December 19, 2014 | 837 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

WOW! this is an amazing foundation, the best i've tried so far. It's brought my search for my HG foundation to a screeching halt for the moment. The first MUFE foundation I tried was HD, and I ended up swapping it for this because on my oily skin HD just wouldn't hold up. The application was also tricky, it applied so dry and streaky even on well moisturized skin.

COLOR: I'm using #20 in this and it's an amazing match. I'm around a NC25 right now. I had been using 117 in HD but it was a tad too light for me. 118 would have been a better match.

TEXTURE: The texture is super weird, it looks like a thick gel but is in fact quite thin and watery, which makes it amazing to apply. Don't freak out if yours is lumpy, even with a lot of shaking it will still be a big blob. You do have to shake very well before use. It smooths on to the skin so nicely and never accentuates any dry spots or imperfections. It literally looks like i'm erasing pores with my sponge instead of putting on makeup. I like to apply it with a sponge dampened lightly with MAC Charged Waters, but it also works super well with the mac 187. It applies rather sheerly, but is buildable. I tend to need only one layer to conceal pores and minor redness. I haven't needed to use under eye concealer with this, but my circles are very faint. if you have even mild dark circles you will probably still need to use a concealer for under-eyes.

PACKAGING: This comes in an oddly shaped chunky bottle with a screw top. no pump which kind of makes sense, because it needs to be shaken so well every time. It is really difficult to get out just the right amount until you get some practice with it. I can't imagine a better way to package this though, so I didn't dock many point for that.

WEAR: This wears so incredibly well on my oily skin. I set with MAC Blot powder and the finish is just gorgeous. It doesn't suppress oil or anything but no foundation/primer/powder has ever really helped with that much. The finish and application are what make this HG for me, the long wear is just icing.

PRICE: at $38USD, it's not astronomically over-priced but it's not drugstore cheap either. it's also not drugstore quality. I think the price is rather reasonable for how it performs for me. plus I use very little each time. I poured out too much the first couple times till i got used to it, but now the usage is minimal.

OVERALL: This is an amazing foundation and I will buy more when I need it. I am super happy with this item, it was one of the best swap items i've gotten in a long time, it's HG!

UPDATE 2-12-09: i went through an entire bottle and ordered another. i STILL love this foundation. I'm really interested in also trying out the new MAC Studio Sculpt, but mostly from curiosity, i can't imagine i'll like much of anything better than this. I am still applying it the same way, with a lightly damp sponge, though on days where i need more coverage i dot some on with a foundation brush and blend on troublesome spots with my fingers, it's always flawless. I've realized it doesn't set well with MAC Loose Blot, but it's good with pressed. The BEST setting powder is PURE silica powder ( i use Pure Luxe brand but MUFE has their own only much more $$$ ) with MUFE F&B and pure silica powder i look literally airbrushed, straight out of a magazine and i never thought that could happen. BUY THIS FOUNDATION!

continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

this has quickly become my HG foundation... the coverage is great, it fills out my large pores nicely, and feels like i have absolutely nothing on, as opposed to other liquid foundations ive tried that feel like a a thick film on your face... even mineral makeup doesnt feel as light and airy on my face..

it has somewhat of a flowery scent that dissipates shortly after initial application (those of you familiar with guerlain highlighters/bronzers wont be phased by the scent at all)..

the color is very true to what you see in the bottle... when i was looking over the testers, the first color i picked out (no. 34) turned out to be the perfect one for me.. so far *knock on wood* i havent had any adverse reactions to it (ie: acne, drying, peeling, etc)... will update if i do run into any skin issues, but so far i am absolutely loving this foundation..

the only thing i would change about it would be the packaging... make the opening of the bottle a little smaller to make application with your fingers easier.. other than that it gets my seal of approval... im so pleased with it that i will definitely be checking out other MUFE face products

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by tinylemming

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my HG. I have combo skin w/ very oily t-zone. I use shade #20. This gives a dewy look, and this m/u stays put throughout the day. Does not settle into creases. Sometimes I make my own tinted moisturizer by mixing some of this w/MAC's Strobe cream. Bought it @ Sephora for $38-40 (forgot how much exactly).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by aleksis210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product because of all the reviews saying it's like a 'gel' and I love sheer light-weight products that are water-based, but when I found out it was WATER RESISTANT TOO!?!? I immediately got a sample to try.
APPLICATION:**I used a buffer/kabuki brush and this works amazingly well.(I love how the brush soaked up ZERO product). It is rather sheer, but I really don't have too much to hide, also it can be very easily layered!
FINISH:This is one of the most 'skin' like foundations(I feel weird calling this a foundation!)I've tried, I love the way it looks like I'm 'glowing' w/out being greasy...by the end of the day though it was pretty shiny, so the next time I set it with the HD powder and that did the trick!
OVERALL: This "foundation" gives my skin an amazing glow,Photographs BEAUTIFULLY,Doesn't clog my pores/aggravate acne,looks like skin,doesn't cake,it's water resistant, it's just all around perfection. My def. HG thank MUFE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

