Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 3/29/2011 8:11:00 AM

This for me is the drugstore equivalent for Pro Lumiere with one comment: Healthy Mix works much better for me. I had both Mat Lumiere and Pro Lumiere and hated them. I just don't get along with Chanel foundations at all.
Healthy Mix is a medium coverage foundation that feels very light on the skin, it is not too matte, not too dewy either and the finish is gorgeus. Although this is the only drugstore foundation I have, I am using it on a daily basis, leaving aside all the Chanel and Dior foundations. It did not break me out, did not dry my skin or made it oilier, did not make my skin better either, it just did what a foundation is supposed to do: cover minor imperfections and provide a good base for the rest of your make-up. But it did this in a better way than all the foundations I tried before and this is why I am going to purchase this again unless I find something better. I am not the 1 foundation type of girl, I like to have at least 5 depending on what look I want to achieve. For me applying make up is as important as choosing what clothes to wear for the day.
I'd say this foundations suits all types of skin except for maybe oily types. If you're looking for something very light, this might not be for you and if you're looking for full coverage I won't understand you because full coverage foundation doesn't look good on anyone. Better use a medium coverage foundation and use concealer just where you need it (Photoshop is the worst invention, I swear). Very good foundation for the price - approx. 16 Eur (22 USD) where I leave, in Europe. I'd say give it a try, chances are that you might like it as much as I do.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this foundation,it's creamy and very light and the end result will make your skin looking natural.I haven't noticed the scent it's very subtle to me but it doesn't have the "Foundation" smell I hate like some others.The lasting power to me isn't that great.I'm really clumsy so the plastic container is a plus to me as I'm prone to dropping everything I lay my hands on.The pump is another convenient feature allowing easy application.Overall,I recommend it.

on 3/25/2011 9:25:00 AM

This product made me break out terribly! I'm devastated as my skin has been so much 'calmer' in the last 3 years with just the occasional pimple here and there after years of teenage acne. My skin is sensitive and acne prone so I was already very skeptical as I'm paranoid of trying new products on my face. I read the great reviews and was excited to try this foundation. Sadly it didn't work for me as I wanted something that looked natural but with more coverage than my everyday minerals foundation to cover the old scars.

Contrary to most of the reviews here, the foundation felt like it was 'sitting' on my skin and didn't look very natural; this was with finger application. With a kabuki brush stippled, it looked much better, but still not very natural. It might be due to my comparison to mineral make up that delivers a more natural finish.

on 3/23/2011 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wanted to like this so bad! It's a reasonable price, the packaging is good, and everyone raves about it. I got all excited thinking I was buying a potential HG.

Sadly the colour range doesn't work for me. It's very yellow toned, so if you're not....the colour may match but you'll look sallow. Why would I want to look sallow?? I wore it at the weekend but had forgotten to bring my blusher and my family all got concerned that I was looking pale and wan. The colour wasn't too pale for me - it was just the undertone.

Application takes a suprising amount of product - there's very little "slip" to it, so you have to work it a bit. And then it hasn't got great lasting power and I've had to touch up in late afternoon.

But I can see how someone would become fond of it, cos if it stayed put on you and you were warm toned, it could be nice. The finish, for instance, is lovely. A true satin finish - not matte, but not too glowy. Your skin does look good with it.

I'm undecided as to whether to dump it or not - it does have some pro's, and I can try to make it work with translucent powder. Just not sure if it's worth the effort, to be honest.

EDITED: I decided to make a home-made tinted moisteriser with this by mixing it with moisteriser 50/50 on the back of my hand. It actually improved it a lot. The coverage is still the same, but the "slip" is much MUCH better and it's easier to work with.

on 3/7/2011 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using both this and 10 hr sleep effect for the last 3 years. They are both excellent foundations, very good quality and both with a lovely finish.

I got Healthy mix in the lightest colour but unfortunately it is a little too dark for me whereas I found 10 hr sleep effect to be a better colour match. Like all bourjois foundations it is very good if you have warm/yellow toned skin and it does provide very pale shades. The first thing I noticed when using this foundation is the lovely texture - it is a thick fluid that blends very easily and you can easily build coverage where you need it. Experimenting with this and concealer I actually found that a layer or two of healthy mix foundation would cover even the most big horrible spot all day whereas concealers would always rub off. Therefore I could feel confident even when I was having a bad breakout as healthy mix covered it all and lasted all day. As this has a matt finish I did not need any powder on my nose even though I have oily t zone. This foundation smells lovely as it is made with fruit. I have not had any breakouts due to using this foundation. 1 bottle has lasted me about 9 months with almost everyday use. I just use my fingers for application and find it easy to blend. It is important to have moisturised skin as the foundation will look flaky on dry patches. Staying power is very impressive - an early morning application easily lasts you through to the evening and yet it is also very easy to remove unlike some long-lasting foundations.

I have recently switched back to 10hr sleep effect because my skin has got much clearer so I did not need as much coverage. For anyone trying to decide between the two here is a comparison:

Healthy mix is much thicker than 10 hr sleep effect and it also has a much more matt finish. Healthy mix is much longer lasting since it seems to 'set' whereas 10hr sleep effect is more dewy and blends in to your skin more but also gets wiped off more easily. If you are after coverage and long lasting then go for healthy mix, if you have good skin and just want it to look a little more even-toned, smooth and dewy then go for 10 hr sleep effect. Healthy mix looks much more obvious like you are wearing foundation whereas 10 hr looks more like skin (and for this reason my husband much prefers me in 10hr). If you are very pale then 10hr gives a better colour match and healthy mix tends to look a bit orange. If you have dry skin then 10 hr is better but for oily skin healthy mix is better. I expect 10hr is better for older skin as I think matt effect can look ageing.

