October 25, 2014 | 1053 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by SCL

I had read bad reviews about this but I actually quite like it, if I use one pump it's very sheer which I like but for more coverage I'll use two pumps. It smells lovely and blends well, I use an ELF brush to apply.
Pump action bottle is always good in my opinion and I like the label...!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a n10/15 and use #51 [Vanilla] in HEALTHY MIX.

When I first pumped some HEALTHY MIX onto my finger it looked a little darker then the tester (so annoying. Rimmel have also caught me out with this trick), but it’s really easy to blend into the skin.

HEALTHY MIX has a silky, semi-matt finish, so my skin is nice and glowy. Given my lacklustre skin tone, I think this is close to miraculous! Best of all: HEALTHY MIX feels light (despite the medum to full coverage), plus there are no patches of dry skin at the end of the day.

I love the glass bottle. It's very easy to grip. The price is about the same as most UK d/s brands now-a-days and for the quality of the product it's a bargin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 6:57:00 AM More reviews by CrystalBaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I quite like this stuff! Bought it yesterday on a whim. I got it in shade 153 (I'm mac NC30) and the colour is perfect...infact I actually like it better than nc30.....Good coverage,although i don't really have bad skin or anything, I get the occasional spot, but thats about it. Looks fairly dewy on the skin although not as much as the poster shows. I did a workout with it on yesterday and it still looked ok by the end. I've wore it to work today, and I haven't had to touch up at all, which is good. The only thing I will say about it, is it looks slightly 'drier' on my forehead, but not enough for me to not wear it. Overall, a good foundation thats cheap, cheap, cheap!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by 305beauty4ever

EDIT 3/24/10: I love this foundation but noticed a slight itchy feel after a couple of days so I returned it but it is nonetheless a great product. I went for the EA and have had no issues with that one. Just a slightly lighter feel for me as I hate to feel I have anything heavy on my face:
...........ORIGINAL: After reading the reviews I had to run out to Ulta and try it. I've been home with a broken foot for over a week so I just plopped down and tested this one, Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide Plump Foundation and Revlon's new PhotoReady..... It was a hard pick but I went with Healthy Mix because.......

1). The color matched better (Beige) than EA or the Revlon
2). It felt lightweight yet covered really well
3). It felt amazing even after a couple of hours
4). I loved the pump over the tub provided by EA
5). I also fell in love with the matching Compact Powder in Beige also

Now, my skin is finicky - large pores, dry in some spots on certain days, red some days, gray others.... a pimple now and then and at 42 (43 tomorrow - ugh!), a little too much cakiness in a foundation looks horrific.... so, let's see how this performs over a week or so and my skin's many, many mood changes.

The EA felt just as good but the color was slightly grayish but it was a close second.

The Revlon PhotoReady was just a tad bit drier looking and I was afraid after a couple more hours it would turn a bit more mask-y looking.

I also really liked the smell of this one. Smells good, a bit fruity yet clean and feels so amazing on my skin. I was tempted to try some others I've read about (like Chanel or Armani) but cannot afford to spend $60 on a foundation. Some day.....

I think this is a must-try.... just sit down at Ulta and play..... it was a great 2 hours of "me" time!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I bought this in shade 52 vanilla and absolutely love this foundation. I can finally say I found something that works. The color match is good and it doesn't turn orange on me. It blends super well, doesn't settle into pores and wrinkles. the finish is semi matt as it says on the bottle. The best about this foundation is that it looks and feels so natural. You won't look like you have a mask on...

I definitely recommend this especially in countries where it is cheap (not the case in my country :-(). I have also gone and purchased the gel version of this (with serum) and it is just as good..

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by VickyS169318

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

well i bought this yesterday even though i origionally wanted to buy revlon photo ready but its not in shops yet even though its on the boots website :(.
so i got this aswell as loreal true match which it is very similar too but not as yellow.
I gave this foundation 3 stars only because the colour isn't perfect but no foundation ive ever got is a pefect colour. I got the lightest shade which is light vanilla but it is very slightly to yellow/dark which looks okay in natural light but in artificial light it looks quite.. tanned.
the foundation has a pump wich is good and its very easy to apply as it is quite runny. The coverage is medium and definately not full like revlon colorstay which i didnt like because the coverage is so heavy it looks like a mask. The foundation dries matte with a slight dewiness but i still apply powder because i know later in the day it will look oily.Ive been wearing the foundation for about 6 hours now and it doesnt look too bad without re applying powder.
the foundation also looks very natural and applies coverage without looking heavy or fake .. would look better if the colour matched though so i won't buy this again because i hate it when my face looks darker than my neck...

p.s. the girl in the picture is very pale like me but they havnt got a foundation that pale.. even though she is supposed to be wearing it ???

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by crazy76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not a fan of bourjois products becouse most of the products I bought before were horrible and a complete waste of money.But when I saw this in an ad I felt like trying it so I went to my neares't beauty shop to buy it.I liked the texture and colour vanilla looked nice on me so I bought it.Colour range may not be great for many becouse its mostly yellow based ,but since I have yellow undertones no problem.I've been using it for a week and so far its great:looks weird at first but after a few minutes it dries to a semi matte satiny finish without looking too oily or dull which I hate and colour and formula overall blended easily with my skin.I would describe this as a medium but buildable coverage foundation and it evens out skin tone effectively.Comparing to other foundations I tried it lasts longer(more than 6 hours) but not more than that.
So far its really great and haven't experienced any problems.Since I tried a few high end foundations lately with dissapointing results this is really amazing considering the price I've paid so 5 stars all the way....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by fionahz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive, breakout-prone combo skin that can be very, very fussy when it comes to foundation. I've been wearing loose mineral foundation for a few years now and it was the first foundation I found that didn't make me break out. However, as I've turned 40, I've started to wonder if powder foundation isn't just a wee bit aging, and maybe I need a bit more moisture, so when I saw the Healthy Mix foundation at 50% off I thought I'd give it a try.

