July 30, 2014 | 1917 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never tried a gel liner prior to hearing about this here in MUA and purchasing it recently at Ulta. I typically prefer pencil liners since I usually only wear liner on my bottom waterline and liquids don't work well for this.
I figured a gel would have a good consistency for upper lash line application, winged out liner, or anything else since gels don't typically dry quickly so you have more blending time. I bought this product in both black and brown. I have only used the brown so far and I like it a lot. I love the tiny brush that this liner comes with; it's the perfect size and great for applying/blending this product. I am not sure about the staying power yet since I've only used it a couple of times and only on my water line, but so far so good. I can't wait to try the black version as well. I also feel that since this liner is a gel it won't dry up super quickly inside its packaging.
If this product continues to perform well I will definitely repurchase even though one tiny container will last a long time because there is so much product inside and you do not need to use a lot of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

here in italy it is preatty expensive but worthed. The brush it is exellent and precise. like it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

I had high hopes for this liner. Bought it in Charcoal wich was a perfect color for me, black being too harsh. Staying power...2 hours. I have deep set eyes so it ended up on my upper lid. Not ideal. At least is wasen't expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly decent eyeliner given it's only about 10 bucks. The staying power is ok but it does smudge a bit on my waterliner and i can clearly see some missing spots on my lower lashline. the brush is very high quality stuff, the texture of the liner is fine. it was hard to apply at first, but after using it for a couple of times, i have become good at it. will not buy again but i give it a 5/5 just because it's satisfactory as a drugstore product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by HarleyQuinn84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this gel eyeliner -- it really looks fantastic and is a lot more precise than either a pencil or liquid eyeliner. It smudges ONLY when I want it to!

My only, and major, complaint is the little brush that goes with it is pointless and downright painful. It's too sharp, too hard, even though I tried to soften it up with a good cleaning. I use a different brush all together. The one they give you I think is too dangerous to be put near my eye. It could seriously tear up the sensitive, thin skin there.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by jennyvo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not being able to afford high end products, this gel eyeliner is an incredible affordable dupe!

The blackest black colour was out of stock when I bought it so I ended settling for brown. Which was a good choice in hindsight. It's much much more natural for everyday looks. And if you layer it on to be honest, you can't even tell the difference between black and brown.

THe brush that they provide is also amazing! Don't throw it out! It's pretty thin - so perfect for thin lines or you can use it on the side for thicker lines!

The only problem I have with this eyeliner is that brown is a bit more dry formula (hence why I gave it 4 lippies); you should wet the brush first. If not, I find that I have to drag it quite a bit to get a clean line.

Great value for the price !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by judieq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never bought a gel liner before since I was already having so much trouble with liquid liners. But after all the rave reviews and the drugstore pricing of this I decided to give it a try. I must say that it is much easier to apply than I expected. But the best part is that it doesn't smudge. After an hour of wearing kohl pencil or any liquid liner I usely look like I haven't slept in 3 weeks but this stays put! For me, that alone is worth 5 stars. I'm still curious about the Mac Fluidline eyeliner gel dipdown, but for now this is the best eyeliner I ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by littlekoala8

im obssesed with eyeliner especially now that ive gotten into the cat eyed wing thing. ive tried many liquid from l'oreal, N.Y.C, for example and although they were decent., its definately nothing compared to this.
the good thing about this product is that its super smooth, glides on and is super easy to work with to my surprise. i was hoping for a lil bit more pigmented in the black but it works fine. i hav kindof oily lids so if the eyeliner is thick, its most likely to smugde. its lasts me the whole day and u dont need a lot of it to accomplish the look. it comes wit a lot of product so im hoping it will last me longer than the l'oreal liquid eyeliner.

the only bad thing i hav to say is tht u do hav to clean o rinse the brush everytime u use it. it tends to dry up and clump after each use. but the brush in general is super smooth n is perfect to use wit the cream eyeliner. i absolutely love this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mzebra

I'm a lover of liquid eyeliner, especially that Almay one with the long tapered cap. Well move over liquid eyeliners because the Maybelline Gel eyeliner is top notch. I was surprised to find how much easier this product is to use compared to pencil and liquid eyeliners. And it's not just for creating dramatic lids. This is sweet for applying a thin and effortless strokes for an everyday look. I'll be stocking up my makeup bag with more of these shades the next time my local store runs a bogo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by nnana

I have always wanted to try a gel eyeliner but found MAC too expensive so when I saw this, I knew I had to buy it! Its surprisingly easy to apply and the brush provided is brilliant. It's also a true black shade and doesn't smudge on my oily lids. Don't be fooled by the small jar - there is a lot of product in there and it lasts a looonnngg time!