December 21, 2014 | 1775 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love most of BB's products but this one just doesn't do it for me. It is a dark red color - which sheerly shows up on my lips (don't quite like it with my skin tone). Also it has a sweet fruity scent with underlying medicinal (not menthol) notes that I also so not care for. It does moisturize very well and it keeps my lips smooth, I just cannot tolerate the taste and color of it. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by ArmyBrat

***This is actually a rating of 2.5 lippies***
I seen this lip balm in the store, and read that it contained the pomegranate oil and it being made by Burt's Bees, I thought it would be a wonderful lip treatment.
I took the cap off and the first thing I noticed was the scent...it is NOT your typical lip balm scent. It's a fruity scent mixed with a medicinal scent, which is NOT a good combination at all.
The balm felt really good when I applied it to my lips. It did not feel waxy or sticky, and it really quenched my dry lips in a nice way.
Sorry to say, the staying power of this gloss is not at all a long time, so i found myself having the same dry lips in no time after i applied it.
I really expected more from a BB product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Love how this has "natural" ingredients and that it's a reddish color, but smells horrible!!! Also not very moisturizing. I love Chapstick Naturals.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by AgentChic

Talk about having to reply every other minute...sheesh.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by sephora0205

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like the pomegranate oil one because of its fruity scent and the light sheen and tint it gives. this lip balm is long lasting without feeling waxy like the others. the price is on the higher side ($4.99) in canada but got it on sale for $3.50. bought both this one and the honey lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This has a sweet, fruity taste and smell. It moisturizes my lips, but probably not as well as Chapstick. I'm trying to eliminate petrolatum products from my skin, so I'll probably stay with it rather than going back to Chapstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is one of the better lip balms out there. It moisturizes well in a non-waxy, slick way, has a subtle fruity smell that is nonoffensive, and a bright berry tint that becomes a sheer light pink on the lips. Great when your lips are chapped and your lipstick has worn off! One of my favorite lip balms, and I have a lot. I like the red cap, too--makes it easy to find.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by eden822

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

yuck. this lip balm smells like oregano. it isn't even very moisturizing and it provides no pigment or color (i thought it might because the product itself is quite dark in hue but the color doesn't transfer to my lips) i definitely wouldn't repurchase, there are other- better products out there that are less expensive and do the same if not more

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is way better than the Original and Honey versions that it's not even funny. Hydrating, smooth, great smelling, and it even gives lips some sheer color and shine, almost MLBB and totally natural. And no annoying tingling sensation either. Like all Burt's Bees lip balms though, it can be waxy (self-explanitory: beesWAX), so I leave it in my pocket to warm it up, it goes on smoother then.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is much better and goes on smoother than the original honey lip balm, which I can't stand. It goes on easily and adds just hint of shine and natural looking pink color. However, it does smell very strong as others have noted and does not offer spf protection. I paid $5.49 plus tax for a two pack of these at Target. I might buy again.