November 23, 2014 | 1919 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ninapirie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It looks amaaaazing when you first put it on. It covers pretty mch everything and leaves you with dewy, even skin.

I have tried it both with and without a primer as well as experimented with leaving out my moisuriser but no matter what I do it doesn't last! I get oily and my skin feels gross after about 4 hours.. I have normal skin and live in a non-humid climate but this just does not stay on!

As much as I loved it when I first tried it on, I don't think I'd be repurchasing..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2010 6:51:00 AM More reviews by yvonnelaizer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation looks great when first applied. My skin looks glowy and natural and the coverage is great. However, the foundation shifts throughout the day and comes off so easily. If I blow my nose, all the foundation comes off and I get a nasty looking tissue. I also noticed that my face was a lot oilier with the foundation on. Lastly, this is not a photo friendly foundation because it contains SPF 15. It makes my face look ghost-white in flash photography. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Mckenzieknowsmakeup

When I was getting my makeup done for free at MAC ($50 dollar purchase first) I told the girl what I wanted for foundation and a powder. I pointed to MAC studio sculpt because the cool tube like packaging caught my eye and I happened to see it in a video for peacelovepink on youtube. She then geared me toward the well know mineralize skinfinish naturals as the best setting powder for any foundation (what she said) but you have to remember as honest as they may be they are trying to sell a product and make a buck. She was completely correct,so lets get that out of the way! So far this product says to be medium to high coverage. It is,the reason I need foundation is I have alot of freckles and really red cheeks to some people they think red cheeks is great and you wouldn't need blush,well to me its just discoloration and an uneven skintone so I didn't want anything too heavy. I also have oily/combination skin so oily t-zone and sorta dry cheeks. This product DOES NOT cake and does not crease or anything. I did get kinda oily but I blame my skin and it was only in my nose. I apply it with the 191 foundation brush known for looking like a paint brush,and it works perfectly fine,for better blending and buffing use something more strong so you dont get the "paintlike application" and even with that brush I didn't get any streeks. Overall this product lasts all day and looks quite natural. Goes great with mineralize skinfish natural,so make sure you have your color. Yhis product is also a gel based foundation! So make sure you known the difference between a liquid,cream,powder,and a gel foundation before freaking out when you apply it to your face for the first time. Have fun :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by graznik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Provides medium coverage without looking heavy or like you're wearing too much make-up. It doesn't go on chalky or powdery at all for me, and I have dry skin.
Applied with MAC #187 it gives an airbrushed finish that evens out my skintone and lightly covers some spots and dark circles (although a concealer is definitly neccesary). I set it with powder and it lasts me all day, without fading or going oily.
This foundation doesn't really have a "wow factor", and that's why it only gets four lippies, but it's damn good and does it's job really well. It never dissapoints me, like loads of other foundations have done. I would definitly repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Tinka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There's something about sculpt that's not quite right.
I've been using the perfect matching NC20 for months now. It's odd that I didn't come to the conclusion that this foundation looks awful on me after only a few hours until recently. Considering I've been thinking I'd found my HG foundation!

It's common knowledge that you shouldn't even consider trying sculpt when you have a (somewhat) oily complexion. However, my skin is fairly normal, dry even. Only during my period my T-zone tends to get a little oily during the day.

Here's what: sculpt looks so amazingly good upon applying, it gives my skin a healthy glow, blends beautifully, the amount of a pie will get you pretty far and the coverage is great as well. So far, I am a big fan of a gelbased foundation like this one. Then, after only a few hours, things seem to go wrong. It starts looking chalky and powdery. Such a different structure from the smooth and dewy 'first look' of it. And although I do have a normal complexion - as I mentioned earlier - it creeps into my pores and the fine lines underneath my eyes. During the day it transforms into an oily yet powdery sheet on my skin.

Worse, I cannot touch my face without wiping sculpt off and having it clinch onto my fingers. Accidentally rubbing your nose? Uh uh, bad idea! Even without having my skin make contact with anything varying from clothes, fingers or hair this foundation starts to slither on my face.

