September 1, 2014 | 1918 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by xxcrissy

I spent quite a while reading all the reviews on here. After a long and hard think, I decided to try out EVOO. Since I have combination skin that tends to break out every once in a while I decided not to try this on my face. I mixed some EVOO with sugar and rubbed it all over my arms and legs. After I stepped into the shower and washed it all off. Now my skin is so soft and smooth its unbelievable. This is now my HG scrub! Before I would use St. Ives Apricot Scrub on my body once a week, now I'm going to start using this mix of EVOO and sugar. Thank god i read about it on MUA! Might try this on my face sometime soon.. will keep this space updated. Thanks ladies :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by ykalkay9

Bravissimo! :) EVOO has long been touted a good health feature of our lives and I didn't hesitate try it on my skin and all claims were true. I even started seeing it pull out impurities from my skin. I know a lot of folks are hesitant believing adding oil to oily or acne-prone skin could worsen the condition, but you have to remember, this is not the way our skin acts. when our skin is dried out, it creates MORE oil to overcompensate not less. So adding a complex oil such as olive oil to your face will likely help lessen the break outs IF YOU ARE NOT ALLERGIC TO IT of course. But i do believe all things take time as many posters have pointed our attention to in begging a little patience and perseverance. So don't give up and do give it a go as I think you'll find it an all-natural, beneficial product for a fraction of the commercial line cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

I slept at my boyfriends last night and had no makeup removal product with me so I decided to try to take my eye makeup off with EVOO after reading the rave reviews about it here on MUA. To my surprise, it actually worked really well. I was expecting it to basically smudge and smear my black makeup all over my face and burn my eyes but it did neither. A few swipes of this stuff on a paper towel took all my mascara, eyeliner and eye shadow off without even burning my eyes! I was really amazed but I'm glad I tried it because even though I probably wont replace my Neutrogena oil free makeup remover with EVOO, its nice to know I can use it if I ever need to again.
I haven't used it for anything else except eye makeup removal since I'm hesitant to put this on my face like others have for acne but maybe I'll try that too one day. Thanks MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by blisteringpree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

EVOO is incredible for skin; it heals my pimples, my scars, my distinctly stubby eyelashes, etc. There isn't much to say about EVOO that others haven't already said; however, I figure I'll give everyone a heads up which might have escaped some: EVOO can go rancid and bad if left too long. Do not use rancid EVOO on your skin--it will irritate your skin and it will make your skin break out.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by xizilia7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

BEST waterproof eye makeup remover ever! hands down! I leave it on (w/ eyes closed of course) while i brush my teeth (w/ a sonicare 2 min timer), then i wash my face afterwards w/ my cleanser and it takes off everything! Natural and accessible!
Prices vary depending on how much you're willing to spend since it's only on for a couple of minutes. Packaging: well just transfer to a small bottle. Of course, I'd buy this again and for my bread dipping! ; D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Lovelytrue

Can't say enough good things about good old fashioned olive oil. I have problems with crepey skin under my eyes during the winter (not actual wrinkles) and olive oil smoothes my skin out immediately--much better than any eye cream (I've tried Amore Pacific, Clinique, Lancome, La Mer...).

Another great use is as a leave-in hair treatment... I wouldn't recommend using it before going out for a night on the town, because it makes the hair look a little greasy (though not too greasy to wear outside), but my hair has never felt so soft as when I let some olive oil soak in it overnight. My hair is chemically straightened, so it is practically a miracle to find something to make my hair feel smooth and silky.

In fact, I burnt a piece of hair on a Solano flat iron and had to cut about three inches off of the piece--even with the ends trimmed off the hair was like a Brillo pad--a little olive oil worked wonders!!! Better than any shine or moisturizing hairspray/leave in conditioner/restorative treatment.

Do yourself a favor and try some out! (PS, after running some through your hair, leave the residue on your hands. It'll make them baby soft!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Straight Olive Oil is easy and inexpensive to procure and it does have it's place, but I prefer emulsified products.

Thus I can't use it on my hair or face - but can on my lips and elbows.

Weird.

Be sure to check for rancidity, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by potmesil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

An amazing product! i mostly use it on my hair. i try to do this several times a week. i have fine thin hair, and rhis reallydoes beef it up. It makes most of my flyaways a thing of the past, and my hairs is soooo very soft. I put it in my hair being sure to massage it into my scalp with my fingertips and not nails and just go about my business. The longest I have left it in was about an hour. Then hopped in the shower and put shampoo on before I even get the hair wet then rinse, then I shampoo again, rinsing in cool water, because this makes the hair folicles close. Then I condition my hair, except for the roots. If I want even mor shine, I rinse the second shampoo out with a gallon of cool water with about a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and then condition. I have never had such astonishing results! I have shiny hair that I never had before! And I don't lose nearly as much hair on a daily basis now! As for the scent I use extra virgin olive oil with rosemary in it. Try it and you will never go back! I have put it on my whole bady and it is a wonderful treatment! I am excited to try the salt and sugar ones! I am in love with this stuff!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by SixPomegranateSeeds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this to remove eye makeup, as it's so moisturizing and all natural. It doesn't remove everything, but it's better than most commercial eye makeup removers. Plus, I always have it in the house, always always (I'm Greek and olive oil is the only cooking oil I ever use). It's also versatile as a tanning oil, if you don't mind smelling like a Greek salad.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by badger71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was experiencing weird and intractable breakouts, and could not find a moisturiser that made any real difference to my rather thin, dull skin. After reading the rave reviews here, I decided to give an EVOO cleaning regime a try.

I had experimented with coconut oil before, with disastrous results. "Bio-Oil" was similarly awful, so I held out little hope. One night I simply massaged my face with what was in the bottom of my kitchen olive oil bottle, wiped it off with a steamy hot washcloth, and applied a little more oil for good measure before going to bed.

Yes- I am another who is stunned and delighted. My skin does look and feel five years younger. I have few lines for my age... when I woke up after using the EVOO, I had NO lines. I still have dark shadows under my eyes, but the thin crepey skin there is firm and smooth and less like an Austrian blind. The EVOO doesn't hurt my eyes like just about every useless eyecream on the market, and that alone is a major thrill for me.

The oil soaks in quickly, and does not look slick and greasy. (You've got to be careful not to get it in your hair, though). Makeup goes on beautifully over the top of it, and comes off instantly with your next cleansing.

Why stop there? I tried the full body EVOO experience. It seems to work better if you apply the oil BEFORE getting in the shower. The legends are true: flawless shave, glowing skin. Diminishes the appearance of stretch marks, I suppose because it plumps up the skin.

The brown sugar/EVOO scrub thing works well, too. Velvety epidermis.

I am very intrigued by the way some oils work for some people, and not for others. I guess it may have something to do with the specific oil's molecular size, and the individual's skin structure and chemistry. I am not sure why coconut oil sucked so badly for me, and EVOO worked so well.

ONE BRAND of EVOO, though. When I ran out of my kitchen stock, I went and bought a bottle of another brand. It looked OK, said EVOO, was grown here in Australia like the first one, and was of comparable price. The results were far different. The delightful rejuvenating effect was far weaker, I broke out again, the oil seemed to sit on my skin rather than soak in, and smelled cheap, like a greasy spoon cafe. I went and bought another bottle of my first choice ("Cobram Estate", with the purple label) and the magic was back. This first oil is quite green, with a tangy herbaceous smell, really very pleasant. I would therefore suggest sticking to the thick, green, possibly slightly more expensive EVOOs for good results.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No