Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 7/1/2011 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

First off, let me say that I gave this 4 stars for 2 reasons: it is not available in U.S. (I am from SF Bay Area, and I received these from a Canadian swapper having a blog sale), and also because it claims to last 16 hours, when for me working a 7-5 office job (10 hours), it had sheered out during the day. For me this isn't as much as an issue, considering I am a TM girl, or lightweight foundation, and this is perfectly in-between! If this was available here, I would buy 3 bottles of every shade I turn to throughout the year. If you are looking for a medium coverage, however, this is definitely build-able :)

I will continue to use it until I run out, and I have tried with the 190, 187, 188, and some Real Techniques brushes, and my two favorite are the blush brush, which I never use for blush, but I have 2 for powder and liquid foundation, and the Stipple brush (not the buffer brush). They are the cutest pink brushes with flat handles so they stand up on your table!

This is a great product, and it gets better when applied with the right tools. I use NYX cream blush over it, and set my nose with powder, and it looks wonderful (for the time it stays on my face). I am also a NC30 and I use the shade 54, which is a tad light, but it works. I hope this helps you guys!

on 6/30/2011 3:22:00 PM

I really like this foundation, I like it a lot. However I think sometimes it can look cakey when you apply powder that isn't transclusent which i like to do for more coverage.
But this really is an amazing drugstore foundation, probably the best, and I would buy it again!

on 6/29/2011 11:09:00 AM

Love it! My HG foundation. It doesn't break me out, like the most of the foundations. I have acne problem so I want something with goed coverage. Well, this one gives great coverage without looking cakey or like a mask. It has nice sheen to it, but nothing too much. It is mat, but with some kind of natural glow, can't really describe it. I have oily combination skin and this foundation is perfect for me. Like the price, too ;-)

on 6/29/2011 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

So pleasantly taken aback by this foundation! It's got so many pros, and definitely not that many drawbacks at all. I'm NC25 and got this in #52, which is a pretty perfect match for me. The first time I applied it I thought it ran too yellow, but that's just 'cause I'd put way too much on. Don't get me wrong, it does run fairly yellow - but this way it neutralizes any redness beautifully, say around the nose etc, without the need of concealer on top. It's pigmented enough, it goes on smooth, it blends very easily, it gives a luminous finish, it lasts long and it's got a fun smell. But the best thing about it is it looks oh so natural! Its texture feels so light and modern, and it's barely noticeable close-by; obviously people can tell you have some sort of foundation on due to your completely uniform and perfectly even skintone (medium-buildable coverage = love), but they can't SEE it. This is an awesome product. I love it, trust it and cherish it as much as my Chanel Pro Lumiere, only for different reasons. And it's actually serious stuff, it's not just "good for a drugstore brand", it's good in general, compared to every low and high end foundation on the market. Like, I would be willing to use this on my wedding day (some day). Last but not least, its price is dreamy for such a performace, in my opinion! Will repurchase.

on 6/25/2011 12:12:00 PM

I think I finally found my HG foundation!

Packaging: Plastic, nothing too fancy, love the pump!

Smell: Very fruity, doesn’t linger.

Application: Goes on beautifully (even more so on top of a primer) and blends very easily into the skin. As it is quite liquid, a little goes a long way. One pump is usually enough to cover my whole face and neck.

Coverage: Medium buildable coverage with a very natural finish which I LOVE! It covers my dark under-eye circles almost completely (due to the yellow tones in the foundation), as well as my blemishes, so I only need concealer on my very bad days. It sets, so I don’t need to use a powder with this, which saves me some time in the morning. The colour (51 Light Vanilla) is a perfect match for my fair skin, and has nice neutral undertones. Another big plus is that I don't feel like wearing foundation at all, it's so light weight!

Staying power: This foundation claims to last 16 hours – it definitely lasts me through the day when I use a primer (and I use the dirt cheap E.L.F. one ^^) and without I only need a minor touch-up round my nose.

Price: I think it costs £9.99 for 30ml, I think, which is amazing value for money!