I've been using it now for two weeks and I think I can safely say that it doesn't break me out, even though it has a 'cone in it, which luckily I didn't know about before I bought it, because I would never have bought it at all. 'cones are not my friends.

As the other reviewers have said, Healthy Mix is a light liquid in a very nice pump pack. Only two small pumps provide plenty to do my face, neck and decolletage. It's easy to blend and despite its thin texture, it gives very good medium coverage. Depending on the humidity of the day, I sometimes put a dusting of Jurlique Silk Dust on my T-zone but otherwise the Healthy Mix is matte enough not to need it. Of course it is nowhere near as matte as my mineral foundation, but then that is what I wanted when I bought it. Another thing I really liked about mineral foundations is that they didn't make me itch, whereas it seemed that all other non-mineral foundations did, but the Healthy Mix doesn't make me itch at all!

I bought Light Beige and it blends to a pretty good match with my skin colour. To give you an idea of it's tone, I have also worn N2 in MAC Face and Body, Sand in Almay foundations, Frisky Chartreux in Meow Cosmetics and Medium Beige Neutral in Everyday Minerals.

Healthy Mix definitely does not last through a whole day at work, but I really don't expect any foundation to do that. It doesn't wear off in a patchy way, so it doesn't look as if my makeup is disappearing, it just looks like my skin,but better.

If my skin continues to like this stuff, I'll continue to buy it.

EDIT: Six months later I'm still using and still loving the Healthy Mix. My very fussy skin still hasn't broken out because of this and, don't tell anyone but I've even slept in it with no repercussions. Brilliant stuff and I hope they never ever discontinue it.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale recently for half price (AUD$16) and I am glad I didn't pay the full amount because I am disappointed in this. I've only worn this 3 times and already I can tell it's not going to work for my skin. I have an oily t-zone prone to acne and seborrheic dermatitis. Something in this seems to aggravate my oiliness/SD which means that if I put this on in the morning, by the afternoon it's looking greasy and patchy. This is a far cry from the 16 Hours of wear Bourjois promise with this! The marketing sounded so tempting:
"16 Hours - Perfectly glowing complexion and toned skin. Fruit Therapy. Radiance Boosting. Apricot - Radiance, Melon - Hydration, Apple - Anti-oxidant, Ginger - Energy. Perfect Coverage. Semi-matte finish. Oil free. Tolerance tested dermatologically. Maintains essential skin hydration"

Let me start with the good things about this foundation:
PROS:
--Perfect shade match for my NC20 skin. I am #51 Vanille Clair (Light vanilla) in this.
--Applies beautifully and easily. It just glides on. I used a damp sponge to pat this on but I think fingers or a skunk brush would also give great results.
--Coverage is decent without looking heavy or cakey. I would rate this as Medium coverage. It covered my redness and pores nicely.
--Fantastic packaging. Not only does this look attractive in it's slim bottle with the red and white text on it, it is super practical. Hoorah for plastic pump packaging!
--Finish is semi-matte as promised on the label. I have a bit of an oily t-zone so I set it with some powder but those with normal skin looking for a gorgeous radiant finish will love the look of this.

CONS:
--Staying power is my biggest problem with this. I got nowhere near the 16 hours of wear promised (notice they say "up to" 16 hours in the fine print? lol. When I apply this at 7am for work, I am in need of a blot by noon and I can see the foundation starting to dissolve. By 3pm the situation is dire: I would need a complete re-application as it has disintegrated into a patchy mess. Not even my beloved Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray can hold this stuff on!
--I'm not sure (I'd have to wear it for longer) but this may be aggravating my dermatitis. Those with sensitive skins should check the ingredients (I included a list below).
--Price. AUD$32 is kind of high for a drugstore brand. But this is going to vary depending on what country you're in.

Summary: this has a lot going for it but does not work for my skintype. I think someone with more normal skin would love it though. 3 Lippies from me and sadly I will not be repurchasing.

Ingredients:
Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum, Panthenol, Alcohol, Aluminum hydroxide, Silica, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Pyrus malus, Zingiber officinale, Prunus armeniaca, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007, CI 77891

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

Hmmm...I'm not too keen on this. Had high expectations because of all the fruit-extracts and oil-free formula this foundation has, but it just doesn't deliver for me.

For reference, I'm an NC35-40 with normal skin (sometimes gets oily in the t zone, but gets a bit dry in winter). I don't have that many blemishes, but a few acne scars on my chin and 1 or 2 small pimples on my cheek.

I got the darkest shade which is dark bronze. I tried the one below that but it was a bit too light so I opted for this. I'm not happy with the shade. It's slightly orangey and very slightly pink undertoned...just doesn't go that well with my neutral tone.

The texture is liquidy but I found this foundation to highlight every dry patch on my skin. I'd moisturised beforehand and my skin isn't dry right now either! It looked horrible and took a lot of spritzing with makeup mist to combat. It didn't blend that well...but I only needed a tiny bit less than 1 pump to cover my face.

Coverage is quite good - covered reddness and small blemishes ok without looking too heavy or thick. The smell is chemically and just not nice...like fake apricots. I really like that this has so many fruit extracts which are supposed to hydrate your skin and make you radiant but I didn't get any hydration or radiance from this at all. It made my skin look rather dull. It claims to give you radiance that lasts up for 12 or 16 hours (I've forgot which one) but it DOESN'T. HELL NO!

On the plus side, it doesn't make me break out. And the packaging is great - very hygeinic with a pump. However, I would definately not repurchase this. BTW it's £ 9.99 for 30 mls.