Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 6/3/2010 1:14:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Cold Cream is an effective makeup remover, but not my favorite. It contains mineral oil and after I've removed my makeup my face is greasy like an oil slick. I also wish it were unscented - the scent is pretty strong and adds extra chemicals that aren't really necessary. My HG makeup remover/cleanser will always be DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, so I wouldn't repurchase this.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used the regular (light turquoise) cold cream, and in comparison, this one does my skin much better. I honestly would have to call this my HG for skin care because I have never had such smooth skin in all my life. I still have problem areas, however, I know those are not the result of this cold cream.

I have recommended this product to friends and family, because of how affordable it is, how long it lasts, and how impressed I am with it. Love, love, love it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

To be honest with you, I do not like this cleanser that much, the main reason why i bought it was because I was looking for a make up remover, but I was a little disapointed how my skin felt too oily after even washing it . I did not like it that much, however I do like the other cream the blue one which is the moisturizer for dry skin. I love that one and use it every day, but I was not to pleased with this product.

on 5/18/2010 10:36:00 PM

I suffered for years from very bad skin (acne, red spots, basically the WORST puberty smack-down you can think of) which after years I learned to manage. Imagine my confusion when I hit my mid 20's and all of a sudden my skin is dry and stinging yet still likely to break out at a moments notice. That is when I turned to Pondís cold cream. My Grandmother used this as long as I remember, so when I was staring dumbly at the "adult" section of the skin care aisle, I just sort of gravitated to this. It was the best beauty decision i have ever made. This product is the perfect combination of moisture and cleansing. As everyone else has said, you really need to use a warm damp washcloth to get it off, but the way my skin feels afterward is amazing. I recommend it to all my 20 something friends who are trying to figure out what to do between acne medication and anti-wrinkle lotion!

on 5/18/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

8/27/10 EDIT: Get the CVS version of the original, hundred year-old Ponds formula -- NOT the new Ponds formula. Also the CVS version smells much better than the Walgreen's version. The new Ponds is not the same product at all. The classic cold cream is a classic for a reason. The absolute best at removing makeup, then I remove it with a warm, wet baby wipe. Have to avoid the eyes, though... they are too sensitive for anything but J&J Head to toe, which I follow the cold cream with.

on 5/17/2010 10:08:00 PM

UPDATE: I've moved on but I still use it sometimes, didn't break me out but it's too much work at night, still love it though!

I really want to love this, I really do. But I'm not sure, because I feel like it's going to make me break out. I've been using for about a week and I LOVE how it feels and the fact that it take all of my make up off! I'll keep using it and I'll edit after a while to see if it did or didn't break me out. Oh yeah the bottle/jar it's super cute(mhmm make sure your hands are CLEAN before you dip them in, duh!) and it's rediculously cheap, soo go try it!

on 5/17/2010 2:01:00 AM

Pond's Cold Cream is my nightly ritual, and in fact if I had a "beauty secret" this product would be it! I have used a lot of different facial cleansers, makeup removers, and cold creams. This product exceeds all of them hands down. I apply just as instructed in the directions on the back of the product, and remove with a warm to hot wet cloth.
Even the toughest of water proof makeup is no match for this cream! It gently removes every trace of makeup leaving my skin feeling so clean. My skin is pretty moisturized after removal, however I apply a small amount of the cream around my eyes just before bedtime. Oh yes...this is where the top secret "beauty secret" is revealed. Pond's Cold Cream, is an excellent deep moisturizer, i.e. you don't have to wash it off depending on how you use it. Of course if you are using it to take off your makeup wash it off at some point. In addition to the magical way it removes makeup, this is also the perfect product to deeply moisturize troublesome dry areas and can be applied to knees, elbows, and dry feet! It is just that AMAZING! I find this product to be extremely gentle, and I happen to have very sensitive skin. If you read the ingredients this product contains beeswax which has so many beneficial qualities for our skin. This product does not contain soy, which has recently been added to so many beauty products that I can no longer use due to having an allergy to soy. Smell apparently is an issue for some ladies as I am reading. To me it smells like roses with a hint of lemon, and I adore it. In fact nothing else smells quite like this product, and the price is unbeatable! What more could you ask for?

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I prefer Albolene over this because it is more moisturizing, but i use this when my skin doesnt need as much moisture in the summer, so this is the runner up. I bought the cucumber one with the green lid. the one with the blue lid works but isnt as refreshing and is a bit more irritating than the cucumber green one. i love the smell of this.

on 5/12/2010 10:17:00 AM

This is my HG facial cleanser. It is all I use to remove dirt, makeup, & sunblock, both at night and it the morning. It leaves my face so soft, yet thoroughly cleansed. An oldie but a goodie for sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use a little bit of this product to remove my makeup before cleansing my face. It works wonderfully on my skin! This is the only makeup remover that can gently and easily remove my stubborn waterproof mascara which is what I would recommend to everyone. It would be nice if the packaging was different since it can be a bit tricky to get the cold cream out of the jar at times, but the product itself is great. I hear that you can use this as a face moisturizer by leaving it on instead of removing it with a warm washcloth like the instructions said, but I have not tried doing this yet.