October 30, 2014 | 1360 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had reviewed this under the wrong listing, so I moved it here.
7/11/09: I purchased this on sale at CVS in sand beige. (NC20 for reference). I wore all last week to work (no touch-up time in my job, we hit the ground running at 8 a.m. and I get home around 8 p.m.) I used it over moisturizer and anti-chafing gel primer and it looked pretty much the same at 8 p.m. as it did at 6:30 a.m. It's lightweight, coverage is buildable, and it's easy to work with. Finish is soft and pretty. I recommend it highly.
EDIT 9/10/09: HG. Updating to 5 lippies. I've been wearing this for a couple of months now. It's a perfect everyday foundation - I bought it to use in a summer rotation, but I wind up reaching for this one all the time. Application is a dream, picture perfect finish and it lasts as long as Colorstay yet feels...weightless. I also think it keeps my eye makeup and blush looking freshly applied all day. Removal is easier than Colorstay. I don't require a makeup remover with this fdn. I don't think there's a better summertime foundation out there, at least for me. One night, recently, I came home and just collapsed after a 12 hr. day. I woke up next morning, and this foundation was still in place - not perfect, but still all there! I guess it really is a 24 hr. foundation. Yikes!

21 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! i've been using this for maybe 2 weeks now and it is great. No breakouts or anything plus you have to remember that you must use a primer. I don't know why girls wouldn't use a primer nowadays anyways right?

Well this is sorta more of a cream/liquid verses complete liquid and it is full coverage when I apply it with a stippling brush. It dries to a powdery finish verses a liquid finish like revlon's. I still love revlon, but the color classic beige in this matches my skin well! It stays on all day and I don't have a problem with it.

It's like $8 at walmart, can't beat that!

The only thing that sucks about this is the damn bottle. I have to tap my bottle to get the product out. UGH. Wish it had a pump!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Wow! Was I surprised when I saw that this is an old-fashioned type of screw lid bottle. I thought the bottle had a pump. That aside, I absolutely love this makeup. I don't know about the 24-hour claim, but it seems to stay fresh and clean looking after at least eight hours. This is very easy to apply and you only need a little bit to achieve a flawless, porcelain look. I really hope they come out with a powder version of this, if they haven't already. This is one of the two best lasting foundations I have ever used (the other is L'Oreal Infallible). Not a fan of the bottle, but the product inside is great!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by bunnyb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this foundation. After all it's brand new and most of the reviews are good. This product simply didn't deliver any positive results for me at all except for the fact that the color match was perfect. Other than that, this product is HORRIBLE!! I got this product at BOGO for $10 which was great. However, it made my skin SUPER OILY!! My skin is normally dry in the winter and oily in the summer but no where near as oily as this foundation made it. I went through blotting tissues every hour and my face continued to look as if I had just applied crisco cooking oil to it. If that wasn't bad enough, this foundation rubbed off on EVERYTHING!! It did not deliver transfer resistant results for me as the packaging claimed. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt for a few days but to no avail. Even blotting powder didn't help. I returned it after a couple of weeks. BOO to Maybelline super stay!!! I will continue to use Estee Lauder Double wear and Revlon's colorstay!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by lasoltera

I am NC25 and I use this in Nude. I am a faithful MAC SFF for years!! Not even Revlon CS was able to pull me away. BUt lets face it, MAC SFF is pricey, not the most expensive, but still.
Anyway, this has a really good buildable coverage and blended like a dream. I work 10 hour days in an office and this wasn't as flawless as 7am but it was still rockin @ 6pm with no touchups. Very Happy. And it has enough yellow in it for my olive skin.
I kept passing it at Walgreens wanting to try it but kept saying naaaah, it's going to flop. Wasn't until a week ago I passed it in Target for 10 bucks with a free bonus full-size colorstay concealer in cream(btw way, love the concealer too)

* oh and thanks for starting the new listing for this product, I see a lot of 4/5 star ratings for this new Superstay under the old Superstay Silky,

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 8:17:00 AM More reviews by iluvmakeup1963

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this foundation much better than Revlon CS. It isn't quite as thick, however I still get great coverage from it. I have mild rosacea on my cheeks and nose, and it covers that without looking cakey and mask like. It covers everything i need and want it to, but looks natural. It lasts all day on me, with barely a touch up, only after almost my entire 8 hour shift. My only con with this, as with most foundations, is no pump. I am going to see if i can either find one, or one from an old bottle might fit. ***EDIT*** I still like this foundation, but I am liking Revlon PhotoReady MUCH better.