Chanel Chance

3.8

This was the first gift my boyfriend ever bought me. The funny thing was that he did'ent smell it before! I think this purfume is'ent for me, it's too spicy! Although I can see why some ppl say it turns into a bubblegum scent later... I think it's not for young teenage girls but more for women in thier late 20's...But, I did get a few compliments when I wore this...and I think the purfume is very elegant.

this is one of my favorites scents to wear when i go out. i received a sample of it when i bought my mom's mother's day gift and i will def go and buy the full size bottle when i run out. on me, this is a very floral scent but it is not too grown up and doesn't overpower at all. this lasts a long time (as i would expect from chanel products) and drives every guy i know crazy for it. i wore it last week to the bar and the guy i was with kept commenting on how good i smelled.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Received sample and I love it, some others do not though..

on 7/3/2005 9:51:00 PM

This smelled really nice on one of the doctors that I work with, so I bought myself a little roll-on bottle from Ebay, only to find that Chance does NOT work for me. No complaints though, as I am feeling lucky to have two other Chanels that do work very well with my chemistry...Chanel 5 and Coco.

on 6/29/2005 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have three or four Chanel perfumes, so, I'm not being biased here, but, I can't wear this scent, it smells too much like men's cologne on me, it also gave the impression that it is very similar to Coco Mademoiselle, which I found to be a bad call from Chanel.
Bottle is okay, price is nice.

on 6/27/2005 1:47:00 PM

Toned-down Angel plus pepper.

From the Chanel Chance website:
"The unexpected floral fragrance by CHANEL, for women who know that in order to be lucky, you have to believe in chance !

CHANCE contains the finest raw materials : notes of White Musk, Hyacinth and Citron, Pink Pepper, Jasmine, Fresh Vetiver, Orris Absolute and Amber Patchouli. The materials are familiar, but our perception of them is completely new, because of the effect of the Unexpected Accord, which gives the fragrance its unique character.

The first round bottle from CHANEL, banded in silver and with a light, transparent top.

This Unexpected Floral Fragrance will surprise you with its constant changes. The original olfactory composition is illustrated by a moving constellation of scents."

Unfortunately, I get no floral vibe here. On me it's all that rotten-melon patchouli and pepper.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

help... can't... breathe...

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I fell in love with this at first, but after owning it for a year or so, I've grown tired of it. The spicy smell I once found so enticing has faded, and if i spray on too much, I feel a bit sick too my stomach. Sophisticated, but can be a bit overbearing.

on 6/22/2005 11:45:00 PM

I tried a sample of the Eau de Toilette in a departement store. Wow - talk about lasting power! I sprayed on maybe 3 spritzes on my neck at around 5pm. I went home, went to the gym, sweated, came home...it's 11:45pm now and I STILL smell Chance on me. I'm not sure if I like it enough to buy it though as it is very expensive; it is a very sweet smelling jasmine fragrance, but also fresh so not stuffy at all like some very heavy scents. I will think about it some more before buying. People who like Chance and want to try a smiliarly fresh smelling sweet perfume, try "Givenchy - Eau Torride". ***UPDATE*** I gave in and bought this perfume, it is the only one I use now. I love it so much, just spraying it on puts me in such a great mood! I feel sexy and feminine wearing this, it's such a sophisticated and original scent. I've gotten a lot of compliments from people when I wear this, and others inquiring what it is.

on 6/20/2005 7:56:00 AM

My least favorite of chanel fragrance. Very generic and like many other, to me not a chanel fragrance. Difficult to describe since it is just blah!!

Popular Fragrances