April 24, 2014 | 1898 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by coconut_ball

I really like this foundation so far. However it is because my skin is in fairly good condition (no acne or bumps so far). I do have old acne scars but not a lot so if you want more coverage, try estee lauder double wear (i love the coverage but it broke me out every time). With that said, i like Pro longwear a lot. You can build up the coverage and use it with a good concealer.
I applied a tiny bit of Matt primer first. Then apply this foundation with my finger and set with the mineralized powder. It gives me a matte yet natural finish just how i like it and it stays matte for a long long time. (just notice i used all Mac products). It looks really beautiful.
My shade is NC 35 (a lil tiny bit light to me but the powder i have is dark so it is a perfect combo). It also feels light on my skin like i'm not wearing foundation.
Overall i think i might have found my perfect primer-foundation combo. I'll use it more to see if it's gonna break me out or not. finger crossed.
I think i'll ditch my MUFE HD for now.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Unfortunetly I had my hopes up with all the good reviews on this one but I am personally unimpressed because: 1. Felt very heavy and 'greasier' than any other MAC foundation..I found that an hour later my face was very oily even with powder..given that I do have oilier skin this may not be so bad for those with dry skin. 2. Didn't like the shade NW20 that I norrmally wear..was more orange than SFF and Select. 3.Hard to remove and my skin was noticely more borken out at end of day. It's not the worst foundation I've ever tried it..it does well to cover flaws and has a fairly even finish but I certainly wouldn't go out and buy it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by jlally112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Prolongwear has a similiar consistency to SFF but isn't as heavy or cakey. It dries fairly fast so work quickly and in sections for a flawless finish. It has moderate to medium coverage initially but can be built up for a more opaque look. The color range is different from other MAC foundations (it's a bit orangey) so be sure to go to a store or counter to get matched. It controls shine for up to 8 hours without blotting. It delivers a smooth finish and won't transfer onto clothes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand what all the hype is about. I tried this for one day and that was enough for me. First of all it took forever to apply. It's so streaky and cakey and simply does not blend. It dries soo fast that it leaves patches on the face, as if some parts of the face are darker than others or have more foundation on than others. It also takes a very long time to dry. And if you apply any setting powder on top of it, it feels like it's sticking to the foundation. As soon as I put on the PLW, I felt like immediately taking it off, as it just felt super disgusting on my face, like it was going to break me out or something. The PLW also doesn't provide much coverage, for such a heavy and sticky foundation. It also looks gross since it doesn't apply as smoothly as the SFF. I gave it 2 lippies b/c the staying power is incredible and lasts all day. I believe the people that said it lasted through naps and all. But I wouldn't wear it again after trying it for a day b/c it just FEELS like a mask. Also, beware that this foundation takes a lifetime to remove (since it doesn't budge on your face once applied). It took me like 25 minutes. It's hard to get rid of all of it, which is probably why some people have experienced breakouts from it. This kinda feels like Estee Lauder's DW foundation which I absolutely cannot stand b/c it makes you look "old people-ish." I think I'm going to stick with my SFF since its coverage is unsurpassed, and it's just a prettier foundation IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Is this foundation for real??? I still can't believe I apply it in the morning and at night it still looks great.
I never need to blot during the day anymore!!! My super oily T-zone is practicly non-existent when I use this foundation. I doesn't look heavy if I apply it with my fingers and I can still see my skin under it, which makes it very natural. The finish is matte, so no need to apply powder!
The pump offers excellent control over the quantity of product you get out, so you never waste anything (compared to the matching concealer!).
Go get this ASAP!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by EdotRich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I took the time to check this product out. I've been wearing this foundation for about two months and I have NO complaints so far. It's basically a keeper. Why?

1. I only have to touch up my foundation ONCE!...even without primer and just moisturizer underneath. This is pretty rare for me.

2. Initially...I thought this foundation would be too dark, because it appears to be dark in the bottle. BUT, I was pleasantly suprised after I applied it to my face and it dried. It was a great match!!!

3. Even though it dries pretty quickly (so you have to work with it quickly)...no streaking.

4. It last ALL-DAY. I have fallen asleep with a face full of makeup (bad, I know) and the foundation still looks great.

5. I love the way this foundation makes my skin look and feel. It does not feel like I have foundation on...which is great. My skin feels very soft and has a nice satiny finish.