It's oil-free!

Would I buy this again? Hell yeah!

on 6/21/2011 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

okay so after hearing all the rave reviews i decided to buy it.i didn't had any luck with the other 2 Bourjois foundations i bought in the past (matt lovely,bio detox) but this one looked better.

and it is,1st of all it smells absolutely amazing i could sniff it all day long, second it gives a medium to full coverage,which is perfect for me...
third it gives a semi matte finish which make me look healthy and radiant,but not oily.

i cannot say if this lasts for 16hr but it lasts 8 for sure!

it hasn't break me out!!!!!(yet)

on 6/20/2011 12:25:00 PM

This foundation applys like a dream, very soft and glowy effect. All the colours in range are definetly yellow based, and i having pink undertones dont actually mind this..it seems to neutralize it. The colour is almost a perfect shade match (Im NW20 and a shade 51 in this) I used to apply it with a elf powder brush but reach for a more conventional foundation brush when i need more coverage. It does cover discoloration, i'de say its a light-medium coverage foundation thats buildable, but i tend to need a concealer (Mac studio finish is perfect!) to cover blemishes. I set it all with a powder (Dream matte is good for this i find because it doesnt stop it looking natural and make it chalky and uneven) But i feel that i need to blot every couple of hours with this because i get oil breaking through making my nose very shiny.. even if i use with primer powder and setting spray. its such a shame because it looks so natural and beautiful, i think this would suit normal-dry skins a little better but if anyone knows how to help my problem let me know because i think this is an amazing foundation! This hasnt broken out my very acne prone, combo-oily, congested skin. For now i'll stick to BM but when i want to change it up i always go for this! Give it a go at the price (Around £10 i think) you cant really go wrong, watch out though is you have very very sensitive skin because i think this is perfumed.. very lightly! I think it smell gorgeous - like suncream!

on 6/15/2011 5:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have sensitive skin, which has flared up recently and driven me crazy so I had to throw away my old heavier foundation (EL double wear). I went back to this brand because I used to wear it with no angry skin related problems, and I was hoping to find this the case again. I chose shade 52 Vanille, which was a little too dark for me, but still blends rather well and doesn't leave my face looking dirty.

The Pros:
-It looks great and rejuvenates my dull looking skin (not blessed with that porcelain pale skin sadly, just the sickly looking kind)
-Smells divine, which makes me feel good when wearing it
-Applies great and lasts most of the day except on my nose but I'm a little red in that area so I often have to re-apply there during the day for that reason.

The Cons:
-Causes my skin to breakout quite badly after using for more than occasional wear.

on 6/14/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

1.Skin type – dry to normal/dry

2.Colours – limited amount of colours (about 6 I think) and they are all quite yellow-based. This is fine for me but maybe not for everyone...

3.Packaging – plastic bottle. Not very interesting but good because you can see how much product is left.

4.SPF – None.

5.Price - £9.99. Fantastic value for money. I would expect to pay more for such a good foundation.

6.Application – applied well with a foundation brush. Blended easily with no streaks. Smells divine.

7.Coverage – light to medium and buildable for areas that need more.

8.Finish – dewy to semi-matte depending on skin type.

9.Wear during the day – I have quite dry skin and this hasn't accentuated any dry areas or made my skin feel tight. My skin feels looked after all day.

10.Lasting power – dry skins probably do not need to powder for this to last nicely all day. Normal skins may want to lightly powder down the centre of the face.

I would recommend this foundation to anybody that has quite dry, young or relatively blemish free skin. I would not recommend to someone with an oily skin at all. Absolutely worth a try at such an amazing price. I will definitely be buying this again.

on 6/12/2011 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just bought this after seeing two positive reviews on YouTube. It gives a medium but natural coverage, smells lovely - like apricot. I have oily to combination skin and this smooths over my pores, keeps me fairly shine free and hasn't caused any breakouts. I'd highly recommend especially as it only costs £9.99!

Video Reviews & Tutorials