Personally this and 10hr together are my holy grail foundations (except for healthy mix being a little too dark) and I feel my skin can look good no matter what by using the appropriate one - 10hr good skin days and healthy mix bad skin days.

Hope this is helpful
x

on 3/6/2011 1:02:00 AM

I got a sample of this foundation, and I used it...big suprise!!..nice colour,nice coverage, naturall looking and it lasted all night!..even though I do not use bourjois stuff, cause are cheap and I dont trust cheap cosmetics, I am going to buy this...

on 3/4/2011 9:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

For reference: Anywhere between NC15-25 depending on the time of year, golden undertones, normal/combo sensitive skin.

I was planning on buying the MAC studio fix fluid but thought I'd try this out first as it was about £10 cheaper and someone said this was rather similar to the SFF. Luckily I got this when it was on a 3 for 2 offer at Boots so I got 3 of these foundations for about £19 - even cheaper than 1 bottle of Studio Fix Fluid! I purchased shades #51 #52 and #53 as the reviews on here weren't too precise on colour matches.

CLAIMS: This foundation it designed to add 70% more radiance to the skin (a bit precise...) because it contains "radiance-boosting fruit therapy" - •Apricot •Melon •Apple •Ginger. Note that these ingredients are right at the bottom of the list so are in a very miniscule amount. It also claims to give flawless skin for 16 hours with a natural finish.

COLOUR MATCH: #51 Light Vanilla is slightly too light for my skin even when I'm an NC15. It would match true NC10-15 yellow tones best. It is a very light beige with definate yellow undertones. #52 Vanilla is a good match when I'm an NC20, I'd say it would suit NW/NC20-27 best. It is a bit less yellow than #51 but not overly pink. It is significantly darker though. #53 is too dark and pink for my skin unless I've tanned and go up to an NC30. I think it'd be best for NC27 upwards.

APPLICATION/FINISH: Application is incredibly easy. It blends very well on my skin (make sure you moisturize beforehand!) and doesn't look thick or heavy at all. I use my fingers for the best finish although it's workable with a brush too. It gives a semi-matte finish, similar to how NARS sheer glow looked on my skin but slightly less satiny. I met up with some guy friends for dinner and as soon as I met them one of them said "you're not wearing any face makeup today are you?" and another went on to say "your skin looks so clear...what skincare stuff are you using!" Hehe...I was suprised guys would notice that. But I was really happy that my foundation was virtually undetectable yet my skin still looked good!

COVERAGE: I have freckles on my nose, redness, uneven skintone and acne scarring on my cheeks. This foundation evens out my skintone really well, hides redness too. My freckles still show through and although it does give some coverage to acne scarring, you'll have to pair with some concealer if you want full coverage. Despite its medium coverage, it does still manage to look like 'real' skin.

LASTING POWER: It does last about 6 hours without me feeling the need to blot my nose. My nose doesn't usually get that oily even in warm weather, but with this foundation it does get shiny in a couple of hours for some reason. The rest of my face is fine though, no oil problems caused by this foundation there. I notice definate fading after about 8 hours though. Definately not 16 hours as it claims.

REACTIONS: I have very sensitive skin and this foundation does not break me out or irriate my skin, despite containing lots of silicones and alcohol. Just make you sure remove your makeup very well.

Overall this is a very good DS foundation and I'm glad I got this instead of the MAC SFF. The only downpoint is the oily nose and minimal lasting power (all my other foundations last at least 10 hours+) Oh, and the smell is a little offputting too, like artificial apricots or something.

on 3/3/2011 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The amount of foundations I've gone through over the years is insane. After 'almay - skin stays clean' foundation was discontinued, which was my absolute HG, I've been on a constant mission to find another just as great. This is almost there! I'm happy to use this until I find another one that's 5 stars. This gives a medium coverage, it isn't heavy at all, doesn't make those dry patches you may have on your face turn orange after a few hours of wear... And most of all, it matches my skin tone perfectly. It's super easy to apply because it isn't thick, it's a real light, creamy consistency. & when I have breakouts, it gives a great coverage. All in all, i love this product. The only down points is that it isn't oil free... and I somehow get oily skin once my make-up is applied. So those of you with super oily skin types, I wouldn't advise this!

on 2/21/2011 1:03:00 PM

I really like this foundation. I have some problems with breaking out from foundation and this one doesn't break me out. It is soft and natural looking. I have normal/dry skin.

on 2/12/2011 10:55:00 AM

I first got this foundation in a swap as I heard good things about it and really wanted to try it. I really like the coverage which is not too heavy and matte, but not too thin and shiny either. It's quite thick but ok if you blend it well and sort of sets to a nice finish. I've given it a 4/5 as the colour range is quite limited and runs too yellow for me. I'm NW20 and shade 52 is the closest, although it is slightly too dark. Doesn't last 16 hours on me as it claims to, but will just about make it through working day on my combination skin. For the price not bad at all.

Video Reviews & Tutorials