MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 3/22/2010 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I am on the hunt for a new HG foundation. I have tried several in the last few weeks and decided to try this one. I recieved a generous sample from a very nice MAC MA at one of the local dept. store counters. I recieved a sample in NW43, since I have recently discovered that it is my shade in Studio Fix Fluid.

Overall, this is a nice creamy foundation. I applied with my 109. I went onto my skin smoothly, and covered the few, very light pimple marks. It gave me a soft, finished airbrushed look. I was happy.

An hour later, my face looked horrible!!! This stuff oxidizes like nobody's business. It changed to a muddy, reddish brown and it began to feel heavy on my face. I have dry skin and the MA definitely told me this product is not for anyone with oily skin, and now I know why. I made me look greasy. BTW I set with Studio Fix Powder with 134 brush very lightly. I was at work, so I washed this off and dusted my face with some powder.

Note: I have noticed that with MAC you may or may not be the same shade in different types of foundation. For example: Studio Fix in C7 is my HG powder, but I need NW 43 in Studio Fix Fluid and Studio Sculpt in NW43 didn't match.

on 3/19/2010 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

What I like most about this product is that it stays put for me. I turn into an oil slick with any non-powder foundation but was finding that powders were working less well with my aging skin. I'm not having major problems with oiliness using this; maybe just on the nose. The product doesn't slip around on the face too much for me. It doesn't feel heavy at all. Shade matches my skin nicely although an MUAer advised that I buy one shade darker than I would in Studio Fix which was good advice.

on 3/19/2010 2:31:00 PM

i came across this foundation by asking a girl whos complexion looked absolutley flawless what foundation she wore.. after hunting for so many years to find one i actully liked,she said mac studio sculpt.after reading all the mixed reviews on here wasnt sure if to try it or not so got a tester first in nc25,colour is perfect for me,goes on lovely,u really do only need a pea sized amount else it can look thick and cakey.it looks so natural, i set with the mac prep and prime tranparent finishing powder and looks amazing,pores are hardly visible and lasts all day.i apply with fingers or a foundation brush,will buy again very happy
im used to wearing doublewear so do need a longlasting foundation and this seems to have the same staying power,have not tried it without the mac prep and prime powder tho but if ur looking for a foundation like double wear but a bit more natural then this is def the one to try!

on 3/19/2010 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

well i have the mac studio fix foundation and i love it and i must say i love the stuio sculpt as well...i have very oily acne prone skin, and i have a lot of post acne spots and redness as well and it covers my imperfection beautifully.

the thing is that ss can look a bit thick on your face..but to prevent that i only take a pea size amount and dot it all over my face, put a little more where i need more coverage..and take a stippling brush or a flat powder brush and dampen it with water...and then i blend blend blend!!!! you can either set it with fix+ or powder(i use either laura mercier setting powder or mac msf natural)...and it makes it look like my really skin while covering everything..i dont need to use a concealer

it is 40ml, studio fix found has 30ml and is in a tube, which i think is more sanitary and convenient. another big thing, is that it doesnt oxiize on my face..yay!!!!..it has a creamy texture, not runny. it has a smell to it, but it doesnt bother me gives a dewy finish, if i dont powder my forehead and nose will be shiny & oily. however my friend has dry skin and it is so beautiful on her. anyways i would purchase again as i dont need much to cover!!!

dont like the fact that if i dont set with powder, i get super greasy and sweaty looking and i feel like the foundation never sets, like itll just rub off, however good coverage and like the packaging

on 3/13/2010 2:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is so heavy. I asked the SA for a medium coverage and she reccomended this. When she tested it out on me, she used a sponge and used like 4 squeezes of the tube. EEEEEKKKK. that was so much product and it looked soooo cakey. I bought it anyways and tried it at home with different brushes to try to sheer it out. Foundation brush, 109 dupe brush, kabuki, stippler, all made it hard to sheer out because it was sooo thick. and looked like a heavy mask.

My skin was bad at the time (dry flakes, blemishes) so heavy coverage accenuated it. I havent tried it lately (with my good skin) so I cant judge it there.

It does control oil and provides a matte complexion.

on 3/13/2010 2:31:00 AM

I must have debated about whether or not I wanted to buy this product or not for months, and then I finally decided to give it a try. And I have to say that I am not disappointed in the product at all. It gives good coverage. It does not settle into pores or a few of those fine lines that have started to show up and hang out for a while. It lasts all day as well, and I have had no problems with it oxidizing on me. In fact, the other day, I was wearing this and a guy at work asked me if I had Botox done. At first I was a little offended, but I later learned that he meant that my skin looked flawless.The only thing that I do not like about this foundation is that it seems tacky (I mean as in sticky) when I first apply it, and even after I've set it with powder, it still feels not quite dry. That feeling does annoy me, but not enough to say that i dislike the product. I would buy again.

on 3/13/2010 1:39:00 AM

This foundation isnt TOO BAD! but not great, hence not gunna buy it again.

I've only worn it once (today), i applied in pretty lightly with a foundation brush and set it with a mac powder and so far, by the late afternoon, it has worn okay. I can see where the 'oily yet dry' comment has come from, but this effect is minimal on me. I think I will stick to liquid foundations though, because I prefer a heavier coverage and slightly more made up look. AND yep took a few snapshots and is not photo/flash friendly, makes you have a white face from sunscreen in foundation.

on 3/12/2010 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I'm also surprised to see bad reviews on this. It's a creamy, gel like texture and blends in really well when I use my 188 stippler brush. I can see how this can be too slippery for people with very oily skin because this gives a dewy finish. I have combo to oily skin and it works great for me as long as I use a powder over it. So far so good!

Update: changed lippie from a 5 to a 3. I noticed my face really greasy after wearing this and a few clogged pores on my cheeks :(. I returned it.

on 3/11/2010 8:16:00 PM

I'm really surprised to see such bad reviews on this foundation. I got a sample of this so I could try it for a week and see how I like it and I decided to go back and purchase it. I love this foundation so much, its creamy, blendable and it makes my skin look amazing when i use the 187 stippling brush. I'm usually gone everyday from noon til ten at night and when I get home my skin still looks like it did when I left the house. Which is a big plus cause I have no time during the day to keep reaplyiing my foundation. It hasn't caused me to break out either, but then again my skins not really acne prone. My skins dry to normal so i m not sure how this sets on people with oily skin. This is by far my favorite foundation :)

on 3/6/2010 8:23:00 PM

I wish I could say that this product is worth the money but it isn't! It's the worst foundation I had EVER! It's in a gel form which I though that I would like but I don't. I have combination to dry skin also it's a bit sensitive just to let all of you know. It looks cakey on me, very hard to work with, doesn't blend well, feels like I have a mask on. It feels very heavy on the skin. It might work for someone that has oily skin?! My mom tried it and she didn't like it as well she has mature skin with the same type of skin like me. Needs to be applied with your fingers that's when you get the best results. It's a full coverage foundation so if you have scars or imperfections on your skin this might cover it up well. Will never repurchase this foundation!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv

Top Rated MAC Products