Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

4.3

bliss beauty trio

on 2/5/2009 10:46:00 PM

I bought this product hoping that it would clear up my face for good. I have a little less than moderate acne and am very acne prone with combo skin and I do get blackheads on my nose and chin. I started out using this twice a day and have been doing that since i got it. I did not get the results I was expecting at all (comepletely clear skin); however, I no longer have any blackheads at all and my pores have definitely shrunk. I still have acne and scars but I do believe that it is slowly, but surely starting to go away. In places where my skin is clear (My forehead, nose, parts of my cheeks, and chin) I notice a definite glow and my skin just looks flawless in some areas. I do believe that it is worth the money and I am hoping that if I continue using this (I use it with Erno Laszlo's sea mud soap) than my skin will clear up. I will try to update again and tell you guys what shape I am in, in a couple of months! I would recommend this product though!

on 2/1/2009 2:41:00 AM

Awesome! My acne prone skin is clearer and my pores are smaller! Just what I wanted.. I use Neutrogena Grapefruit cleanser with it..

on 1/29/2009 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'd hoped for HG-ness from Clarisonic, but that hasn't happened. It's okay -- but not worth the price, IMO.

I've had it for about three months now. I got it from haircuttersstore.com for $160 (thanks, MUA reviewers who posted that tip!) plus free shipping. The lowdown on my skin: combo, blemish- and acne-scar-prone, with oily T-zone and occasional small dry patches from the benzyl peroxide I use at night. I've gotten it very much under control in the last few years thanks to Paula Begoun's products, but it's still a struggle, esp. to achieve the smooth post-facial good-in-any-light look I'm always craving.

I used the Clarisonic every day at first -- at night with my Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser and in the AM with Cetaphil. I was impressed initially at how it smoothed out my skin and in particular how it cleared up the "congestion" at the corners of my nose, dry patches on my chin, etc. However -- I noticed that my face oiled up more than usual, and as a result I had some breakouts. Minor, but breakouts nonetheless. I cut down my use quite a bit and it's now maybe a couple times a week. It has been so dry this winter in NYC that I may step up the frequency; we'll see.

I simply don't think the results are worth the price. I'm debating whether to get a replacement head or not. Maybe if I can find a good deal.

For me, what works much better is the MD Skincare Alpha/Beta Peel followed by Paula's Choice 1% Beta Hydroxy Lotion. It gives a post-facial glow and incredibly smooth surface -- my makeup glides on and my skin looks great even in bright daylight, which used to be something of a problem! The Alpha/Beta peels are pricey, definitely, but IMO the results are much better and more worth it.

Hope this helps!

on 1/24/2009 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I bought this around Xmas because of all of the great reviews. I use this with the olivella soap (great reviews for the soap) My face is sensitive so I do get break outs and dry patches during the winter. After using this no dry patches and no breakouts. I'm very happy with it. I was using it in the evening and morning. I just cut down and I'm only using it in the evening. I think its over kill if you use it again in the morning. My dermotologist was against using in the morning. Who needs to scrub their face that much? I can't see it getting dirty from the pillow. Too much of anything is no good. Your skin is sensitive overall.

on 1/23/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this brush for a little over a week and so far I am loving it. It makes my skin soft and smooth. I also think it is helping to unclog some of my stubborn pores, which is amazing to me. It has not caused increased breakouts for me and I think it exfoliates very well. It is pricey, but worth it IMO. I use this with the delicate brush head and have gotten better results than with using the sensitive brush head.

Update: This stopped doing anything for my skin.

on 1/23/2009 2:21:00 PM

I have had this product for one week now and it has been a godsend. The past two years, I have had an eternal battle with my skin. It looked dull and gross and my pores were eternally clogged and congested with occasional breakouts. Acne products were too harsh, scrubs irritated my skin and caused more breakouts. Glycolic acids, retinol and other exfoliants didn't do anything. I went to a dermatologist and her recommendations didn't do anything. I had spent hundreds of dollars on products that didn't work, so I figured I might as well give this a shot.

