September 16, 2014 | 1841 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by westinflorida

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most excited I've been about it foundation in years! I was afraid that this would have such a strong matte coverage that I would look cakey in the heat. The funny thing is that this actually has a very natural finish - even after 6 hours! It applies nicely and smoothly. Coverage is medium, but buildable. This has by far and above exceeded my expectations and will re-purchase in a second! I am thrilled! (For reference: I am NC25 and wear 30 in this)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

This is a decent foundation, but not my HG. First off, I could not find a good shade match. I am very fair, but the lightest shade #15 was ghostly pale!! It is a very neutral off-white color, with no distinct pink or yellow undertones. It applies nearly white on my skin. The second shade up, #20 was a better match but had too much beige in it. Generally I detest mixing foundation shades so that completely annoyed me. And besides the fact that I couldn't find a good match, the coverage was not what I expected. It is described on the Sephora website as providing "complete coverage", but I have to disagree. While it certainly does mattify, it doesn't provide as much coverage as I like. I have some acne-scars and redness that I like to cover completely. It also does oxidize throughout the day, and doesn't stay matte for very long. Revlon Colorstay is better than this, in my opinion. I will be keeping this but it is not my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by sparklythings

I am very impressed with this foundation... i'm a bit of a product junkie and even though I LOVE Nar's Sheer Glow, i like to have a variety.
My skin is definitely not oily. if anything it usually is more on the dry side, but lately it hasnt been dry at all. Just normal. And normally, I would not have tried this foundation just because it is targetted for more oily skin.
But I tried some foundations from Chanel, neither of which worked for me. just too dewy and made me look oily and too heavy feeling or not enough coverage. So, even though i love a dewy finish, after trying vitalumiere and pro lumiere, i decided that maybe i would go with a matte or satin finish instead. I remembered that Makeupbytiffanyd did a video on how she loved Nars Sheer glow and she kind of compared mat velvet plus to it... so i thought, what the hell. I can always return at sephora if it doesn't work.
and amazingly enough, i am loving this foundation. gives awesome coverage. feels extremely lightweight, looks natural. definitely not cakey. the matteness of the foundation just makes me look very polished and pulled together. the foundation sinks into my skin beautifully. It doesn't dry out my skin either which is a bonus.
i'm an nc20 in mac, i wear deauville in nars sheer glow, and mat velvet plus i use #30 porcelain. it's a good match for me, but next time however, i might try #35 in Vanilla which has more yellow tones. i have quite a bit of redness in the cheeks, and was thinking a slightly yellower foundation might work in cancelling out some of the redness.
i love this product and will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by MsAshleyCrim

This foundation is not too heavy or cakey at all! It is great for my combination oily skin. I am one to really enjoy matte looking skin, and this foundation is perfect for that. It doesn't look powdery though, which is nice. To me, it looks natural! Like what my own skin looks like. It controls oil really well, is water resistant and has pretty good staying power. The product has a slight odor but nothing offensive.

I'm not a huge fan of the packaging or the price, but I'd rather stick with one foundation I like than keep experimenting and wasting money on products that don't work for my skin. I tried the NARS Sheer Glow, and I much prefer the MUFE Mat Velvet +. This foundation is great for those of us who want to control oil, and have matte looking skin. Not flakey, not cakey.

Many have remarked that this is a full coverage foundation. While it is, I really thing to coverage depends on your application. I've been using the Sephora #55 airbrush with a very little amount and its worked very well for me so far. Not too heavy at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by redvermeer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is not worth the price! Its just ok. I think it works just as well as what I was using before. I mixed colorstay and almay flawless to create great coverage that is easy to blend. I don't have any real complaints except the price. I was really hoping to love this but, I am underwhelmed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by SweetTartx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. This is my all time favorite foundation! It's perfect for my oily skin. Stays matte all day, but with some little touch ups here and there. For me, the color match was perfect! Great range of color. The 2 things i hate about this is the price and the amount of product you get. Other than that, the foundation itself is AMAZINGGG!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

As I am getting older, I am more toward natural look versus all made up. I am super oily. This foundation sits well on my skin but it makes it feel dry and unnatural. I think the texture may work for younger looking skins but I am not so kin of putting a mask on my face. Generally speaking, it is not working for me but I can see how people could like this.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Cuamsim

So far, I'm loving this foundation. It goes on great. It doesn't dry to fast so I'm able to blend it in. Then I place my powder over it and it stays on my face all day. I don't have to retouch at all.

Pros: Coverage is great. Matte. Face looks flawless.

Cons: Expensive for a small bottle. Packaging could be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by mamasgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried every foundation there is to try... I have yellow & red undertones in my skin and never seem to find that perfect matching foundation. Until... MUFE Mat Velvet (in #70). OOOMMMMGGG! I cannot rave enough about this foundation. It provides lasting coverage, and it matches my skintone perfectly! The only gripe I truly have is the price. It's nearly $40 for a small bottle. But for the results I see when wearing this make up, I have no choice but to pay it. I apply this foundation with the MUFE HD Microperfecting Primer in Caramel first. Then I finish with MAC blot powder. It sets my make up all day. No touch ups. Even my boyfriend asked if I'm using something different on my skin! As I said, the makeup is pricey... but you'll absolutely LOVE the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by filthygorgeous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I develop skin reactions--as in, cyst like pimples--to almost every high end foundation sold at Sephora (I cannot tell you how many foundations I have refunded in this past year). This is the only foundation which I have not reacted to AND leaves my skin looking pretty flawless (I have even been getting completely random compliments on how good my skin looks since I switched over to this--which has NEVER happened before using it). It does perform well controlling my oily skin as well. Hats off to MUFE for getting this one right.