BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 6/2/2010 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product when I was in Sweden BUT as soon as I moved to Texas, it freaked out on me especially on my cheekbones. The first time I used it in Texas, it was fine but after a couple more times, I noticed I ended up with red rashes or blotches on my cheekbones right where the product was on.

Love it! It's wonderful. It's glittery, contours my face well, and even doesn't highlight my big pores. It's not dry, but not too oozey-creamy. Very nice. The price isn't dirt cheap, but it's not terrible, and the packaging isn't an eyesore. :)

on 5/24/2010 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you want that look you get at the end of the day when your face is oily on your cheekbones, then this is for you! Me, personally, I prefer the dewy, natural look, and this just does not work for that type of appeal. Maybe if you prefer a lot of glimmer, sheen, and don't already have a nice oil supply for that, this could world for you. But for me, never again, as I artificial beauty is a go, but not when you can tell it is artificial. Yuck.

on 5/18/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE the shimmer (but over the top shimmer) this gives the tops of my cheek bones! Def one of my favs from BeneFit! =)

on 5/17/2010 9:54:00 PM

I only have this because it came i the Legally Bronze kit. I don't care to ever highlight and if I did I would prefer a powder highlighter over this liquid highlighter. I works ok but I never use it. I would not waste your money on it, and it's totally overpriced.

on 5/17/2010 9:51:00 AM

Its ok,doesnt show up at all under my mac foundation which is dissapointing,wouldnt buy again at all.

on 5/14/2010 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This was my first bottle of shimmer highlighter back when the glowy ethereal look was new & popular. I shelled out $18 for this tiny little bottle at Sephora 10 yrs ago & (lol) never used it b/c I wanted to save up as much of it as I could. I probably still have the bottle somewhere ....time literally flies!

The cap has an attached brush applicator & the shimmer is a dense silvery pink which can be blended sheer or built up for intensity. Just a tiny dab blended on cheekbones & browbones gave a beautiful youthful fresh effect. Too bad I didn't use it more often.

I marked that I wouldn't repurchase it (& I never have, anyway) b/c these days there are millions of shimmer products available on the market in cream, gel, powder, stick, spray, & lotion form that cost loads less than this little item. But if there were no other shimmers out there rivaling this one, then of course I would plunk down another $18 for it & again save up as much of it as I possibly can to make it go the distance, haha.

I wouldn't recommend buying it b/c there are just so many other better deals out there, but one thing I can say about this bottle is that its small size is very convenient for travel. The glass is thick enough to withstand impact, & I would probably clean out the bottle when empty & reuse it for a cheaper shimmer or whatever.

To me, this will always be the original shimmer.

on 5/14/2010 10:41:00 AM

LORAC's Illuminance is so much better - it blends better and lasts all day. High Beam goes on sort of plastic-y - I'm not sure how else to explain it. Not worth the money.

on 5/13/2010 5:12:00 AM

I bought this off ebay for $16.50. I received it and used it and it sucks. The packaging is pretty cute, but it didn't give any type of glow or highlight. Waste of money to me.

on 5/10/2010 9:41:00 PM

This is one of my favorite highlighters, its a beautiful soft pinky color. I have medium skin with dark brown hair and brown eyes and I think this is a beautiful color on me. I also like the look of champagne highlighters but this is great for summer. Be careful not to put too much on or else you'll look like a shiny mess. I love the nail polish like bottle and applicator brush! I put three small dots on my cheek bones, rub in and I'm left with an awesome sheen, not glittery just radiant. The price is a little high, but overall its wonderful.

Video Reviews & Tutorials