MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 4/23/2010 2:53:00 PM

well i do really like the packaging on the foundation, and that the formulation is such that it doesn't separate. i wish UDPP would have packaging like this :) im fair and my color is NW15, i have tried other MAC foundations and i found that even though NW is supposed to be pink undertones i still found them to be very yellow on me as i have a very pink undertone. but this foundation was the perfect shade it, when i put it on it looks like a second skin. i wear sunscreen and a moisturizer then i put n studio sculpt, i dont think it blends as well without a moisturizer under it (i use moisturelush by MAC) studio sculpt definitely isnt extreme wear or very long lasting, i found that if i touch my face too much or sweat just a little the product comes right off. but it is a great shade and great coverage i just wish it wasnt so expensive

on 4/22/2010 1:40:00 AM

One of the best foundations I've come across, though I'm not ready to call it a HG yet. Great broadspectrum SPF protection in a densly pigmented foundation. Really gives supreme coverage, no need for a separate concealor. I use the MAC skunk brush (188) to apply first to my face in light layers. Gives me a flawless finish. Topped off with Blot powder, this foundation lasts all day. I use the MAC cleansing oil to take it off at night, and I would recommend a cleansing oil or separate make-up remover to take it off, as the sheer tenacity of this foundation cannot be tackled by your cleanser alone. I wear this in NW15 which is a perfect match for my ultra pale with the slightest olive tinge complexion. While I love this for nights out and long work days, I find it a bit much for everyday. I have not had any breakouts or clogged pores from using this foundation so I think this will work for the acne-prone skin. Great for oily, combo, and combo-dry skins, though drier skins might need a creamier base.

on 4/21/2010 10:55:00 AM

I have tried at least 15 different foundations, and this is really my favorite so far. I've heard that the studio sculpt foundation should be darker than the studio fix fluid but i really dont think so. I'm like super pale and studio fix nc15 was a bit too dark and yellowish for me, plus it clumps on my skin and dries out. Studio sculpt nc15 is really light and matches my skin perfect i think! And it works really great for sensitive dry skin, and doesnt dry out. I had a little trouble with blending it at first, but my fav way to apply this product is to use a wet sponge, then it blends perfectly :)

on 4/20/2010 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've watched youtube review on this product. And I thought I would give it a try. I bought the product and it gives a good coverage but it doesn't blend well.

on 4/18/2010 3:55:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this poduct-I used it for a solid year and for awhile I absolutely LOVED it. made my skin extremely flawless-looking, and looked wonderful in pictures. The only problem is, I feel like it looks great when your skin's texture is good (aka: for good skin days) but when your skin happens to have any sort of breakout, this foundations loses its charm :( it honestly seems to clump on any blemish, and rubs off easily/dries up on any little bump, even with a good primer/concealer in place. So overall, if you have good skin-go for this! But if you are at all break-out probone, then you may want to reconsider

on 4/17/2010 11:26:00 PM

Ok so i brought this foundation and i really like the coverage and the way it made me look. i love looking matte. somehow this looks like your own skin. it makes me look way flawless that studiofix fluid. but this thing broke me out.. so return it went...

So then, i was thinking i really love the coverage and yet again i went to go buy it, wore it 2 days in a row and again this thing broke me out.... return it went.

Certainly, i am in denial that its breaking me out, im thinking about getting it again and wearing it not constantly everyday but maybe do it 2 times a week. THE COVERAGE IS TOO AMAZING TO LET DOWN!

what other foundation has a gel like consistancy like this?!

As for now. i love the way studio sculpt foundation looks on me, NC25, pleaseee third try. do not fail me!

on 4/17/2010 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, this is my first time wearing Sculpt so I will update after a few tries. But I still wanted to share...

I'm not a big makeup wearer. I just recently started occasionally wearing foundation but I'm very precise about what I want- something I can toss in my purse, preferably something I can apply with fingers, and something not heavy but can still mask redness. So far, this does all that. I have it in NC40 (I wore NC40 in Tech). At first it looked a little pale so I started to worry. But after I finished applying, it seemed to even out (maybe it did oxidize to a more orangey color, but it matches perfectly!). I applied with my fingers all over my face, then spritz my face with Evian mist thingie, and then used a strippling (NYX) brush and just kinda gently worked it in there- not really buffed- just spread it all over evenly. And the best part is that if you need an extra coverage for redness, it builds up! Tech is supposed to build up too, but I never was able to successfully get it to build up with out looking cakey. But with Sculpt, after I was done applying, I just went back and added a bit extra on my cheeks and no redness.

I have normal, but more towards the dry side, skin. I always wear moisturizer with SPF. So I wore moisturizer AND PRIMER, not knowing what to expect. My face feels a bit greasy at the moment, but it doesn't look it. But I can still feel it! Next time I'll just wear the primer and see if this eliminates that feeling.

So far-
CONS: Face feels greasy
PROS: Looks pretty sheer, easy to apply, can throw it in a purse with no issues, covers redness, and I think that is it.

UPDATE:
Had to downgrade from 4 lippies, to 2. I couldn't take the greasiness/ heaviness of Sculpt on me. I don't even get it because I have dry skin. I tried with and without moisturizer, but it just felt so icky. I was constantly rubbing my face because it seemed to gunk up. Lot of creasing in the nose area. I exchanged it for Select SPF and it seems to look ok. Someone told me I looked nice and different about my face. They specifically said 'I don't know if it's the makeup but you look different but good'. It had to have been the makeup... I always look good ;)

on 4/16/2010 10:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I made the mistake and bought this one even though I have a combination skin (the mua recommended it ). It was very heavy, it looked cakey and made the skin oily on my T-zone. Moreover, after 2-3 hours was starting to be visible in the edges of my nose and my chin. Horrible!

on 4/14/2010 11:47:00 PM

The first problem I had with this was finding a good match. The NW shades are far too cool and almost look pink in the tube, and the NC shades are noticeably orange.
I'm in the C3/NC25/NW20 range and could not find a color to match, so I tried blending NC20 and NW25. This provided a decent match, but I could not stand the feeling of the foundation on my face. It was like being smothered with a wet blanket! I also thought it looked heavy and obvious. I guess the trade off is that it really does cover nearly everything.
On the plus side, it does stay true to shade and is quite long wearing.

on 4/14/2010 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i have been using this for 2 days now and I already noticed some white heads on my nose and forehead. It makes your skin look FLAWLESS though. I really hope it dosent break me out more. I WANT this to work. I have REALLY uneven skin tone and this works great. I got compliments on it already and ive been at work for about 2 hours.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv

Top Rated MAC Products