January 28, 2015 | 1955 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! Ok let me wipe my tears, i finally have found my HG foundation after all this time. I had used it before but thought it made me to shiny in the t-zone area which i hate, so i quickly returned it to sephora w/o any hesitation. I got tired of using mac studio fix b/c it just gave me a very flat, dull yet matte appearance so that's probably why i have been using it so long but then my friend suggested i try liquid and that's where mufe f & b came in. So after i decided it made me too shiny i jumped to clinique's superfit foundation which claimed to have properties in it that whisk away oil and it did for a couple of weeks and then all of a sudden the color started looking to orange on me and it was very heavy compared to f & b and i do not by any means like the feel of heavy foundation, so back to sephora i went. So i repurchased the f & b and decided to give it one more go. I got # 18, perfect color match for me and wore it again the next day with my mac blot pressed powder. When i tell you how beautiful my skinned looked and how i didn't get shiny after a couple of hours, i knew something had to be up. Little did i know i got the f & b w/o the mineral oil ingredient in it, the last one i had contained mineral oil and that's exactly why i was looking like a grease monkey. Thank you mufe for taking out that one ingredient and now you have a customer for life, wipes tears and guess what i can cry b/c this foundation is water resistant! Loves it! I highly recommend it, No ashiness, just beautiful, healthy looking skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by pupiq

This is superior to all other foundation i ever tried! Definately, the best i have used.
Usually, i was quite happy with drugstore foundations, probably because my skin doesn't look extremely bad, and i the foundation wasnt the most important makeup item for me. However, one day, i looked in photos, and decided that i need better/more expensive foundation,because Ithought that I have only one skin, so it deserves the best treatment i can provide. If you must to choose, then choose more expensive foundation than, for example, mascara (and I just love mascara, but that's another story)
This foundation, compared to all others, is really superb.
It has light, but fabulous coverage, gives skin healthy,silky appearance and sheen. It doesn't feel on the skin (which is really important to me), doesn't look too obvious! In addition, it stays put all day, however gets shiny on my oily skin.
I really hate the package and smell, still it's minor disadvantantages.
Doesn't transfer.
Looks just wonderful in photos, not obvious but flawless ( and i don't use concealer at all) ! Yay, now i like my photos :D
Definately will buy again and i'm looking forward to purchase anothe MUFE items.
EDIT: It broke me out on chin and jaw :( so i purchased another mufe foundation, which is even better than this and doesn't break me at all, HD foundation.
F and B is a really good foundation and u might like it, but you should test it out before purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by aznreyna03

Used it and liked it. Switched to BE and came back to this. Now that I compared it to something else I love it. I will continue to buy until I have an itch to try another. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

WOW! this is an amazing foundation, the best i've tried so far. It's brought my search for my HG foundation to a screeching halt for the moment. The first MUFE foundation I tried was HD, and I ended up swapping it for this because on my oily skin HD just wouldn't hold up. The application was also tricky, it applied so dry and streaky even on well moisturized skin.

COLOR: I'm using #20 in this and it's an amazing match. I'm around a NC25 right now. I had been using 117 in HD but it was a tad too light for me. 118 would have been a better match.

TEXTURE: The texture is super weird, it looks like a thick gel but is in fact quite thin and watery, which makes it amazing to apply. Don't freak out if yours is lumpy, even with a lot of shaking it will still be a big blob. You do have to shake very well before use. It smooths on to the skin so nicely and never accentuates any dry spots or imperfections. It literally looks like i'm erasing pores with my sponge instead of putting on makeup. I like to apply it with a sponge dampened lightly with MAC Charged Waters, but it also works super well with the mac 187. It applies rather sheerly, but is buildable. I tend to need only one layer to conceal pores and minor redness. I haven't needed to use under eye concealer with this, but my circles are very faint. if you have even mild dark circles you will probably still need to use a concealer for under-eyes.

PACKAGING: This comes in an oddly shaped chunky bottle with a screw top. no pump which kind of makes sense, because it needs to be shaken so well every time. It is really difficult to get out just the right amount until you get some practice with it. I can't imagine a better way to package this though, so I didn't dock many point for that.

WEAR: This wears so incredibly well on my oily skin. I set with MAC Blot powder and the finish is just gorgeous. It doesn't suppress oil or anything but no foundation/primer/powder has ever really helped with that much. The finish and application are what make this HG for me, the long wear is just icing.

PRICE: at $38USD, it's not astronomically over-priced but it's not drugstore cheap either. it's also not drugstore quality. I think the price is rather reasonable for how it performs for me. plus I use very little each time. I poured out too much the first couple times till i got used to it, but now the usage is minimal.

OVERALL: This is an amazing foundation and I will buy more when I need it. I am super happy with this item, it was one of the best swap items i've gotten in a long time, it's HG!

