April 19, 2014 | 934 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by calikitten118

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

is two days of wearing this too early to review? i'm so excited but i know it might be early.... i got a sample of this at sephora this weekend. i've worn bare escentuals for almost two years and am almost out so i've been looking to try something new.... i've never been thrilled with it. i wore medium, which was too dark for me but the lighter colors were WAY too light, so i settled. it worked, decent coverage, but didn't last throughout the day even with my primer (monistat), so i've been wanting to try something. i've never worn liquid foundation before, but i thought it might be time, so i decided on MUFE since it gets such great reviews. based on the shade finder, i would wear #20 Ivory....so i came home with my sample, washed my face, moisturized as usual, and put this on (with my fingers, no brush or sponge) and was kind of weirded out because it's like someone took my skin and put it in a bottle... IT'S A PERFECT MATCH. i wanted to cry, it looked so good! it didn't cover up blemishes completely, but it toned them down enough and i didn't feel the need for concealer. best of all, it almost completely erased my DARK under eye circles! i've never seen my eyes look so bright without looking dry and icky! i did a second light layer where i wanted a bit more coverage (super easy to layer), and i was so happy with how i looked! i wore this all day, no primer, in pretty humid and hot weather (southern cali this weekend was gross) and it held up great! normal creasing around where my glasses sit, but i wouldn't expect anything less. i wore it today to work with a primer this time, and it's been PERFECT! i'm glowy on my cheeks where i want to be, and pretty matte on my forehead and nose, jsut a light dusting of powder after 7 hours of wear. best of all, there was almost no movement of the foundation around my glasses! i'm amazed! i think it makes my blush show up better on my skin that BE ever did also! i'm SO excited! so far no breakouts, i hope this isn't premature. but luckily i have a very generous sample to try for a week (probably two, you need so little at a time) so I'll have time to really make a decision before i buy. i'm SO excited though! it is expensive, but i know it'll last forever (the jar of BE lasted me a year and a half) so it's just initial sticker shock. might be HG material for me!

Edit 9/13/08- been two weeks, still thrilled! I tried MAC face and body just to compare, and this is a billion times better (go read my review for MAC). My sample is gonna be enough to put it on tomorrow morning, and then I'm off to buy a full size! to help with the packaging problem (big clumsy glass bottle) i bought a 3oz travel size plastic bottle from target with one of those lids you push one side down on and the other side comes up with a little hole---lol i have no idea what it's called, hopefully that makes sense. i put about a 3rd of the original bottle in there to help preserve the quality so i'm not opening and exposing the entire amount of foundation every day. i'll just have to remember to give the original glass bottle a good shake every few days so it doesn't separate permanently or anything! the plastic bottle works great and it'll travel much safer also!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by kmod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried several samples of this to get a color match and I couldn't. I am a MAC W20, which was discontinued a few years ago. I tried #2 and that was a bit too dark and not pink enough. I ordered #40 from Sephora and it's too dark so I ordered #38 and that's not right. I mixed them together and got perfection. It's hard to find a foundation that is pink enough when you are truly pink.

I love how this melts into my skin and the coverage is buildable. I don't mind the fragrance and I love how it feels when I brush it onto my skin. It lets skin look like skin only better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by panda__eyes

This is the best foundation I've used. I'm NC30 and I got this in #34 Honey Beige based on some other reviewers here. Unfortunately, #34 is NOT for neutral nor cool skin. It looks very tanned on my skin (noticeably different from my neck by 1-2 shades). I think this colour would be perfect for people with light-medium skin tones (more on the medium side) with olive undertones. But regardless of the colour, this is REALLY great. I just got it in the mail today and when I put it on... it just blended! As some people mentioned, it does dry very quickly so you need to spread VERY quickly but it's not the "oh if I don't spread quickly it'll streak". The end finish is very uniform no matter how much layering you do. For me, 2 layers already gives me full coverage and I have many freckles (that have seemed to bunch together), blemishes and acne on my forehead. This looks just like SKIN as many ppl pointed out. I also got the full coverage concealer in #6. Now this concealer is a PERFECT match for me and I feel that I only need this concealer to look great!

UPDATE September 7, 2008: I went to Sephora to get matched with the correct colour. Again, I'm NC30 (or at least that's what the MAC artist said though I feel she might be wrong now) and I wear IVORY#20 in MUFE face and body foundation and IVORY#6 full cover concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Brianne1114

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Skn Tone: Neutral/Cool, pale (NW20/N4 in MAC, Porcelin Ivory in LM, Light #1 in Maybelline Pure), purchased this product in Porcelin #2

Skin Type: Combination/oily, more oily in summer. Occasional dry spots on forehead and jaw.

