December 22, 2014 | 1481 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by OverTheHill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is as near to HG as I'm going to get. Good coverage, natural finish, neither too glowy nor too matte, good colours for pale skin. If they made it, I'd be NW 17.5, and the lightest shade is a bit too pale. It matches my jawline wonderfully, but over the whole face I look like Casper's older sister. The next darker shade looks much better, and blends so well it doesn't leave a tide mark.

But the best bit - ta daa and trumpets please - is that I have no blackheads using this. For years, and through many formulations, I've been a ColourStay girl, though with regular forays into others to see if there was anything I liked better. Everything I used - cleanser, toner, moisturiser, primer, foundation, powder - was and is oil free, but I still had blackheads. I thought it was my skin and I'd never get rid of them. But since I've started using the Healthy Mix two weeks ago, and changing nothing else, they've disappeared. Hallelujah!

The reason I said 'nearly' HG was because of the lasting power. To be honest it is very good, and that's on oily skinned me. But to be absolutely HG, I'd like it to have all of the good bits I've mentioned with the staying power of CS or EL DW. However it's a minor quibble, and I shall be sticking with this from now on.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 7:19:00 AM More reviews by secretisland

The Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (I got it in shade 52 Vanilla) feels light on the skin, like it doesn't exist. It is hydrating enough and gives a very nice sheen to my face. The first thing you notice when applying it is a pleasant, fruity smell which disappears after a few seconds. The coverage is light to medium and the price is about 15-20 Euros.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by xloveleighx

I have finally found my HG drugstore foundation! I am an NC20 and i use shade 53 in this foundation.Before i was using Nars sheer glow in Figi which i loved, but it was just too expensive. However after trying this i think Healthy mix is the same quality if not better! I would say it gives the same effect as Nars sheer glow, kind of a dewy finish rather than a matt finish. My main problems with foundations is that they accentuate my pores around my nose, but this doesn't do this at all! It also gives good medium coverage without looking cakey. It also doesn't have a horrible chemically smell that you get with Revlon colourstay or Mac Studio fix, it also has a pump which you don't get with these foundations. Overall i love this foundation! xx

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 9:00:00 AM More reviews by salutsophie

Advantages: Good coverage; lightweight and natural looking; the bottle comes with a pump applicator and allows you to see how much product there is left in the bottle.

Disadvantages: Limited range of colours; less product in the bottle than other Bourjois foundations.

After buying Bourjois' Bio Detox and hating it with a passion, I vowed never to try Bourjois foundations again. However, when I found my beloved Revlon Colorstay empty I had to use the only foundation that was on hand: my mother's Healthy Mix.

As soon as I applied it, I loved it. The product is advertised as a medium buildable coverage foundation with a semi-matte finish. Normally I avoid foundations that are anything other than matte like the plague because I have oily skin, but the formula is oil-free. Once applied, it leaves your face with a natural, dewy finish and is so lightweight and natural looking that you almost forget you're wearing foundation! It's also hydrating, which is essential for a winter foundation as it stops my skin from drying out.

I absolutely love this foundation: it gives me the coverage that I need without feeling heavy or looking cakey, it's suitable for my combination skin and doesn't make my T-zone look oilier! The only reason I'm not giving this foundation 5/5 is because I felt a bit cheated about the amount of product that you get in the bottle compared to other Bourjois foundations, although technically it is cheaper!
There was also a limited range of colours in my local Boots store, although there may be more shades available in larger branches.

I would recommend this foundation to everyone. So what are you waiting for? Go out and try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ollyforpresident

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok so I'm trying this new thing were I buy cheap drugstore makeup to try to spend less money on make up as I'm completely convinced that there has to be cheap makeup brands out there on the same level with the more expensive department store ones like Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Mac whatever. The problems is that I'm very picky about things like foundation because it goes all over your face. But with this foundation I felt like I got what I paid for once again *sigh*. I chose a shade that ended up slightly too dark on me ( shade 53) but that's my own fault and not the product. But What I don't really like about this foundation is that I think the coverage is too heavy and fake. Maybe this would be good for someone trying to cover up a lot or something but for me I just wanted something a bit more covering than my Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser when I went out for drinks, and mainly to use on my cheeks, nose, forehead as i tend to have some redness and unevenness there. The finish is very unnatural (it has some weird gold sparkles in it) and since I'm using it in combination with my LM TM the quality aspects become more apparent side by side. The TM leaves my skin glowing, radiant and natural whereas the areas I use this foundation look cakey. I use a foundation brush to apply it thinly but still doesn't perform better. I'm probably not buying this again in the correct shade. Now i mainly use it as a concealer under my eyes since my Lancome teint micracle pen was mismatched by the SA by being way too light so I get inverted racoon eyes on pictures since it reflects light (bad SA!). I guess it's only OK for the price, Oh and the packaging looks really cheap and tacky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by aryana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just got this and tried it for the first time. Very good, near-full coverage and a natural finish. Vanilla is a perfect match for my light, neutral/yellow/olive-toned skin.

Will save my real review for when I have used the product more. Just wanted to say that FYI, I got this at my local ULTA! Let's hope this means they will be carrying this and other Bourjois face makeup as regular products. It was only $7.99 but I think that is the regular price, as it was not marked as on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Elenaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product the coverage is good it matches well with my skin and not to mention the lovely smell!
It sure doesn't last up to 16 hours though.
Also with this product it claims to create radiance to your skin and says;
apricot for radiance
melon for hydration
apple for anti-oxidant
ginger for energy

Now I'm not sure about the energy haha but I have actually seen a difference in my skin from using it.. I seem to just have a more of a glowy look to my skin!
I don't know whether it's something else but really I haven't changed anything apart from this foundation! It doesn't cause breakouts at all I have had less pimples even! So I do strongly suggest it for that reason! Plus the coverage feels light and fresh!
I would definitely buy it again! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 5:45:00 AM More reviews by seceruuu

This foundation is good, but for 2 hour I am shiny, soo I won t to try MAC pro long wear foundation but I don know which color is prefect for me, beacuse I must buy on online shop, can you help me which color of Mac is healthy mix 53?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by almost40

I love this foundation,its so light and easy to blend.I got it in the lightest colour and its a perfect match to my pale skin.It smells lovely and lasts a good few hours.I will buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Meimi

I have had this for a week now. I have used it every day and I have to say I am really impressed. Being a recessionista I bought it on a whim when my usual Revlon CS was running out and it wasn't on offer. This was 3 for 2 at Superdrug UK so I got 2 shades (52 and 53)

it turned out 52 was perfect for me! 53 Is slightly too dark, but i have been mixing it with what remained of my revlon cs and that combo btw is fantastic! For review purposes I'll just review the 52 worn alone :D

it covers really well, and the product smells amazing when applying it! Luckily though the smell does not linger so you can put on your regular scent.

My skin is in pretty good condition so I can't comment on coverage if you had acne etc, but the only downside I can comment on is that I do have an oily forehead and while it lasts all day at work, if i was going anywhere after work i would have to touch up with powder
that said, its is not an oil slick, it is more dewy as it is supposed to be and as advertised, i feel that it is just my personal preference to not have a shiny forhead.

i would recommend this!