October 1, 2014 | 1080 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a bad experience with the original formula so i didn't run to try this product when it first came out. After doing some research on youtube and here, I became curious. I've been having horrible break outs lately and unfortunately I think it's due to the liquid foundation I've been using. So I headed off to Ulta and was happily assisted by a sales associate. She "matched" me in a light shade, NOW, with the previous formula I was using medium beige and even felt I should be using the medium tan, and with liquid foundations I def. don't go anywhere near the "light" shades. She was just so complimentary and saying she loved how it looked on me, ( I know, i'm so gullible) but I honestly did enjoy the coverage I saw in the store so I purchased it. I think I probably could have gone a bit darker, maybe even the medium tone, but I guess at this point we'll have to wait and see. So far I am loving the feel of this formula, don't feel like I have anything on, my skin feels "clean" and just overall very lightweight but it's definitely providing the right coverage for my current problem skin. I did notice that my pores looked HUGE when she was finished applying the product, but after she applied the mineral veil and the warmth it minimized this quite a bit. Anyway, overall a 4/5, if I return this it'll probably be to find a better suited shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ashley920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

omg i couldn't waitttttt to log on & review this product! I just recently did a review on Bare Minerals & i think i gave it a 3/5 or 4/5. I'm very veryyyyy oily & foundations just add more grease to my face so i stick with powder. The thing i didn't like too much about BM is that it never left my face matte. No matter how much i would pile on my face, my cheeks, nose, forehead was still shiny & "dewy" looking..which just makes it look like my face is already shiny after 5 mins when i walk out the door. & also, by the end of the day, it seems like the color "sinks in" & turns me a little orangy..

My friend told me about this product YESTERDAY & i right away ran out to Sephora & bought it. I love loveeeeee this!!!! I had no idea BM made a Matte finish so i was so excited to try this on today! It made my skin so smooth with out looking cakey & it deffff got rid of the "dewy" look when i put this product on. I still had to blot my face today but it helped a lot with the oil.. & also went down 2 shades to help with the orangy color that i get at the end of the day & it helped!! & the new design of the product is a lot better. LOVE IT!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Beachbunnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using BE for 10 years now and was super excited to hear about matte! I absolutely love this! BTW it looks amazing in photographs,
I look a picture of health! Honestly I compared it too my photos wearing regular liquid foundation and no contest!

So I am going through my not liking BE phase. Wore it to work and it looked horrific, looked like I had no make up on at all!! I mean who wants to pile a ton of this on just to get some coverage, I felt like I had dipped my face into a bag of flour! Why is it that sometimes this works and sometimes it doesnt?? I use it on the weekends for my no make up days.

UPDATE! So I keep searching for my HG foundation right.. and little do I know that its been staring me in the face for years! BE.
I mean, its the only foundation that keeps me matte for for the longest without touch ups. Its blends into my skin summer and winter without having to change colours! It looks good in pictures. I think the preperation of you skin and application technique is key to making this product work. Skin has to be moist in order for the minerals to gel with the skin. Also you have to build this up gently and slowly to get the ideal look. Once you get all these components right, it works really well.
So I think im going to stick to this for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

I never thought I would say this... but I've found my HG!
I tried BE's regular foundation a while ago and hated it - I found it way too heavy and mask-like. That's why I like this matte version much better - the coverage is much lighter, but it's still buildable to cover where you need it and doesn't look cakey. It really does give a matte look, controls oil, lasts all day, and doesn't rub off. No break outs either! My skin really seems to like this stuff, because it has cleared up considerably since I switched to this foundation. Even sweating in this stuff or going to the gym is fine. The container has a locking mechanism to keep things tidy and makes the powder portable. Will buy again and again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried their original formula previously, only to find that the bismuth oxychloride made my face super itchy. This Matte foundation supposedly came as a result of all the complaints about bismuth oxychloride.

I found the coverage to be sheer-to-medium, definitely less coverage than their original. It did nothing for oil control either, whereas Everyday Minerals' Intensive Foundation actually controlled oil surprisingly well.

I could not find a good color match either. I am medium-toned Asian with predominate olive tones, some neutral-beige and slight peachy tones. Their colors were either too cool or way too warm for me.... Nothing olive enough. I had to mix Medium Beige with Light but even then it was not a good match.

I would definitely not purchase this again. It is now official. BE is on my blacklist for mineral foundations. I have tried their entire line of foundations & finishing powders, only to be sorely disappointed at the quality and price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily46

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of this. My face doesn't look like a disco ball after a few hours like with the original Bare Minerals. It's very good coverage. It makes my skin look flawless without feeling like I have plaster on my face. I think I've found my new HG foundation. Finally! 2 thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by silverchairchik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to say I love this one so far! I HATED the original version. It made me break out, made my face very itchy, and I hate the shine it has. The original is just awful. I was hesitant to try this because of that but I am glad I did. I find it gives me more coverage then the original did and I have a lot of redness to cover. I use my Handy Buki brush by BE as well and it along with my concealer gives me great coverage. Way better then the original. It controls my oil well which I also like. I always get really oily in the Tzone area and this helps a lot. I also find that the Fair in the Matte version matches my skin better then the Fair in the Regular. I also like the new container it comes in. It was definetly a good idea to put a twist closure to keep the minerals from falling out. They need to do that with all their products. If you hate the original because of break outs and itching, give this one a shot!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 5:32:00 AM More reviews by applekisses09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product would , feels like I have nothing on. This is a must have

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by acrawf01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. I liked the original formula but it broke me out terrible and I could'nt figure out why. This new matte is my new BFF! The coverage is beautiful and I feel like I am wearing nothing and thats what I like. I am combo skin and still get a bit shiny after several hours, but I also put shimmer and all that stuff on afer, so who can really tell. I have fun putting it on and also got the tinted mineral veil. I love that too! This product is worth the try especially if the original did not work for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had never used bare minerals before, so I do not have anything to compare it to, but have used other mineral foundations such as everyday minerals and l'oreal. I got it in light (I wear mac nc15), which I thought may be too dark for me, but it works alright, it is a tad yellow, but it is workable. I find the packaging is awesome, the lid is really nice, container is compact and the new shifter is really helpful to allow you not to lose product.

I use this product with my everyday minerals long handled kabuki, posh kabuki brush, and am still learning which brush works best for it. I do not currently have any BE brushes, they are really expensive and I'd rather spend that money on MAC brushes. I did also get a sample of the regular bare minerals in fairly light with a mini kabuki so I will compare it with that later, that brush is ultra mini though.

The coverage is... between light-med I would say, but it does give your skin that natural look. I have dry-combination skin and it does not reveal dry patches like everyday minerals tends to do, no cakey-ness and it would be hard to overdue the application, if that is possible, this stuff is buildable. It also does not leave any shimmer/dewiness to your skin, the stuff just melts in and leaves a matte finish as the name would suggest. The formulation is a powder, but it is true that it does get creamy once applied to your skin, which is really nice.

It makes promises to help your skin, lessen the appearance of pores, I haven't used it long enough to notice any changes yet. I will update that later. But so far so good with this foundation. No bad reactions either, my skin seems to be liking it.