Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 1/26/2011 10:20:00 AM

Great, great foundation. Beats my Chanel Teint Innocence and MAC Pro Longwear easily.

I have combination skin, so I do have some dry patches that get flaky when I rub foundation on them, but with Bourjois Healthy Mix I haven't had this problem.
The color 52 matches my skintone perfectly. Gives me a flawless, healthy complexion with a subtle radiance. Beautiful!

on 1/16/2011 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really liked the packaging actually. The bottle and the pump made it easy for the foundation to be dispensed. I guess this foundation is pretty good for a drugstore foundation, but my HG at the moment is Revlon colorstay.

I have acne prone skin so I wanted to find a foundation that would benefit my skin which is not too damaging to wear. It didn't worsen my acne but it gave me huge cysts on my chin? I rarely rarely get them so this is how I know this foundation broke me out because the day after I had gotten cysts on my chin.

The coverage is medium but it made my face look flawless so that was cool. However it sort of made me look dull. All the tones are rather ashy so it always made me look like a zombie-ish. My mum thought I looked worn out whenever I wore this foundation.

It's different for everyone. It's not like this review will really change your mind and stop you from buying the product if you really really want to. If you've decided you want to try it, try it. I think it's better to try something out, and if you do really dislike it then just return it (at boots you're allowed) or just keep it maybe or give it to a friend rather than just not trying it and keep on having second thoughts about it.

Who knows, it may be your hg foundation. Try it, it's not that bad. :P

The price is reasonable. Could be cheaper though!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I thought this stuff was a hot mess! People with oily skin, or even just an oily t-zone, steer clear! I used two pumps of this and it covered my whole face. I used 52 Vanilla for my NC20 skin. First, the color is odd - like the color match was right, but the tone or something about the foundation made my skin look really dull and almost greyed a bit. When it went on, I felt really oily, and I kind of felt like it was not going to end well. I was right! By the end of the day, my skin looked so bad, and a shiny-gross-greasy mess. I don't think I would recommend this to anyone! Also - the price...it is $24 at ULTA. Not worth one penny!

on 1/10/2011 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've yet to find a drugstore foundation that is as good as the HE ones at half the price, I guess you get what you pay for. I was looking for a foundation I could wear on those bumming around days where all you do is buy groceries. Unfortunately this isn't it. I couldn't wear this even to buy groceries! It isn't the foundation's fault though, stupid stores around here just refuse to carry my shade! They had number 53 which was too light and number 55 which is too dark, I imagine number 54 would have been perfect for me but it isn't available in my area! Pushy MA gave a sweet talk about how flattering it looks to wear a foundation a shade darker than your natural skin anyways, how it gives you a tanned and healthy look and blah blah. Well there's nothing healthy looking about wearing the wrong shade! It just looks like a mask, it looks like I'm wearing foundation. I really wanted to try out this foundation anyways, because of the great reviews. Maybe it would look good in the correct shade but even if it were available, which it isn't, I wouldn't get it, I'm too unhappy with the folks at the store and this foundation would always remind me of them. Well as I can't waste now I have to go and look for another foundation that is too light for me so I can mix them and get my shade, boo! I think the next time I'm in the mood for a d/s foundation I'll stick to Max Factor, they're more expensive than other d/s brands available in my area but they have the perfect shade for me.

on 1/10/2011 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this foundation as I wanted a light to medium coverage that would give me an even dewy finish and this foundation did not disappoint! It covered all my small freckles making my skin look very even but natural as the coverage was light enough to look like I had nothing on. I had this product on from about 8:30am and it lasted right through to 4:30; it was about 6:00 that it really began to disappear. I was completely amazed as I have a terrible habit of touching my face and expected it to be gone before I got home from school. This foundation smells gorgeous and the texture is beautifully smooth and it is very easy to get a streak free finish using a foundation brush (even for someone as make-up inept as me!). I originally used powder foundations (Benefit Hello Flawless etc.) which I found too cakey but this was a brilliant alternative. I was lucky enough to get my bottle on offer at £6.99 but it usually retails for an acceptable £9.99 which I feel is about right for a drug store foundation. With this foundation I found that a little goes a long way so the size of the bottle is also reasonable. I bought the lightest shade and found that at first it seemed a little yellow on my skin but out of the harsh light it matched my skin beautifully. I would definitely recommend this to people with relatively good skin as it is only a light coverage which does require concealer for more stubborn spots. This foundation is also good for people who are not great at make-up as it is easy to apply and blends well. The packaging is a little plasticy and cheap feeling but I hardly think that is a problem as the pump on it lets the foundation out at a nice steady rate giving you good control on the amount you are using. I would definitely buy this again and I have been raving about it to my friends.

on 1/10/2011 11:03:00 AM

I have to say after using this foundation for almost 8 months this is the best foundation I have ever used I love it. It makes my skin look flawless, bright (in a good way not over the top shiny), and healthy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

To give you some background info, I've been using Revlon ColourStay for Combo/Oily skin for the last year or so. It gives good coverage, but I've been on the hunt for something more lightweight and natural-looking in the £7-12 price range. I saw this on sale at Boots and thought I'd give it a go.

It blends well and I think I've finally managed to find a foundation that works well with my skin tone. I suffer from the ocassional breakout and have several large acne scars on my cheeks, but this does a very decent job of concealing them. Looks natural and feels very lightweight as well. My face is still an oil slick within a few hours of application, but I don't think this foundation claims to combat that anyway. My only problem is that I don't feel the coverage lasts as long as it should...about 5 or 6 hours before it starts to disappear. That being said, I still found this to be a much better foundation than others and will purchase it again unless I find something exceptionally good for the same price.

on 1/8/2011 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I actually LOVE this foundation, I always was scared of liquid foundation's becouse im acne prone, and i tought that liquid was gonna make it worse. So I only used mineral foundation, becouse i was scared liquid was gonna clog my pores. But i really wanted to give this foundation a try i read some good reviews about it. So i went out and i bought it a week ago. i'm in the colour Beige. A great match for me. It lasts me for a long time, not 16 hours trough.. I have a oily T-zone but i just powder it when it get's oily during the day. It didn't break me out which i really like. becouse i have some scars from my acne on my forehead and chin and mineral makeup doesn't cover it. This foundation does cover it a bit but when i use concealer you cant see anything. I like the finish it's natural like i'm not wearing foundation. And its not thick!

I was browsing around Ulta and spotted a sign at the Bourjois area that said "All Bourjois Products $4.99". Wowsa. The merchandise was pretty much picked over (I'm assuming they will no longer carry this brand...wah!). There were two bottles of Healthy Mix Foundation left and I took a chance on the #54 which turned out to be a great match for me. I love this stuff and even though I own four other foundations (I know, shame on me), it is my favorite. I'm just afraid I won't be able to buy another one when it runs out. The texture is beautiful, light yet has decent coverage for those who just need to even their skin tone out a bit. The pump is great and you can dispense as much or as little as you want. It has good lasting power and feels gorgeous on.

on 1/8/2011 10:06:00 AM

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING I LOVE IT! my shade is 54 and i got this for $5 at ulta!!! itss suppost to be like $25 and it was on sale it was amazing i knew this brand was pretty good and it was oil-free so i tried it and the only bad part is idk if i can get it for $5 next time :( i wish this would last forever! hahahah so good!!!! best foundation ive ever tried

Video Reviews & Tutorials