Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 6/21/2011 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

okay so after hearing all the rave reviews i decided to buy it.i didn't had any luck with the other 2 Bourjois foundations i bought in the past (matt lovely,bio detox) but this one looked better.

and it is,1st of all it smells absolutely amazing i could sniff it all day long, second it gives a medium to full coverage,which is perfect for me...
third it gives a semi matte finish which make me look healthy and radiant,but not oily.

i cannot say if this lasts for 16hr but it lasts 8 for sure!

it hasn't break me out!!!!!(yet)

on 6/20/2011 12:25:00 PM

This foundation applys like a dream, very soft and glowy effect. All the colours in range are definetly yellow based, and i having pink undertones dont actually mind this..it seems to neutralize it. The colour is almost a perfect shade match (Im NW20 and a shade 51 in this) I used to apply it with a elf powder brush but reach for a more conventional foundation brush when i need more coverage. It does cover discoloration, i'de say its a light-medium coverage foundation thats buildable, but i tend to need a concealer (Mac studio finish is perfect!) to cover blemishes. I set it all with a powder (Dream matte is good for this i find because it doesnt stop it looking natural and make it chalky and uneven) But i feel that i need to blot every couple of hours with this because i get oil breaking through making my nose very shiny.. even if i use with primer powder and setting spray. its such a shame because it looks so natural and beautiful, i think this would suit normal-dry skins a little better but if anyone knows how to help my problem let me know because i think this is an amazing foundation! This hasnt broken out my very acne prone, combo-oily, congested skin. For now i'll stick to BM but when i want to change it up i always go for this! Give it a go at the price (Around £10 i think) you cant really go wrong, watch out though is you have very very sensitive skin because i think this is perfumed.. very lightly! I think it smell gorgeous - like suncream!

on 6/15/2011 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have sensitive skin, which has flared up recently and driven me crazy so I had to throw away my old heavier foundation (EL double wear). I went back to this brand because I used to wear it with no angry skin related problems, and I was hoping to find this the case again. I chose shade 52 Vanille, which was a little too dark for me, but still blends rather well and doesn't leave my face looking dirty.

The Pros:
-It looks great and rejuvenates my dull looking skin (not blessed with that porcelain pale skin sadly, just the sickly looking kind)
-Smells divine, which makes me feel good when wearing it
-Applies great and lasts most of the day except on my nose but I'm a little red in that area so I often have to re-apply there during the day for that reason.

The Cons:
-Causes my skin to breakout quite badly after using for more than occasional wear.

on 6/14/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

1.Skin type – dry to normal/dry

2.Colours – limited amount of colours (about 6 I think) and they are all quite yellow-based. This is fine for me but maybe not for everyone...

3.Packaging – plastic bottle. Not very interesting but good because you can see how much product is left.

4.SPF – None.

5.Price - £9.99. Fantastic value for money. I would expect to pay more for such a good foundation.

6.Application – applied well with a foundation brush. Blended easily with no streaks. Smells divine.

7.Coverage – light to medium and buildable for areas that need more.

8.Finish – dewy to semi-matte depending on skin type.

9.Wear during the day – I have quite dry skin and this hasn't accentuated any dry areas or made my skin feel tight. My skin feels looked after all day.

10.Lasting power – dry skins probably do not need to powder for this to last nicely all day. Normal skins may want to lightly powder down the centre of the face.

I would recommend this foundation to anybody that has quite dry, young or relatively blemish free skin. I would not recommend to someone with an oily skin at all. Absolutely worth a try at such an amazing price. I will definitely be buying this again.

on 6/12/2011 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just bought this after seeing two positive reviews on YouTube. It gives a medium but natural coverage, smells lovely - like apricot. I have oily to combination skin and this smooths over my pores, keeps me fairly shine free and hasn't caused any breakouts. I'd highly recommend especially as it only costs £9.99!

on 6/7/2011 12:36:00 AM

I love this foundation so much. You can definitely tell that the parent company of bourjois is chanel, because the quality is just excellent. Very reasonably priced at $32 (for australia especially!) but I bought it half price at target :)

Their claims are: "Perfect coverage. Semi-matte finish. Oil-free. Tolerance tested dermatologically. Maintains essential skin hydration."
- love the coverage of this, I would say it is probably medium, leaning towards to sheer side, perhaps? Feels great on the skin, very lightweight, especially compared to other products such as BB cream which I can't stand the feel of!
- semi-matte finish, definitely, although I prefer my foundation to be on the dewy side I can't complain, it looks like a slightly more matte version of my skin, nothing unnatural. On a night out, however, I do need to powder.
- hydration wise, I don't feel that this product is drying at all.

It doesn't claim to be long-wearing, and my only gripe with it is that without a primer it's by the end of a day at uni (which is around maybe 10 hours?) But I'm sure if I powdered more often the staying power would be much better. The colour selection isn't huge either, they don't have colours that run particularly dark, I'm a 54/55 for reference, and that's already the second darkest shade (I have medium-dark skin)

Regardless, it's a beautiful foundation and I'm definitely going to buy this one again!

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

WOOF. I should have known better than to search so hard for this foundation. It's not available here in the US so I located it on eBay. Now I'm battling about a dozen small pimples on my forehead, paired with PMS chin breakouts. Needless to say, this was terrible for my combo skin. Color was a bit too warm for my NW20 skin (bought 52). Nice bottle, but it did not do me good. The product has a nice slip to it, I'm guessing it's got a high amount of silicones in it. I wish this would have worked for me but I do not break out on my forehead unless it's product-driven.

on 6/6/2011 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really think that Bourjois has the best drugstore foundations. The colour range is great for me, who has yellow-undertones in my skin. I don't know why people think it's hard to blend, I use my sigma F80 and it really blends nicely into the skin.

It has a nice coverage, and gives a really radiant appearance to the skin, which I love. I like a more dewy finish than a matte. It has a great staying power and is excellent as an everyday foundation to use.

on 6/5/2011 2:15:00 PM

pros:
- light and natural coverage
- fluid and easy to blend/apply
- good packaging: light plastic bottle that comes with a pump

cons:
- doesn't last long on my skin

overall:
i liked how it looked like when it was first applied on my skin but it doesn't stay on my combi-oily skin at all. by mid day, my skin was in a mess.

on 6/1/2011 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had so high hopes for this product but all i have to say is URGH! Not sure if i had a faulty product but the foundation itself is extremely watery and does not apply evenly at all even when applied with a brush. I tried this with different bases to make sure it just wasnt compatatible with my moisturiser/primer but nothing works! It makes my face feel dry and clings to the dryer areas and the colourings uneven! (and i use a decent moisturiser). Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Video Reviews & Tutorials