January 31, 2015 | 1905 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2005 11:45:00 PM More reviews by KarmAttack

I tried a sample of the Eau de Toilette in a departement store. Wow - talk about lasting power! I sprayed on maybe 3 spritzes on my neck at around 5pm. I went home, went to the gym, sweated, came home...it's 11:45pm now and I STILL smell Chance on me. I'm not sure if I like it enough to buy it though as it is very expensive; it is a very sweet smelling jasmine fragrance, but also fresh so not stuffy at all like some very heavy scents. I will think about it some more before buying. People who like Chance and want to try a smiliarly fresh smelling sweet perfume, try "Givenchy - Eau Torride". ***UPDATE*** I gave in and bought this perfume, it is the only one I use now. I love it so much, just spraying it on puts me in such a great mood! I feel sexy and feminine wearing this, it's such a sophisticated and original scent. I've gotten a lot of compliments from people when I wear this, and others inquiring what it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2005 7:56:00 AM More reviews by eber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My least favorite of chanel fragrance. Very generic and like many other, to me not a chanel fragrance. Difficult to describe since it is just blah!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2005 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Jenavira

I received a sample of this and have to admit I like the starting which is a wonderful peppery citrus (reminds me a great deal of the starting of 212 Sexy), the middle is even pretty with almost a hint of candy like sweetness from the Hyacinth (the fragrance actually stays this way on my boyfriend's sister; she wears it wonderfully), unfortunatly the drydown on me hits a masculine cologne note. Which happens so often with me when fragrances have vetiver in them (I wish the not worked on me). A classy chypre that is probabley a wonderful introduction to young women wanting to wear a chypre.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2005 2:05:00 AM More reviews by peachygurl

I must admit the first time I encountered this perfume, my initial thought was of a cheap disappointment from Chanel. However I tried it again several months later and I fell in love with it. Subtle elegance, sweetness and fun all rolled into one. I have this now in the EDP and the Parfum. One spray of the parfum lasts me the entire day.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2005 9:49:00 PM More reviews by nancy_183

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another perfume that smells almost identical as 95% of the newer ones on the market. This smells nothing like the other Chanel fragrances (thank God). I absolutely can't stand the smell of these types of fragrances. I'm sick of these scents of the newer generation. I want something more timeless and less common. Please go back to making perfumes like they used to!!! I like the bottle though, it's simple and chic... what a waste!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2005 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

This is disgusting, good thing i got this as a gift and didn't have to spend my own $$$! Many ppl have commented saying Coco mademoiselle is the 'intense' version of Chance, well it`s NOT!!! I personally love Coco Mlle (my HG) but despise Chance. Chance is incredibly spicy and i choked the first time smelling it. I wondered whether it has PEPPERS in it and guess what? I looked up the ingredients and it does! Compare the two perfumes: (1) Chance: "Hyacinth, White Musc, Pink Pepper, Jasmine, Fresh Vetiver, Citrus, Iris and Amber of Patchouli"; (2) Coco Mlle: "Top notes of Orange and Bergamot are followed by clear, pure middle notes of Jasmine petals and Morning Rose. Base notes of Patchouli and Vetiver" (credit Chanel's Website). They only really have 1 ingredient in common (Jasmine) and 3 SIMILAR ingredients, but in a perfume, the combination of 'similar' notes smells COMPLETELY different when put all together! Thus Coco Mlle is actually NOT more intense than Chance and is actually LESS intense since it has less (spicy) ingredients. (This is my personal opinion, I do mean to offend those who love Chance)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2005 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Halo_Fourteen

iam on my second bottle of this and i just love it. I get so many compliments from people and when i smell it on other people its just amazing. The smell is so warm spicy sweet crisp and fresh, i try to only wear it when i go out on something special as i find that i go through it quite fast and find it quite pricy. Over all i give it a 5 and will continue to buy it for probally as long as my nose still works.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2005 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lady_angelice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know who's got the problem smelling it, me or my boyfriend because I think it smells like something my grandma would wear and he absolutely LOVES it. He goes nuts over this stuff. It smelled a whole lot better on the tester strip than it does on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

The one Chanel I just don't care for. I don't use all other ones, but at least I find something to like in every scent. This one smells rather common to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 10:43:00 AM More reviews by tmpr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this fragrance for a year, and I used to wear it a lot, but then got tired of it. Not long ago, I decided to come back to it, and I have fallen in love with it. I like the spice and the sweetness of it. A co-worker always compliments me, and I love to smell my wrists.
When I first spray it on, it is spicy, then it is floral. Finally is smells sweet. I find it to be very feminine. And as other MUAers have said, if this fragrance does not mix in with your chemistry, forget it. It stinks. My friend wore the same fragrance and it smelled awful on her. UPDATE: I stopped wearing it for a while and then came back to it. this is my "go-to" fragrance. I love it. My favorite (Le feu d'Issey, light) was discontinued, and this has replaced it! Muah, Muah Chance. You make me want to kiss myself!