This foundation is amazing! I got a sample of it in Shade 20, about a week ago. I've been using it everyday and two days ago I went ahead and bought the bottle.
The shade matches my skin perfectly. When I applied it, I knew it would dry fast from the reviews so I only put a little on my cheek and blended with my fingers..I couldn't figure out where the makeup had gone! This makeup really looks like skin. It doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation when I wear this-it just looks like I have really fantastic skin(:
It feels very light and the texture is...weird. After reading the reviews, I was expeecting a consistency of hair gel, but it was liquidy and kind of...gross.
My skin is mostly clear, and I didn't see any new blemishes since using this-my skin is actually looking better!
The packaging sucks majorly. To get around all the contamination, I poured a small amount of it into the sample jar I got from Sephora, and sealed the rest off and put it in a dark place. This way, I don't have to worry about a lot of it spilling out and stuff...I totally recommend this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin story: I'm very pale (lighter than the scale in most lines), very sensitive, and very picky :) My skin is dry on the cheeks and slight oily on my nose. My chin and my forehead are pretty normal!

This is the best foundation in my line-up right now. I'm too pale for foundations in most lines, but 38 matches me perfectly. The coverage is fair/medium when applied with a MAC 187 brush. My skin tone is evened, but I do need a little concealer on my undereyes. The foundation wears well...only fades after about 10-12 hours. I will continue to purchase...at least until I find something perfect :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by shadowless_girl

I really liked the coverage and how closely it matched my skin tone.. but after switching to a different brand (a bit lighter in texture but same good coverage) and coming back to this foundation, I felt like I had a ton of make up caked on my face and the fragance was just too overwhelming to the point I couldn't wait to remove the foundation. In terms of long lasting, I have oily skin and really, everything just melts off at the end of the day for me anyway, so I didn't really see any significant difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Abbieness

I love this foundation. I am 35 yo with combination skin and slight acne scarring on chin area. I use a retinol and sometimes have a bit of flakiness, but am oily in T-zone. I have reddness around nose, and medium dark circles.
I have tried many foundations, from drugstore to department store, from tinted moisturizers to illuminating to heavy coverage. This is by far the best I've tried.
Luckily MUFE sent me samples of different colors so I could try them out. When I'm tan I use the 30 and when pale 20. A skunk brush is a must althought the bottle design is not very conducive to this.
I find the coverage to be an excellent balance that is natural looking yet covers what I want it to cover. I stopped using concealer because this gives me what I need. It doesn't accentuate flakies, and it is not super oily either. And no acne breakouts!
Have repurchased already. Waited to give feedback until had used a good long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by KatDan

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I trust MUA reviews more than anything and I was really exciting to try this product however it did not work for me although it definitely works for the majority which is why I gave it a 3..I didn't want to bring the rating down :)

Good news:
I have combo skin that is acne-prone and flake-prone. I have a lighter complexion with yellow undertones and used the shade 32 Alabaster Beige which was a perfect match.

This foundation has the most unique texture I have ever felt. It does come out like a gel cream but spreads very nicely. It dries somewhat quickly. It has decent staying powder; i didn't notice one way or the other.

The packaging is not good: a screw top glass bottle which makes it difficult to control how much product you get out. But as previous reviewers have mentioned maybe this is because a pump would allow foundation to seperate inside it.

Bad News:
I had high expectations after reading almost all the reviews on this products; I expected flawless skin however this foundation didn't deliver. Part of it was the coverage was too sheer.

Light at the end of Tunnel: I still want to try MUFE foundation so I tried the HD (shade 118 and 120 matches albaster 32) but the staying power wasn't outstanding. Now I am trying the Mat Velvet in shade 30.

