BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

Love it! It's wonderful. It's glittery, contours my face well, and even doesn't highlight my big pores. It's not dry, but not too oozey-creamy. Very nice. The price isn't dirt cheap, but it's not terrible, and the packaging isn't an eyesore. :)

on 5/24/2010 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you want that look you get at the end of the day when your face is oily on your cheekbones, then this is for you! Me, personally, I prefer the dewy, natural look, and this just does not work for that type of appeal. Maybe if you prefer a lot of glimmer, sheen, and don't already have a nice oil supply for that, this could world for you. But for me, never again, as I artificial beauty is a go, but not when you can tell it is artificial. Yuck.

on 5/18/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE the shimmer (but over the top shimmer) this gives the tops of my cheek bones! Def one of my favs from BeneFit! =)

on 5/17/2010 9:54:00 PM

I only have this because it came i the Legally Bronze kit. I don't care to ever highlight and if I did I would prefer a powder highlighter over this liquid highlighter. I works ok but I never use it. I would not waste your money on it, and it's totally overpriced.

on 5/17/2010 9:51:00 AM

Its ok,doesnt show up at all under my mac foundation which is dissapointing,wouldnt buy again at all.

on 5/14/2010 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This was my first bottle of shimmer highlighter back when the glowy ethereal look was new & popular. I shelled out $18 for this tiny little bottle at Sephora 10 yrs ago & (lol) never used it b/c I wanted to save up as much of it as I could. I probably still have the bottle somewhere ....time literally flies!

The cap has an attached brush applicator & the shimmer is a dense silvery pink which can be blended sheer or built up for intensity. Just a tiny dab blended on cheekbones & browbones gave a beautiful youthful fresh effect. Too bad I didn't use it more often.

I marked that I wouldn't repurchase it (& I never have, anyway) b/c these days there are millions of shimmer products available on the market in cream, gel, powder, stick, spray, & lotion form that cost loads less than this little item. But if there were no other shimmers out there rivaling this one, then of course I would plunk down another $18 for it & again save up as much of it as I possibly can to make it go the distance, haha.

I wouldn't recommend buying it b/c there are just so many other better deals out there, but one thing I can say about this bottle is that its small size is very convenient for travel. The glass is thick enough to withstand impact, & I would probably clean out the bottle when empty & reuse it for a cheaper shimmer or whatever.

To me, this will always be the original shimmer.

on 5/14/2010 10:41:00 AM

LORAC's Illuminance is so much better - it blends better and lasts all day. High Beam goes on sort of plastic-y - I'm not sure how else to explain it. Not worth the money.

on 5/13/2010 5:12:00 AM

I bought this off ebay for $16.50. I received it and used it and it sucks. The packaging is pretty cute, but it didn't give any type of glow or highlight. Waste of money to me.

on 5/10/2010 9:41:00 PM

This is one of my favorite highlighters, its a beautiful soft pinky color. I have medium skin with dark brown hair and brown eyes and I think this is a beautiful color on me. I also like the look of champagne highlighters but this is great for summer. Be careful not to put too much on or else you'll look like a shiny mess. I love the nail polish like bottle and applicator brush! I put three small dots on my cheek bones, rub in and I'm left with an awesome sheen, not glittery just radiant. The price is a little high, but overall its wonderful.

on 5/10/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this product ok, it does the job but I don't use it very often.

I wouldnt buy it again and I only got it as part of the legally bronze kit so it was cheap

I don't like to use it as much as a powder highlighter because it is less nice if you set with powder as I do.

I tried mixing it with foundation and you need a lot

also the packaging is such that you wont be able to get the last bit out, which sucks

its expensive and you can do better

Video Reviews & Tutorials