MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

This stuff is amazing. You can wear it all day long, it doesn't budge. Even when the weather gets hot! I do recommend using Fix+ spray underneath the foundation as it can be a bit drying. This is my everyday foundation because it lasts all day and makes my skin look perfect :) try it!

Hands down the best foundation I've ever tried! I've been using this product for about 6 months now and it's never once broken me out (I have mostly normal skin). I apply it with MACs 187 brush and it looks so natural! I find that it is a matte finish on my skin which I don't usually like, but unlike other matte foundations it doesn't look flat. It has awesome lasting power - I wear it from 7am until 6pm on a college day and my skin still looks perfect without the need to touch up (which is good because I find touching up a pain). It dries pretty fast so you need to work with it quickly but because of that it doesn't transfer at all! I find blush and eye shadows a lot easier to apply over this foundation and the colour of them pops more. I set it with MACs Careblend powder and my skin really does look perfect (which it's not)! No need for primer or concealer when I wear this either. I will continue to buy this over and over, definitely HG!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a love/hate product for me.
What I love:
* It lives up to it's description Pro Longwear because it definitely lasts throughout the day on my oily skin
*The packaging- I totally love the pump on this product. Every liquid foundation should have one by now!
What I hate:
*It feels like a thick mask on my face! I don't touch my face much because it is oily and I don't want blemishes- but I notice that when the foundation dries, the texture of my skin is totally different, very stiff.
* This is definitely a full coverage foundation and I find it very hard to put on bronzer and/or blush. Nothing blends well over this foundation! Once it dries there's not much else that will go over it.

I wish that it was a bit more blendable and had more of a lightweight feeling.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The best of the MAC foundations, that's for sure. However, they don't make NW15 and NC15 was a little too yellow for my skin, otherwise, I'd have loved it. It helped with my oily skin, though it dried out the 'dryer' parts of my face and made them flakey. Bleh. MAC almost got me, but unortunately the color didn't work out.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is becoming one of my favorite foundations. I purchased this in NC25 after having received a sample in a swap of NC30 (too dark/orange). The NC25 is a close to perfect match. I apply this with a beautyblender, and it provides medium to full coverage that lasts ALL day/night. I set this with the MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. This foundation provides a semi-matte finish, and I find myself having to use oil absorbing sheets much less often than I had to with other foundations. I have had no problems with this foundation settling into fine lines, and have had no problems with break-outs when using this foundation.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

On the fence about this one. Mostly because the colours simply aren't working for me. Bought NC30 blindly (the muas in the Mac store I usually visit are mostly incredibly rude/bored, so I rather do my homework and grab & pay...) and it turned a not so flattering shade of orange. I gave this to my mother who has a completely different skincolour, but it works ok for her. Got NC 25 a bit later, and although its better because it's lighter, it still turns orange. Dunno whassupwith the off colours, but that is the main reason why I wouldn't buy it again. It's quite heavy coverage, so I can't get away with it not exactely matching my colouring. Argh.
I apply it with a damp sponge, which is in my opinion the best way to make this look somewhat natural. If the colours were better (like they are for me with every other mac foundation) I might buy this again, although you really have to pay attention when putting it on, otherwise: awful mask face. The pros are that it conceals wel and it really does stay put on for a long time, which is good for clubbing in bad lighting, so no one can see my orangey complexion ;). All in all it's not impressed me.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Am in the minority here since I do not like this foundation. This foundation is difficult to blend and dries too quickly. Once dried, it is not movable, and it is a nightmare to try to correct it !!! Wet sponge does not move it. It is quite ok on my cheeks, but on my T zone where I have larger pores, I have to work harder to blend it (not to settle into pores or streak), but I really do not have enough time for it. It tends to end up patchy around my Tzone, or cakey. SO this is really frustrating for me because I really wanted to like this foundation.
THe coverage is medium and does a good job evening out my face tone, 1 lippe. THe foundation once set does last the whole day, 2 lippes. The pump is nice and the color match was ok, so 3 lippes. Alas...it stops here.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first MAC foundation purchase, so I was really hoping this product would deliver for its $55 price tag (Australia)
I'm tanned with yellow undertones, so NC42 matched me PERFECTLY! It's really hard to find the right foundation shade with a drugstore brand here in Australia, because seriously, most of them have pink undertones and/or the colour range is really limited. Like none for tanned people.
I have acne and a lot of acne scars, and this foundation really did cover up! And the foundation really didn't budge even with my extremely oil producing t-zone, it's matte but my face did get a bit oily though with the nice dewy glow that you would want. The added SPF 10 was a plus too.
Unfortunately though, it broke me out. Not just the random odd pimple there, but FULL ON cysts. Every time I wore this foundation, I would find a new cyst on my face, and I seriously had worn this foundation to school every single day so my skin got pretty bad.

Lost 2 lippies because:
1. It broke me out.
2. It was expensive (for someone still in highschool)

I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't have sensitive skin or acne-prone skin. I really wish that it could've worked with my skin though since it was $55...

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really wanted to love this foundation. The medium coverage is very buildable and the finish is flawless. The lasting power is amazing, well over 10 hours in heat. The foundation mattifies upon drying so there is no real need for blot papers. The pricing is pretty reasonable at $30USD for 1 fl. oz. This foundation was literally perfect. on paper. After 3 weeks of usage, this product really clogged up my already huge oily pores causing me to break out horribly. While it is a great foundation, it just isn't meant for people with oily, acne prone skin like myself. I will not be repurchasing, unfortunately.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was a faithful user of Revlon CS for a long time, but I eventually got sick of having to replace the bottle every 3 weeks due to the open-mouth bottle design that caused me to waste a great deal of the product. (While CS is cheaper than PL, it ends up costing more in the long run due to how much more frequently it has to be purchased.)

I decided to try MAC PL after reading glowing reviews on here, and quickly realized that the decision was a great one! PL blends smoothly, lasts all day, and never feels heavy or greasy. I treated myself to the Careblend pressed powder in light, which makes for a heavenly finish that never looks cakey or fake.

One warning: as a few other reviewers have already discovered, the colors for PL do NOT match their counterparts in Studio Fix. I am an NW20 in Studio Fix and also for Studio Finish concealer, but the NW20 shade in PL was too dark and orange for my skin. The NC15 shade turned out to be the one for me in PL. Anyone considering buying this should get color-matched, even if they have used MAC foundations in the past.

Overall, though, this is a wonderful product, and while the price is higher than CS, one bottle lasts for ages, which is more than can be said for CS.

Video Reviews & Tutorials