April 20, 2014 | 1104 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by SadieG

This foundation is wonderful! I have oily skin, and when wearing this my skin tone is even and feels as tho I have nothing on. My secret tip...use a well known department store pore minimizer shine control over moisturizer and under this foundation. Erases pores and keeps makeup fresh all day! No shine or visible pores when combining these two products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by SusanMary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample from Ulta that came with a little brush and a coupon for a free baby buki brush with purchase of the regular size matte.

Surprisingly, I liked this product. I say, surprisingly, because I hated the regular BE foundation. It made my pores look huge and when I looked at my skin in a magnifying mirror (the ultimate test of a foundation for me) I could see it was grabbing onto dry spots and gave me uneven coverage.

This product, which I use in fairly light, has a lighter coverage, is invisible on my skin (even when looking at magnification) and fills in my pores. It is nice and light, doesn't feel like I am wearing anything and can be used by itself without a finishing powder. For more coverage, I would use it over a concealer.

It did stay matte on me, but I don't have skin that is particularly oily. I use COTZ sunscreen, which is a titanium-zinc oxide (SPF 58) that the Derm recommended. It is rather shiny and the BE matte did matte it down and provided a nice finish. Since COTZ is tinted and does provide some coverage, I really didn't need anything else. The SPF (15) in the BE foundation was just a nice addition, nothing I would ever count on for sun protection.

I did go back and get the full size and got the little brush. It is pretty small but seems to be the same quality as their regular ones. The little one that came with the sample can easily fit in the plastic case the baby buki came in so it is good for traveling along with the small sample container.

Update: The brush sheds black hairs all over my face so it looks like I am starting a beard. I use a different brush and it works fine. I did have to exchange for the fair color. The matte seems to be darker and more yellow than their regular since I had worn the fairly light in the regular foundation.

I have fair, aging skin with Rosacea and acne. So far, this seems to work.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by bunnyliu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the regular BE foundation spf 15, and I do get shiny on the nose throughout the day. So I was pretty excited to receive this in the mail, but after trying it, I really have to say I didn't find any different in the product at all (compared to the original formula). I'm sticking to the regular. The foundation is fine, but it gets a 1 because it doesn't do what it says it does.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 8:47:00 AM More reviews by asgearhart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This formula is too matte and the original is too shiny. I mix the two with heavy preference on the original formula. The matte feels heavy, sticks in certain spots and doesn't cover. Colors are different in the two formulas.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by amypaige1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this for free in the mall and was pretty excited to try it based on the rave reviews of the original. I had tried the original before but it make my skin so shiny it was just awful. Well, no shine this time- but after wearing it for two hours or so my skin felt like it was BURNING! Clearly I am allergic to something in this stuff so for now it's back to liquid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Update 3/2012~I am upping the lippies to 4 and here's why...this is a simple formula, and not as matte as I thought due to learning to go over this with the brush a little more. It gives good coverage and withstands the heat and humidity without the itchy/burning feeling or shine of the original. I probably won't use this other than in warm weather, but then, my skin requires completely different skin care and makeup in the summer vs. winter. The shade Medium Beige is fairly forgiving on my slightly olive NC30 skin. I do feel as though I should mention that due to the tenacity of minerals buffed into the skin, I think they should be removed with an oil precleanse so as to avoid mineral residue remaining in the pores and potentially clogging them. My favorite for this purpose is Silk Naturals Apricot Cleansing Oil, but there are many others!~End Update This...is...matte. If you are oily, you may like this version of the normally shiny BE. I found it to be too matte, dry and one dimensional. I hear that they added some of the rare minerals to this~perhaps that's oil absorbing. The medium beige in the original is far more neutral than this medium beige, which is more peachy on me. Now if they could come up with a formula for normal skin...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by crazybaby4200

I`ll have to agree with other reviews that it does not have as much coverage as the normal foundation, but it does keep me less oily during the day which I really love about this. As for needing more coverage, I just keep my normal foundation around and use that on top of areas that need more covering. Overall I think this product works great along with my Clinique`s DDM Gel and Clinique`s pore minimizer which also helps keep shine away.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by psyqotika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried this product for the a month now and I think it's great! I have tried the normal version of bare minerals before and I didn't like it because it was too shiny and the colors were off for my skin tone. However for this, I got the medium beige which is a bit light for my skin but I think it oxidizes out well. I agree with the other reviewer when she said that this formula is a bit more yellow and darker than the original bare minerals. I think this is why I like it better because the yellow tone matches well with my asian skin tone. I think this is great for everyday because it's very light but it also adds good coverage. For reference, I have combination skin and it's doing a great job with the shine and it's also not drying as well. I love it and I will purchase again and again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by perfmem54

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried the Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation in the medium beige today and didn't like it at all. I've worn BE for about five years now and was not unhappy with it, I just wanted to try the matte finish. When I first applied it, it looked very yellow. I thought perhaps I had the wrong shade. I didn't. I then shook out some of my regular medium beige foundation beside the matte foundation on my counter. I was correct. The matte foundation is far more yellow than the regular foundation in the same shade. I won't purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

I tried the original be and my skin wouldnt tolerate it. I tried this one in hopes that I wouldnt be allergic to it but once again I had a horrbible allergic reaction my skin got red and itchy within minutes of application and I had to wash this off asap...Still no luck with a mineral makeup any suggestions are greatly appreciated as for the color match golden medium was pretty close just a smidge light dont know about oxidation as I had to was it off for reference im a MAC nc35-37