/2011 1:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have tried many foundations and this one is by far the BEST! It has great coverage and lasts a long time on your face, especially in combination with a makeup setting spray. A lot of foundations I've tried either don't last very long, don't have good coverage or go on unevenly. This does none of those bad things. I was excited to try this and let me say, I will NEVER buy another foundation again. It's quite pricey, but very much worth the $30 you'll spend. It makes your face look matte and smooth which for me is everything I want in a foundation.

on 2/24/2011 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING foundation! I've tried many liquid foundation before, almost all making my fact ghostly in pictures, however this doesn't! For me, it has the perfect coverage! It doesn't hide my natural skin but still gives me a nice color. Like all liquid foundation, I recommend setting it with powder. If you're worry of it being too heavy if you set it with powder (like me), try the mac select sheer powder. LOVE LOVE LOVE this product, can't go without it!

on 2/24/2011 6:40:00 PM

I am already on my second bottle, i LOVE this foundation, I was previously using MUF. I break out extremely easy and consider my skin combination. If applied right this foundation will last longer than half of the day and does not feel heavy and looks flawless when you set it with powder. I always get compliments on my skin and I like the concealer just as much expect not being able to open the cap in case i pump too much out.

Oh boy... I thought this was THEE Holy Grail...Two months into it, and my face is broken out SO BAD with those under the skin lumpy breakouts that won't even come to a head, and they keep coming back when you think they're gone. Cystic acne!!! It also caused little zits all over my chin and around my mouth... It was awful, and it ruined my skin. :(

I got it cleared up twice already by stopping usage, and at night my face settles down, but I put this stuff on and it just erupts all over again. I should add that I am NEVER sensitive, and can use pretty much any makeup without breakouts. For me, it is always about matching color and the feel, and the wear of the foundation that I'm after. I don't like how MAC Studio Fix gets oily, and makes my face look ruddy, or I would use that daily. Plus in winter I like a liquid for better coverage.

This foundation blends into my skin perfectly, and makes my face look awesome! I use the Laura Mercier oil free primer first, and it glides on with the MAC foundation brush. Then I use MAC blot powder to set it. So, what I've decided to do, is go look for a daily foundation, and only wear this on weekends or special occasions. The breakout is the worst I think I have ever had since I was a teenager. I am 42 and no way am I interested in having my face look this crappy. BEWARE! ...and DAMN YOU Prescriptives, for leaving me screwed by jumping the shark!!!

(NC40 in this foundation, C4 in Studio fix, Medium in MAC blot powder)

on 2/22/2011 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation because it STAYS PUT! I work under bright lights and have really oily skin but with or without a primer it stays matte and fabulous!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i wear this foundation all the time and it has to be one of the best foundations ive ever tried! I can rely on it to stay in place all day without moving and not give me a cakey look. I will keep buying this product for as long as they make it. I would reccommend this to anyone, it really is the perfect foundation.

on 2/20/2011 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After purchasing Studio Fix Fluid, I decided to get this. SFF in my color (NC42) was way too orange for me. The texture was too heavy so I decided to get Pro Longwear. The associate tried NC42 and NC40 on me. I usually wear NC42 but NC40 was the perfect match. It definitely does what it says, this product is very long lasting.

on 2/20/2011 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For reference I'm nc42-44 with very strong yellow undertones. Combo winter, more oily summer. Acne prone.

I purchased this when it first came out and have been using it ever since so I think this would be a fair review. I use this foundation 5-6 days a week..5 for sure. I needed a foundation that would last all day long and not transfer (I'm a dental hygienist, wear a mask all day long and my makeup transfers). I have tried many foundations, and when I heard about this I really wanted to try it. When I look for a foundation I look for 1.staying power - does it last my workday? 2. oil control. 3. finish - I like satin finishes. 4. medium coverage ..and I have to stay this delivers on all levels. Plus it doesn't break me out!

Application: I use the elf flat powder brush because I love using flat buffer brushes for foundations as I can really buff it in. .I chose to use this brush over my favourite sigma f80 because the foundation stains brushes and I can not stand to see stained brush it just looks dirty (elf is black synthetic bristles I believe). I spritzed fix+ on my brush as this foundation sets very quickly and can be a bit tricky to use if you are not quick enough so thus I use fix+ for more maneuverability. Then I take a small bit on my brush and start on one cheek working quickly. It takes 1 pump and a smidge to do my whole face. I then use mac prolongwear concealer in the same shade (I like that it's the exact same colour!) and set with nars loose which is my fav powder to use with this. I have tried using mac msfn but it wasn't AS nice as my nars loose. I apply my makeup at 6:30 and it stays on all day! Now I still get a little transfer on my masks but very minimal and it must be the nars powder mostly.

Oh I wanted to mention that I have very very strong yellow asian undertones and so does this foundation (atleast in my shade) so be aware if you are aren't as yellow as my jaundice face lol

I also want to mention that you need a really really good cleanser because this foundation is almost like a stain. I like to use mac cleanse off oil an it removes nicely.
Overall, I will definitly repurchase this again.

on 2/20/2011 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and just played with it at first. It isn't full coverage BUT full coverage can be achieved if you continue to layer it. The MAC rep matched my complexion PERFECTLY so it blends right in with my color. Last night I finally had the chance to test it out for its longevity. YESSS it works!!! I was at a lounge and was sweating profusely cause of all the body heat and drinks I had...lol. When I went to the bathroom, this foundation was exactly where I put it. It remained flawless throughout the night. I didn't wear it for 15 hours, but if it was able to withstand my sweat, I am pretty sure it will be able to handle a non-sweaty day for the 15 hours.

***I pair this with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural to set the foundation.

***Last but not least, you must wait for the foundation to dry, which doesn't take long unless your in hot temp.

on 2/19/2011 1:34:00 AM

I purchased this foundation about a month ago. I don't use it everyday... but it's my "special occasion" foundation. I use a TM daily. I must admit, I was quite hesitant to re-purchase a MAC foundation, because of previous break outs. So far, I LOVE this product. The finish is fabulous and very natural looking!!! I'm tempted to start using daily. As far as the staying power of this foundation, it stays put!! My face doesn't look different after 10 hours of wearing this foundation!! It's amazing!! Sometimes, I go to sleep and still have it on in the morning (I know that's terrible for my skin). Also, MAC considers it medium coverage... but it honestly doesn't feel like I'm wearing TONS of makeup. Considering I wear a TM daily, making the switch to this for those "special occasions" doesn't feel as though I'm wearing heavy heavy makeup which I think is great as well!
I would definitely try this one out!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials