October 31, 2014 | 1570 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by isedhey

terrible product
after reading many reviews here, i thought i'd give it a try cuz my other cleanser kept breaking me out
so after i bought it and tried it out, i felt bad for wasting my money on this.
first of all, i hated the smell! it smelled like something my grandma would use. nd 2nd of all, after i clean the cream off my face, it left an oily residue on my skin, making it feel unclean!
i hate this product
oh nd da packaging is really bad. they have it in a tub so its very unsanitized :[

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Mochavida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would buy this product again but only as an eye makeup remover. This clogged pores on my face b/c of HORRIBLE oily film it leaves behind.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the way this cleanser smells and it seems to do a decent job at removing makeup..but I feel like that's really all it's good at. Like many reviewers, I don't like the slick, greasy-feeling residue that is left on the skin afterward..and I just don't feel like this is really cleaning my skin. Prior to this I was using Cetaphil, and to be honest I like Cetaphil much more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A big YES!

EASY & EFFICIENT:
All you need is a little dip, then you will have "an excuse" to massage your face. (Face massage is a beauty secret in many country encouraging blood flows!) A good massage will help coldcream particles "bonding" & "pulling out" the MU particles. Next step: Tissue them off with folded toilet paper! Toilet paper with a little bit texture works best with PCC. I try to wipe with a clean side (by folding the toilet paper), so I can see what's coming off! I would follow by j&j head to toe baby wash (which is great for removing eye MU) and the apple cider vinegar toner when I am less lazy. No film left behind! If you don't feel clean enough, did another round, and check out what's left on the table!
CHEAP & LESS ABRASIVE:
I have tried Shu Uemura, Fancl cleansing oil, then some other OCMs (EVOO, jojoba, sweet almond oil.) They are time-consuming, and the commercial oil are about $30 USD per bottle! I bought this 9.5oz PCC 8 years ago. I used to spend like a snob in department stores, so I set this aside. But recently I am learning how to save, so I revisit this product. Surprisingly, it hydrates my skin and gives me no break-out. Finally, I look like a natural beauty!
Now I just cross my finger hoping they won't change the classic formula! Also, I think it should be in a tube instead of a jar. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by VenusLily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product. I'll start out with the positives: It is affordable, smells great and feels nice when you initially put it on your skin.
That said, it doesn't do anything for my skin. It's terrible at removing my makeup, and when I rinse it off it leaves a disgusting oily film on my face. I have to use my regular Olay cleanser after I use this stuff, not only to remove my makeup but to get off that icky oil slick.
Also, I started breaking out.
I am glad some people think it is really great. It didn't do anything for me.
I'll probably give it to an aunt or cousin to try. Maybe they'll have better luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by keiramode

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I have very sensitive skin and can not use many products on my face but this doesn't irritate it. I rinse my face with water, apply cold cream, wipe it off with a towel and put on moisturizer and I'm good to go. This does a great job at removing revlon colorstay. My only problem is with the packaging. I wish it came in a tub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser!!!
First of all, it remove makeup and deep clean your pores. I mean it takes waterproof mascaras off!!
And after that it leaves your skin very moisturizing and not dry. I am loving this, one big jar last me for about 6 months now and it's only half way down the jars. Basically, i just need two jars and it will last me for a year!!
I just wish the packaging was a pump because it's not very sanitizing to keep dipping in and out. I use a cotton swap or wooden stick to do it. I must re-purchases this again of course, money saving and great quality!! It's a must have, girls!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

*sighs* Another product that caused an allergic reaction. I only used it as a foundation/makeup remover. Every time I use it, my face would get this burning sensation and my lips would start to swell slightly. I used it about three times before I gave up. Eventually the rash and "acne" would disappear. Pity since it is cheap. I guess I am stuck with using apricot oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by bleuettr

I really really want to love this product, the smell is nice, it is a classic product that has been around for years, it takes off my mascara well but it breaks me out!
I might continue to use it as a make up remover, not as a cleanser itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by trantracy

I hope this product will be around forever! I have combination skin, which is oily around the T-zone but dry around the cheeks area. My skin is at worst in the winter time when I cannot get it balanced enough to wear foundation or mineral makeup without revealing the flakiness of my skin. My cheeks were blotchy and dry all the time.

I began researching for a product to help balance my skin during the winter time. Then I found Pond's Cold Cream. A regular sized jar costs around $5-6 so I thought it was worth a try. Initially, I wasn't too sure about it because it was a little messy and cumbersome to use. The main ingredient is mineral oil, hence it is rather oily and would not wash off with water. You'd have to wipe if off with a soft paper towel or a warm wash cloth. I chose using a wash cloth because it is less messy.

Aside from the cumbersomeness, I was very happy with the result only after a few days. I was half expecting my T-zone to get even oilier, but surprisingly it helped balanced out my skin. My cheeks were no longer dry and my entire face felt so smooth. My foundation and mineral makeup also went on flawlessly.

I continued to use it at cleanser to remove my makeup at night, and in the morning to give my skin some extra moisture. At night time, I would apply about a quarter size and rub it all over my face and neck on before going into the shower. This helps protect my skin from the hot water, and also to deep moisturize my skin. I would then wipe it off with a warm wash cloth when I'm about to step out of the shower. It removes ALL of my makeup, including my waterproof mascara. I do not use any additional cleanser afterward. At times my skin feels so soft and smooth that I skip out on my moisturizer. I also have extremely sensitive skin and it does not irritate my skin or make it feel tight. During the summer time, because of the humidity, I instead of using it twice a day, I would only use it at night.

It has been two years since I have been using Ponds Cold Cream and I can't be happier. My skin is in the best condition it has ever been and I am saving so much money from not buying expensive cleanser.

Be warned that it has a very distinct smell that may not be for everyone. For me, I only wish the smell was more pleasant but this does not deter me from using it. My husband, on the other hand, wishes that I stop using it all together! However, he has been a good sport about it seeing how good it has been for my skin.

I am hoping and praying that POND'S will continue to make this product forever!