Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 5/13/2011 7:53:00 AM

I love this foundation. It looks really natural while still giving a good coverage. My skin just looks healthy and radiant. Application is easy, it's just the perfect consistency, blends like dream. I use MAC 109 brush and it looks flawless. It's hard too get caked on this foundation.
It has a pretty strong fruity smell but I don't mind. The colour is more to yellow tone, which I like. I use #52 and #53 depending on my makeup mood, but both looks nice (I'm MAC NC20 for reference).
The only downside is it doesn't last long, I need to blot several times a day.

on 5/10/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this foundation in a shade which ended up being far too dark for me so I can't really comment on the shade range. I will hopefully pick up a lighter shade soon. I love how this applies and feels on the skin. I guess it would be too much for someone with quite oily skin but mine is more combination/normal so it suits me. I am a bit concerned that it made me break out but since the shade was wrong I stopped using it so can't be 100% sure. The packaging is good as it has a pump but sometimes it does feel a bit unsubstantial as it is plastic. However, it's at a reasonable price point so I can't complain! A lot of people have been comparing this to the new Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and have said you should try this before getting the Chanel. I can't say anything on that but just thought I'd mention it!

on 5/7/2011 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

here are my pros and cons for this foundation! pros: smells nice, features fruit ingredients/extracts, dewy finish (for those who like it), didn't get oily, good packaging cause it's plastic and it can't break, has a pump. cons: expensive, very sheer coverage and unbuildable (still needed to use a concealer after application), doesn't seem to blend very well into the skin and it just seems to sit on top, it looks absolutely terrible on dry or flakiness, not many shades to choose from and it doesn't mention that it's oil free or non-comedogenic anywhere so i'm guessing it could probably block pores and cause blemishes. in the mean time, i'm going back to the maybelline dream liquid mousse foundation for now and probably won't be repurchasing this foundation again!

on 4/30/2011 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had heard about this from pixi2woo at first so I decided to try it out. Although from where I purchased it, the product was no cheap at all - just a bit cheaper than MAC foundations but I decided to try it out anyway. My shade is 54 and I LOVE IT. The coverage itself is not heavy, but the finish is perfect. I very nice spring season finish as it gives you radiance and a dewy look. The foundation also smells gorgeous - however this might not be perfect for people with sensitive skin.

Overall I think that the finish is great, it doesn't break me out and the coverage makes it great for spring!

on 4/22/2011 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I was disheartened by my latest MAC foundation purchase. The lightest shade turned me orange. I was in my local beauty store, skulking around the lipsticks until I walked past the Bourjois stand - I bought Healthy Mix (shade #51 Vanille Clair) for 50% off on a whim. Fast forward to the next day, I put this stuff on, and hated it. It made me so very shiny and didn't stay more than 3 or 4 hours. Little did I know it was actually the bio-oil underneath not being very happy with it!
When i dug it back out a month or so later (having run out of my current foundation), the Australian weather was much cooler. I applied this and gave it a light dusting of MAC skinfinish and am pleased to say this foundation matches my skin EXACTLY. The skinfinish kept it in place the whole day, and the best part about it was that the make-up was SEAMLESS. And when I say that, I mean it has a perfect satin finish. It looks 100% natural and doesn't settle, or look like you are wearing make-up at all.
It's quite pricey for a drugstore brand (around $32 AUD I believe) but considering I only ever used the high-end foudnations this is great for me. Didn't break me out, made my skin look fresh and glowing and stayed on with the skinfinish.
I'd reccomend this to all of you who have in general clear skin, the finish is somewhat light-medium and does cover redness and tiny imperfections like very faint acne scarring and slight redness around the nose, but you will need a concealer for the more prominant things. I personally do not use concealer, and it gives a less 'made up' look but still naturally flawless. Highly reccomend and I will definitely repurchase!

on 4/22/2011 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Advantages: nice creamy formula, glowing finish,amazing texture, good winter foundation

Disadvantages: didn't find a colour my shade always looks ashy, oxidizes a lot, not long lasting

I recommend this foundation for drier skin types or for oilier skin types in winter . in winter this foundation lasts all day, however in summer it will not last unless you have dry skin

on 4/20/2011 1:17:00 PM

I actually love this foundation! I've got it in the lighest shade and I am so pleased that it matches my skin tone as with most foundations the lightest shades make me look orange. I apply with a foundation brush and it goes on easily and I just blend with my fingers. It gives medium coverage and I just cover up the redness still showing with my concealer. I really like this product which is why I was so dissapointed with the healthy mix concealer but that's in that review. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is that when you first apply it it does look very shiny. However with translucent powder it ends up looking very natural and gives your skin a healthy look.

on 4/10/2011 2:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is pricey retailing at AU$32 however it is worth every cent and holds the title of my all time favourite foundation!

I use shade 53 which is a yellow-toned beige which is a perfect match for my skin tone.

This product has a gorgeous satin finish with a medium-full coverage, therefore I need to use only minimal concealer under my eye area - I have horrible visible veins. Very easy to blend and build, while feeling light on the skin. This product has a light fruity scent which disappears soon after application but woudn't bother me at all if it lingered. I don't mind the plastic packaging either, and I love the pump applicator!
It's staying power is quite good - it doesn't last a full 10 hour day however it would last much longer if kept blotting sheets or a loose powder handy throughout the day..

I stocked up on this product when Target had a 50% off Bourjois sale. I truly believe the overall condition of my skin has improved since I began using this product and I'm going to stick with a good thing! Love!!

on 4/8/2011 4:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Before starting I have to say I DO have oily skin, so that is obviously a factor.. But overall, I would repurchase this foundation. I tend to mix it in with my moisturizer for a lovely tinted glow, as I found when I applied this as I would regular foundation it tended to rub & smear off within hours. Needless to say, it does not break me out & is a nice light coverage perfect for Summer! I also apply my Full Cover concealer (MUFE) over it & I notice that a lot of foundations with heavier coverage underneath my MUFE give off a really terribly fake look. With a decent primer & powder I believe this foundation is perfect! & would be even more perfect for me if my skin wasn't so ridiculously oily :) x

on 4/4/2011 1:27:00 PM

I had high hopes for this foundation based on all the nice reviews, but it didn't work so well for me. I received this in a swap and I did manage to find a great color match, and I will admit the foundation looks very nice after initial application. But the staying power is virtually zilch, and things don't look so hot after a few hours. The formula is light feeling, and the coverage was light to medium as well, and I need at least medium to full coverage, and something that lasts at least 6-8 hours. So, won't be buying this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials