July 29, 2014 | 879 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just got this in Fair, I don't even know why, because I had gotten a sample a while ago and I didn't like anything about it...
But anyway, I bought the full size yesterday and used it today...and back it goes tomorrow.
- Lame coverage - 5 hours into wearing it, it looks patchy and all my acne scars show
- Made me oily in like an hour, it's gross
- Oxidized 3 after 2 hours of wearing it. I'm at work and my face is reddish, I cannot even wash it out dammit!
- My face feels funny, burny and slightly itchy, I'm guessing a reaction to this horrible product.
Needless to say I think it's a crappy product and won't rebuy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2009 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Xgirlfriend13

Its not bad but it's a miracle worker either. Not for me at least. Colour matching is too much effort on my part because I'd have to magically blend medium & medium beige with the bronzer to get the appropriate colour for my skin. In terms of the feeling on my face it is light but i just didn't like the look of it, so I went back to my liquid foundations. Over time I just incorporated the two. I'd start with a face primer (MUFE's hd primer in neutral) then use my MAC sff in nw30 then set it with Bare Escentuals medium or medium beige which ever is closer. Keeps both products in place and I'm much happier with the look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I guess i'm one of the few who really like this product. I have oily/combo/acne prone/sensitive you name it type skin. No breakouts and this last allllll day without making me look like a oily mess. I bought this after my MAC Studio Fix Powder broke me out. I wanted my skin to heal and I didn't want it clog my pores anymore than they already were, so I bought this. I am sooooo loving it. It doesn't make your face shiny like the other formula does but it's not super matte to where it looks weird. You get a real natural finish that last alllll day. This formula is perfect for summer days and the original formula would be good for fall/winter. I always try out different brands of foundation but always seem to go back to BE. Love it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by KarenI

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So disappointed, I like the original better and that's not saying much!!
Thumbs down Bare escentuals!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by picolinaqt

This product is amazing!!!! Makes my skin look absolutely flawless!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by CluelessBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well its not the worst. I have tried worse products. I had a sample of this foundation and a mini brush. I will not be purchasing this. I haven't purchased the regular BE, but after this I am scared to! I got the Fairly Light one and it was orange, you could see it where I am paler on my face. It didn't really do anything for matteness it just showed my dry spots (I am using an acne medication on my forehead and it drys that part up) The mini brush was nice though!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by balticseababe

Color me... ORANGE?!?!?! Don't get me wrong, I love B.E. and use the regular powder. Since I have oily skin I got really excited when "matte" came out especially since the colors where supposed to be the same. Well, truth be told it turned me orange. Maybe it's the ingredient that keeps the oil under control... who knows. I returned it and went back to the regular B.E.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by redqu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yuck! This product went on looking good, but after only a couple of hours had set into my pours and made my face really greasy. If the matte formula was this bad, i can't image how the original formula is so popular. Definitely did not look or feel natural on my combination skin. Maybe it is better fit for someone with older and dryer skin. And no brush comes with it (- - -). Was really disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by alohadiva

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No good. A few hours into wearing this, my face is shiny shiny shiny. Sticking to Benefit Hello Flawless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. I love the original formula too, but this one is better at controlling oil. I like that the coverage is sheer and buildable. My shade is Golden Deep and it is so natural looking. You know, I'm so glad they have realized that not all dark skinned women have red or blue undertones. The yellow/golden undertone is very natural. I always get compliments on my "great skin", lol. It feels so light and stays put all day. I also spray MUFE mist and fix on the top for extra oil control. The sifter was a brilliant idea. Now, if they could just improve those brushes...