Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 6/5/2011 2:15:00 PM

pros:
- light and natural coverage
- fluid and easy to blend/apply
- good packaging: light plastic bottle that comes with a pump

cons:
- doesn't last long on my skin

overall:
i liked how it looked like when it was first applied on my skin but it doesn't stay on my combi-oily skin at all. by mid day, my skin was in a mess.

on 6/1/2011 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had so high hopes for this product but all i have to say is URGH! Not sure if i had a faulty product but the foundation itself is extremely watery and does not apply evenly at all even when applied with a brush. I tried this with different bases to make sure it just wasnt compatatible with my moisturiser/primer but nothing works! It makes my face feel dry and clings to the dryer areas and the colourings uneven! (and i use a decent moisturiser). Yuck, yuck, yuck.

on 6/1/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

The combination of the name of the product and the rave reviews made me absolutely DIE to try this. I have dry skin with some drier patches. Somehow this stuff managed to settle into all my fine lines/ dry patches and make me look like an old woman... I have a matte finish foundation which is Bobbi Brown skin foundation (also liquid), but Healthy Mix dries even drier than matte. =(

I was hoping it might be a good alternative to the MAC F&B i currently own but costs twice the price but.... no. It doesn't work for me. I can't get the right colour either (too dark somehow).

But it does smell lovely!

on 5/30/2011 6:57:00 PM

How has this got such a good rating from people with oily skin?? I have combination skin with a slightly oily t-zone and this was awful! My face looks like a grease slick with this on - even my normal cheeks. It emphasises every pore and fine line on my face. The only plus about this is that the colour is builable without looking cakey and it has staying power. Not quite sure how a foundation that makes me look so greasy manages to stay on my face so well, but this is one time I'd have like my make up to slide off.
Nice that this foundation has a pump though - packaging is responsible for taking this from 1 lippy to 2.
Edit: tried this again when my skin was drier in the winter and this was so much better then...except it started to break me out on my forehead after about 3 days of use. Not really terrible spots or anything, small tiny pimples that easily were covered with concealer but the texture of my skin didn't look great, plus I never normally break out there. Now the winter is over though I can't use it again because of how shiny it makes me look. I have also tried the bourjois 10 hour sleep effect foundation and this also broke me out on my forehead. Think I must just react to something in them.

on 5/30/2011 6:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

this is an amazing foundation. i initially bought it as i'd heard it was good, but i just wanted a pale foundation to mix with my darker foundations while i was fake tanning.

eventually i stopped fake tanning and i needed a pale foundation! so i remembered this one & used it on it's own. i was/am so impressed by it! it stays on all day, has good coverage but doesn't look like a mask. doesn't cake or flake off my nose like most foundations and it's only £9.99! i cannot praise this stuff enough.

on 5/30/2011 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oui for me. What's not to love? I'm very impressed. This stuff is fantastic for dry skin. My shade is 52 . It leaves my skin with a wonderfully hydrated and dewy looking finish. It's loaded with antioxidants but unfortunately lacks an SPF. No worries. I simply apply my sunscreen mositurizer first, let it settle on my skin for a minute or two and then smooth a drop or two of this on top. Then I walk out the door feeling flawless and flirty. C'est la vie.

on 5/26/2011 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like it, just bought a second bottle of this in shade 51. I can compare it with Diorskin Nude liquid foundation.
Love the coverage as it covers pretty good, my sensitive skin feels comfortable that really makes me happy cause my skin is prone to irritations. I would love this to have SPF, overall I think quality is good for that price, maybe I'd like a better staying power through the day as in the evening (not late) I notice that foundation dissapeared...

on 5/21/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I never thought I would like a high street/drugstore foundation as much as I like this. Blends beautifully, feels so light yet gives the exact coverage that I need. Leaves my skin with a natural, healthy glow.
However, if you are really oily, I can't see this foundation working as good...
I have dry, sensitive skin. I bought this in the lightest shade they do, #51, and it matches my NC10/15 face nicely.
I like to apply with a regular foundation brush on my previously moisturized skin and no streaks whatsoever. Also I don't even use primer and it lasts all day on my dry skin. Maybe a little bit of a loose powder to set it, but sometimes I just leave it as it is.
Nice coverage, great finish, awesome price. I absolutely recommend this.

UPDATE: Now I'm a true nc10 and can't use this alone because isn't light enough... I'll probably mix it with a little bit of white F&B or something. Still love the brilliant texture and coverage though. *prays for paler foundations*

on 5/17/2011 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm so bummed I can't get this product where I live.
It's divine!!! Feels really nice and soft on the skin and the colours are great for people with more yellow undertones, which is rare in the drugstore brands.
It smells lovely too and lasts fairly long on my skin.
I apply it with a traditional foundation brush and set it with just a bit of powder and I'm good for hours.

Love the packaging too, the pump comes in very handy and the plastic bottle is see-through, so I know when I don't have much product left.

Have been using this for several weeks now and I'm super impressed. Never thought I'd ever wear a drugstore foundation again, but this totally compares to MAC and Clinique.

on 5/17/2011 10:04:00 AM

I wasnt too keen on this product i the beggining but after buying this , i fell in love .. The coverage is from light to medium , packaging is OK i guess , kinda cheap looking but not the worst . Amazing glowy/dewy look after application but after a few hours .... ugh my T-Zone and nose are SO oily and greasy ...

Video Reviews & Tutorials