August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by MsAshleyCrim

This foundation is not too heavy or cakey at all! It is great for my combination oily skin. I am one to really enjoy matte looking skin, and this foundation is perfect for that. It doesn't look powdery though, which is nice. To me, it looks natural! Like what my own skin looks like. It controls oil really well, is water resistant and has pretty good staying power. The product has a slight odor but nothing offensive.

I'm not a huge fan of the packaging or the price, but I'd rather stick with one foundation I like than keep experimenting and wasting money on products that don't work for my skin. I tried the NARS Sheer Glow, and I much prefer the MUFE Mat Velvet +. This foundation is great for those of us who want to control oil, and have matte looking skin. Not flakey, not cakey.

Many have remarked that this is a full coverage foundation. While it is, I really thing to coverage depends on your application. I've been using the Sephora #55 airbrush with a very little amount and its worked very well for me so far. Not too heavy at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by redvermeer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is not worth the price! Its just ok. I think it works just as well as what I was using before. I mixed colorstay and almay flawless to create great coverage that is easy to blend. I don't have any real complaints except the price. I was really hoping to love this but, I am underwhelmed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by SweetTartx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. This is my all time favorite foundation! It's perfect for my oily skin. Stays matte all day, but with some little touch ups here and there. For me, the color match was perfect! Great range of color. The 2 things i hate about this is the price and the amount of product you get. Other than that, the foundation itself is AMAZINGGG!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

As I am getting older, I am more toward natural look versus all made up. I am super oily. This foundation sits well on my skin but it makes it feel dry and unnatural. I think the texture may work for younger looking skins but I am not so kin of putting a mask on my face. Generally speaking, it is not working for me but I can see how people could like this.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Cuamsim

So far, I'm loving this foundation. It goes on great. It doesn't dry to fast so I'm able to blend it in. Then I place my powder over it and it stays on my face all day. I don't have to retouch at all.

Pros: Coverage is great. Matte. Face looks flawless.

Cons: Expensive for a small bottle. Packaging could be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by mamasgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried every foundation there is to try... I have yellow & red undertones in my skin and never seem to find that perfect matching foundation. Until... MUFE Mat Velvet (in #70). OOOMMMMGGG! I cannot rave enough about this foundation. It provides lasting coverage, and it matches my skintone perfectly! The only gripe I truly have is the price. It's nearly $40 for a small bottle. But for the results I see when wearing this make up, I have no choice but to pay it. I apply this foundation with the MUFE HD Microperfecting Primer in Caramel first. Then I finish with MAC blot powder. It sets my make up all day. No touch ups. Even my boyfriend asked if I'm using something different on my skin! As I said, the makeup is pricey... but you'll absolutely LOVE the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by filthygorgeous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I develop skin reactions--as in, cyst like pimples--to almost every high end foundation sold at Sephora (I cannot tell you how many foundations I have refunded in this past year). This is the only foundation which I have not reacted to AND leaves my skin looking pretty flawless (I have even been getting completely random compliments on how good my skin looks since I switched over to this--which has NEVER happened before using it). It does perform well controlling my oily skin as well. Hats off to MUFE for getting this one right.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by shaybird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love it! Great coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG and has been for 2 years. It just alway looks good. Even in harsh white lighting (that's the best way to check if a foundation really looks good-go to Walmart and look in a mirror-they have that white lighting that accentuates flaws. Yellow light or sunlight make everything beautiful)

I have VERY oily skin though and some brown acne scarring-it covers everything. My only problem is the color match. I use #35 and am an nc37-40 in MAC. I have to darken it with MAC MSFN in Medium Dark and then I get the right color.

This plus MAC MSFN are an amazing combo. It gives flawless skin for me, but may be too much for some if you are one of those people with perfect skin.

If you like estee lauder double wear, they are similar I think. I like that it squeezes out also (you don't have to pour it). I use just a dime size and it covers everything AAAALLL day!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by hotlobster

I was really hoping that this foundation would be awesome on my oily skin but sadly this isn't the case. I have tried all application methods: stippling, sponges, fingers, buffing with a brush and everytime this foundation went on streaky and chalky even over different primers. Even if I could get it to look somewhat decent two hours later I would horrified looking in the mirror because the foundation had settled into my pores making them look huge and had settled into lines that I didn't even know I had! Also anytime I would touch my face a huge smudge of makeup would come off. I'm sticking with my Revlon Colorstay!