Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 3/3/2011 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The amount of foundations I've gone through over the years is insane. After 'almay - skin stays clean' foundation was discontinued, which was my absolute HG, I've been on a constant mission to find another just as great. This is almost there! I'm happy to use this until I find another one that's 5 stars. This gives a medium coverage, it isn't heavy at all, doesn't make those dry patches you may have on your face turn orange after a few hours of wear... And most of all, it matches my skin tone perfectly. It's super easy to apply because it isn't thick, it's a real light, creamy consistency. & when I have breakouts, it gives a great coverage. All in all, i love this product. The only down points is that it isn't oil free... and I somehow get oily skin once my make-up is applied. So those of you with super oily skin types, I wouldn't advise this!

on 2/21/2011 1:03:00 PM

I really like this foundation. I have some problems with breaking out from foundation and this one doesn't break me out. It is soft and natural looking. I have normal/dry skin.

on 2/12/2011 10:55:00 AM

I first got this foundation in a swap as I heard good things about it and really wanted to try it. I really like the coverage which is not too heavy and matte, but not too thin and shiny either. It's quite thick but ok if you blend it well and sort of sets to a nice finish. I've given it a 4/5 as the colour range is quite limited and runs too yellow for me. I'm NW20 and shade 52 is the closest, although it is slightly too dark. Doesn't last 16 hours on me as it claims to, but will just about make it through working day on my combination skin. For the price not bad at all.

on 2/11/2011 3:30:00 PM

HG. Soooo good. The price and quality of this product is amazing. I have it in 51 and 52/53 for summer. The texture is so light, and applies really smoothly for a beautiful medium to full coverage! It feels like heaven!! And it doesn't look chalky. The best part is that it doesn't clog my pores (whereas True Match, and Nearly Naked did). I only need a small dot to cover my whole face. I usually use this when my skin isn't behaving too well, or when I need heavier coverage for a special occasion. I like to mix it with the 10 hour sleep effect foundation for a lighter coverage. Fantastic!!!

on 2/11/2011 9:10:00 AM

the formula is great :)
feels light on the skin. and it looks really natural on my combination skin, and makes it look radiant :)
it blends in like my second skin and it feels comfortable having it on.

the only drawback would be the price as it is considered rather expensive for drug store standards. i had only gotten it after discount its usual price is about S$35. and i had paid S$28.

the first shade i bought was 51 vanilla clair as recommended by the SA, yet it was too light and i looked like a ghost before it oxidized. so i had to repurchase for a darker colour 52 vanilla, which was a perfect match!

go get a bottle and you wouldnt regret!

on 2/8/2011 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Smells lovely and applies really well. I was really happy with the coverage and application. Packing is very hygienic.

However, this product oxidised on my skin. I bought shade 53 and it turned quite orangey by lunchtime. I also developed quite a few unsightly whiteheads on my jawline after three or four days (only on one side though. Odd?) Not sure if it was the product or something else that caused it.

Anyway, I won't repurchase. Shame. I really wanted to like this.

on 2/6/2011 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought shade 52 for my eye-area. I wanted a moisturizing, yellow toned foundation to replace my concealers which are too dark for the winter season, and are very visible and drying. Healthy mix is just perfect.

PROs

-very natural looking, but gives a nice coverage
-yellow toned-exactly what i wanted
-moisturizing
-cheap! and will lasts for ages, because I need only a tiny bit for around my eyes
-It lasts for hours even though I can't stop touching my eyelids, especially when I'm tired.

After spending quite a bit of money on products that would cover my dark circles and still remain natural, and found nothing, this one is a total winner!

CONs

-packaging doesn't reflect how perfect is the stuff inside, it's just a plastic tube. But at least it's not as heavy as glass ones, easy to use.

I don't use it for all my face, so cannot comment on that, but I guess it's not very good for extremely fair, rose toned skintypes.

on 1/26/2011 10:20:00 AM

Great, great foundation. Beats my Chanel Teint Innocence and MAC Pro Longwear easily.

I have combination skin, so I do have some dry patches that get flaky when I rub foundation on them, but with Bourjois Healthy Mix I haven't had this problem.
The color 52 matches my skintone perfectly. Gives me a flawless, healthy complexion with a subtle radiance. Beautiful!

on 1/16/2011 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really liked the packaging actually. The bottle and the pump made it easy for the foundation to be dispensed. I guess this foundation is pretty good for a drugstore foundation, but my HG at the moment is Revlon colorstay.

I have acne prone skin so I wanted to find a foundation that would benefit my skin which is not too damaging to wear. It didn't worsen my acne but it gave me huge cysts on my chin? I rarely rarely get them so this is how I know this foundation broke me out because the day after I had gotten cysts on my chin.

The coverage is medium but it made my face look flawless so that was cool. However it sort of made me look dull. All the tones are rather ashy so it always made me look like a zombie-ish. My mum thought I looked worn out whenever I wore this foundation.

It's different for everyone. It's not like this review will really change your mind and stop you from buying the product if you really really want to. If you've decided you want to try it, try it. I think it's better to try something out, and if you do really dislike it then just return it (at boots you're allowed) or just keep it maybe or give it to a friend rather than just not trying it and keep on having second thoughts about it.

Who knows, it may be your hg foundation. Try it, it's not that bad. :P

The price is reasonable. Could be cheaper though!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I thought this stuff was a hot mess! People with oily skin, or even just an oily t-zone, steer clear! I used two pumps of this and it covered my whole face. I used 52 Vanilla for my NC20 skin. First, the color is odd - like the color match was right, but the tone or something about the foundation made my skin look really dull and almost greyed a bit. When it went on, I felt really oily, and I kind of felt like it was not going to end well. I was right! By the end of the day, my skin looked so bad, and a shiny-gross-greasy mess. I don't think I would recommend this to anyone! Also - the price...it is $24 at ULTA. Not worth one penny!

Video Reviews & Tutorials