MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 4/27/2010 6:35:00 PM

I thought the bottle would be quite small so i was suprised at the amount you get in the studio sculpt. The foundation itself is pretty thick so i have to apply it with my 130 stippling brush but once worked in it makes the skin look flawless! It does wear off a bit during the day and oxidise on my skin slightly but i like the finish it gives too much to stop using it just yet! Maybe go for a slightly lighter colour next time?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

During a recent trip to MAC for eye cream, my SA gave me a sample of the Stuido Sculpt Foundation and Concealer to test. I've tested these product for several days and in a nutshell, thank goodness I didn't spend my money on this stuff! Goodness, it's awful!

The first thing I notice about this foundation is it's consistancy. It's very thick/heavy feeling, very 'oily'/slippery (and I have dry skin!). Everyday I used a different method of application - I used my fingertips, stipple brush, foundation brush, sponge - you name it, I tried it with this foundation. I got the same results every time. The foundation just slid around on my face. It didn't stay in place and felt disgusting! Ugh! The concealer just made things worse, but that's in another review :)

I threw this samples away, glad to be back to my regular foundation!

For me, this product has been on of the worse foundations I've ever tested. Thumbs down!!!

Not only was it

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've been reading a lot of negative reviews on this product, and for those that have found a color match I think they should give it another try.

It did take me a while to find a color match, I was a few shades lighter than what I usually use in MAC foundation, but there are a LOT of choices, if you can find a color match return it, or if ur looking for a color match, have the MA there make you two samples and take them both home and try (and even mix) to see if they work.

As far as coverage goes I think that this provides excellent coverage, no concealer necessary if i finish with a powder. One thing that i did learn, less is a lot more with this product, people said that it would "fall off their face" throughout the day...that may be as a result of putting too much on in the first place. I like to use a large foundation brush to apply and I only use about the size of a pea, for those who need more coverage maybe the size of a lima bean...I will dot it on my skin, stipple it a little, the rub it the rest of the way in until it is blended, if I wish to add another layer (for more coverage) i will blot with makeup sponge, this gets rid of the "gel-like" residue (which usually is the cause of the "greasey look" later in the day)...then apply another layer in the same fashion. I dust with a finishing powder (i use mineralize skin finish, or the revlon mineral finishing powder) and i am ok.

the coverage is good, the application is easy. i think its a good buy because it lasts forever...and it looks like your skin, a lot of other mac makeup looks too much like foundation, if this is applied correctly and in the right shade it looks amaizing on the skin...good luck, i hope this helps someone!

on 4/25/2010 1:12:00 AM

I got a sample of this foundation, and first up.. I really can't get over the smell of this. It smells kinda plastic-y weird, which really wouldn't bother me as much if not for the fact i could smell it on my face. Agh!
If you have flaky skin, this will accentuate them and have them tell the world HI, I'M HERE!
The finish is alright on me, flakiness aside, but it does tend to leave my T-zone a bit shiny after a few hours.
If you have decent skin that needs a bit of coverage and don't mind funky smells, go for it. If not, pick something else, definitely.

on 4/24/2010 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

PROS: Near flawless (and beautiful!) and no less than medium coverage; Creamy, blendable texture; Hygienically packaged; per Paula Begoun, this is "a workable option for those with normal to slightly dry or oily skin."
CONS: Wears chalky on me (like any and all foundations or powders from MAC). And, it initially stings my face when I first put it on. The stinging, however, stops within a minute or two but that can't be a good thing for me. (I do have very reactive skin.)

on 4/23/2010 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So I bought this at the same time I bought NARS sheer glow (foundation junkie) and at first I hated it. But then I put my brushes away and discovered my love for makeup sponges, and voila! The finish of this foundation is perfection when used with a wet sponge. However (and this is the big drawback), it broke me out like crazy and I dont have acne prone skin. I went home for a weekend and my mom said that I must be well rested because my face looked amazing lol. This covers everything. I put this away since I cant deal with the breakouts but I think Im going to give it another shot by mixing it with my current fave-- revlon colorstay.
Btw, this is not particularly photo friendly for olive-darker skinned women because the spf in it will make you look ghostly when you take a picture :(. If you are pale-fair skinned, this most likely will not be noticeable to you.

on 4/23/2010 2:53:00 PM

well i do really like the packaging on the foundation, and that the formulation is such that it doesn't separate. i wish UDPP would have packaging like this :) im fair and my color is NW15, i have tried other MAC foundations and i found that even though NW is supposed to be pink undertones i still found them to be very yellow on me as i have a very pink undertone. but this foundation was the perfect shade it, when i put it on it looks like a second skin. i wear sunscreen and a moisturizer then i put n studio sculpt, i dont think it blends as well without a moisturizer under it (i use moisturelush by MAC) studio sculpt definitely isnt extreme wear or very long lasting, i found that if i touch my face too much or sweat just a little the product comes right off. but it is a great shade and great coverage i just wish it wasnt so expensive

on 4/22/2010 1:40:00 AM

One of the best foundations I've come across, though I'm not ready to call it a HG yet. Great broadspectrum SPF protection in a densly pigmented foundation. Really gives supreme coverage, no need for a separate concealor. I use the MAC skunk brush (188) to apply first to my face in light layers. Gives me a flawless finish. Topped off with Blot powder, this foundation lasts all day. I use the MAC cleansing oil to take it off at night, and I would recommend a cleansing oil or separate make-up remover to take it off, as the sheer tenacity of this foundation cannot be tackled by your cleanser alone. I wear this in NW15 which is a perfect match for my ultra pale with the slightest olive tinge complexion. While I love this for nights out and long work days, I find it a bit much for everyday. I have not had any breakouts or clogged pores from using this foundation so I think this will work for the acne-prone skin. Great for oily, combo, and combo-dry skins, though drier skins might need a creamier base.

on 4/21/2010 10:55:00 AM

I have tried at least 15 different foundations, and this is really my favorite so far. I've heard that the studio sculpt foundation should be darker than the studio fix fluid but i really dont think so. I'm like super pale and studio fix nc15 was a bit too dark and yellowish for me, plus it clumps on my skin and dries out. Studio sculpt nc15 is really light and matches my skin perfect i think! And it works really great for sensitive dry skin, and doesnt dry out. I had a little trouble with blending it at first, but my fav way to apply this product is to use a wet sponge, then it blends perfectly :)

on 4/20/2010 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've watched youtube review on this product. And I thought I would give it a try. I bought the product and it gives a good coverage but it doesn't blend well.