Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

I bought this after using Lush's Ultrabland - I liked Ultrabland, but oh man oh man is that stuff expensive, and I figured, it's basically cold cream. Yes, the Lush uses peanut oil and the Ponds uses mineral oil, but guess what, it is $4.49 vs. $29.95 for the same amount of product. That is a HUGE difference... and they work just as well. The Pond's removes all makeup beautifully without drying skin at all. I was concerned that the mineral oil might break me out but that hasn't been the case. I always get compliments on how great my skin looks. If you have really oily skin I'm not sure if you'd want to use this, but if your skin is sensitive, dry, or combination, this works well (maybe more so in the cooler months than warmer). Just use a washcloth or cotton pads with warm water to wash it off.

Overall this product works but I hate having to scoop it out of the jar everytime I want to use it and the fact that I had to add an additional cleanser just to rinse it off (otherwise I keep feeling it on my skin).

It does leave my skin really soft and remove my make-up well, also for the price it is well worth it but I just don't think I'll be buying it again just because it makes my face feel really oily sometimes making me think that i'll break out soon.

This makes my makeup removing process SO easy. I can use it while i'm washing my face or in the shower.... but I do NOT follow the directions.
First off, I only use it as an eye make up remover.

I wet my face with warm water first to loosen up and melt the make up a bit (usually in the shower).

Then I take a 2-pea sized amount for each eye and gently rub the top of my eyes and the edge of my lower lashline. It does not irritate my eyes at all.

Then I run my face under the showerhead and wipe all the dirty cream with my fingers before I clean my whole face with my daily cleanser which gets rid of all the excess ponds cream.

So much easier to use than a Liquid and it removes waterproof mascara too!

I use ponds cold cream when im doing my weekly deep cleanse. I find it has a great moisture barrier when im doing a mask or a scrub as a final step before toning and moisturizing. I use this all over my face and let it sit for about 5 min and then use a hot cloth over my face, then i begin my deep cleanse. Wonderful scent and thick creamy base liquifies when in contact with the skin. Feels like a day at the spa everytime. Used properly this is really a product to have on hand always.

I'm experimenting with classic/vintage skincare products at the moment, so had to give Ponds a try. What a disappointment. It made makeup removal more of a chore than I'd like - especially on the eye area. Like others have noted, it took a bit of rubbing and scrubbing to fully remove mascara, and it cost me some lashes. I didn't mind the fragrance or thick texture and my skin felt hydrated and soft to the touch, but the mineral oil also clogged my pores and broke out my chin. Far inferior to the Boots Original Formula version in ingredients, texture and end result.

I expected this to break me out, it didn't and it moisturised which was fantastic. I was a bit concerned about how much I was pulling my skin to get it to spread it was so thick.

If you have spots and are using a treatment that is drying such as retinol I do recommend you give this a go. Also have a look at Noxema deep cleansing cream which I now use.

top tip - toner, I didn't dare not use it and microfibre cloths, fantastic and help remove much of the product.

But, it's not cheap 3.99 for 50ml. When you consider most cleansers are 200ml that's 16. It was 75ml for the same price until recently but the manufacturer (Unilever I think) has taken away 33% of the product and kept the price the same. Stuff that, I'm sticking with Noxema and if I want something a bit more moisturising then I'll use Boots Traditional which is 2.37 for 200ml.

I really recommend you have a look at the reviews for the Nozema and microfibre cleansing cloths I mentioned on here.

I would really like this product more if it didn't have that awful old lady smell to it and didn't sting my eyes. It does a good job of removing waterproof mascara but I just couldn't continue. I'm surprised Ponds hasn't come out with a fragrance free formula. I was hoping this would not pull out eyelashes but I had to wipe and wipe and wipe to get all of it off and ended up with the same amount of eyelash loss as with a liquid eye make up remover.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I read about this product in a magazine, and having purchased a cold cream before (boots own) i decided to try it, i'm usually really excited about trying new skin products but i have to be honest this just didn't live up to the hype in my opinion. it left my skin very rubbery and despite claims that it removes waterproof eye makeup this just didn't apply for me! my skin looked dull afterwards, and i really was surprised as the boots cold cream is absolutely fantastic, however this was just far too thick. i did however use it as a night cream and the next morning my skin felt lovely and soft but as a cleanser it really was not good.

Packaging/Scent:
It comes in a jar so it may be unhygienic. The jar cap lack vertical stripes for easier opening especially considering its main ingredient is mineral oil. The scent is okay though I prefer unscented.

Experience:
This works by dissolving your MU or sunscreen using mineral oil then wiping it away. Now, it is supposing to be a cleanser that doesn't damage barrier since it uses no surfactant however I find the wiping to be irritating and drying. It also irritated or burst my acne lesions. Using a wet tissue instead to reduce friction does not remove anything. Then I tried a foaming cleanser but it did not remove the residue too.

On the other hand there is a youtuber saying this is a good moisturiser. I do somewhat agree, however it is very greasy so apply it wayy before you sleep. It is non-comedogenic for me.

If you have active breakouts I suggest not using this as the massaging and wiping can aggravate them(friction causes inflammation!). But if you have non acne-prone, resistant and dry skin this is a good choice as you need not moisturize afterwards. If you dislike the moisturising film and intend to wash again I suggest finding a foaming cleanser that removes MU instead to save time. I will not rebuy.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I paid $4 aud for this at a chemist. I'm really impressed, it's cheap and awesome. It works much better than my Kanebo cleansing oil and is 6 times cheaper. Pond's cold cream gives a nice cooling sensation unlike normal cleansing oils. I will definitely repurchase if I can find it again. It is however very difficult (at least for me) to find in Sydney.