January 29, 2015 | 1984 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by leenafuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation. Gives good coverage and is easily blended. I use a mixture of shades 51 and 52. It smells like apricots and the plastic pump packaging is convenient and perfect for travel. It lasts all day and is perfect for my dry skin. No need to powder. Gives my skin a beautiful glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by chetana

I bought this product in the packaged with concealer (lighter one) in shade of vanilla. I thought that vanilla shade would better suit my skintone but it doesn`t. It seems to be for me a bit more yellow what I hate. Overall, the make up does a good job, makes my skin look somehow smoother, it also does not dry me out completely and on the other hand, it doesn`t make me look oily. What I hate is that the coverage is not what I really need so I try to "build it up" and I really have to be very careful about it because it is really cakey! I might repurchase it again but will look closely on shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was quite nervous about trying this because I need a lot of coverage due to red acne scars. A lot of reviews people had said they needed little to no concealer with this so I thought I best go and buy it!

The colour match is perfect for me, I got 51 the fairest shade and it's perfect. The foundation is so lightweight and for the first time in ages it felt like I had nothing on!

I've got oily skin but I love a dewy look and this is semi-matte and I am so in love with it. Didn't look greasy at all, just good and healthy.

I wasn't so impressed with the coverage, I layered it on and it made the red areas less red but I still needed the same amount of concealer I would usually have.

I did an 8 hour shift at work today and I did a small touch up but apart from that it held up really well. I only dotted a bit more foundation on my problem areas.

This didn't break me out which I think is a first for me. It was quite an experience to not have loads of spots after a new foundation!

It has a pump too which is FANTASTIC. Makes me not care about the plastic tube, and of course it smells beautiful. Made me feel quite virtuous :)

I'd say I'll buy this again when my skin is better and less red and hope it hasn't been discontinued by then!

It's really good for the price (£9.99)

LC x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit 1/22/12: The bad news, this is not available in the US any longer. The good news, it is available in the UK - I buy mine at Asos.com and ebay and have been happy. Best stuff EVER!

Love is an understatement as to how i feel about this foundation, my HG for about 6 months now and I very stingy with my 5 lippie ratings.

I started using it in the summer when my skin is always at its best b/c of the humidity and it's easy to like a new foundation. My real test has always been how a foundation holds up in the bitter New Jersey winter, where my skin relentlessly flakes off like a snake from November-March. I must say, this foundation has fared well in both extremes and my skin is really holding up this year.

Each swipe of this on my face completely neutralizes any ruddiness and brings it into perfect balance, it's actually enjoyable to watch it transform. I feel it provides medium coverage but looks and feels lightweight, dries quickly but allows you enough time to blend effectively, stays put all day in heat/sweat, does not look masky, does not stick to dry spots or contribute to oiliness in t-zone (I have combo skin). Most importantly and perhaps best of all.... it does not break me out even if I forgot to wash my face before bed (bad, I know!)

The foundation itself is a pretty matte by itself but when I use it over my Lumene Cocktail Drops (amazing!) I get a very nice dewy glow that I've received a lot of compliments on since I've started using them both.

The girl at Ulta scared me and month or two ago by saying that the Bourjois line was going to be discontinued so I stocked up for a few months, of course she could be misinformed but I'm taking no chances.

Hell hath no fury if this every gets discontinued!

Price: $24

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water) Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat., Parfum (Fragrance), Panthenol, Alcohol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Silica, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerine, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Prunus Armenaica (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid +/- May Contain Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by bumos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Bourjois healthy mix is my 3rd venture into drugstore foundations. my first two (revlon colorstay and loreal infallible) were total colour mismatches (revlon was too pink and infallible turned orange...however that's probably because of the shades of available where i am). i wanted to find something cheaper to use for work everyday since i work in a hospital, and didn't want to go in wearing my usual bobbi brown one. i had heard many good reviews about this particular foundation in the blogging world and here on MUA, so i thought i'd give it a try, especially since it claimed to be good for the skin. after swatching several shades on my jaw, i decided on 53. i couldnt really see much difference between 53 and 54 in the store lighting, so it was actually a risk. anyway, i had a chance to try it out the next day in daylight. on application, there is an apricoty smell, some people may not take to. i loved it though. initially, it applied a bit light and my face did have a pink sheen to it. however, after half an hour or so of application, the colour oxidized and matched my tone almost perfectly. to tell you the truth, i didnt love it at first. i was going through a bout of 'dry skin syndrome' due to the changing weather (winter) and my skin had flaky bits beside my nose and mouth, and also fine lines due to dehydration. the foundation did cover my pores well, i'd say coverage is medium ( i could still see freckles). it didnt really help with the dry bits on though and they seemed more obvious, even with a heavy moisturizer underneath. however, since my skin has improved lately, i find that it does indeed give it a 'glowing' look and evens out skintone well. i've tried applying it with the body shop foundation brush, the elf powder brush and also my fingers and i like it best with the powder brush for an airbrushed look and fingers for a sheerer application. silly foundation brush made it streak and i'd have to smoothen it out with my fingers afterwards. it dries to a semi-matte finish...not too dewy and not too matte that i look like i have a mask on my face. i have sinced purchased it in beige 54, and i find i can get away with both colours, 54 giving me slight tanned look. as for repurchasing, i haven't decided yet. for referance, i use beige 3 in bobbi brown skin foundation.
EDIT: upgrading to 5 lippies. i loooove this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by xxdelyxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really nice product , i have noticed in the amount of breakouts on my skin. Love the smell. Great coverage barely use any concealer with it.
I am using the lightest shade, perfect match looks like I have flawless skin because its such a great match. BUY THIS :L

