April 18, 2014 | 2039 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2005 12:24:00 AM More reviews by ara133

This has become my signature scent. Though I switch off with other perfumes (currently Miami Glow and Rockin' Rio for warm days), I always come back to Chance. It's especially nice in winter, as it's a tiny bit spicy (to me, anyway). Not overly floral, just a nice, pretty scent. I can't pick out the notes, but it is recognizable - the boy at the Starbuck's the other day actually asked if I was wearing Chance! I get quite a few compliments on it whenever I wear it, from officemates and the woman who does my eyebrows, to people I pass in a store or on the street. The only other perfume I've gotten this many compliments on is my OLD antique bottle of White Shoulders (not the new stuff, but a old bottle from the 1960s - I'm sure the chemistry has changed and it's actually a much deeper, richer scent than the ones you find on the shelf now). Anyway, I will buy this again and again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2005 9:29:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This Chanel scent does not suit my skin chemistry at all. Actually, it's quite horrible on me, although I know many people love it. All I can smell is the patchouli, a particularly dirty smelling type, with hints of pepper, vetiver and musk. It is slightly fruity, but I can't detect *any* floral notes at all. Chanel - what were you thinking of?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 8:32:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recieved this for "Mothers Day". I like the scent on my body, and is not overpowering nor gross. This is my first Chanel bottle. I know No. 5 doesn't work at all with my body chemistry. This is one of the few fragrances I can wear all day. This fades to a nice scent. I am anxious to try other fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by barbiedoll06

I have been wanting this fragrance for quite awhile and finally got it from my kids on Mother's Day. I cannot stop smelling myself, it is a sexy, yet classy fragrance.

It really works well with my body chemistry. Alot of fragrances smell great in the bottle until I spray it on myself, but this one will definitely be a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2005 3:44:00 PM More reviews by erynnj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is my first chanel. It's probably one of my favorite perfumes. its really what you would call a "man killer" seems like every man i work with comments on this scent. its very classy and sext to me. i usually wear estee lauder's intense pleasuers, pleasuers and beyond paradise. a great scent imo

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2005 9:26:00 AM More reviews by stickman

In a word - vile. This is a good example of just how individual we all are. Personally, I absolutely hated it on me - it kept grabbing my throat in waves but yet people around me thought it smelled nice and light on me. Very strange. I really like all the Chanels but this one is way out there. Very tricky. I can definitely see a love/hate thing happening here with hate coming out on top.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2005 3:26:00 PM More reviews by dulceflor

I felt compelled to write a reveiw after reading museinprogress's reveiw. It was quite amusing actually, although exaggerated and childish! It's only a perfume for goodness sakes! Anyways, I got a sample of this fragrance and have used it a couple times and...its not that bad, and not that great either. It does have a nice, refreshing smell about that is kind of hard to describe and it doesn't change much on me. You only need a spritz or two as it is strong and long-lasting! I like it better than coco mademoiselle which reminds me of my gross uncle Nick and was the reason that coco m. turned me off!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2005 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Laru79

Fit's my personality very well. I'm not an old, botoxed, battle ax doused in chanel no.5. I'm a young, 20 something female; unconventional, sassy, and sexy. This fragrance still has class, but isn't stuffy and I like that. Lasts all day too. I'm glad it's in my possesion. I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2005 6:53:00 PM More reviews by mk1030

Too ordinary-woud not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 12:56:00 PM More reviews by brookeashleygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first Chanel perfume and I love it. I want to buy all the others made by Chanel now to. This is great for younger women. As it is youthfulla nd sexy too. I usually wear RL Romance, Happy Heart by Clinique, and I just bought Gucci II.