UPDATE: Ditched this terrible foundation. Finally listened to people telling me it looked like a was wearing a mask. Why did I go through all the trouble in the first place? Because MAC is a popular brand? They may be on top of their game when it comes to eye shadows, their foundations are awful.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Chii21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was recommended this product by MAC and after a bit of research decided to give this foundation a go, the reviews were pretty good and I suppose I was hoping for a miracle foundation.
I have very dry skin and I find normal foundations just tend to look flaky and make my skin feel very tight, I was hoping MAC wouldn't be one of them.
Unfortunately, this gel based foundation didn't seem to sink into my skin very well and just made my face feel very dry, especially around my t-zone, it even enhanced dry parts on my face that I didn't know I had!
I wouldn't recommend this foundation to someone with very dry skin, I suggest sticking to a liquid foundation instead of going for a gel based one.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by claire8

I liked the packaging of this foundation, a tube is much easier than those glass bottles. I started out buying this NC25 which is the colour i usually wear...this was so orange! Such an unnatural colour compared to NC25 in the other foundations. So i went back....the SA gave me NW20. This looked great when i first applied it but was a greasy mess after about an hour! Also left a pink cast on my face. I have combo skin. Couldn't wait to wash it off. Also tried NC20, which was too light. I wouldn't buy this again as the colours are strange and it gets soo greasy. Would not recommend to those with combo or oily skin at all. This would probably work great for dry or normal skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by PeaceFroggy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This looked utterly sublime as I first smoothed it on, even under my unflattering bathroom lights. Natural, radiant, slightly glowy, airbrushed.

But it quickly became difficult to blend, and settled to a kind of chalky, cakey, powdery finish. While this drier finish suits some people, it is not what you expect from a creamy looking foundation with shea butter.

It is a good foundation. The shade (NW20) is a perfect match and considering the medium+ coverage, the over-all finish is fairly natural.

But if you are looking for a rich, creamy, moisturising foundation, this "gel-creme" is not it - it is surprisingly matte. A runnier, liquid consistency may actually be your best bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Julia2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

MAC foundations in general don't receive much praise and I understand that. They do cause breakouts for many people and they can look cakey and unnatural. However, I have to say that I love Studio Sculpt. I went to a MAC store about a month ago just to look around. They weren't very busy and a lovely MA offered to do my makeup just for fun. I told her that I as far as foundations go, I don't really have a full-coverage one that I love. She recommended Studio Sculpt and as soon as she put it on I was in love. The texture is wonderful- it is so creamy but not heavy or greasy. It is fairly thick but not too rich. It covers like a dream! I have a lot of redness in my skin (both naturally as I have a pale, pinky complexion and from pesky breakouts and post-breakout marks) and this completely covers all of it. It also seemed to smooth out the texture of my skin. She told me it would glide over the bumps on my face and make them appear smoother and less noticable, and I wrote it off as a marketing-ploy figuring there was no way that could be true. To my utter amazement, she was right! Once it is on, it doesn't look cakey or unnatural. It is not dewey but not totally matte either. With a moisturizer underneath my skin has a slight natural radiance. It stays all day with a primer underneath (I love Too Faced Primed and Poreless right now) and looks fresh until I remove it. I use the Sephora Airbrush 55 brush to apply it (lightly stipple then gently buff) and it honestly looks almost airbrushed. I set it with MAC Prep and Prime Powder. I don't have great skin, but with these products I could fool anyone! It is hard to find a good foundation and I love this one. I have used it every day for the past month or so and I still love it just as much as the day I bought it. I no longer have the urge to try other foundations, and that is revolutionary for me. I am actually completely satisfied with the coverage, finish, lasting power, and quality of this foundation. Yay for a good MAC foundation! (More B2M!)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by kazooty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation after seeing many positive reviews of it both on MUA and Youtube. It was the first foundation I ever got a sample of before buying (didn't know it was possible up until then!) and what made the biggest good impression on me was just how long that sample lasted. One teeny tiny sample jar of Studio Sculpt was enough foundation for me for three weeks! I didn't use it every single day, but when I did I went full coverage so this feature of it really impressed me.

Studio Sculpt foundation is not for those who want sheer coverage; it works best when full coverage. Only a little is needed for that, as it is very pigmented, covering up my redness and acne scars almost totally. It's a gel-like consistency, so I don't use a stippling brush, just a traditional foundation brush, but it's very easy to blend and apply-it'll only streak if you want it to! I love that it makes my skin look great without looking heavy at all. It doesn't settle into or highlight my pores or dry skin (don't have fine lines so I don't know about those.)

This foundation dries to a matte, quite powdery finish. I never have to use a primer with it (Smashbox PF made no difference to lasting time) but I akways set it with powder to stop it feeling 'tacky'. And then it lasts all day! Today I've been wearing it since the morning (it's now 9 o'clock pm) and it's still going pretty strong. For this reason, I always choose it as my foundation when I'm going out at night, because I feel like it doesn't let my face get shiny, or wear off fast (it only transfers ever so slightly) and it's pretty much indestructible!

You get a lot of product for your money; my tube of it is not even half-empty and I've had it for a few months! For only around €25 this is a very good deal in my opinion.

Packaging is functional like all MAC foundations, nothing to write home about. Also I wouldn't recommend it if you want a 'glowy' foundation, because of its matte finish.