Extra Virgin Olive Oil

4.4

EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil

on 4/20/2009 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE: One of the new ways I have found for using this oil is for my hair! :) People always ask me how I have such nice hair and my answer is: Don't wash your hair everyday! I also like to use this olive oil in the lower half of my hair as a treatment right before I shower. I know, I know, it sounds gross but really, you'll be washing it off, and it's much better for your shampoo to be washing this oil off, rather than stripping the ends of your hair. About a teaspoon is a good amount and I just rubbed this into the ends of my hair with the palms of my hands. I hope someone gets healthier hair through this. :)
As a makeup remover, it's alright. It does get rid of oil based makeup as like-dissolves-like. But I absolutely hate that feeling of oil in my eyes and things look a little blurry, even after I wash my face. I often found myself with this weird feeling of grease in my eyes and blurriness in the morning when I use oily makeup removers, especially this one, since it is a very thick oil.

OLD POST: Well, this is okay for ridding of makeup from my face, but it doesn't make mascara a breeze to remove at all. I don't really use this on my face anymore as it is just a little too oily and my skin is not even that bad - I still get flakes and dry skin sometimes even though I have an oily t-zone.
However, this is amazing if you mix with sugar and honey and make it into a scrub. Mix the three ingredients until it is a nice thick consistency and it makes a really great moisturizing and flake-removing scrub in the winter! =D

on 4/14/2009 2:54:00 PM

I have tried every frickin thing to help my dry face. Even "ultra gentle" stuff would give me a rash. Well I began using this several days ago and LOVE IT. I massage a few drops in and then put a hot wash cloth over my face for a few minutes and wipe off. I also use sugar with a few drops of EVOO and some water and it is the perfect face scrub. Gives you a great rosey complexion. This is the only thing that doesn't make me sweat, itch or burn. All moisturizers have been evil to me and I am allergic to tons of chemicals. So this has worked wonders. YAY!

on 4/11/2009 10:24:00 AM

I wrote on the other EVOO topic and I might just share my wealth here :]
I mainly use EVOO to lengthen and make my lashes thicker and it certainly has! I wished I had a before and after picture but trust me it works. Its my 4th week now and my lashes are pretty long and thick and when I curl it and put mascara on it you can definitely see how long it has gotten.
I also use the EVOO as a hair masque and it really does make my hair soft.
One last usage I use it for is for a natural body scrub and it does make my skin soft. I will continue to use EVOO for my lashes and everything else :]
** Here's my Youtube video on the application of EVOO on your lashes**

i only used this once, last night so yeah.
i use pond's dry skin cream & it has fragrance & mineral oil & i didn't like that cause i know its bad for your face so i decided to try this my face was soooo soft when i woke up i love it! i am gonna try this every night now.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

who would've thought to use EVOO for your face? this will work wonders. it can be used as a makeup remover or a facial moisturizer. I haven't used it to add moisture to my face because my face can get a bit oily in some areas but my friends say it works wonders. This is the best and most inexpensive makeup remover you will ever find. If you want another alternative, you can try baby oil. That one is amazing as well.

on 4/8/2009 4:34:00 PM

Lately my skin in area around the nose was completely dried out, flaky and irrtated even my skin usually is oily. I have been using some low and high end heavy duty moisturisers, nothing helped. So i tried this and it made situation better after a few hours! That was like a miracle. I used it under eyes too, and it worked as a heavenly serum, my undereyes never looked better- soft, healthy, not the usual tired looking!
However, this is completely not for daily use. It's far too rich. I would rather use this as a weekly skin treatment.
Smells good too, ha ha ^__^ helped to soothe a little bruise, providing much better results than that crappy mass market mineral oil, yuck!

on 4/5/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I use this as a cleanser. It really works! I have dry skin, and I didn't think adding oil to my face would help, but it did. When I wash my face at night, I usually put on a night cream. I tried doing the face routine one night without that, and just cleansing with the olive oil. The next morning, my skin was so soft and smooth, and well-moisturized. I am very pleased with this as a night moisturizer and makeup remover. Another reviewer wrote that this made her lashes longer, and I think I will try that as well.

on 4/5/2009 10:18:00 PM

I also use the EVOO as a hair masque and it really does make my hair soft.

** Here's my Youtube video on the application of EVOO on your lashes**

on 4/5/2009 10:06:00 PM

I think this is best as long as you use a steaming ritual because it does clog your pores, as some have mentioned. It is insanely effective as a moisturizer though. I spent a minute massaging it into those little lines between my brows, and it ERASED them, I'm not exaggerating. Same with those godawful frown lines, and the fine lines around your eyes...massage the olive oil into your face and you won't believe the effect. Granted, my lines aren't that deep, but it was amazing.

Your skin really absorbs the oil, and this is a good thing, but it also means you have to be diligent about keeping your pores clear too. So if you use it, make sure you steam your face the next day. My ritual: massage into face, leave on overnight. Then steam for five-ten minutes the next morning. I haven't tried it as a hair treatment yet, but I can't wait. Funny how the best remedies are the most simple and thank god, the cheapest.

on 4/3/2009 2:07:00 AM

I was incredibly apprehensive about using olive oil on my skin, let alone my face, but decided to give it a try as my skin is going downhill fast. At almost 36 years old, the elasticity in my skin is getting noticeably non-elastic by the day, and of course I'm looking for the non-existent miracle moisturizer of youth. Harrumph. Anyway, in my search for the miracle cream I came across this post for EVOO. I decided, very bravely, to give it a go on a work night. I started by adding organic EVOO to my moisturizer (currently Aveno Oatmeal lotion), and lo and behold, I didn't wake up the next morning with a ton of zits as I had envisioned.

After using EVOO for about a week mixed in with my moisturizer I have noticed that my skin has a glow and feels very soft and moist. It isn't oily like I imagined it would be. I will update as I use it for longer. Reading the review below, I do wonder if the long-term will see me with clogged pores. Alternately, perhaps the EVOO is actually being absorbed by my skin.

Time will tell. All I can say is that my moisturizer now feels heavenly with the added oils of olive mixed in. And, I had a complement at work today about how healthy and good I look...

Well, can't go wrong with the price... now I'll just see if it stands up to the test of time.

Video Reviews & Tutorials