December 19, 2014 | 1563 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by iLeztmOmmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Studio Sculpt is the 1st foundation i bought from MAC & at 1st i REALLY liked it, but in the winter i went to get a lighter shade & decided to give Studio Fix Fluid a try & i knew that i LOVED it. i can see a diff. in the coverage it gives me & it lasts way longer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by nkp08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went into MAC yesterday hoping to buy the studio finish (name?) foundation, as I have read loads of great reviews about it. I spoke to a lady who tested out a few foundations and this one seemed to be the best. I have really a dry t-zone, and its gel-based qualitys made it great for me.

I apply by squeezing a pea sized amount onto the back of my hand, warming it up with my brush & blotting over my face, NO SWEEPING!! The amount is all i need for great coverage, partnered with the MAC moisture cover concealer. Then i finish with MAC mineralize skinfinish natural.

So far the foundations okay for me, haven't used it on a night out yet ... will update :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Novah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried probably hundreds of doundations because I'm obsessed with a perfect complexion (my HG is Dermablend). This was too yellow, the coverage was moderate but seemed transparent over any blemishes, revealing them. My biggest problem with this foundation was that it was just too flaky and the coverage was very uneven----and that's during the summer, when my skin is oily. The packaging is great as far as being sanitary, but I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Rakaus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good coverage and great looking on my skin right after application.
It does wear off easily and makes my skin looking oilier and pathier after a couple of hours. Which is solved by blotting my skin of putting on some powder.

Value for money is good as it contains 40 ml instead of the usual 30 ml
The tube is handy and hygienic.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by ninapirie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It looks amaaaazing when you first put it on. It covers pretty mch everything and leaves you with dewy, even skin.

I have tried it both with and without a primer as well as experimented with leaving out my moisuriser but no matter what I do it doesn't last! I get oily and my skin feels gross after about 4 hours.. I have normal skin and live in a non-humid climate but this just does not stay on!

As much as I loved it when I first tried it on, I don't think I'd be repurchasing..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2010 6:51:00 AM More reviews by yvonnelaizer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation looks great when first applied. My skin looks glowy and natural and the coverage is great. However, the foundation shifts throughout the day and comes off so easily. If I blow my nose, all the foundation comes off and I get a nasty looking tissue. I also noticed that my face was a lot oilier with the foundation on. Lastly, this is not a photo friendly foundation because it contains SPF 15. It makes my face look ghost-white in flash photography. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Mckenzieknowsmakeup

When I was getting my makeup done for free at MAC ($50 dollar purchase first) I told the girl what I wanted for foundation and a powder. I pointed to MAC studio sculpt because the cool tube like packaging caught my eye and I happened to see it in a video for peacelovepink on youtube. She then geared me toward the well know mineralize skinfinish naturals as the best setting powder for any foundation (what she said) but you have to remember as honest as they may be they are trying to sell a product and make a buck. She was completely correct,so lets get that out of the way! So far this product says to be medium to high coverage. It is,the reason I need foundation is I have alot of freckles and really red cheeks to some people they think red cheeks is great and you wouldn't need blush,well to me its just discoloration and an uneven skintone so I didn't want anything too heavy. I also have oily/combination skin so oily t-zone and sorta dry cheeks. This product DOES NOT cake and does not crease or anything. I did get kinda oily but I blame my skin and it was only in my nose. I apply it with the 191 foundation brush known for looking like a paint brush,and it works perfectly fine,for better blending and buffing use something more strong so you dont get the "paintlike application" and even with that brush I didn't get any streeks. Overall this product lasts all day and looks quite natural. Goes great with mineralize skinfish natural,so make sure you have your color. Yhis product is also a gel based foundation! So make sure you known the difference between a liquid,cream,powder,and a gel foundation before freaking out when you apply it to your face for the first time. Have fun :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by graznik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Provides medium coverage without looking heavy or like you're wearing too much make-up. It doesn't go on chalky or powdery at all for me, and I have dry skin.
Applied with MAC #187 it gives an airbrushed finish that evens out my skintone and lightly covers some spots and dark circles (although a concealer is definitly neccesary). I set it with powder and it lasts me all day, without fading or going oily.
This foundation doesn't really have a "wow factor", and that's why it only gets four lippies, but it's damn good and does it's job really well. It never dissapoints me, like loads of other foundations have done. I would definitly repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Tinka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There's something about sculpt that's not quite right.
I've been using the perfect matching NC20 for months now. It's odd that I didn't come to the conclusion that this foundation looks awful on me after only a few hours until recently. Considering I've been thinking I'd found my HG foundation!

It's common knowledge that you shouldn't even consider trying sculpt when you have a (somewhat) oily complexion. However, my skin is fairly normal, dry even. Only during my period my T-zone tends to get a little oily during the day.

Here's what: sculpt looks so amazingly good upon applying, it gives my skin a healthy glow, blends beautifully, the amount of a pie will get you pretty far and the coverage is great as well. So far, I am a big fan of a gelbased foundation like this one. Then, after only a few hours, things seem to go wrong. It starts looking chalky and powdery. Such a different structure from the smooth and dewy 'first look' of it. And although I do have a normal complexion - as I mentioned earlier - it creeps into my pores and the fine lines underneath my eyes. During the day it transforms into an oily yet powdery sheet on my skin.

Worse, I cannot touch my face without wiping sculpt off and having it clinch onto my fingers. Accidentally rubbing your nose? Uh uh, bad idea! Even without having my skin make contact with anything varying from clothes, fingers or hair this foundation starts to slither on my face.

UPDATE: Ditched this terrible foundation. Finally listened to people telling me it looked like a was wearing a mask. Why did I go through all the trouble in the first place? Because MAC is a popular brand? They may be on top of their game when it comes to eye shadows, their foundations are awful.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Chii21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was recommended this product by MAC and after a bit of research decided to give this foundation a go, the reviews were pretty good and I suppose I was hoping for a miracle foundation.
I have very dry skin and I find normal foundations just tend to look flaky and make my skin feel very tight, I was hoping MAC wouldn't be one of them.
Unfortunately, this gel based foundation didn't seem to sink into my skin very well and just made my face feel very dry, especially around my t-zone, it even enhanced dry parts on my face that I didn't know I had!
I wouldn't recommend this foundation to someone with very dry skin, I suggest sticking to a liquid foundation instead of going for a gel based one.