July 31, 2014 | 1459 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is much better and goes on smoother than the original honey lip balm, which I can't stand. It goes on easily and adds just hint of shine and natural looking pink color. However, it does smell very strong as others have noted and does not offer spf protection. I paid $5.49 plus tax for a two pack of these at Target. I might buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by wieniawski

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite lip balm ever, love the sweet scent, hint of color and smooth application, I am on my 2nd tube and got my friends hooked as well! Burt's

Bee rocks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great stuff. It's nice to have a non-minty version of the lip balm for when i want a different flavour. This version is slightly less waxy than the original version, but still has a nice staying power and isn't too shiny (not that i would mind that). The scent reminds me of fruit snacks but it's subtle. There is maybe a hint of colour, but it isn't really visible (i wish there was slightly more tint). This is wayyyyyyyy better than the honey version, which i didn't like at all. It's definitely a good addition to the burt's bees family.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by no1knows

I have perpetually chapped lips--not so bad you'd automatically notice, but bad enough that I'm on a mission to find the best lip balm. This has beat all the other drugstore options I've tried, by far. The smell and taste are not offensive. I actually like the smell, and it is really better that I don't have something tasty on my lips or I'd lick it off. Great ingredients, excepting maybe the lanolin. Occasionally it slightly tingles, but my lips are sensitive. I really like the fairly light application, but it means applying often. You'll probably want mulitple tubes to put everywhere. I'm still on a mission, but this'll do in the meantime.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Mlssstaun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this lip balm but I don't love it. It gives your lips a subtle tint and shine, it's not too waxy and there's no irritating minty tingle - but its moisturizing qualities seem to wear off relatively quickly. I have to keep reapplying this. I said I would repurchase but only in a pinch - when it can't get my #1, Dr. Hauschka, or my #2, Weleda.
EDIT: No, I will not repurchase. There are so many other lip balms - why sturggle with one that doesn't really do the job?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by d3ndroid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a sucker for anything pomegranate. That said...

This balm is oiler / less waxy than the regular peppermint Burt's Bees and the Honey version too. These balms are moisturising (and my lips are super dry) but don't coat your lips thickly like petrolatum-based balms do. I like a heavy feel personally so YMMV. The balm is tinted the colour of the cap and the finish is a soft sheen.

When I put this on my lips feel a little 'stung' -- I think it's the lanolin or any of the many oils present in the ingredients... In all, good but not super special. I prefer it to Chapstick/Blistex etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not bad, but not for me. It is more moisturizing, less waxy, than the regular Burt's Bees Peppermint lip balm. The scent is subtle and I don't find that it tastes like anything (which is nice). However, it is still a bit waxy AND---it broke out the area around my lips, big time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Miss_January

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unlike most of the reviewers, i rather like the smell. It doesn't stink or anything - smells a bit like tea tree almost. I have an OCD with lip balms. My lips haven't been chapped since I was a little kid, but I feel that I'm going to die without something on my lips, even though they're already soft (because I use so much every day).

br>
Anyway, this stuff keeps my lips soft for hours, and I can wear it under lip gloss without a line of nasty gunk accumulating toward the inside of my mouth. It's waxy in the fact that it doesn't glide super easily, but none of it comes off the stick itself. As always, the packaging is cute with the little bumblebees. Will repurchase.

EDIT: This is the WORST lip balm.. EVER. After using it for about 5 days, my lips got chapped for the first time in years! It's not cold outside people. I'm drinking water o.O I returned it and bought a Vitamin E lip balm from the Body Shop to repair my lips. Will NEVER repurchase. Geez, I already hated the Beeswax lip balm... Even cherry ChapStick does a better job than this POS

EDIT, AGAIN: I found out that this lip balm wasn't chapping my lips. I had tried on the Buxom Lips lip plumper from Bare Escentuals and it chapped my lips horribly. I only found this out recently because I tried it on again after I ceased to use the Burt's Bee's and my lips are, again, chapped. I'm changing back to four lippies and I will repurchase because it wasn't bad when I was using it. I did feel the need to reapply m ore than usual, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. Just... meh. Thought I'd try it, since the original BB peppermint flavor was too waxy and drying for me (probably b/c of the peppermint oil). This one has kind of a cool tart-pomegranate scent that I personally enjoy, and the bright carmine-tinted balm leaves a hint of natural-looking blush on the lips. But the texture is still so #%^! waxy; I just don't know what Burt is thinking with that candle-like texture. It is possible to produce a tube balm that's still soft and emollient-- I own several. I really think BB is getting too big for its corporate britches and not paying attention to product quality instead of the "we're so natural" hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by thebeautyadvisor

I love this product. It glides on nicely and isn't nasty like most lip balms are. The smell isn't particularly my favorite but I can deal, and it doesn't stay around for long. It's a bit expensive for just a tube, $3.00 at Target. And I love how natural everything is. Very pure. I will repurchase while I expriement with other balms Burts Bee's has to offer.