Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 2/29/2012 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

very very nice product, you can smudge it for a smokey eye look. You can give it a clean stroke for a nice cat eye. It is very awesome!
But the only downside is the saying ability. It is not very durable especially on oily skin :(
Smudges by the end of the day and gave me panda eyes lol. Probably because the weather here is hot and humid.

on 2/28/2012 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

By far the best gel/cream liner on the market smooth and easy to apply and when it sets its budge proof. Also doesn't make my eyes burn and itch like MAC fluidline and doesnt flake like Smashbox or Benefit liners. Brilliant product for the price. I mix black and the brown to make the perfect blackest brown shade. Also the brown makes a fantastic brow filler for those with dark brunette hair. Brush is good quality also.

on 2/28/2012 12:38:00 AM

this is probably the best eyeliner i have ever used, it doesn't smudge and it doesn't come off with water, if you don't reapply after so many hours, it fades though but that's normal! i'm very pleased with this product and i found my new go-to eyeliner for my cat eye look! the brush is just an added bonus too.

I love this stuff! i bought it because i was just looking for a new eyeliner that wasn't a pencil but wouldn't smudge and let me tell you...it doesn't! some people on here say it does, but i havn't had that problem at all. When i apply it, I do have to say if where you apply it touches your eyelid before it dries, you get a little smudging, but i just make sure it dries before it let it touch my eyelid. It stays on FOREVER! I even accidently left it on over night and it was stil a perfect line by the time I woke up...amazing!

on 2/22/2012 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I usually use liquid liner and this was one of my first forays into the world of gel liner.

I actually find the brush to be good and that's what I use to apply it. The bristles are just the right balance between stiff and flexible. I kept the little plastic tube that came on the brush and keep it on when not in use to protect the bristles. I've had mine for about 3 months now and there's no sign of the gel drying out yet.

The texture of the liner itself is very smooth and moist, but not wet. It feels more creamy to me than gel-like. I can apply a very thin, subtle line with the brush, or I can apply a thick, dramatic line. I also find it easy to do winged liner with this. It takes a few minutes for it to set completely once on the eye, and until then it can be smudged to soften the line.

After it's set, it doesn't budge. With an eyelid primer, it wears all day and doesn't smudge, crease, or fade. Without an eyelid primer, it will still wear well with a very slight amount of fading on my oily eyelids.

This is somewhat water-resistant on me. The majority of it comes off with my cleanser, but to remove it completely, I have to either wash twice (and make sure to give my eye area a thorough rub-down with the cleanser) or use something oily.

I have this in "Charcoal." It's a lovely deep charcoal gray with some shimmer. The shimmer isn't very noticeable unless viewing up close.

This won't replace liquid liners for me, but it's a great product in its own right and a good introduction to gels.

on 2/18/2012 2:59:00 AM

Excellent gel liner, stays put all day, very black, doesn't smudge or transfer and cheap compared to some other brands, and the liner brush that it comes with is excellent and use it to apply all my gel liners!!

on 2/18/2012 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good product, and I was very happy it came with a brush. It's very creamy and easy to put on my waterline, tight line and lash lines. The only con I have is that the waterline only lasts about 2 to 3 hours and it does smudge a bit after about 4 or 5. I will repurchase if I do not find one that is able to last longer. I have been seeing rave reviews about the wet n wild gel eyeliner and will compare.

on 2/17/2012 5:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This was the first gel eyeliner I bought, and it's totally converted my into a gel girl. I love how the application is so smooth and easy to apply. You can create so many different looks with ease! Best thing about it though is that it doesn't smudge and lasts the whole day (as opposed to pencils & etc.).
Would definitely purchase it again, and maybe try out the brown version next time.

on 2/12/2012 5:06:00 PM

This gel eyeliner doesn't stay on as long as I hope it to be. Such a waste of money! So don't purchase it. I recently purchased L'Oreal HIP gel eyeliner and it works like a charm.

on 2/12/2012 3:26:00 AM

I knew this eyeliner works greatly on a friend of mine but it just doesn't do the same job on my oily eyelids. I mean what the hell!? It even starts to fade a bit after I have applied it on my eyelids. But that isn't the main reason why I dislike this eyeliner. The texture is beautifully made and you can decide whether you wanna wear it lightly and make it blur a bit or wear it heavier like what you see on those commercial girls with thick eyeliners. The price is however, quite affordable. It is about RM45 but I thought its a little pricey due to the quality it brings to me. It lasts me at least 6 hours outside and after a few hours I will see it faded some on the bottom waterline and below the bottom eyelash lines. Luckily, this bad side isn't noticeable. Furthermore, I really dislike the cap! It reminds me of Coke and I thought it is quite weird and less pretty to see in cosmetic (right?). I give the packaging quality 3 mainly because I love the eyeliner brush which comes with this eyeliner. It is nicely made and allows you to draw smooth and thin lines. It doesn't change even after thousand years of washing it and using it again ^,^.

Video Reviews & Tutorials