Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation

3.2

Zinc Oxide, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Ptfe, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Cetyl Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 3/17/2008 9:33:00 AM

Wow! I have tried several mineral foundations and this is undoubtedly the best I have tried. I have extremely sensitive, breakout prone, rosacea skin. I have quite a bit of red to cover as well as some old acne scars and this does a phenomenol job. It applies beautifully, stays relatively matte throughout the day, no shininess whatsoever, covers well, and the color match is perfect (I got level 2). It's not too orange or pink..a perfect neutral. I cannot say enough good things about this foundation!

I LOVE this product. Before I used Mineral Power I used Dream Matte Mouse for a long time which was cheap and liked it at first, but it did clog my pores and begin to look gross. Then I switched to Stila, hated that. Overpriced and overrated. Then the other day while I was in my local drug store, I saw this and decided to give it a try because it was inexpensive, I needed new foundation and I was curious of Mineral makeup since I had never tested anything of the sort and wondered what all the fuss was about. So anyway. Bought it. Loved it. My skin has never looked more amazing. I use the liquid base under this, and then the powder, and some translucent powder that I already owned rather than the 'fishishing veil' and it worked out just fine.

But I love this product, and I love the light feeling of wearing no makeup.

And as others have said, I have light skin and this is one of the only products I've found that didn't cause my skin to look a tad orangey.

on 3/14/2008 9:51:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!!! I have acne prone skin, and several leftover acne "marks" (redness). This foundation went on super smooth, and with AWESOME coverage!!! I will continue to use this as long as its sold... and the translucent veil finishing powder is the perfect finishing touch!

on 3/13/2008 10:20:00 PM

LOVE IT! Ive been using this for about 6 weeks and would never go back to liquid foundation. I was getting major breakouts and had to keep on switching foundations. This foundation totally cleared up my skin and gives me a flawless natural look.

on 3/12/2008 8:02:00 PM

I actually stumbled across this product for another use than a foundation...I use this mineral foundation as a finishing powder for over my other mineral foundation...lol...As a foundation, I found that it gave me a very 'powdery' finish, and seemed to settle unevenly into my skin...not soo great at all...The brush included is kinda wimpy--not very effective in applying it as a foundation...that said, I use a big fluffy powder brush *lighty* tap on a bit of this foundation, and *lightly* dust it across my face...its sooo awesome because it gives me such a glowy effect-satin-esque appearance....basically exactly what I wanted in BE or L'oreal's finishing veils (both failed at that)...I use Creamy Natural (light 05) over my 458 L'Oreal BN foundation...gives me a perked up, angelic glow....I haven't had any problems with itchiness, or breakouts from it...i'm just glad I didn't swap this away!!!

Edit: Okay, unfortunately this product broke me out on my cheek area...so I am lowering the lippies and discontinuing use...blah--very dissapointed... >=0

on 3/12/2008 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I really hope that Maybelline doesn't discontinue this product. Prior to owning this, I only owned high-end cosmetics such as MAC, Make Up For Ever, Clinique, BeneFit, Lancome, Laura Mercier, etc. However, I thought, most mineral products contain the same key ingredients, so why not give this a shot? I own mineral powders from Laura Mercier, MAC, Tarte, EM, BE, and this by far is the best one. All the others either made my face itch, accentuated my pores, or offered too little or too much coverage. This product blows all the others out of the water. I love the satiny coverage of this powder. I don't have to use concealer to cover up any redness because this takes care of it. It has just enough coverage that it doesn't cake so it looks like your own skin, but not too little that you can't hide your imperfections. I have the color Pure Beige and it matches my skin tone perfectly, and my skin tone is pretty hard to match! Since using this product my acne has began to clear up. It covers well over concealer (for my dark circles) and I have a satin finish with a glowy look. It's hard to explain. Anyway, I love this product and hope they keep it around for years to come.

Edit on 06/12/08: I'm knocking this product down one point because the staying power isn't that great, but I still love it and will keep repurchasing! Plus, still no breakouts! And still better then most department store brands.

Update on 04/12/10: I don't like this powder at all. After 30 minutes or so this powder begins to oxidize on me and makes my face appear darker then my neck. This also makes me super shiny. Too bad.

This product is amazing! I like it alot! The only problem i have with it is that it is a little too light for me but that's just b/c i got the wrong color but it works great! It covers everything perfectly and makes me look awesome!

i bought this at CVS for $2. (buy one get one and then i had some coupons and so forth)

it covers really well and it doesnt irritate my skin at all-i have pretty sensitive skin usually i have trouble matching my complexion; makeup is either too light or too dark, but because this was a sheer cover it lets my color show through a little, but it covers the redness of a breakout!

another good thing about it is you get a pretty good amount of powder for the price, cause you only use a little each day.

but anyways, i would definitely buy this again!

i really liked this powder! its beautiful! and it gave me alot of color and made my skin look flawless. the only thing about it is that its not really that natural on but i liked it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this and then never unwrapped it for fear of not loving it after re-reading reviews on MUA. I finally broke down and tore the plastic off and am very glad I didn't take this back. I love the coverage, the feel and I haven't had any problems with this transfering. But I have gotten used to not putting anything near my face from my last foundation because I had smearing issues. I really like this, worth the $9 bucks and the GWP to get it.