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. Simple as that.
I had some reservations in purchasing it, but I am so glad that I did. It gives the perfect light/medium coverage I was looking for. The formula is a little strange - it's a liquid/gel, and when you pour it out (no pump on the bottle) it kind of plops out. I shake it really well, then pour a little on the back of my hand, and use my Sonia Kashuk "blue peep" (blending sponge) to apply. And it goes on flawlessly. What's so great about this product is that it's very buildable - I can apply a layer, let it dry for a minute or 2, and apply another layer in areas that need more coverage. There's a fragrance, but it fades upon application. I set this with either MUFE HD powder or NYC translucent powder. Staying power is great, it makes it through my workday with no problems. I had originally purchased this in hopes of using it for my wedding makeup, but I think I need a little more coverage for that day. It's great for everyday though. I bought this product in Porcelin #2, which is a great match for me. It seems a lot of NW20's are buying Ivory #20, but that was too yellow for me. The new shades (#36 and #38) were too pale. The shades are somewhat forgiving, due to the lighter coverage. Retail is $38 for about 1.75oz, which is pretty reasonable. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

EDIT: Shade #2 is a bit too dark for me, so back to the drawing board. Going to try #20 or #38 next.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by venusace138

I have a light olive skin tone, so that alone makes it hard for me to find good foundations. On top of that, combination skin! A hopeless nightmare. Or so I thought.

Enter Makeup Forever's face and body liquid foundation - a dream come true!!!! SUPER LIGHT formula yet gives great coverage, which you can 'build up' by applying extra layers.... WITHOUT looking cakey!

It's long wearing and shine resistant, but isn't drying.

Perfect product in deceptively simple packaging. A beauty revolution in a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by xGingyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best liquid foundation in my opinion and I've tried many of them. I love the consistency, though some people may find it to be too wet but I only have to let it sit for a minute and it'd dry up and gives my face a healthy glow. It's between light to medium coverage and no matter how many layers I put on it never look heavy nor accentuate dry spots and flaky skin. It's supposed to be waterproof so I don't have to worry about it melting off in a hot summer day. All I need is MAC blot for touch up throughout the day to control the oiliness on my T-zone. Another good thing about this foundation is that it doesn't oxidize on the skin like many liquid foundation tend to do - the color stays fresh on my face. It's oily-free but comes right off with my regular face cleanser so it's good for my combination/sensitive skin. I've been using it for over two weeks now and it doesn't cause any breakout. For reference, I'm NW10 in MAC and I bought this in #38, it's the lightest neutral shade they have. I also tried #20 though it has the yellow undertone that I need but it's tad bit too dark for me. I have to admit that this foundation is quite expensive, but for $38 I can honestly say that it would last a long time considering that I only need a tiny bit (about a dime size) for my whole face. The only things I don't like about this foundation is the glass bottle and the fragrance. It can be messy to pour out the right amount of product so I have to do it very carefully. The scent, I can understand that some people may not like it but I'm glad it fades away within a minute unlike Dior Forever - another liquid foundation that I loved but allergic to the strong fragrance in it. Overall, one of my favorite foundations and I highly recommend it to everyone - maybe not too great if you have super oily skin but it's still worth a try. I would repurchase if I ever run out, but who knows how long that's going to take. :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

I used to really adore this product, but I don't wear it anymore because my skin has cleared up and I don't need to wear a liquid foundation. (Yay!) It is a very, very nice liquid foundation though, and for $38 it darn well better be! ;-) It is light to the touch, looks dewy when applied with a brush (highly recommend the MAC 182) and never slid off my normal skin, even with a sunscreen-laden moisturizer underneath. This product has an old ladyish rose scent, so caveat emptor! Color matching is fantastic, if you've had trouble getting an exact match, try this! The glass bottle packaging is not so great though...those with tiled floors should be careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by rexopolis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff is *amazing* i have freckles, which i don't like to really cover, because i look weird and ghostly. i just use the tiniest amount of the 20 shade, and sort of dot it in my t zone with a foundation brush. at sephora, they recommended using a sponge, but i find that the brush gives me a better application. anyhow, i spread it out with the brush, and wait for it to dry for a minute. this is give it a quick buffing with a kabuki brush, and it is FLAWLESS. i mean, i look juts like me, but with no pores, no lines, perfect porcelain skin. i really like the texture, and i can see some people don't but it's cool and refreshing, not cloggy feeling. i think it is a foundation that you have to use a very light hand with. it builds pretty well, and lasts all day for me. i set it with the mufe HD powder, which i absolutely love.
my only complaint is that yes, it smells like old lady (the smell does fade), and i'd like more hygienic packaging. but seeing as you have to give it a good shake before using it, maybe that makes a pump container unrealistic, because the product already in the pump mechanism wouldn't get properly mixed. the price is more than i'd like to pay, but you do get a lot of product for what you pay. i think it would last a year, easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by xyan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased #18 which is perfect for my summer skin tone. This leaves a nice glow on my skin, which I finish with a light brushing of my MAC Studiofix.
I find that the best form of application for this is a foundation brush. A sponge soaks up too much of the make up, and it's too runny for fingers. Overall I love this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by sadiewoo

I just had to try this after reading the great reviews and ordered #32 Alabaster Beige from hsn.com (they only offer 4 colors) because they have a great return policy. I loved the foundation because it gives sheer coverage but it looks great all day and gives my skin a nice glow/not shine. The color was a little light for me so I gave this to my daughter because it matched her perfectly. I made a special trip to the Northpark Sephora in Dallas and was able to find a better color..#2 Porcelain and it is darker and has more pink, but it matched my NC25 skin-I would have never tried it because of the name(porcelain sounds so pale). I am very happy with this foundation and I think this bottle should last me over a year-it's huge. The fragrance is a little strong but it does not bother me at all.P.S I did get a sample of #20 Ivory and it is a beautiful neutral color but it made me look very sallow.I think I could also wear #1 Soft Beige because it looked like a close match for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No