Extra Virgin Olive Oil

4.4

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

on 5/1/2009 3:23:00 PM

Miracle for bringing out glowy, radiant, soft, even toned skin! But I only use it as a weekly exfoliant -- if I put it on and leave it on as a moisturizer it breaks me out -- too heavy for my pores.
BUT this is what I do:

cover my face in EVOO, then gently rub in upward circular motions brown sugar. Rinse off with warm water (you may have to wash your face too to get all the oil off - I wash it with warm water and gently olive oil soap).
Ta-Da - radiant skin!
Works so well my husband instantly notices, on the on the day i do this I don't wear any foundation/blush nothing because my face looks so great without it! Results only last 2 days though, but by doing this weekly, you can keep your face in great shape!

on 5/1/2009 12:44:00 PM

I use this as one of the ingredients in my scrub.
If you're a youtuber, you know who MichellePhan (aka. RiceBunny) is.
She suggested this olive oil-sugar-honey scrub as a daily exfoliator.
You can use it daily because sugar is not as harsh as, say, an apricot scrub (yes, I'm looking at you St Ives!!)

So, the ingredients are:
2-3 tbs of EVOO (has to be EVOO)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar (no sweeteners)
2 tbs of honey (I use Billy Bees)

The mixture has to be mushy.
If it's too wet, that means you put in too much EVOO.
Balance it out by adding a bit more sugar.

I put this on my face after I take off my make up and cleanse my face.
Rub this all over my face using a circular motion and let it sit for 2-5 mins before rinsing it off.
My face feels so soft, hydrated and glowing (not because of too much EVOO of course!haha..)

I really hope it doesn't clog my pores.
I'll update you in a month with the progress :)
But from what I'm seeing, I'm loving it!

UPDATE: I've been using this as a scrub every night after i finish taking my shower. The effect has diminished (not significantly), but I can definitely tell that it's not as effective as the first time I used it. Maybe my skin has developed some sort of immunity towards the mixture. I'm going to use this every other day or just twice a week, see if that would make a difference. I'm still loving this natural exfoliator, regardless :)

on 4/29/2009 12:43:00 AM

I use this mixed with aloe vera to remove eye makeup, I didn't notice it until someone pointed out but my eyelashes are a lot longer and fuller. With mascara on my friends think I'm wearing fake eyelashes.

on 4/26/2009 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

EVOO as a facial/body moisturizer is amazing! I have naturally oily, sensitive skin plus rosacea. I have been using EVOO as my only facial moisturizer for the past 3 months and my skin is no longer greasy and angry looking (from the rosacea). The oil absorbs very quickly and if you use the right amount, isn't greasy at all. I usually apply after washing my face, while still a tad damp, otherwise I spritz my face with water and then apply. I've read that the reason my skin isn't greasy anymore is because I'm not stripping my face of natural oils, which cause my skin to produce excess oil. My rosacea isn't as pronounced either and surprisingly, my skin only breaks out mildly before my menses. I can't believe people are warning against this without even trying it. Mediterranean women have been using olive oil as a moisturizer for eons and they're gorgeous! Not all EVOO feels the same. I had some I bought in Mexico which goes on so smoothly compared to some cheap Wal-Mart EVOO, that still works well but doesn't feel as nice. I also rub it into my cuticles and mix with skin cream and put on my feet before bed (under cotton socks). EVOO rocks!

on 4/26/2009 3:52:00 AM

HG for, um, EVERYTHING.

I was completely dubious about using this (...yes... despite the hundreds of positive reviews...) as I have on-the-oily-side combination skin, with frequent breakouts on my t-zone.

So the first time I used it, I only used about four drops as a night moisturiser and didn't put it anywhere NEAR my t-zone, being extremely afraid and paranoid.

The next morning... my skin was GLOWING. O____o I had never known what it meant to have 'glowing skin'.

So the next night, emboldened by my initial success, I ventured to use it on my t-zone.

I have not looked back since. My t-zone is NO LONGER. I have perfect skin, and the blackheads/whiteheads/bumps between my eyebrows have disappeared into oblivion. I am still in shock - I have never EVER had perfect skin before.

I use this every night before I go to sleep - about five drops that I massage all over my face. I now also use it as a body moisturiser/cleanser (though I still predominantly use Cetaphil)/makeup remover/hair treatment, and it gets five lippies for all of them.

USE THIS. Your skin and your purse will thank you for it. This has done more for me than any other skin product. <3

on 4/20/2009 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE: One of the new ways I have found for using this oil is for my hair! :) People always ask me how I have such nice hair and my answer is: Don't wash your hair everyday! I also like to use this olive oil in the lower half of my hair as a treatment right before I shower. I know, I know, it sounds gross but really, you'll be washing it off, and it's much better for your shampoo to be washing this oil off, rather than stripping the ends of your hair. About a teaspoon is a good amount and I just rubbed this into the ends of my hair with the palms of my hands. I hope someone gets healthier hair through this. :)
As a makeup remover, it's alright. It does get rid of oil based makeup as like-dissolves-like. But I absolutely hate that feeling of oil in my eyes and things look a little blurry, even after I wash my face. I often found myself with this weird feeling of grease in my eyes and blurriness in the morning when I use oily makeup removers, especially this one, since it is a very thick oil.

OLD POST: Well, this is okay for ridding of makeup from my face, but it doesn't make mascara a breeze to remove at all. I don't really use this on my face anymore as it is just a little too oily and my skin is not even that bad - I still get flakes and dry skin sometimes even though I have an oily t-zone.
However, this is amazing if you mix with sugar and honey and make it into a scrub. Mix the three ingredients until it is a nice thick consistency and it makes a really great moisturizing and flake-removing scrub in the winter! =D

on 4/14/2009 2:54:00 PM

I have tried every frickin thing to help my dry face. Even "ultra gentle" stuff would give me a rash. Well I began using this several days ago and LOVE IT. I massage a few drops in and then put a hot wash cloth over my face for a few minutes and wipe off. I also use sugar with a few drops of EVOO and some water and it is the perfect face scrub. Gives you a great rosey complexion. This is the only thing that doesn't make me sweat, itch or burn. All moisturizers have been evil to me and I am allergic to tons of chemicals. So this has worked wonders. YAY!

on 4/11/2009 10:24:00 AM

I wrote on the other EVOO topic and I might just share my wealth here :]
I mainly use EVOO to lengthen and make my lashes thicker and it certainly has! I wished I had a before and after picture but trust me it works. Its my 4th week now and my lashes are pretty long and thick and when I curl it and put mascara on it you can definitely see how long it has gotten.
I also use the EVOO as a hair masque and it really does make my hair soft.
One last usage I use it for is for a natural body scrub and it does make my skin soft. I will continue to use EVOO for my lashes and everything else :]
** Here's my Youtube video on the application of EVOO on your lashes**

i only used this once, last night so yeah.
i use pond's dry skin cream & it has fragrance & mineral oil & i didn't like that cause i know its bad for your face so i decided to try this my face was soooo soft when i woke up i love it! i am gonna try this every night now.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

who would've thought to use EVOO for your face? this will work wonders. it can be used as a makeup remover or a facial moisturizer. I haven't used it to add moisture to my face because my face can get a bit oily in some areas but my friends say it works wonders. This is the best and most inexpensive makeup remover you will ever find. If you want another alternative, you can try baby oil. That one is amazing as well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials