July 31, 2014 | 2079 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2005 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Halo_Fourteen

iam on my second bottle of this and i just love it. I get so many compliments from people and when i smell it on other people its just amazing. The smell is so warm spicy sweet crisp and fresh, i try to only wear it when i go out on something special as i find that i go through it quite fast and find it quite pricy. Over all i give it a 5 and will continue to buy it for probally as long as my nose still works.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2005 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lady_angelice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know who's got the problem smelling it, me or my boyfriend because I think it smells like something my grandma would wear and he absolutely LOVES it. He goes nuts over this stuff. It smelled a whole lot better on the tester strip than it does on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

The one Chanel I just don't care for. I don't use all other ones, but at least I find something to like in every scent. This one smells rather common to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 10:43:00 AM More reviews by tmpr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this fragrance for a year, and I used to wear it a lot, but then got tired of it. Not long ago, I decided to come back to it, and I have fallen in love with it. I like the spice and the sweetness of it. A co-worker always compliments me, and I love to smell my wrists.
When I first spray it on, it is spicy, then it is floral. Finally is smells sweet. I find it to be very feminine. And as other MUAers have said, if this fragrance does not mix in with your chemistry, forget it. It stinks. My friend wore the same fragrance and it smelled awful on her. UPDATE: I stopped wearing it for a while and then came back to it. this is my "go-to" fragrance. I love it. My favorite (Le feu d'Issey, light) was discontinued, and this has replaced it! Muah, Muah Chance. You make me want to kiss myself!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2005 7:55:00 PM More reviews by aiwassa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

not so bad as drama queen comments say! it is nowhere near as strong as the heavy opium/poison/giorgio brigade of the power scent years were. I wear this because my boyfriend gave it to me, and I think that sums it up. middle of the road, non-frightening to men, mostly inoffensive niceish smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Chrysynthia2

Blech! I smelled this in a magazine when it came out and later at a fragrance counter and loved it....boy do I wish I'd tried to get a sample! I got not one, but 2 bottles from people as x-mas gifts that year. I wore it a few times, but after a while I really disliked the way it smelled on me, it was WAY too strong and smelled a little old lady like.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2005 3:55:00 PM More reviews by allureveil

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have to put in my pro-Chance vote. Some vehemently negative reviews notwithstanding, give Chance a chance. It took me over a year to understand it, and I didn't relate to it at all when it first came out. Now I get it...it does its thing with your chemistry (and just hope it's a positive thing because obviously it can go the other way with a vengeance), and it stays with you as long as you always hoped an expensive fragrance would. I have to say, I've come to love Chance. Coco Mademoiselle didn't work for me, sadly. My next fave is Allure, the summer sheer version most especially. Oh, how I do adore fragrance!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2005 12:24:00 AM More reviews by ara133

This has become my signature scent. Though I switch off with other perfumes (currently Miami Glow and Rockin' Rio for warm days), I always come back to Chance. It's especially nice in winter, as it's a tiny bit spicy (to me, anyway). Not overly floral, just a nice, pretty scent. I can't pick out the notes, but it is recognizable - the boy at the Starbuck's the other day actually asked if I was wearing Chance! I get quite a few compliments on it whenever I wear it, from officemates and the woman who does my eyebrows, to people I pass in a store or on the street. The only other perfume I've gotten this many compliments on is my OLD antique bottle of White Shoulders (not the new stuff, but a old bottle from the 1960s - I'm sure the chemistry has changed and it's actually a much deeper, richer scent than the ones you find on the shelf now). Anyway, I will buy this again and again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2005 9:29:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This Chanel scent does not suit my skin chemistry at all. Actually, it's quite horrible on me, although I know many people love it. All I can smell is the patchouli, a particularly dirty smelling type, with hints of pepper, vetiver and musk. It is slightly fruity, but I can't detect *any* floral notes at all. Chanel - what were you thinking of?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 8:32:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recieved this for "Mothers Day". I like the scent on my body, and is not overpowering nor gross. This is my first Chanel bottle. I know No. 5 doesn't work at all with my body chemistry. This is one of the few fragrances I can wear all day. This fades to a nice scent. I am anxious to try other fragrances.