ENDPOINT: I would recommend trying this foundation and other MUFE's next time you are at Sephora instead of ordering blindly. This foundation has an excellent color range and is perfect for light coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am brand new to Make Up Forever, just recently tried some of their products. Iíve been looking for a good foundation (again) and so far, I really love the Make Up Forever foundations. I have tried both Face and Body, and also the HD Invisible Foundation. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!
Here is my take on this product:

Consistency: The consistency of the Face & Body is weird. Gel-like and jiggly, part liquid, part blob. LOL. The foundation texture is liquidy with gelled coagulated globs in the bottle. Yes, itís odd. You have to shake it really well to mix it all together, and it still will be lumpy. Donít let that scare you. It goes on sort of smooth and lumpy at the same time (hard to describe it), but blends so smoothly into the skin, itís as though Iím not wearing anything, but the flaws are covered up. Dries pretty quickly, so work fast. I blend it in with my fingers. Works very well for me this way.

Coverage: Buildable, smooth and flawless. Dries kind of matte but does not feel drying. I use my fingers, it works just fine that way. Looks like a second skin. FYI- I do always wear a primer (Cargo Blu-Ray HD Mattifier) - not sure if this makes any difference in the application process or staying power, but thatís just my routine.

Colors: Many shades to choose from. But they have a weird color numbering system which seems to make no sense to anyone but them! Also, in the store, I noticed that the bottles do not list the shade name (which would be nice to know). Some bottles had a sticker at the bottom with a shade #, while other bottles had a sticker with just a product #, no shade number. Very confusing. The testers were all out of order in the display, it was hard for even the Sephora SA to figure out which tester bottle matched up to which box due to the lack of shade name or number. But this is a minor annoyance.
Colors look darker than they go on. I am NC or NW 20 / 25 (winter / summer) and the colors I was matched to are: Alabaster Beige #32 and Honey Beige #34. Most women can probably find more than 1 shade as a match since these really blend in and melt right into the skin. I thought the #34 Honey Beige looked way too dark, but when it blended in, it was as perfect.
(I do prefer to go a shade darker in the summer & fall until my tan fades, then in the winter I go back to my ghost-like color) #32 will be my winter shade.

Staying Power: Excellent. Very water resistant. Maybe waterproof, I havenít tried. But on a hot humid day (the middle of summer in NJ), this stuff did not budge. Not a bit. Foundation looked the same (freshly applied) at the end of the day as the moment I put it on in the morning. WOW. I have never been able to say that before! You do not have to use powder to set, I did not, but my skin is combination in T-zone, dry everywhere else. Itís probably not necessary unless you are extremely oily.

Price- Yes, it is a bit high, but Iíve used other high end foundations like DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Foundation, which cost just about the same, but you get less in the bottle: $42 for 1 oz versus the MUF Face & Body at $38 for 1.69 oz So this makes the MUF cost appx 22.50 per oz. which is almost half the price of the Dior (and many other high end foundations!), and youíre getting a vastly superior productÖ Though I liked the Dior, I could still feel it on my face, and it never held up this well! Makes this an excellent value!

Packaging- this is the one annoying thing I do not love about this foundation. I wish they would change the bottle on this. Itís heavy and made of glass. I am clumsy. (Can you say KLUTZ?) Not a good combination! If I drop it on the tile floor and it breaks, I will cry. If I drop this on my foot, and it breaks my toes, I will cry too! But I can live with it, I will improvise if I have to!
But I digress, back to the bottle. The mouth of the bottle is quite large (probably to accommodate the chunks). Itís hard to get the right amount on my finger. I may just pour some of this stuff out into a wide mouth plastic jar, although I really wish it came in a pump. Though, it probably wouldnít work with a pump mechanism as the gelled bits would probably gum up the works.

Scent: It does have a bit of a weird smell to it. I can't describe it, but it dissipates quickly. I do not smell it after I put it on. Those with very sensitive noses may want to try a sample first.

Summary:
This is an excellent foundation. It did not break me out, but I am not usually prone to that. My skin is normally on the drier side, but this does not emphasize any flakey bits on me. Hopefully, it will be just as good in the dead of winter when my skin turns into petrified flaky mess... LOL. For those with very sensitive skin, you may want to try a sample first. Very happy with this foundation!
Definite re-purchase for me. HG status along with the MUF HD foundation (see my review on that one, too)

***************EDIT************************ok, this is really cool - I emptied out the remains of my old MAC Satinfinish foundation into a different bottle, washed out the MAC bottle and pump, and filled it with the MUFE Face & Body. AWESOME! I no longer have to worry about spillage! The pump seems to work just fine, I just make sure to shake well first! If you have an old pump from a different foundation, recycle it!
***************EDIT # 2************************
Still LOVE it. I've been wearing this for a little over 2 months and I REALLY LOVE IT. Looks so natural and never cakey.

BEST. FOUNDATION. EVER