July 29, 2014 | 2094 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using mac studio fix fluid for years but my skin is quite dry, especially in the winter, so i was told i should give studio sculpt a try. Its wonderful. Its like a creme foundation but in a squeeze tube, it glides on perfectly smooth and the nice creamy texture makes my skin look smooth and even. A little does go a long way and because of the texture, you can buff it out so it covers a lot of area evenly. it's nice with a sponge but I have been using my 109 brush. The 187 brush works well too but i like a more densely packed brush to buff it out more. This formula might run a little light, I wear NC15 in the studio fix fluid so i bought the same shade with the sculpt and it's a tad light, but not enough to make a difference. I would suggest getting matched again if you are switching to this from another mac foundation. I would definitely recommend this to someone with dry skin, but its not greasy at all so most people should be able to wear this beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by SareenaS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great foundation, a little goes a long way! I usually wear Studio Fix during the week but it tends to fade off by the end of the day so I wanted something that will last. This is perfect! I put a small amount of NC40 on my concealer brush and use it all over my face. It provides flawless coverage and lasts all day long! It has more of a heavy coverage I find so if you have oily or acne prone skin, you may not like this product. Since I dont need to use alot, I'm sure this will last me forever! Well worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I raved about this just recently on the makeup board, lol. I have so many foundations but they never really seemed to match all that well. I'm extrememly fair (almost pure white) with pink in my face but yellow in my neck. Plus, despite using sunscreen 24/7, my face looks darker than my neck when using foundation. Many products turn on me. So, I found myself in the MAC free-standing store and saw an SA with amazingly pale skin. She stood out being so pale. I walked over to her and said "we are the same shade. Please please tell me what you are wearing". She said "better yet, I'll put on you what I'm wearing" and she did. I watched as, magically, my face began to match my neck in paleness and color. Long story short, she pulled shades I would not have and produced the perfect look. NC15 in this foundation give me the yellow to cut my pinkness and match my neck AND is light enough to work for me. It's creamy and spreads easily ( I use a talkon foundation brush ) BUT BUT BUT....... the type of MOISTURIZER I use makes a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference. The best one, so far, is Laura Mercier Flawless Skin facial moisturizer under P&P 50. Perfection.

I have dry skin, virtually no lines. I love this product. BTW, OVER it I use a light dusting of NW5 loose powder and my concealer is NW20. (I would have thought LIGHTER concealer but NO, this one is perfect in shade. WHo knew?!) The foundation gives great coverage without looking masky or having to use a lot of it. Bravo MAC.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by malinen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have an love-hate relationship with this foundation. It's love when I put it on and when I'm wearing it, but it clogs my pores. I still use it every now and then when I need a foundation that I know will last long and that will look good doing it, but I can't stand the clogs that I get from wearing it.

My skin is a golden that varies from NC15 to NC20 depending on the season. In the summer, I wear the NC20 and it's almost a perfect match. The NC15 is a great match for my winter skin, but I wish that it had a tiny bit more yellow to it. It's still a "yellow" shade, but it's more neutral than the NC20. For colour refference, I wear the following colours in the winter: Lauress Subtle Gold, Lily Lolo Warm Peach and EDM Golden Fair. In the summer: Lauress Soft Gold, EDM Golden Fawn and MAC C1.

I've tried applying it with my fingers, with my 109, with my regular foundation brush and with my 188. Even thou I find that it works with them all, I prefer the 188, since it makes it look almost airbrushed. The only thing to keep in mind is that it might look a bit cakey at first, but after maybe half an hour the foundation has blended perfectly into my skin and after a few hour I look like I'm glowing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by almost40

I received this as a RAOK and Im really pleased with the thought.I've only tried it once so here are my views based on that first application.
Firstly I like the tube as theres no pump(which I hate)and no wastage as I can control how much foundation comes out.The colour was maybe a tad dark(nw20)but looked ok once my powder etc was on.The consistancy was good,applied well and looked nice.It lasted a good few hours and even when it started to wear off my skin looked nice and dewy still but not oily.
I think MAC foundations are expensive but they do have a vast collection of colours and a few different textures.I think Im gonna like it but I'll see how it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by lovepotion18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! I use to wear MAC's Studio Tech foundation and thought that was my HG, but this is so much better. I only use a small amount, the size of a pea with my 209 brush and buff it in. Then use my MSF Natural to set it. I can't believe what a small amount of it, I actually use compared to the Studio Tech. My friend commented on how natural my face looks. Which is a plus for me, cause I def don't want to look like I have too much makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Tempe12mua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

For me, this formula is just OK. Its not my fave but I have had worse. I guess I was expecting a fuller coverage. I know it is buildable with the gel base, but it got cakey looking on my cheeks. I also use MUFE's all Mat primer under to fill pores and I can still see them with this over it. A little bit really goes a long way. The weight of this formula is great, very light. I love how soft and even my skintone looks from a distance. But up close you can see the foundation and that's before I put all my color ontop. My fave way to apply it is with my Sephora stippling brush. I found my regular foundation brush makes this formula look heavier. I also found I get a nice satin finish from this, not quite matte but not at all dewy like others described. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I find that this foundation works for me. I wasn't sure at first and mixed it with various other lighter foundations. Even went out and bought Chanel pro lumiere at $58 - and now find myself liking this much better for my skin. I like the coverage, color and consistency on my skin. It is different in terms of texture and so I would recommend that you get a sample of it prior to buying it and be sure to get a MAC s/a to color match you .. but it works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyedBeauty1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The worst and last MAC foundation I have used now! You can't even touch your face without having this foundation all over your fingers! I have quite dry skin so I thought this would be good for me! But boy was I wrong! By the end of the day this foundation slides off and makes my skin look somehow oily