Extra Virgin Olive Oil

4.4

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I use EVOO for everything. Hair moisturizer, skin moisturizer, makeup remover, and cooking of course. My home will never be without a bottle or two of this stuff!

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

When I was younger I couldnt afford even vaseline lotion or etc. so I did use olive oil-yes back then you could get a low grade of olive oil- the higher grades were very expensive. I did use just alittle in a squirt bottle. I would squirt the oil onto my skin when I would just get out of a shower or bath and rub the oil in/plus would use just alittle on my hair as a contioner. Then later on I went to the lotions/contioners and such because that is what you did when thinking everyone else knows better(tv adds/media and of course your friends) on what you should use. Now I am alot older and it is great to be reminded of the olive oil.
It worked extremly well then and I am going to diffently use the virgin oil again. Thank you for reminding me.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Allright...I fess up....I love this stuff on my hands and feet at night under my body butter! It keeps them really soft and hydrated. I use extra virgin cold pressed olive oil. I usually get it from Whole Foods. It keeps my skin from cracking, I don't have cracked heels or chapped hands. I am constantly in hand sanitizer so this is a dream. I lather this on and then put on a body butter or cream of my choice of the evening and slap on a pair of moisture gloves/socks and zonk myself out to sleep. I wake up on the morning with baby hands and feet.

I don't like to store a bottle of olive oil next to my bed. I put this in a misto mister bottle. It's love. DH says it's a waste of a great bottle for my feet but underneath it all he's glad it makes me happy (DH is the cook of the house).

I have never used this on my face....the thought kind of scares me since I do not see how olive oil can be emulsified. I say if it works for you....then....go for it. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is good for anything. It is better for your skin to use it as a makup remover. I use it when my skin gets really dry and it never broke me out. In fact it seemed to DISSOLVE MY BLACKHEADS!!! You should try!

I use EVOO as both an eye makeup remover and a face makeup remover. I saturate a cotton pad with it so that it is soaked, but not so much that oil is dripping out there.* Then I use one side to gently remove my eye makeup and the other side to remove my foundation and other face makeup. It works great at removing all products, including waterproof mascara and eyeliner. I used to just use a Neutrogena wash that was meant for removing makeup and dirt in one step, and afterward I would still find lots of makeup-remnants with my toner. But with this oil cleansing as an added step, there are NONE! No traces whatsoever. I'm quite amazed actually, because this removes my eye makeup better than any removers I have tried. I wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner almost everyday, and have gotten used to have traces of the black stuff even after full cleansing. But this totally removes everything.

Besides being one of the most effective makeup removers, it has not broken me out and I think it's actually quite moisturizing. I have combination skin. After cleansing, I always used to get a slight tight or tingly sensation on areas where I am dry. With this added step, although I fully lather up and wash off the oil afterwards, somehow my face doesn't feel tight at all after the face wash. I don't need a night cream, the skin on my face feels moist and supple till the next morning.

* One last thing, I mentioned that the cotton pad shouldn't be too saturated because if it is, and oil oozes from the pad into my eyes, they would sting quite badly. This has happened with two different oils I have tried and I don't think it's the particular brand of oil I was using, it's just that the product is not meant for squirting into ones eyes. I don't believe that this takes away from any of its wonderful skincare properties or renders it any less suitable for cleansing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a serum for my hair frizziness. It works grand. I've also used it as a hot oil treatment for my hair, with amazing results as well. Softness!

I keep it in a little glass bottle with some EO's under my sink. The EO's add a nice smell and I like to think they're helping as well.

Regardless, my hair is smooth, shiny, and it costs less than anything I've tried. Oh, and no extra chemicals drying out the hair cuticle, or messing it up in some other way (coating it, etc).

I recently got some coconut oil, and this oil seems much lighter and less greasy, so this might take EVOO's place in my heart. But, only time will tell.

Careful, only a little is needed for the hair. It's thick, and too much can look oily really fast. But the way your hair feels afterwards is definitely worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Personally, I wouldn't recommend using Olive Oil on your skin. That seems to me like you're asking for trouble but I do use it in my hair as a moisturizer and it softens my hair very much. I also use it as a cuticle oil, as mine are VERY dry and it's the only thing that has helped. I had never heard of using it on your eyelashes until I read the reviews here so I'm going to start doing that also.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

great eye make up remover and i just learned i can use this to make my lashes longer and thicker. i used to use emu oil. after 5 days my lashes are soo thick and long people are stopping in target and the mall ok 3 people stopped me and the girl at MAC. but great stuff

I have extremely reactive, sensitive skin. Red splotches, flakes, random pimples...you get the picture. Needless to say I've tried everything. And I in my desperation I have gradually veered towards more and more expensive stuff. I recently even considered La Mer against my better judgement, it would probably break me out like crazy. Little did I know salvation was in my kitchen cupboard and it costs next to nothing! Now, if you are like me I bet you cringe at the idea of smearing cooking oil all over your face. But let me tell you, once you get over that miracles are in store.
I use a dime size amount to massage it into the face and then I leave it on like a mask for 15 minutes. After that I wash the oily surplus off with a super gentle liquid soap. And then I follow up with a couple of drops on the spots that might have dried out. My skin looks literally 5-10 years younger. I kid you not. It has evened my color, reduced fine lines, reduced breakouts. I don't smell like lasagna and I don't look oily. And there is suddenly no need for precleansers, masks, scrubs, cleansers, toners, serums, eyecreams, daycreams, nightcreams, nosecreams, neckcreams......Darn it, have we been had by the cosmetics industry???

Awesome product! i use it as deep cleansing oil. 75% EVOO and 25% castor oil, massage onto face as makeup remover, and rinse/wipe off w/ my aveda shammy cloth. The combination works wonder for mascara and eyeliner removal, meanwhile, the oil seeps down and looses up my clogged pores on my nose too. I think my eye lashes are nourished as well, seems to be longer and fuller. I do have acen prone skin, and this oil cleansing method does not appear to break me out at all.

Video Reviews & Tutorials