April 19, 2014 | 998 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by jessmakeupjunkie

Love love love it! So amazing definitely one of my HG hair products. Smells great and makes my hair incredibly soft. I have curly hair and when I decide to straighten it with a flat iron and use this before blow drying it only takes half the time to straighten. It's great for my curls too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by sakecat22

Count me among the fans. Smells stunning - a musky, buttery vanilla-laced blend. Absorbs quickly. Doesn't make my hair feel greasy. I think my scalp is actually healthier. Gets rid of flyaways and frizz. Doesn't take much to get these results - which for my mid-back length hair is key. Will be replacing my former HG - Oscar Biandi Jasmine Oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 3:31:00 AM More reviews by stcxtc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought small bottle at Nordstrom Rack for like $12. I figured if it was an over-hyped product I could always swap it away. I was surprised to find that this product made my dry, crunchy hair soft and smooth again. It's shiny and brings out my highlights. Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by kickpushhh

I use this product once a week, and it definitely improves the look and feel of my hair. I don't have coarse, dull hair by any means... but this product gives it that extra lustre and shine after the most intense blowdrying and styling! The bottle kinda of annoys me (a little sloppy), but otherwise its thumbs up from me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by swirly_whirl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally caved in and bought the hair oil today after eyeing it for some quite time. It is pricy ($37.50 CDN) but I got it for 20% off! (I have had many people message me, asking where I got this product on sale, so I will just tell the world that I found it at Natural Solutions Hair Salon on the Concourse level of the Scotia Bank Plaza at Yonge/King in downtown Toronto).
It really is a great product and a tiny amount transformed my dry, frizzy, course medium -length hair into straight, shiny, silky princess-like hair, lol. I have tried many serums before in an attempt to get rid of frizz and make split ends less noticeable, but nothing worked as well as MoroccanOil. I also like the fact that it is alcohol-free, unlike most cheaper shine serums on the market. Alcohol-based products are bad because they end up just drying out your hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ellaelise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First let me say that I have long (past my collar bones right now, I need a haircut badly!) fine, highlighted hair that gets the blowdryer treatment at least every other day, and I usually use a mid-priced (sort of crappy) straightening iron on most days to "style" my ends correctly.

The product smells amazing, but may be too much for those who are sensitive to certain smells and perfumes.

I will say that the product does not "smooth" like, say, my Kerastase Ciment or my Living Proof spray. 1 lippy removed because of this. It, for me, is not a cure-all, do-all. But no one should expect any one product to be!

Because what it DOES do is even better. I SWEAR this product eliminates the need for my flat iron. It's as if it "styles" my hair without me having to do anything, except blow dry it! I do use a little smoothing creme on my ends either before or after I apply the Moroccan oil, and the results are fantastic. My hair doesn't look as "smooth" as applying a lot of smoothing product, but as I said, my hair has more style, natural bounce and swing, and oomph to it. It absorbs COMPLETELY, leaves no greasy feeling. Plus, as someone who works around a lot of smokers, it really helps keep out that gross "smoke" smell my hair gets SO EASILY & QUICKLY. And it absolutely leaves my blonde hair shiny as can be.

I would definitely recommend anyone try it, especially those who are in need of help with styling their hair (say because, like me, you're overdue for a hair cut or are in that iffy phase where you don't quite know what to do with it).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by CCW12345

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An unfortunate new HG. I wanted to dismiss this product. I was sure it was going to be another overpriced and over hyped product.
Well, much to my budget's chagrin this product is THE BEST. Annoying glass bottle aside, this magic elixir transforms my damaged, over processed hair into shiny, smooth hair with body.This product did not weigh my hair down! When I hot ironed my hair with my Chi my hair looked like silk and my highlights seemed refreshed.
I even use it on my son's curly unruly hair and it's the ONLY product that tames it. I love this stuff! If you can swing it then by all means GET THIS NOW!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Mlatauska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My most favorite hair styling product out there. This turns my fine, slightly frizzy, dull, color treated hair into silky, SHINY fantabulous goodness. I just put a little root boost or some sort of body building product at the roots while my hair is damp, and then rub about a nickel sized drop of this Moroccanoil into my palms and evenly distribute it thru the ends of my hair (about from the ears down). I have fairly long hair, just above my bra strap. I then comb it thru with a wide tooth comb and then a fine tooth comb, then I round brush the whole thing with my blow dryer. After I am done styling, I run my palm along the mouth of the bottle to just get a TINY barely noticeable amount of this product on my hands, and then I smooth it into the ends of my hair. Gives it such a beautiful, finished, glossy look. AMAZING. I love it. I am so addicted to how it makes my hair look, feel and smell. Almost like a vanilla incense-y kind of smell. I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT. It is kind of expensive, but a regular sized bottle lasts me about six months, even if I use it every day- so it's so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by picklesrjuiceh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

To me, Moroccan Oil was that product that I just wanted so bad, but probably would never end up with because of the price (35 bucks? ummmm... no.). Until one day when our class went to a hair show (I'm a beauty student), practically everyone was carrying around a Moroccanoil shopping bag- which tempted me to go check out the booth. There, they were selling all Moroccanoil products for a big discount- practically 50% off! I knew this oppurtunity was too good to pass up, plus the saleslady did a good job of persuading me even further, so I picked up a bottle.

First of all, this product smells AMAZING (so good, that I wish I could buy a perfume of this scent!). I use about a quarter-size amount for my thick medium-length hair when it's damp, and it instantly makes my hair feel softer. Even though this is an oil, it doesn't leave my hair feeling oily or greasy at all. When my hair dries, I'm left with soft, smooth hair, completely FREE of frizz (and this is coming from someone who has curly, coarse, dry, frizzy hair). When I flat-iron my hair, I use a touch more of this before my heat protector, and I notice that the end result is much shinier, smoother, and silkier.

I've been using this for about 2 months now, and this is hands down my #1 favorite hair product (and I've tried a billion different products). My hair also feels a lot healthier since I've started using it. I'm super glad that I was able to get this for so cheap; I don't know what I'd do without it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by pearl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried it this morning and I don't get the hype. I have blond, slightly wavy, frizz-prone long hair. I put in about a quarter's worth, which seems to be more than others here use. My hair isn't greasy at all, so no issues there. But it's just as frizzy as normal, after air-drying.

Maybe it'll do better after I flat iron, if it does I'll revise my review.

The smell is awesome but doesn't last.