MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 5/15/2010 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Been using this Paint Pot everyday since I got it as a base, having oily skin in a very humid place makes me eyeshadow stay and stay... Love it!

on 5/11/2010 6:40:00 PM

I love this product, I use my shadow primer and then this over it and my shadow last all day and night, I never wear shadow with out this, and it matches my skin perfectly.

on 5/10/2010 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Always a great base on light complexions. Also gives my cream and powder eyeshadows staying powder.

on 5/8/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this paint pot as a base for eyeshadows...it helps even out the discoloration on my eyelids too...love this color!!

on 5/7/2010 1:51:00 PM

LOVE this product. It matches my skin tone perfectly and is great when using browns and neutrals. I was glad to finally find this after having such horrible luck with UDPP as a base. I also like that I can take it all the way up to eyebrows and that it can be worn without any make up if I want to hide the small veins in my eyelids.

on 5/6/2010 10:17:00 PM

I swear by this product! For a long time I used no base when I put on eyeshadow but once I discovered this I can't live without it! My eyeshadows last all day on top of this and it provides a nice matte look. It also blends nicely with other colors and paintpots on top of it.

I really wanted to like this product, because I loved the color on my eyelids and I know some people just wear Painterly without any eyeshadow. However, it just didn't work for me because it made my eyelids look super wrinkly and dry, as if there was a ton of product on it. This happened even when I tried using very little product and when I tried it over Urban Decay's Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It was as if the paint pot exaggerated every bad aspect of my eyelids. Sadly, I had to return it.

on 5/5/2010 3:37:00 PM

The other reviews for this seem pretty long so I'm going to try to keep mine short: I like this product. I don't love it because it doesn't work well as a base for my oily lids which is why I bought it, but it seems to work for people with dry or very dry lids. The color is very nice and good for fair skin, and MAC has other paint pots if you have darker skin. The packaging as always is nice, and the product itself is creamy and easy to apply. Fin.

on 5/4/2010 11:15:00 PM

I'm loving paint pots! They are amazing! I got Bare Study a while ago and it works great for me, but sometimes I want a more matte look and Bare Study has shimmer in it. Painterly works great for me. It matches my skin tone, covers up imperfections on my eyelinds, helps my eyeshadows last longer without creasing, and makes eyeshadow colors more vibrant. Will definltly keep repurchasing.

on 5/4/2010 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

AHH I cant believe I never bought this. I used it and it works AMAZING. I put a drugstore eyeshadow on and it looked like a dept store e.s Last night I washed my face and this didnt come off. After I washed 2 times. I had to take this off w a makeup remover which means the staying power is GREAT! I use a concealer brush for this. I dont put too much.