October 22, 2014 | 1293 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by marzipans

Works great on my thick hair if I apply it to wet hair before putting my mousse in and styling it. If you have thick hair, oily hair, or are unsure how to apply it, try putting a tiny bit in your palm and rubbing it over a fine tooth comb until it's pretty even, and then comb it through your hair avoiding the scalp. Helps reduce the greasyness it can leave, and still makes hair shiny.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by maureen2

I got this product for free, thank goodness b/c I hate it. It's greasy and weighs down your hair and it smells awful! I have longer hair that's fine so I used a dime sized amount on my ends and it was too much. So I tried it again using less and it was still too greasy feeling. I recommend Fekkai Technician Top Coat serum.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have been using this about 2 months now, I am not 100% sure how I feel about it because I changed all of my hair products at one time (which in hindsight was likely a mistake since now I have no idea what is working and what is filler but I really had to make a change). My hair was dry, brittle and breaking, it's naturally very course and curly with tons of frizz. I use this product every time I wash my hair (about every 3 days), I separate my damp hair into halves and then apply a very small (dime to nickel sized) amount of product to each side of my long hair (almost reaches the small of my back). I apply a little extra to one particularly damaged area of my hair and it seems to be helping a lot. The bottle will likely last me over a year. My hair is much softer, not breaking as much and it stopped falling out (yeah it was falling out, I had a bald spot). I am not using as many hair products now and I can blow dry my hair without it turning into a giant puff ball. I do think a lot of the good changes in my hair are due to this product, in case anyone is wondering what the other things I am using are: Lush Rehab shampoo, Retread Conditioner, Chi Silk Infusion (back and ends not roots), and sometimes some S Factor smoothing lusterizer or Tigi After party to tame the frizzies and add some shine.
Would repurchase this product, even though it's way to expensive.

Edit - I switched out my shampoo/conditioner but continued using the Moroccan oil and I lost all the softness. So based on that I have to say that it likely was not the Moroccan oil that was improving my hair but the Lush shampoo and conditioner. I also recently tried One and Only brand argan oil from Sally's and I am getting the same results as with this product. I do like Morrocan oil I think it's great for adding shine, controlling frizz and it seem to help with heat protection but I do not think it's any better than other product I have tried such as Chi silk infusion, the argan oil I mentioned or Cherry bomb. I am still leaving it at a 4 because I would rate all the products I listed a 4 as well. And I would repurchase if it was on sale lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by LuckyTiger44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thick, coarse, silver, dry hair here. Moroccanoil works. I use about a dime size tho for my hair, which is down past my bra strap. I use it primarily on the front of my hair and the very back, because if I use it on the ponytail part my hair straightens out which I don't want. I like it fluffy and full, so I leave the ponytail without the Moroccanoil. This is good stuff, tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by perfectweeangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, now i can have that just out the salon look everyday.This is a miracle product,i have coloured dry hair after just one use my hair is transformed into silky shiney soft lovely hair.Hg product and the smell is to die for.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When my hairdresser first used this on my hair I liked the results. So the next time he used it I bought a bottle from the salon to save $$ using it myself at home. I hate it. I don't like using it, it leaves my hair greasy (just how little am I supposed to use anyway?) & I hate the smell. I have this $40 bottle sitting on my dresser for the past 2 & 1/2 years & I don't know what to do with it. I'll give it one more try sometime & if I still can't stand it I may put it up for swap.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ashleyksm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the few hair products that actually have made my hair healthier and softer. I noticed my hair dried faster, which is good because I blow dry my hair 2-3 times a week. The smell is fantastic, it reminds me of an exotic, tropical scent. My hair texture is fine, and if I use too much, it can make my hair look a little greasy. Over all this is my HG hair product and my hair is so much better because if it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by jessmakeupjunkie

Love love love it! So amazing definitely one of my HG hair products. Smells great and makes my hair incredibly soft. I have curly hair and when I decide to straighten it with a flat iron and use this before blow drying it only takes half the time to straighten. It's great for my curls too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by sakecat22

Count me among the fans. Smells stunning - a musky, buttery vanilla-laced blend. Absorbs quickly. Doesn't make my hair feel greasy. I think my scalp is actually healthier. Gets rid of flyaways and frizz. Doesn't take much to get these results - which for my mid-back length hair is key. Will be replacing my former HG - Oscar Biandi Jasmine Oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 3:31:00 AM More reviews by stcxtc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought small bottle at Nordstrom Rack for like $12. I figured if it was an over-hyped product I could always swap it away. I was surprised to find that this product made my dry, crunchy hair soft and smooth again. It's shiny and brings out my highlights. Would buy again.