UPDATE 2-12-09: i went through an entire bottle and ordered another. i STILL love this foundation. I'm really interested in also trying out the new MAC Studio Sculpt, but mostly from curiosity, i can't imagine i'll like much of anything better than this. I am still applying it the same way, with a lightly damp sponge, though on days where i need more coverage i dot some on with a foundation brush and blend on troublesome spots with my fingers, it's always flawless. I've realized it doesn't set well with MAC Loose Blot, but it's good with pressed. The BEST setting powder is PURE silica powder ( i use Pure Luxe brand but MUFE has their own only much more $$$ ) with MUFE F&B and pure silica powder i look literally airbrushed, straight out of a magazine and i never thought that could happen. BUY THIS FOUNDATION!

continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

this has quickly become my HG foundation... the coverage is great, it fills out my large pores nicely, and feels like i have absolutely nothing on, as opposed to other liquid foundations ive tried that feel like a a thick film on your face... even mineral makeup doesnt feel as light and airy on my face..

it has somewhat of a flowery scent that dissipates shortly after initial application (those of you familiar with guerlain highlighters/bronzers wont be phased by the scent at all)..

the color is very true to what you see in the bottle... when i was looking over the testers, the first color i picked out (no. 34) turned out to be the perfect one for me.. so far *knock on wood* i havent had any adverse reactions to it (ie: acne, drying, peeling, etc)... will update if i do run into any skin issues, but so far i am absolutely loving this foundation..

the only thing i would change about it would be the packaging... make the opening of the bottle a little smaller to make application with your fingers easier.. other than that it gets my seal of approval... im so pleased with it that i will definitely be checking out other MUFE face products

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by tinylemming

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my HG. I have combo skin w/ very oily t-zone. I use shade #20. This gives a dewy look, and this m/u stays put throughout the day. Does not settle into creases. Sometimes I make my own tinted moisturizer by mixing some of this w/MAC's Strobe cream. Bought it @ Sephora for $38-40 (forgot how much exactly).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by aleksis210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product because of all the reviews saying it's like a 'gel' and I love sheer light-weight products that are water-based, but when I found out it was WATER RESISTANT TOO!?!? I immediately got a sample to try.
APPLICATION:**I used a buffer/kabuki brush and this works amazingly well.(I love how the brush soaked up ZERO product). It is rather sheer, but I really don't have too much to hide, also it can be very easily layered!
FINISH:This is one of the most 'skin' like foundations(I feel weird calling this a foundation!)I've tried, I love the way it looks like I'm 'glowing' w/out being greasy...by the end of the day though it was pretty shiny, so the next time I set it with the HD powder and that did the trick!
OVERALL: This "foundation" gives my skin an amazing glow,Photographs BEAUTIFULLY,Doesn't clog my pores/aggravate acne,looks like skin,doesn't cake,it's water resistant, it's just all around perfection. My def. HG thank MUFE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

This foundation is amazing! I got a sample of it in Shade 20, about a week ago. I've been using it everyday and two days ago I went ahead and bought the bottle.
The shade matches my skin perfectly. When I applied it, I knew it would dry fast from the reviews so I only put a little on my cheek and blended with my fingers..I couldn't figure out where the makeup had gone! This makeup really looks like skin. It doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation when I wear this-it just looks like I have really fantastic skin(:
It feels very light and the texture is...weird. After reading the reviews, I was expeecting a consistency of hair gel, but it was liquidy and kind of...gross.
My skin is mostly clear, and I didn't see any new blemishes since using this-my skin is actually looking better!
The packaging sucks majorly. To get around all the contamination, I poured a small amount of it into the sample jar I got from Sephora, and sealed the rest off and put it in a dark place. This way, I don't have to worry about a lot of it spilling out and stuff...I totally recommend this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin story: I'm very pale (lighter than the scale in most lines), very sensitive, and very picky :) My skin is dry on the cheeks and slight oily on my nose. My chin and my forehead are pretty normal!

This is the best foundation in my line-up right now. I'm too pale for foundations in most lines, but 38 matches me perfectly. The coverage is fair/medium when applied with a MAC 187 brush. My skin tone is evened, but I do need a little concealer on my undereyes. The foundation wears well...only fades after about 10-12 hours. I will continue to purchase...at least until I find something perfect :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by shadowless_girl

I really liked the coverage and how closely it matched my skin tone.. but after switching to a different brand (a bit lighter in texture but same good coverage) and coming back to this foundation, I felt like I had a ton of make up caked on my face and the fragance was just too overwhelming to the point I couldn't wait to remove the foundation. In terms of long lasting, I have oily skin and really, everything just melts off at the end of the day for me anyway, so I didn't really see any significant difference.