November 27, 2014 | 1038 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

A nice all around moisturizer for hair, face and body. Not a miracle product but a good gentle oil for sensitive skin. Heavy, so does not sink in right away. On the face it moisturizes well but once it's sunk in it's pretty much gone. Doesn't leave much all-day moisture like a cream or lotion with glycerin or some other ingredients to help bind the oil and water to your skin. Nice to put on damp/ wet skin out of the shower. As body oil add essential oils for fragrance because you will smell like well, olive oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by agrillo72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only been using EVOO for about 2 weeks so my review may not be as thorough as others yet but I have to say - so far, so good. I use it as a facial treatment, a hair treatment, and a body and hand moisturizer. I am trying to not "overuse" it - especially on my hair and face but after finally feeling my hair supple and strong, shiny and managable I was hooked. Actual hair conditioners never gave me such noticeable and (so far) lasting results! On my face, I use it as a cleaner but also as a treatment, leaving a little bit on my skin while I sleep. The mornings find my face very well hydrated and so soft! I was worried about breakouts but I haven't noticed any problems yet. My fingers are crossed and my hopes are high! Try it...you can always use it in the kitchen if no where else!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by melkins9

Marilyn Monroe swore by this. A mask on the face after removing all your make-up is the smoothest, most natural, and best moisturizing agent you can find. I LOVE this treatment and it works well on your hands, feet, and hair as well. Remember to get EXTRA Virgin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Kaijia

fantastic as a scrub (with either sugar or sea salt) and absolutely unbeatable for hands- i use it throughout the day and as a nighttime treat. my hands are buttery-soft and my nails have never been stronger!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by greenteanah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

After researching EVOO and seeing all its benefits, and since I'm always on the lookout for good moisturizers, and since I love the idea of using natural products on my face, I really wanted to like this. For about a week, I used it as a nighttime facial moisturizer and kept it on all night. In the morning, I just washed my face with a washcloth. A few hours after I put a few drops all over my face, the moisture seems to decrease and my skin starts feeling dry again and I get little dry patches on my cheeks. So it's not a suitable moisturizer by itself! Then I decided to mix a few drops of EVOO with my Olay cream, and it makes the Olay cream sooooo much better; it makes my normal (with dry cheeks) skin feel so smooth.
Here's a tip for dispensing EVOO that's in a big bottle with a screw-on cap: take off the cap, put the palm of your hand over the top opening, and turn the bottle upside down so your palm catches the oil, then turn the bottle right side up again, and you have the perfect amount of EVOO on your palm. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 6:35:00 AM More reviews by charms09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a body and face scrub mixed with a little sugar, this stuff can't be beat. It leaves my skin soft and smooth when I use it a couple times a week (anymore than that is a big no-no for my skin). I don't use it as a face moisturizer, though, its a bit too heavy for my face and I prefer Vitamin E oil but on my lips it is a great moisturizer. Cheap and effective, definitely worth recommending.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by 1stone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As far as I know I used a good qualtiy extra virgin olive oil.

I applied a little at night after my usual cleansing and massaged it into my face a bit (just as I do with jojoba oil occasionally) and left it on over night. The next morning my face felt tight and was a tiny bit on the red side. The following two to three days my skin felt and looked dry and even very slightly flaky. Then my skin went back to normal, thank goodness. It was almost like I'd had a mild chemical peel, but without the nice glow or any benefits once the flaking was over! Perhaps it's just my skin that does not like olive oil, or perhaps it was the brand, but I'm not ging to be experimenting with other EVOO's to find out! I'm going to stick with jojoba when I want an oil fix, it works much better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by streetsofyourtown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

EVOO has been a major part of my beauty routine since I discovered it a year ago. I use the oil cleansing method (EVOO + castor oil) several times a week, or daily if I have the time/inclination, and it truly makes my face glow. Dead, peeling skin is gently exfoliated and my pores are left immaculate. The oil cleansing method has never made me break out, and doesn't overdry skin. I've recommended it to my sister, whose skin dries up and flakes very easily.

EVOO doubles as a moisturiser; I like it on rough parts of my body and dry, sensitive areas of my face such as around the eyes. It also moisturises lips and, mixed with sugar, makes a softening scrub.

The final way I use EVOO is in my hair. I apply it to dry hair and leave it for a few minutes to a few hours, before washing and conditioning as usual. For a more intensive treatment I cover my EVOO-soaked hair in plastic and blow dry for a minute. It gives my hair new life (...uhh, despite hair being dead and all...), making it soft, shiny and strong as well as clarifying. However, it DOES strip hair dye from the hair, so I only use it when I'm planning to re-dye my hair in the next few days. This is a bit sad because it really does work miracles on my hair; if it didn't strip the dye I would use it weekly.

I believe that I will continue to use EVOO for the rest of my life!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by toezies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this has been one of my HG products for years, I've used it as hair mask, an eye moisterizer, a makeup remover, mix w/ sugar and used as a hand and body scrub, its a great cuticle restorer, its worth trying everyone has some hanging around usually!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to use the EVOO from DHC ($39 for a tiny bottle). I just recently started using STAR brand from the supermarket and my results are just the same at a fraction of the cost. I paid $6 for a 17 ounce bottle. I buy the kind that is USDA certified Organic and first cold pressed. It has been extremely helpful lately as I've tried a new night cream with retinol in it and it's making my skin flaky and dry. I warm a dime size amount of the oil in my hands and pat it on my face and neck (over the retinol night cream). I wake up to the softest skin! My pores seem smaller too - now whether this is a result of the EVOO or the retinol I'm not sure. I like to think it's the combination. I highly reccommend EVOO to anyone!