Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/14/2010 8:29:00 PM

I have super dry skin that is flaky and makes me insane! I was searching for a foundation that wouldnt show flakes. I do moisturize before applying and it does a good job of covering. It stays put on me and gives an airbrushed look. Its not perfect but, its the best Ive found so far.

on 7/13/2010 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I have combo skin and this doesn't work for me. This product is nothing special. I applied one coating on my face and it did not coverage much. This is definitley not full coverage unless you layer it several times. It can look very cakey if you don't apply a mousturizer first. I really hate how it makes my skin look: blotchy and cakey. It's good at controlling oil but who needs that if it makes your face look gross -.- I think I will return this and maybe try HD. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my HOLY GRAIL foundation since I have super oily skin, it is the ONLY foundation that stays on me all day and does not make me shiny. Try it, you will not regret it.

on 7/11/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

So far I really like this foundation. It is drying even for my oily skin but this can be easily solved if I super moisturize my face before I put this on. The SA from sephora told me that it is the best to put this foundation with hands but I just suck at that so I just use brush. Oh since this dries really fast when you apply you need to blend it quickly or it is going to be really hard to blend.

on 7/9/2010 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really love this foundation! It cover everything, but you only need a small amount. I feel that you are best off using only a drop or so at a time and applying quickly with a stippling brush to get an even application.
For my pretty oily skin, this really cuts shine and looks fresh even in the evening. I have olive skin with golden undertones and I have to mix 65 and 55 together to get a decent shade. I used the darker shade alone (65) and found that it really does oxidize as the day wears on. I looked super-tanned at about 3:30pm. So I mixed a lighter shade in to make it a tad paler than my true skin color to start out with, but by mid-afternoon I dont feel like I look "toasty", just like I have makeup on that really compliments my skin. That is my only complaint, but I figured out how to get around it, so it is not really a problem. 4 Lippies for that and how expensive it is, although it REALLY LASTS!!
When I wear this, my BF cant even tell that I have makeup on, and to me this is heavy, full-coverage makeup.

on 7/8/2010 1:19:00 AM

i wanted to try MUFE for ages and finally got around to getting a bottle of the mat velvet foundation a few months ago. notwithstanding the fact that i was matched with the wrong tone (a shade too light), the product made my face break out like i was a teenager again. i gave it a rest thinking that perhaps it was something else that was aggravating my skin, but when i went back to it recently, it broke me out again. that said, it does control the oiliness and shine to some extent (when used with the HD primer) but that's perhaps the only plus point to the product. it applied streaky/chalky with a brush and it was only slightly better with my fingers.

this foundation definitely had me missing my smashbox cream foundation.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

my all time favorite foundation!!! i will never stop using this. it's especially valuable for work days because i don't look like a big shiny mess at the end of the day with this product. smooth and thick enough so i only need a little bit of product. it covers my redness really well so i don't end up needing concealer (but i use a little anyway to make my face perfect). highly recommend this for oily skin. it blends extremely well into my skin. my color is 40. an additional plus for this product is that it's in a squeeze tube container so there's less contamination. can't get enough of this product.

on 6/30/2010 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG foundation for my oily & acne-prone skin. At $35, you get what you pay for. For color reference: NC25 = #40. NC30 = #35. Will explain this later.

PROS:
- Oil-free
- Noncomedogenic
- Fragrance-free
- Blends easily
- Packaging is sanitary and travel-friendly
- Coverage is long-lasting
- Lightweight & no "thick mask" feel
- Dries to a velvety smooth matte finish so your skin feels like skin
- Provides excellent coverage with just a small pea size amount
- Controls the oilies (duh!)

CONS:
- No SPF
- $$$$$
- Limited color selection for skin with yellow undertones (only 3 out of 16 shades have it!)
- Dries as a powder finish therefore it defines dry patches and looks powdery if you overblend (would only recommend for true combo-oily skin)

For the fair-medium yellow toned ladies, I swatched 35 and 40 on my hand. 35 is definitely darker than 40 due to the beige undertones in the yellow/beige shade. The beige is not overwhelming, but it certainly makes for NC30-35 shade.

on 6/28/2010 10:53:00 PM

I love this product. I first tried the MUFE HD Foundation which I loved the initial look, so flawless. However, after a few hours the makeup had practically slid off my face or disintegrated. I have an oily t-zone. After trial and error I now use MAC Matte primer in my t-zone and apply the Mat Velvet foundation onto my face using a BeautyBlender sponge instead of a brush. It's fantastic. Looks flawless and stays on for hours. Will definitely buy the product again.

on 6/28/2010 5:40:00 PM

Really disappointed in this product. I have oily combo skin so I've always had trouble with liquid foundation. However I read a lot of reviews on it and watched some youtube reviews on it and everyone seemed to love it for their oily skin so I thought I'd give it a try.

Pros: Color match was simple and I liked the way it went on, it blends very well. It also provides good coverage without feeling like you're wearing makeup.

Cons: It's very expensive and sadly, after only 2 hours my face was oily and my makeup looked awful. This never happens when I use a powder. Sure my face gets oily througout the day, but never this bad this fast. I gave this a try a few times and each time I made sure to shake the bottle like it says, use a primer, and use a powder to set it, and each time it only lasted me 2 hours.

So I returned it to Sephora and got another powder (Benefit Get Even, which I been enjoying) and for now it looks like my skin and I will be sticking with powders.