BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 7/14/2010 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love this highlighter! I always get compliments on how my skin looks like it's glowing when I wear it!

The only issue I have is that if you don't close the lid SUPER tight then it tends to leak and it wastes the product.

Would definitely buy again - I use this every day!

on 7/12/2010 3:06:00 AM

I received a small sample size of this in a kit and I have to say I love it. It leave such a pretty highlight. I tend to like liquid highlighters for spring and summer and this is so gorgeous on. The color is a bit of a cool pink, so I would recommend this to those with a cool undertone to their skin. I am definitely buying a full size when the sample runs out :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE HIGH BEAM!!! My mom bought me a bottle of it waaaay back in middle school. It was one of the first cosmetic products I've ever owned. Well guess what..that bottle lasted me all through high school and into my freshman year of college before I ran out. You can use it anywhere. I use it as my highlight color under my brows. But when it's a special night I put some on my (practically non-existent) cheekbones and it looks amazing. The fact that it lasts so long is enough to justify spending around $30 for it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is the only liquid highlight that ive tried so im sure there are better out there, but i love high beam! Its a pink silvery sheen that makes my cheekbones look really high. It looks amazing in pictures also! You can mix it into your liquid foundation for a nice dewy look. Since my bottle of HB is running out, im using MAC Perfect Topping and its almost the same thing. I probably wouldnt buy this again since its kind of expensive (even though ive had my bottle for over 2 years, but im on a no buy) ♥ NW20/N5

on 7/4/2010 11:13:00 PM

This product definitely gives an ultra frosty sheen that highlights the cheekbone. It helps create the illusion that your face has more dimensionality. The color is subtle and natural. However, I do not recommend using this product during the day time as the sparkles become evident. Also, the consistency is smooth and creamy and dries quickly into the skin once applied. It is a beautiful highlighter.

on 7/4/2010 5:05:00 AM

This is a very recent purchase. I am very pleased with the highlighting effect on both my cheekbones and brow. Gives a luminous sheen which offsets my slight tan. Very pleased with this purchase.

on 7/1/2010 1:30:00 PM

So disappointed with this. I have wanted this color for a long time. It is a very light, milky pink with silvery shimmers in it. On my fair cool toned skin, it does not show up! I tried using it along eyes and brows, on top of cheekbones. All I got was a hint of pearlescent sheen. Lorac luminizer is so much better than this. I also use Mark Eyeshadow stick in shell which gives me the highlighting I want around eye/brow area. Benefit products are turning out to be prettily packaged products with little actual benefits ( and loads of paraben presevatives).

on 6/24/2010 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this highlighter. Only problem for me is that I have skin that gets oily throughout the day. When I use any kind of liquid make-ups such as liquid blush/highlighters etc. I feel like it is a watse because I have to go over my face with powder several times a day. Obviously after a while the highlighter gets covered up with powder and isnt as noticeable. So I like to stick with powder highlighters for this reason. But other than that this is good if you like to use liquids.

LOVE this so much! It really defines my cheekbones and makes them look higher. Its a silvery pinkish sheen! Its really easy to put too much of this on, but i just blend it out. Usually i use perfect topping over this also to 'set' it. I also use this as a brow hightlight sometimes. You can also mix this into your liquid foundation + body lotion. This is more dramatic than Moon Beam, so it really depends on your skintone + what you want. Its expensive, but ive had my bottle for almost 2 years. I would buy this again for sure

on 6/22/2010 11:01:00 AM

High Beam by Benifit is awesome!! It may be a bit much for day wear but It you are dress super cute and the rest of ur body has sme healthy shine its great!!
I took some new passport pics last month and High Beam made my pics look really great…it reflected the light perfectly .I apply by making V shape from my hairline just beyondthe corner of my eyes to upper cheeks and blend.teh result was a natural inner glow look(upper check highlight is more modern than a full apple blush ,I also apply my blush the same way).
Ensure that you use about 5 dots from the brush ,more than that may result in a "muddy" look if wearing powder. I would suggest using this with a creme foundation until u have gotten a knock at using it.
This definately gives my face a fresh look when I am I do my luminous,barely there makeup.
I took one lippy off bcus...the bottle doesnt close tightly when i try to tighten it "threads"(bf told me thats the term...it kinda goes back to being open)...smh..

Video Reviews & Tutorials