6. The price! (LOL) $29.50 is not bad for foundatoin...especially when comparing to other brands such as NARS, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, Chanel, etc. I think it's worth the price.

7. I love any foundation that comes with a pump. More control in terms of how much product you use, so that you don't waste product.

8. I like that I can use my fingers. I prefer to use my fingers applying foundation. This is great for that.

9. You don't need a lot!

Verdict: Keeper. (NC45, by the way)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It's about time MAC comes out with a good foundation. I am a foundation whore I have over 15+ right now. I don't think I will be buying anymore anytime soon, this foundation is amazing it's med- heavy coverage and actually last like it says it does. I was skeptical to try this but after hearing raves about it on here i had to give it a shot! Amazing amazing amazing foundation, if your looking for buildable coverage and a foundation that really does last 12+ hours then try this one out!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by lpiao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lately I have been on the hunt for a good foundation. I never have the habit of wearing foundation, but in the past six months my face broke out in cystic acne. Now I feel very self concious about my skin.

Anyways, I like this foundation because
-The color matches very well
- It has pretty good coverage
- It does last all day, most foundations I have tried disappears by noon, my skin still looks good after an 8 hour day. I do not touch up during the day at all.
- I like the pump bottle, easy to control how much product gets out
- It does not feel thick or greasy on the skin
- Does not get cakey
- Most foundations highlights the dry patches on my skin, this does not
- My face does not feel dry with this on

I apply this with with my fingers or a foundation brush, it does set pretty quickly, so either apply a section at a time or you gotta work fast.

Do NOT wear this foundation if you plan on taking pictures, I wore it one day, and in my picture I looked like I had a floating head. In pictures, this makes you look very white, think ghostly white. This is really the only thing I do not like about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by miapark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the rare occasions in which a product actually does what it claims- Pro Longwear SPF 10 will actually stay on for 15hrs! And not only that, but your foundation (no blush, highlighter, etc.) will look exactly the same from when you put it on at 8AM to when you take it off at 11PM.

I gave this product a long test run, and I am in the shade NC20. The Pro Longwear line has a tendency to have an extremely strong yellow base in the NC shades, more so than is usual for MAC foundations. I am Korean, with fairly cool undertones and little yellow. However, I still found the yellow base was slightly overwhelming.

Aside from the shade, let's get on the actual product wear. I wore this through a very long working days, and was extremely impressed by the wear of the foundation. The foundation did not budge at all! It looked exactly the same at night when I took it off (~11PM) from when I put it on at (~8AM). I have a normal skin type, and found that the formula kept my face quite dry the entire. That said, if you're looking for a 'glowy' foundation, this is not the right one.

As I ran into the 8 hour mark though, I found that the foundation was pulling across my face a bit tightly, particularily when I smiled. It was as if the foundation was a sheet sitting just atop my skin, and it was being pulled like saran wrap overtop of a bowl. Yes, a strange analogy, but I think you get the picture.

Application wise, I would avoid fingers because I feel that it results in heavier coverage. I would use a big triangle sponge, first soaked in water and then squeezed. This will give you a light/medium coverage, and the water in your sponge will counteract some of the thickness. Foundation brushes will give you very full coverage, which may be over the top for daytime.

Overall, a very impressive foundation as it lives up to claims. Personally, I returned the item though because I did not like the look. The color was a bit orange for me. Price wise, in Canada at least, it is midlevel at $40.00 after all taxes. A comparable and less expensive alternative is Revlon Colorstay.

Warning: Do NOT set this with a powder! Please resist this urge to set with a powder because you do not need it. It will in fact make you look really overly powdery...not cute.

Positives--
1. Great wear, does not budge for hours on end!
2. Does not create shine as the day goes on
3. Excellent coverage, really no concealer needed
4. A happy inbetween of medium to full coverage
5. Good quality for a medium price level

Negatives--
1. You WILL feel like you are wearing foundation
2. It is obvious that you have makeup on. This is not a natural look, but also by no means so heavy that you will look caked up.
3. Seems to have some sort of sulfur or even clay base so that when you smile, it can make the makeup pull tightly across your face...
4. Thickness of foundation may clog pores

I would definitely recommend everyone give this one a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Rassberry88

Love this product! I bought it in NC20, this literally lasts from early in the morning to late at night, it blends in well with my skin better than other MAC foundations!!! Although I will say I find it a lot easier to apply this with my fingers rather than using the brush. This is definitely I will continue to purchase!