On my chin, I had these gross pores that almost looked needle-like clogs and nothing I tried previously would get rid of it. After my first try with this brush, they were gone. I cannot believe how clear my skin has gotten in one week and I can't wait to see more improvements as I keep using it. My acne scars are diminished and my skin tone is evening out I am actually feeling confident going out without makeup. I use it morning and evening with the sensitive brush. I put a little hydrogen peroxide or alcohol on it after I use it to keep germs away. I was wary about the purchase, but this has been the best thing I have found in years. I will definitely buy again.

on 1/20/2009 6:24:00 PM

I followed the sales pitch and bought one. All it did was vibrate my skin. For 200.00 dollars. There are many cleansers that take all your make up off. I think what works with some people is that it vibrates your skin and activates it. Kind of like drinking coffee in the morning. I returned it and treated myself to two hundred dollars worth of all kinds of goodies at the beauty store.I should have known. If you think about it logically it's a waste of money although I was so excited to try it.

I am on the fence about the Clarisonic, and because I can't justify spending $150+ on a product that's only so-so (not including replacement heads), I'm returning mine.

I can't see anyone liking this thing too much unless they are new to good/proper exfoliation. I think a lot of people who claim this thing has transformed their skin were prob. not exfoliating before buying this product. I never really felt it did anything that I could achieve from a fine powder facial scrub like Bindi facial cleanser.

Just an FYI, much like a toothbrush, it would be unhealthy to leave your Clarisonic wet after use (meaning, you need to dry it off after you use it, otherwise bacteria will flourish). I decided to clean mine (and dry it) after each use, which was too much work just to exfoliate my face, IMHO.

Food for thought: I hope the manufacturer conducted histologic experiments to see if these sound waves penetrate the skin, otherwise we do not know if there are any potential negative long-term side effects to using this device.

on 1/19/2009 5:14:00 AM

my skin has never looked better or felt cleaner... just looking at pictures from the weekend and it's actually perfect! No acne, blackheads, blemishes, etc. I use it with Cetaphil and just threw out all my other cleansers. Follow with toner, proactiv repairing treatment, & proactiv moisturizer. My skin looks like porcelain. I've had it since Xmas, so not even 1 month and the difference is significant and so unexpected! I usually break out about a week before my period and I was bracing for it this month... but it never happened. Yessssss

on 1/18/2009 1:02:00 AM

At first, i was a bit skeptical about buying this product. But one day, I finally caved in and bought a clarisonic at my local sephora. II am so glad that I did!! I love this thing. It is so ingenious. Let me begin telling you about my skin: its is so unperfect. I have super dry skin that is prone to flaking and eczema. I am also very acne-prone and have some visible pores around my nose and chin area. Since I have very difficult skin, i tend to wear full coverage makeup. I use liquid foundation, concealer, and powder, so at the end of the day I really have to clean my skin. I think that traditional methods of cleaning were not effective on my skin. Since i have dry skin, i also have alot of dead skin cells pilling on top on my skin. Even if i washed my face 3 times, i would still have left over makeup. I dreaded having to wash my skin at night since it was such a hassle.
But now with my clarisonic, it is so much easier!!! I use it with the sensitive head on low speed for 2 mins. I have used it only for less that 2 weeks, and i already see a dramatic difference. My skin is less red, i have less blackheads, less visible pores, and less acne. I still get acne, but not as bad. Although i did notice that when i started to use it, i got some tiny whiteheads, but it got much better after about the first week. And another thing, my acne scars seem to be fading slowly. I hate my acne scars since they make it look like i have acne all over my face even if i dont have any at the moment. I hope the clarisonic can help fade them significantly. I will update.

EDiT: I dont use this that often anymore. It is a great product but I think it was too harsh for daily use. I only use this about once a week now.

Top Rated Misc Beauty Tools