January 29, 2015 | 1955 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by kimst2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked this product the first time I purchased it because it gives a flawless coverage. When I bought it the second time, I noticed it wasnt feeling the same on my face. It felt heavier as the day wore on and after time it began to separate on my face AND would smear when I touched my face. Eww. I do have an oily t-zone and that's why I bought this product because it's oil-free and MAT. I love the coverage and if I do decide to wear it, it is only when I know I'm going to be out for a few hours. Sometimes I use it as a concealer because the coverage is that great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Lucky_Me

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation for 2 weeks and is is pretty close to HG material. It is definitely keeping my oilies at bay. I would repurchase this even though it is a little expensive. The range of colors is very good. I think I would only wear this in the summer as it would be to drying for winter. I enjoy this foundation and I am also like Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ever since I found out Clinique Clarifying foundation was discontinued (the only foundation to date that works for my extremely oily skin), I've been on the hunt for a foundation that will work for me. This one did not.
Pros:
coverage is decent enough, good color selection, decent packaging
Cons:
had a strong smell that lasted all day, looked cakey around my nose, wasn't very matte, did not control my oil, sunk into pores, wiped off easy, felt mask-like, and is expensive! So I'm on the hunt again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by blankitababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

aww im surprised this hasnt got more love!
this is beautiful it does control shine but im going to have to dock 1 lippie since its only matte wen applied with primer this has nice coverage and doesnt give the cakey appearance!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I so wanted to love this foundation. I really did. I placed an order for this and their HD foundation and I really love the HD so I expected greatness from this as well. Unfortunately, it just didn't work for me. It really sunk into my pores and emphasized them. It seemed to dry my skin out a little. But worst of all, something in it irritated my skin and I ended up itchy and with little bumps and rashes all over my face. I suspect it was the strong fragrance in it because I tried their F&B foundation as well and it has the same overpowering scent to it and irritated my skin just the same. I don't know why companies do that. Why add unnecessary fragrance to a product that goes on your face?! It doesn't even smell nice. It's too perfumey and flowery. Thank goodness HD doesn't have it!!

The color match was really good for me. I had 20 Ivory and wear 117 in HD and 20 in F&B. I'm bummed that it didn't work for me but I've discovered that EL Double Wear in Linen works perfectly for me for a long-wearing matte foundation. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by castillomg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried it out because my skin gets extremely oily. I liked the coverage after one application and also how quickly it made my skin matte, but after just a couple of minutes, I noticed that it seemed to make my skin look dull and actually EMPHASIZED dark circles around my eyes and blemishes. Revlon ColorStay for Combo/Oily, I believe, is much better & for 1/3 of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by lauraldeel

I really like this foundation. I got the vanilla 35. It truly gives me a flawless matte finish. Controls oil really well, and doesnt break my skin out. I dont have to touch my makeup up until at least midday, and then only by habit. It is a little pricey, best to apply with a brush. I've been using it with makeup forever duo mat powder in 202 and they look fabulous together.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by loveforbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in color #45.

This is currently my favorite foundation! It's pricey, but I think it's worth the splurge. I don't use it every day since it's expensive, so I only use it when I'm going somewhere fun or nice.

I was originally going to buy the HD Foundation since I've heard so many good things about it, but they ran out of my color. I was really bummed, but it's a good thing they were out because when I got home I looked up some more reviews online and on YouTube. I've come across people raving about the Mat Velvet Plus as well, and I was like, hey, maybe that would be better for me since I have oily skin. I still couldn't choose between the HD or Mat Velvet Plus because people loved and disliked both products for their own reasons, so I decided to go to Sephora and try them both out.

The SA was really nice and applied both foundations - the Mat Velvet Plus on the right and the HD on the left. I noticed a remarkable difference between the two. I could tell right away that the Mat Velvet Plus practically made my huge pores disappear! And the HD was too dewy on my face and I hate dewy. It didn't look like it covered much, my pores were yelling, "look at me!"

I'm absolutely in love with this foundation. I can say that my only dislike is the packaging. I prefer it over a bottle with no pump, but I would prefer if it was in a bottle with a pump. Other than that, I love the coverage, one layer is enough to give me the coverage I want. I love the consistency. It is rather thick, but it's smooth, so like I said, you don't need a lot! I apply it with a 190 flat foundation brush then buff it out with a 182 kabuki. (However, I do want to invest in the #55 Sephora brush!) I top it off with the HD Micro finishing translucent powder - also my new favorite!

You get a matte, flawless finish. :) Another product I will continue purchasing!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by callistobop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. On the one hand, it stays ON. It is quite mattifying, but the downside to this is that it can look powdery and that it emphasizes any dry patches you (...didn't know you...) have. I have somewhat oily skin so it's no big deal, but on dry skin I think it would be rough. I mainly just use this as a concealer now because of its staying power. One bizarre frustration is that even though it's a squeeze bottle, sometimes the product will just flow out when I open it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by gobayram

i have oily skin so i decided to try this out and it made my skin looks patchy and dry! it was so horrible plus it seems like i needed to use a lot in order to get my whole face covered. i wouldn't recommend this for oily skinned people even though it is a "matifying" foundation...MUFE HD works much better