MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 3/4/2011 4:30:00 PM

I'm an NC25 in MAC and have oily with dry patched skin. I've always had black/white heads and mild acne here and there with no luck with getting rid of the heads due to my huge pores.

It was between the ProLongwear and MUFE HD for me but ProLongwear won due to the extra long wear on my skin. MUFE was a better colourmatch though since it was more yellow based. This NC25 runs more orange than SFF! PLW is between matte and dewy so it's great for my combo skin. The longwear formula also prevents my face from becoming a greaseball in an hour. Not kidding. SFF literally ran off my face in an hour, leaving it gleaming with grease. MAC Mineralize liquid also did the same thing. It has happened with every other cheap/expensive foundation I've tried--SFF was just the worst. With PLW my skin can now remain normal looking FOR HOURS, with a blot half way through the day. I have not broken out any more than usual without makeup. When it's winter I have to mix in foundation with moisturizer due to the dry patches on my face. I don't need to do any of that when it's warmer and my skin isn't drying up like crazy.

Coverage is definitely not full but that is enough for me since I like looking a bit more natural. It does cover my blackheads and works really well with the oily/dry skin so no complaints here! I've finally found something close to HG for my skin since nothing liked staying on my skin without running off in oil, or being so matte it makes the dry patches worse (even when mixed with moisturizer). It would have been perfect if it was more yellow instead of orange based.

It takes a bit of work to get this foundation off. Even with me touching my face all day long, it's still there and needs to be washed off!

on 3/2/2011 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I recently just purchased the MAC Pro-Longwear SPF 10 Foundation to see if it really did what everyone said (last ALL DAY) and wow were they right! I have the color in NW30 and I must say, it is alot more watery then my other MAC foundations but it really is great so far. This foundation, along with all my other MAC foundations have not made me break out which I love. I applied it around 9 o clock in the morning and it is now 8 in the evening and all of it is STILL ON! Ive been touching my face all day, taken a nap and it still remained on my face! I LOVE it! I cannot believe how well it stays put! I will def be purchasing this in the future when I run out! :D

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros:
-this is a nice foundation
-does last well
-does not need to be set with powder because it dries fast and to a matte / semi-matte finish, although I do set mine with Mac Mineralize Skinfinish powder (light medium)
-haven't noticed it to oxidise on me.

Cons:
-Tough to remove, kinda of like Estee Lauder's Double Wear

Shade:
-I use NC25 and it does seem slight darker but still fine, especially with summer on the doorstep
-Other foundation shades I use are Sand and Tawny in double wear although the nc 25 would be somewhere in between
-Bourjois healthy mix in 52
-Sassy minerals in olive medium, or golden medium for the summer
-There are so many others I use, but I just cannot remember them all of the top of my head! :)

on 2/28/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

UPDATE: For some reason this foundation is a bit to sticky for me, I don't understand why :( I just hate the application of this foundation. I do moisterize before and everything.. But for some reason it ends up looking cakey and doesn't wanna move around when I want to blend..

Over all I LOVE this foundation. I feel like I finally found a foundation that lasts and matches me real well ! It truly lasts all day, I put it on around 9 AM, it lasts me till about 10 PM, however I do touch up in between. I have oily skin isn't so bad compared to others. About 3-4 hours outside, you might need to touch up THAT'S IF you really want to stay MATTE all day. Coverage is medium, but with their studio fix concealer, full is achievable since thats how I do it. I do have acne, a lot !

I mix NC 42 + NC 45, their color for this line is a bit lighter than their others but truly I love this foundation. But if Estee lauder double wear had a color that matched my skintone, I'D PURCHASE in a heart beat LOL.

on 2/26/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I actually got a very generous sample of this from the MAC counter in NC30. I've been using it for a while now, so that tells me that I don't need to use very much to cover what I need to cover. It has medium, natural coverage. The finish isn't matte but it isn't dewy, either. It just looks like my face is clean, if that makes sense.

I'm extremely happy that it doesn't oxidize on me like SFF did, and the finish is less mask-like. You have to work quickly, but it is a bit more forgiving than Revlon CS. Applies well with a flat top brush (like SK) or a damp sponge. It is pretty good with oil control, although I still like to blot at least once a day for good measure.

on 2/26/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a real foundation junkie- and this foundation is one of my favorites! Although it is light on the skin and not very thick, it gives quite good coverage for someone with bad acne scarring. It definitely has one of the best staying powers- even better than revlon colorstay's power. It controls oil pretty well and lasts longer on the skin than most foundations! However, this product is not great if my skin becomes dry as it excentuates the dry spots. FOR OILY SKIN ONLY! Keep in mind the prolongwear line's shades run about 2 shades darker so either go to a counter and try them out or order atleast one shade up! beautiful finish- highly recommended!

on 2/25/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I think this is expensive for what you get.

The colour can oxidize, there is a pump dispenser whic if it gets stuck .. and mine did, will mess up the whole bottle. Do not try to open this and remove the pump.

the texture of the colours is ok. not great -- but doesn't cover as it should. It is priced way too high for the tiny bottle you get.

I don't see this as a good foundation but rather mediocre at best. Would not repurchase.

on 2/25/2011 1:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have tried many foundations and this one is by far the BEST! It has great coverage and lasts a long time on your face, especially in combination with a makeup setting spray. A lot of foundations I've tried either don't last very long, don't have good coverage or go on unevenly. This does none of those bad things. I was excited to try this and let me say, I will NEVER buy another foundation again. It's quite pricey, but very much worth the $30 you'll spend. It makes your face look matte and smooth which for me is everything I want in a foundation.

on 2/24/2011 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING foundation! I've tried many liquid foundation before, almost all making my fact ghostly in pictures, however this doesn't! For me, it has the perfect coverage! It doesn't hide my natural skin but still gives me a nice color. Like all liquid foundation, I recommend setting it with powder. If you're worry of it being too heavy if you set it with powder (like me), try the mac select sheer powder. LOVE LOVE LOVE this product, can't go without it!

on 2/24/2011 6:40:00 PM

I am already on my second bottle, i LOVE this foundation, I was previously using MUF. I break out extremely easy and consider my skin combination. If applied right this foundation will last longer than half of the day and does not feel heavy and looks flawless when you set it with powder. I always get compliments on my skin and I like the concealer just as much expect not being able to open the cap in case i pump too much out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials