January 28, 2015 | 900 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by GoingNatural86

This foundation does not match my skin... It is a bit too dark (so maybe this will work for the summer).

However, I love the coverage, and the finish. I think if the color matched me better then this could have possibly gotten 5 stars.

This last me about 4 hours before I need to use blotting powder or tissue.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by daytripper7719

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst foundations I’ve ever tried! I have incredibly oily skin with freckling and a few acne marks, but this foundation did not cover anything, and left my skin looking greasy. It’s supposed to provide buildable coverage and be water resistant – what a joke. The coverage was minimal at best, and it faded far before I came into any contact with water! This foundation should be called more of a “tinted moisturizer” rather than a foundation. I tried application with a foundation brush, a sponge, and my fingertips – but nothing seemed to make a difference. My freckles and pores showed through, and an hour after application it looked like I was wearing no makeup at all. The oiliness was minimized a bit when I used my trusty Mattify! Loose Powder Primer underneath the Studio Sculpt, but still, the coverage was awful. The only good part about this makeup was the way it felt when being applied. It was kind of a refreshing gel feel – just too bad the makeup has no pigment. I might as well have worn a clear gel that cost $30. This did nothing good for my complexion. Looks like I’ll be sticking to my Estee Lauder Max Cover Foundation – that stuff never fails!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by footballqueen07

So last summer this was recommended to me at MAC, and at first I loved it. Keep in mind my main problems are redness and large pores. When I first apply it, it seems to be covering everything perfectly. It does accentuate my pores just as much as any other foundation, which is disappointing but not a surprise to me.

It does not cake, but it is definitely not long wearing on me. I have oily skin and I start to shine within 20 minutes of my make-up application. It usually starts to wear within one to two hours depending. Which sucks !! Yes, I get very oily usually on the t-zone, with dry spots on my cheeks. I would say this is a very average foundation for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by peppermintpea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product for 2 days now...and YUCK I will not be using it anymore! This made my face greasy by the end of the day and basically no coverage left on my face. I have dry skin so I applied it over moisturizer and a primer....AND this is supposed to be heavier in coverage than the new Mineralize foundation...well tomorrow we will see as I will be giving that product a whirl.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

I have drier skin and it's hard to find a foundation with good coverage that doesn't exaggerate that. This is good for evening out your skintone and making your face appear flawless. A tiny amount can cover my whole face. However it can look a little thick though. I think these foundations run really yellow though, I am usually NC but I got this in NW20.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by iLeztmOmmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Studio Sculpt is the 1st foundation i bought from MAC & at 1st i REALLY liked it, but in the winter i went to get a lighter shade & decided to give Studio Fix Fluid a try & i knew that i LOVED it. i can see a diff. in the coverage it gives me & it lasts way longer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by nkp08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went into MAC yesterday hoping to buy the studio finish (name?) foundation, as I have read loads of great reviews about it. I spoke to a lady who tested out a few foundations and this one seemed to be the best. I have really a dry t-zone, and its gel-based qualitys made it great for me.

I apply by squeezing a pea sized amount onto the back of my hand, warming it up with my brush & blotting over my face, NO SWEEPING!! The amount is all i need for great coverage, partnered with the MAC moisture cover concealer. Then i finish with MAC mineralize skinfinish natural.

So far the foundations okay for me, haven't used it on a night out yet ... will update :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Novah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried probably hundreds of doundations because I'm obsessed with a perfect complexion (my HG is Dermablend). This was too yellow, the coverage was moderate but seemed transparent over any blemishes, revealing them. My biggest problem with this foundation was that it was just too flaky and the coverage was very uneven----and that's during the summer, when my skin is oily. The packaging is great as far as being sanitary, but I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Rakaus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good coverage and great looking on my skin right after application.
It does wear off easily and makes my skin looking oilier and pathier after a couple of hours. Which is solved by blotting my skin of putting on some powder.

Value for money is good as it contains 40 ml instead of the usual 30 ml
The tube is handy and hygienic.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ninapirie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It looks amaaaazing when you first put it on. It covers pretty mch everything and leaves you with dewy, even skin.

I have tried it both with and without a primer as well as experimented with leaving out my moisuriser but no matter what I do it doesn't last! I get oily and my skin feels gross after about 4 hours.. I have normal skin and live in a non-humid climate but this just does not stay on!

As much as I loved it when I first tried it on, I don't think I'd be repurchasing..