Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/18/2010 3:39:00 PM

I have used this product for about half a year and there is nothing special about it. Its fairly liquid and it goes on smoothly but it does not stay very well and does not help my face stay matte so much either.

on 7/17/2010 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the way this foundation looks when you first put it on. I continue to love it for a few hours...

Then my oil starts flowing. The foundation on my nose slides around under the nose pieces on my glasses. It transfers VERY easily on oily areas of skin. On my dry cheeks it is totally fine and very transfer resistant, but forehead/nose/chin it is just bad. Also, shine is a problem. You can blot it or powder it away, but no one wants to do that all the time.

The shade was a pretty good match for me. MAC NC35, MUFE 35 Vanilla.

on 7/17/2010 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My second foundation from MUFE ( I was so amazed with HD that decided to try this one too) and I have to say I'm hooked! LOVE LOVE LOVE it: the texture, the high coverage (you can built it to opaque if you wish), the packaging, the velvety effect, well basically everything.
I'm NC30 in Mac and I got this in #35 which is a great match for me. It doesn't stay matte for long on very hot days but then no other I've tried does that (the waterproof factor is not true imo); nevertheless it hangs in there all day long.
For reference I have combination acne prone (can't tolerate oils) but not sensitive at all and my HG foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear and I find the 2 extremely close.

on 7/16/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this foundation after hearing rave reviews - and I was really disappointed. The formula picked up every flaw on my face...every wrinkle, tiny dryness...I mean everything! It emphasized all of my flaw! I thought foundation was supposed to conceal not emphasize! I found it to be drying and the staying power was horrible. At this price point I expected much much more.

on 7/16/2010 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

My favorite foundation right now. I'm a seriously oily Studio Fix C7 with sensitive skin due to eczema and a general tendency to break out. I've been using Mat Velvet + (70, caramel) with the HD Primer in green and Full Cover Concealer in Fawn (14) for about three months. No breakouts and beautiful skin ALL day. Don't get me wrong, I do get the oilies around midday, but I blot and my face is still in tact.

I suggest applying with a stippling brush (I use the MAC 187) and using very little at a time to get the best finish.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
Stays matte all day
Stays on all day
Good coverage

Cons:
Awful for dry skin
Sometimes awkward color matches

I work in Florida at a summer camp, and this foundation stays on and stays matte all day, even on my moderately oily skin after hot bus rides and hours playing outside with the kids. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with dry skin, but then again, why would dry skinned gals want a super matte finish foundation anyway?

If you need more coverage, I recommend dabbing a small amount on any blemishes with your finger or a small pointed brush rather than applying layer after layer all over your face. Layers and layers of this foundation will look too dry and cakey, even on oily skin.

I like to apply this foundation with either a MAC 188 brush or clean and sanitized fingers. Applying with fingers gives more coverage, and applying with a brush allows for easier blending. I set with MUFE HD powder.

**Be sure to moisturize before applying, even if you have oily skin!!**

on 7/14/2010 8:29:00 PM

I have super dry skin that is flaky and makes me insane! I was searching for a foundation that wouldnt show flakes. I do moisturize before applying and it does a good job of covering. It stays put on me and gives an airbrushed look. Its not perfect but, its the best Ive found so far.

on 7/13/2010 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I have combo skin and this doesn't work for me. This product is nothing special. I applied one coating on my face and it did not coverage much. This is definitley not full coverage unless you layer it several times. It can look very cakey if you don't apply a mousturizer first. I really hate how it makes my skin look: blotchy and cakey. It's good at controlling oil but who needs that if it makes your face look gross -.- I think I will return this and maybe try HD. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HOLY GRAIL foundation since I have super oily skin, it is the ONLY foundation that stays on me all day and does not make me shiny. Try it, you will not regret it.

on 7/11/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

So far I really like this foundation. It is drying even for my oily skin but this can be easily solved if I super moisturize my face before I put this on. The SA from sephora told me that it is the best to put this foundation with hands but I just suck at that so I just use brush. Oh since this dries really fast when you apply you need to blend it quickly or it is going to be really hard to blend.