April 21, 2014 | 1214 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by nordhimmel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I rarely spend over $25 on any makeup or skincare items, as I just flat out cannot afford all the luxury brands that the ladies here often rave about (Chanel, no, Guerlain, one purchase, La Mer, on my salary, oh hell no! etc. etc.), so spending nearly $200 on a device seems quite out of character for me. However, along with my MAC 187 brush, this is one of those crucial beauty 'investments' that has withstood the test of time and for which I am so grateful. I bought this product when it first came out, as I had suffered from acne since my teenage years and couldn't take it anymore. I do not own a Clarisonic toothbrush, so I was not familiar with the brand, and was pretty skeptical. Over two years later, my Clarisonic has not broken down, is still easy to clean, and cleans my skin incredibly well. I can't say enough good things about it. It literally is a savior for my skin. I still break out during that time of the month, but for the rest of the month, my skin is perfect and glowing. Unless you have very, very oil skin with cystic acne, there is probably no way that this product can't improve your skin. If you are strapped for cash (and who isn't these days), try saving up for it or asking for it as a gift. Once you try it, you will never be able to imagine life before the Clarisonic.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

I LOVE the Clarisonic! I first got this brush about two years ago and then when the pink one came out, got that one too. I use it almost daily. It is incredible at cleansing the skin. I never get bored of using this. My pores stay small and my skin is really clean. I use it for the full two minutes, which makes all the difference. I also make sure to always get my neck, which needs as much care as the face.
I would always repurchase, for as long as they make them.

I will say one thing, this is not that good at deep exfoliation. It exfoliates a little, but not as well as a really good scrub.

Dermanew is better at exfoliating.

A lot of specialists say that a cleanser doesn't need to have great ingredients since it only stays on the skin for a few seconds, but since using the clarisonic for two minutes each evening, I switched to a good cleanser. I especially like using glycolic cleansers with this brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by fatcupoftea

I can't really complain about the price because I got it for $60 because my sister's work place had just started selling the Clarisonic brush and Clarisonic offered a $60 price tag to encourage all the employees to try it out.
I don't have a problem with acne, but I do get oily in my tzone area and I have large pores around my nose. I've definately seen a huge improvement in pore size after using the Clarisonic for about three months. I don't think this product is s necessity and if I had to buy it at full price I probably wouldn't (especially because the brush head needs to be replace and it's a bit pricey). I still haven't found the perfect cleanser to use the brush with.

**I stopped using the Clarisonic recently and maybe it's because I wasn't using a good cleanser.changed my skincare routine a bit, but my skin is better then when I was using the Clarisonic. So basically...I'll probably use this brush to exfoliate my face once a month/week. The brush is definately NOT necessary, but I guess it helps a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by amnichols2

My experience has been a lot like that of the poster before me: I've only had the Clarisonic for a few days, but already it's made a difference in my skin. I use it for 2 minutes at night with the sensitive brush head, and my skin has been more even-toned and smooth since the morning after my first use. Just a couple of minutes ago, I was able to easily and painlessly extract a blackhead on my upper lipline that has been annoying me for MONTHS. Nothing I've done has budged this thing, and now it's gone!!!
AND I got the unit with the sensitive brushhead, 3 trial-size cleansers, and registration card for another free brushhead for only $120! I bought $200 worth of Skincarerx.com gift certificates when they were 40% off, and then used them to buy the Clarisonic. That meant that I couldn't use ebates, but I think it was a good enough deal that it was worth it!
I am pretty much broke right now, but I would still repurchase this in a heartbeat. I'm excited to see how my skin looks after a couple of weeks of use!
EDITED: I just want to add that I am still loving this, and an unexpected benefit is that my skin also seems to have better color! I am insanely pale; I don't wear MAC, so I'm not sure what number I am, but my foundation is Bobbi Brown in the Porcelain shade, if that gives any indication. Anyway, after about a month of use, my circulation seems to have improved, giving my cheeks a gentle rosy glow even when I'm totally makeup free. This thing not only cleans, it keeps me from looking like the Corpse Bride when I'm not wearing blush!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I loved this skincare brush. For the first month my skin improved. My skin wasn't as oily as it usually is, got rid of blackheads, and just made everything smooth. Then after a month, things just plateaued and I didn't have the same effect as the beginning. Weird because I thought that only happens to topical products, not a skincare tool. For such an expensive skincare tool, especially when you put into consideration the replacement brushheads which sell for $25 each, it's just not worth the money. I regret falling for the hype (as usual!) and paying so much money for a ridiculous gadget. Honestly, I think I could've had the same results with a manual skincare brush. I am going to try selling it on ebay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Where has this been all my life??

I have acne prone skin that really gives me grief in the winter time. I get dry and oily at the same time. This ends up in red dry blotchy icky patches that drive me insane till Spring rolls around. I had a patch on my eye lid (near my brow)for the past year that had cleared up somewhat with eye creams but with winter approaching, was getting worse again. I use the brush lightly over the spot and along with my cream has cleared up completely.

I bought this during the Sephora F&F sale and got it at a discount. I use it twice daily and am addicted to it. I am amazed at how much dirt and make up shows up on the brush even after I washed my face (before I use the brush). The brush does everything that it claims.

Yeah, it's pricey but it's oh so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sandfa5

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Clairsonic brush. After months of hinting and going into Sephora and hugging the box my boyfriend finally got the hint and got me one for Christmas and it has not disappointed. My face feels so much smoother, my pores a lot smaller and it really controls my oiliness as well. Do I necessarily think it's worth the money? I was willing to pay the $200 price tag and still would be...I just wish I had've gotten it with the Kinerase serum but they won't ship it to Canada...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by debbieaikens

I greatly enjoy this little device. I get little pimples on my forehead, under my eyes (teeny tiny ones), and in the chin area. I have very sensitive skin so I use this once day. I clean my makeup off with PUR Minerals Mineral Melt, then I put a gentle cleanser on the sensitive brush (usually either NIA 24 or Skinceuticals gentle cleanser), then follow the beeps. I don't have to scrub, just guide it on my face, and I have noticed a difference. I generally have a good complexion, so I did not expect "dramatic" results, but my face has not been feeling "rough" or "ruddy" since using this, nice and soft which I love.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by JCS772

Overall, I'm still on the fence about this gizmo. Like others here, I also bought it from Sephora when it was packaged with the Kinerase C6 treatment. I have sensitive, adult acne-prone skin (I'm 37), especially around the chin but am dry in areas away from the T-zone. I think the cost is exorbitant for what this has offered me. I take good care of my skin, spending money on professional microderms and peels. It was, in fact, my dermatologist/aesthetician who suggested I buy this.

If I use it more than once every couple of days, my skin feels raw and looks chapped. When I do use it, I use it on the low setting and skim over my face, ignoring the beeps that are supposed to tell me to move to the next section. It seems like a lot of hype for something you can get with conscientious cleansing and a quality AHA scrub every few days. If it were half the price, I'd add a lippie, but as it is, it's too expensive to justify the lackluster results.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by AliceInAwesomeLand

Wonderful! Like many people, I have to use the sensitive brush heads...but this is a wonderful product!
My skin is more glowy, less redness, no more patchy skin...I can go out w/out wearing foundation now! I've never had a problem w/ acne so I can't comment on whether it works for that..but for combo skin that has lost its "luster"...this is a great find! Well worth the money, I promise.