Chanel Chance

3.8

Love this perfume!The name and everything. Just wearing it makes you feel great, it really suits everyone!

I don't get this. It's very peppery and masculine smelling on me for some reason. I don't get any of the flowers people describe. Bleh.

Chance is one of the more universally appealing Chanels, IMO, because it's fresher and lighter than the others. It's definitely not as sophisticated as Coco Mlle. But because the floral notes are lighter, the patchouli is very obvious to me, and that's enough to make me say no.

Coincidentally, this is also the first gift my boyfriend ever got me just like a previous reviewer here. I think this perfume smells sooo good. It smells very romantic and I feel very sophisticated when I wear it. It's not too strong either. I think I have a sensitive nose or something because oftentimes my nose hurts and get headaches when I smell some perfumes (like Clinique Happy!!). Chance doesn't hurt my nose at all or make me feel sick.

I love this fragrance on others but on me it smells like men's cologne. I wanted to love it but it smells exactly like something my husband would wear. WAAH!! I do like it on other people so I am disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I started in the past with Coco Mlle., but I swapped it away- it was too heavy, too strong, too serious, although in general I liked the smell. When I first smelled Chance over a year ago, I thought it was terrible. Mind you, I didn't like Coco Mlle. at first sniff, either. After wearing Coco Mlle and swapping it away, I tried Chance again. At first sniff I thought they were sort of similar. Then I got some samples of Chance in a swap and I wore it all day.

That's when the similarity stopped. Chance is lighter, fruitier and much more PEPPERY. Coco Mlle is heavier on the vanilla and a heavy oriental overall.

Jan Moran classifies this as a sheer oriental vs. Mlle's fresh oriental. Here are Jan Moran's notes on Chance:

"Chance orbits with an enticing circular structure of fresh citron, along with florals of rose, jasmine, and hyacinth. The lingering aura is comprised of amber, vetiver, and patchouli."

I agree with the circular structure comment. This fragrance has incredible staying power for an EDT but it's not too heavy. It smells pink-peppery.

I would say if you like Eau de Merveilles by Hermes, you may like this one. I would compare it more to Eau de Merveilles than Coco Mlle, it also has citrus, pepper and vetiver.

I feel fabulous and energized when I wear Chance. Love it.

This was the first gift my boyfriend ever bought me. The funny thing was that he did'ent smell it before! I think this purfume is'ent for me, it's too spicy! Although I can see why some ppl say it turns into a bubblegum scent later... I think it's not for young teenage girls but more for women in thier late 20's...But, I did get a few compliments when I wore this...and I think the purfume is very elegant.

this is one of my favorites scents to wear when i go out. i received a sample of it when i bought my mom's mother's day gift and i will def go and buy the full size bottle when i run out. on me, this is a very floral scent but it is not too grown up and doesn't overpower at all. this lasts a long time (as i would expect from chanel products) and drives every guy i know crazy for it. i wore it last week to the bar and the guy i was with kept commenting on how good i smelled.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Received sample and I love it, some others do not though..

This smelled really nice on one of the doctors that I work with, so I bought myself a little roll-on bottle from Ebay, only to find that Chance does NOT work for me. No complaints though, as I am feeling lucky to have two other Chanels that do work very well with my chemistry...Chanel 5 and Coco.

Popular Fragrances