July 22, 2014 | 2057 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by lovinmakeupalways

I bought this and then never unwrapped it for fear of not loving it after re-reading reviews on MUA. I finally broke down and tore the plastic off and am very glad I didn't take this back. I love the coverage, the feel and I haven't had any problems with this transfering. But I have gotten used to not putting anything near my face from my last foundation because I had smearing issues. I really like this, worth the $9 bucks and the GWP to get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Lisa1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got on the mineral make-up bandwagon about 2 months ago. I have tried a couple of d/s brands that weren't too bad, yet didn't stand out either. I had also tried out Philosophy's Supernatural at Macy's and really wanted that. I have to say after finally purchasing the Supernatural, I am very surprised that Maybelline's foundation covers pretty much just as well! (IMO, it wears just as well also.) The Maybelline actually matches my skin tone better also. I have been mixing the 2 when applying. I haven't purchased a "good" brush yet, but with the d/s brand MMU I've purchased, I have to say that Maybelline's brush is by far the best. It's a little on the rough side, but I'd rather have that than too soft - then it wouldn't blend at all. I have found the packaging to be fine; easy to use, large enough to get the brush in and tap off loose powder, etc. I would purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 11:00:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I have yet to find a color that matches, but other than that I like this stuff. I tried the first shade, Light 02 = Corpse Bride. Then I mixed Light 02 with Light 03 = Oompa Loompa. What the hell!? Next I'm going to mix a little less of the Light 03 and we'll see. I've been trying various mineral foundations. This one's pretty darn good. First off, it's not completely matte, but definately not shiny - great! It covers well, and it's buildable. You can definately start sheer. It doesn't settle into ever nook and crannie on my face, which is great. I don't think it's a real MINERAL foundation, but I'm ok with that, because I'm more into the way it looks than what's on the ingredient list. You get a lot of product for the price and the packaging isn't strange, like Revlon's or L'Oreal's. I'll update on the color situation...UPDATE: Cannot, for the life of me, get a good color match. It always looks too pink and therefore looks too dark. Bumping down a lippie. UPDATE: I decided to give this one last chance. The key to it that I've figured out is using a primer beforehand. Actually, I think it's the key to any foundation. I've used different primers, on and off. I've decided it's a necessity instead of just a perk. What it does for this specific foundation is it doesn't allow it to oxidize and turn pink. Even though the shades do run slightly pink, the primer allows it to look natural, and no one would ever notice. Secondly, applying a primer with any foundation really helps with the wear, prevents the need for touchups, and makes it last for much, much longer. Now that I've figured all this out, I LOVE this foundation. It looks so natural on. The finish is lovely - not shiny and not too matte. Just glowy and perfect. Also, this lays very flat on your skin, not at all cakey. BTW, Light 04 is my perfect shade. Would love to repurchase this. L'Oreal Bare Naturale and this are my two favorite drugstore mineral makeups and this just may jump to one of the top foundations in my rotation, that does include high end brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 7:42:00 AM More reviews by FoundationFree

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am suprised to say that I like a Maybelline product and even more surpised to say that I like a powder foundation! I hated BE because it emphasized everything that is wrong with my skin.

The Maybelline Mineral line is very good for a drugstore option. The loose minerals do not give the "Tin Man" look to your skin nor does it emphasize pores or wrinkles on my dry, middle aged skin. If you think it looks flat try a little of their Mineral Veil over it. It is luminous without being over the top and does not provide much coverage so you can use the two together without looking cakey and overdone.

The brush is pretty useless. I use the NARS bronzer brush with this.

I am a BB Warm Sand and the Light 04 is an excellent match. This is a yellow based shade that goes on lighter than it looks in the container. I have the loose powder, the veil and the liquid minerals all in the same color. I also bought the Mineral Veil in the medium to use as a bronzer.

I am very happy that I stepped out of my Department Store box and tried this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by kinderbabydawl

I have this in the colorless shade. I bought this to be a powder that would cover more than a typical loose powder to give me a more flawless look when applied over foundation... I didnt really like it. :-( Didnt do too much and can be really cakey when worn over foundation... It ended up a big mess on my face no matter how little I used. Mineral powders tend to emphasize your pores too because BE does the same thing. I'll stick with my superstay silky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by sherryba

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am surprised but I actually LIKE this product. I have tried several other mineral foundations (cheaper and better ones) and this is my fave. It doesn't have the sparkle like the ones I've tried. It's really easy to use as well. I do not think the color choices are great. If we only had better color choices....

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by NinjaKiwi

Not good if you have oily skin, the minerals kinda set in your face, and it looks like your pores get larger.. Its kinda cakey.

I'll keep the kabuki brush though :) Its great with a little body shimmer for your shoulders :p

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by paigetasticx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Generally, I like this product.
It's lightest shade, Light 2, is actually too dark for my skin, but after tipping it was bareMinerals Mineral Veil I was able to lighten it up a bit.
The brush it came with is an absolute joke. I threw it away as soon as I opened it.
It has a nice coverage, though I wouldn't wear it on it's own.
I tried once and my chin became cakey and shiny. Ew.
I wish they would make a lighter shade *sigh*

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by xzkiskazx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, this product is really good on leaving my face really nice! it covers alot and leaves it matte. The only problem is that i can never pick a perfect color! the one i bought is creamy natural light 5 but it makes my skin look so light compared to my neck hehe, so maybe later i will buy a darker shade and maybe mix.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Had coupon and killer curiosity, even though I know Maybelline has yet to produce a color match for me, I bought it anyways! The closest hue match turns out to be... too pink toned for my neutral-yellow light skin. (Typical maybelline.) The finish is matte, the coverage is sheer. If you have never tried mmu before and want to start here, know that many other options exist that would have purer ingrediants, better coverage, color match and value. PureLuxe and Everyday Minerals come to mind.