December 19, 2014 | 1540 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by awag27

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!!! I have acne prone skin, and several leftover acne "marks" (redness). This foundation went on super smooth, and with AWESOME coverage!!! I will continue to use this as long as its sold... and the translucent veil finishing powder is the perfect finishing touch!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by rubydoll5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! Ive been using this for about 6 weeks and would never go back to liquid foundation. I was getting major breakouts and had to keep on switching foundations. This foundation totally cleared up my skin and gives me a flawless natural look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Lexieberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually stumbled across this product for another use than a foundation...I use this mineral foundation as a finishing powder for over my other mineral foundation...lol...As a foundation, I found that it gave me a very 'powdery' finish, and seemed to settle unevenly into my skin...not soo great at all...The brush included is kinda wimpy--not very effective in applying it as a foundation...that said, I use a big fluffy powder brush *lighty* tap on a bit of this foundation, and *lightly* dust it across my face...its sooo awesome because it gives me such a glowy effect-satin-esque appearance....basically exactly what I wanted in BE or L'oreal's finishing veils (both failed at that)...I use Creamy Natural (light 05) over my 458 L'Oreal BN foundation...gives me a perked up, angelic glow....I haven't had any problems with itchiness, or breakouts from it...i'm just glad I didn't swap this away!!!

Edit: Okay, unfortunately this product broke me out on my cheek area...so I am lowering the lippies and discontinuing use...blah--very dissapointed... >=0

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 2:41:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really hope that Maybelline doesn't discontinue this product. Prior to owning this, I only owned high-end cosmetics such as MAC, Make Up For Ever, Clinique, BeneFit, Lancome, Laura Mercier, etc. However, I thought, most mineral products contain the same key ingredients, so why not give this a shot? I own mineral powders from Laura Mercier, MAC, Tarte, EM, BE, and this by far is the best one. All the others either made my face itch, accentuated my pores, or offered too little or too much coverage. This product blows all the others out of the water. I love the satiny coverage of this powder. I don't have to use concealer to cover up any redness because this takes care of it. It has just enough coverage that it doesn't cake so it looks like your own skin, but not too little that you can't hide your imperfections. I have the color Pure Beige and it matches my skin tone perfectly, and my skin tone is pretty hard to match! Since using this product my acne has began to clear up. It covers well over concealer (for my dark circles) and I have a satin finish with a glowy look. It's hard to explain. Anyway, I love this product and hope they keep it around for years to come.

Edit on 06/12/08: I'm knocking this product down one point because the staying power isn't that great, but I still love it and will keep repurchasing! Plus, still no breakouts! And still better then most department store brands.

Update on 04/12/10: I don't like this powder at all. After 30 minutes or so this powder begins to oxidize on me and makes my face appear darker then my neck. This also makes me super shiny. Too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by chocolaterachel

This product is amazing! I like it alot! The only problem i have with it is that it is a little too light for me but that's just b/c i got the wrong color but it works great! It covers everything perfectly and makes me look awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by BehindTheLens

i bought this at CVS for $2. (buy one get one and then i had some coupons and so forth)

it covers really well and it doesnt irritate my skin at all-i have pretty sensitive skin usually i have trouble matching my complexion; makeup is either too light or too dark, but because this was a sheer cover it lets my color show through a little, but it covers the redness of a breakout!

another good thing about it is you get a pretty good amount of powder for the price, cause you only use a little each day.

but anyways, i would definitely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by jenniferlm21

i really liked this powder! its beautiful! and it gave me alot of color and made my skin look flawless. the only thing about it is that its not really that natural on but i liked it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by lovinmakeupalways

I bought this and then never unwrapped it for fear of not loving it after re-reading reviews on MUA. I finally broke down and tore the plastic off and am very glad I didn't take this back. I love the coverage, the feel and I haven't had any problems with this transfering. But I have gotten used to not putting anything near my face from my last foundation because I had smearing issues. I really like this, worth the $9 bucks and the GWP to get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Lisa1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got on the mineral make-up bandwagon about 2 months ago. I have tried a couple of d/s brands that weren't too bad, yet didn't stand out either. I had also tried out Philosophy's Supernatural at Macy's and really wanted that. I have to say after finally purchasing the Supernatural, I am very surprised that Maybelline's foundation covers pretty much just as well! (IMO, it wears just as well also.) The Maybelline actually matches my skin tone better also. I have been mixing the 2 when applying. I haven't purchased a "good" brush yet, but with the d/s brand MMU I've purchased, I have to say that Maybelline's brush is by far the best. It's a little on the rough side, but I'd rather have that than too soft - then it wouldn't blend at all. I have found the packaging to be fine; easy to use, large enough to get the brush in and tap off loose powder, etc. I would purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 11:00:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I have yet to find a color that matches, but other than that I like this stuff. I tried the first shade, Light 02 = Corpse Bride. Then I mixed Light 02 with Light 03 = Oompa Loompa. What the hell!? Next I'm going to mix a little less of the Light 03 and we'll see. I've been trying various mineral foundations. This one's pretty darn good. First off, it's not completely matte, but definately not shiny - great! It covers well, and it's buildable. You can definately start sheer. It doesn't settle into ever nook and crannie on my face, which is great. I don't think it's a real MINERAL foundation, but I'm ok with that, because I'm more into the way it looks than what's on the ingredient list. You get a lot of product for the price and the packaging isn't strange, like Revlon's or L'Oreal's. I'll update on the color situation...UPDATE: Cannot, for the life of me, get a good color match. It always looks too pink and therefore looks too dark. Bumping down a lippie. UPDATE: I decided to give this one last chance. The key to it that I've figured out is using a primer beforehand. Actually, I think it's the key to any foundation. I've used different primers, on and off. I've decided it's a necessity instead of just a perk. What it does for this specific foundation is it doesn't allow it to oxidize and turn pink. Even though the shades do run slightly pink, the primer allows it to look natural, and no one would ever notice. Secondly, applying a primer with any foundation really helps with the wear, prevents the need for touchups, and makes it last for much, much longer. Now that I've figured all this out, I LOVE this foundation. It looks so natural on. The finish is lovely - not shiny and not too matte. Just glowy and perfect. Also, this lays very flat on your skin, not at all cakey. BTW, Light 04 is my perfect shade. Would love to repurchase this. L'Oreal Bare Naturale and this are my two favorite drugstore mineral makeups and this just may jump to one of the top foundations in my rotation, that does include high end brands.