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by OverTheHill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is as near to HG as I'm going to get. Good coverage, natural finish, neither too glowy nor too matte, good colours for pale skin. If they made it, I'd be NW 17.5, and the lightest shade is a bit too pale. It matches my jawline wonderfully, but over the whole face I look like Casper's older sister. The next darker shade looks much better, and blends so well it doesn't leave a tide mark.

But the best bit - ta daa and trumpets please - is that I have no blackheads using this. For years, and through many formulations, I've been a ColourStay girl, though with regular forays into others to see if there was anything I liked better. Everything I used - cleanser, toner, moisturiser, primer, foundation, powder - was and is oil free, but I still had blackheads. I thought it was my skin and I'd never get rid of them. But since I've started using the Healthy Mix two weeks ago, and changing nothing else, they've disappeared. Hallelujah!

The reason I said 'nearly' HG was because of the lasting power. To be honest it is very good, and that's on oily skinned me. But to be absolutely HG, I'd like it to have all of the good bits I've mentioned with the staying power of CS or EL DW. However it's a minor quibble, and I shall be sticking with this from now on.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 7:19:00 AM More reviews by secretisland

The Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (I got it in shade 52 Vanilla) feels light on the skin, like it doesn't exist. It is hydrating enough and gives a very nice sheen to my face. The first thing you notice when applying it is a pleasant, fruity smell which disappears after a few seconds. The coverage is light to medium and the price is about 15-20 Euros.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by xloveleighx

I have finally found my HG drugstore foundation! I am an NC20 and i use shade 53 in this foundation.Before i was using Nars sheer glow in Figi which i loved, but it was just too expensive. However after trying this i think Healthy mix is the same quality if not better! I would say it gives the same effect as Nars sheer glow, kind of a dewy finish rather than a matt finish. My main problems with foundations is that they accentuate my pores around my nose, but this doesn't do this at all! It also gives good medium coverage without looking cakey. It also doesn't have a horrible chemically smell that you get with Revlon colourstay or Mac Studio fix, it also has a pump which you don't get with these foundations. Overall i love this foundation! xx

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 9:00:00 AM More reviews by salutsophie

Advantages: Good coverage; lightweight and natural looking; the bottle comes with a pump applicator and allows you to see how much product there is left in the bottle.

Disadvantages: Limited range of colours; less product in the bottle than other Bourjois foundations.

After buying Bourjois' Bio Detox and hating it with a passion, I vowed never to try Bourjois foundations again. However, when I found my beloved Revlon Colorstay empty I had to use the only foundation that was on hand: my mother's Healthy Mix.

As soon as I applied it, I loved it. The product is advertised as a medium buildable coverage foundation with a semi-matte finish. Normally I avoid foundations that are anything other than matte like the plague because I have oily skin, but the formula is oil-free. Once applied, it leaves your face with a natural, dewy finish and is so lightweight and natural looking that you almost forget you're wearing foundation! It's also hydrating, which is essential for a winter foundation as it stops my skin from drying out.

I absolutely love this foundation: it gives me the coverage that I need without feeling heavy or looking cakey, it's suitable for my combination skin and doesn't make my T-zone look oilier! The only reason I'm not giving this foundation 5/5 is because I felt a bit cheated about the amount of product that you get in the bottle compared to other Bourjois foundations, although technically it is cheaper!
There was also a limited range of colours in my local Boots store, although there may be more shades available in larger branches.

I would recommend this foundation to everyone. So what are you waiting for? Go out and try it!