February 27, 2015 | 1784 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by blondiegoodlooks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am on the fence about the Clarisonic, and because I can't justify spending $150+ on a product that's only so-so (not including replacement heads), I'm returning mine.

I can't see anyone liking this thing too much unless they are new to good/proper exfoliation. I think a lot of people who claim this thing has transformed their skin were prob. not exfoliating before buying this product. I never really felt it did anything that I could achieve from a fine powder facial scrub like Bindi facial cleanser.

Just an FYI, much like a toothbrush, it would be unhealthy to leave your Clarisonic wet after use (meaning, you need to dry it off after you use it, otherwise bacteria will flourish). I decided to clean mine (and dry it) after each use, which was too much work just to exfoliate my face, IMHO.

Food for thought: I hope the manufacturer conducted histologic experiments to see if these sound waves penetrate the skin, otherwise we do not know if there are any potential negative long-term side effects to using this device.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Valdery16

my skin has never looked better or felt cleaner... just looking at pictures from the weekend and it's actually perfect! No acne, blackheads, blemishes, etc. I use it with Cetaphil and just threw out all my other cleansers. Follow with toner, proactiv repairing treatment, & proactiv moisturizer. My skin looks like porcelain. I've had it since Xmas, so not even 1 month and the difference is significant and so unexpected! I usually break out about a week before my period and I was bracing for it this month... but it never happened. Yessssss

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by xomiyuxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

At first, i was a bit skeptical about buying this product. But one day, I finally caved in and bought a clarisonic at my local sephora. II am so glad that I did!! I love this thing. It is so ingenious. Let me begin telling you about my skin: its is so unperfect. I have super dry skin that is prone to flaking and eczema. I am also very acne-prone and have some visible pores around my nose and chin area. Since I have very difficult skin, i tend to wear full coverage makeup. I use liquid foundation, concealer, and powder, so at the end of the day I really have to clean my skin. I think that traditional methods of cleaning were not effective on my skin. Since i have dry skin, i also have alot of dead skin cells pilling on top on my skin. Even if i washed my face 3 times, i would still have left over makeup. I dreaded having to wash my skin at night since it was such a hassle.
But now with my clarisonic, it is so much easier!!! I use it with the sensitive head on low speed for 2 mins. I have used it only for less that 2 weeks, and i already see a dramatic difference. My skin is less red, i have less blackheads, less visible pores, and less acne. I still get acne, but not as bad. Although i did notice that when i started to use it, i got some tiny whiteheads, but it got much better after about the first week. And another thing, my acne scars seem to be fading slowly. I hate my acne scars since they make it look like i have acne all over my face even if i dont have any at the moment. I hope the clarisonic can help fade them significantly. I will update.

EDiT: I dont use this that often anymore. It is a great product but I think it was too harsh for daily use. I only use this about once a week now.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I own the Clarisonic Pro w/4 speeds (or Plus as its called two). I absolutely love this product. I do own other microdermabasion brushes, but this one is probably the best of them all. As, this one allows for me to get

Sonic microdermabrasion along with getting regular glycolic peels has totally transformed both my skin and pores. I have greater clarity, increased smoothness, and my skin overall looks more balanced in tone, texture, and moisture levels today than I have seen in years.

I know that it is expensive, but it is a wise investment to make. As, it will give you the type of clarity, smoothness, oil balancing, exfoliation, and pore refinement that is normally relative to young children's skin. The product is easy to use, can be used twice a day (I mainly use it once a day though), brush heads aren't particularly hard to get off and they can be easily cleaned as well. It beeps to let you know to move on to a different area for cleansing and exfoliating, and it has a universal charger (so its good to go for travel outside of the U.S.). B

By using the Clarisonic regularly on my face it has allowed for my face to gain renewed vitality to it, that I thought that I had lost. I love this product and I am so glad that I decided to invest in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by jlclerf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After using this for a little over a month and a half, I've decided that it was time to face the facts and admit that the Clarisonic isn't for me. I do like the idea of it, and I have to say that my skin felt smoother when I used it. However, my skin looked the same and at times even looked worse.

My skin is pretty normal - a bit on the dry side, not a lot of blemishes, some large pores and oiliness in the T zone, and the occasional hormonal or product-related break out. The Clarisonic didn't do a thing for my pores, didn't give my skin that "glow" everyone is raving about, and never did anything positive for my occasional break outs. I had a great deal of difficulty using this on my nose due to the shape and size of the brush (it's especially impossible to reach the corners of my nose), but found it easy to maneuver along the other parts of my face. My husband tried it as well, and we thought his skin looked about the same as it did before (though a bit worse with regard to break outs).

I tried to blame my skin care regimen, my lack of coordination, and my finicky skin, but in the end I had to admit that I spent almost $200 for a skin care gadget that didn't work. Prior to using the Clarisonic, I had used the dreaded St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub for my exfoliator, and I was so happy to stop using it after reading about how bad it was for my skin. Now I'm back to using it, and I have to say my skin looks better than when I was using the Clarisonic. I can't say that I'm worse off for trying the Clarisonic (and that's only because I was able to swap it away), but the lack of results really doomed this product, for me anyway. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by fashionlover7

I wanted to wait until I had used the brush for a few weeks before I left a review. I got the brush about 3 weeks ago. They have really great service. I paid for 2 day delivery and there was a storm in the area where the brushes are shipped from so they upgraded my shipping to 1 day for no additional charge. Now on to the review.....My skin is gorgeous!! I just started really seeing results this week. My skin is very clear, my pores are smaller and my face just has an overall glow. I still use the same face care regimen I did before the brush, but I use the brush at night for 2 minutes. I started out using it in the morning and the night but my face seemed over stimulated it didnt know whether to wanted to be dry or oily so I cut back. I still get pimples some time but they go away a lot faster then before. If you can save the money or catch clarisonic when they will split the payments into 4 .....you should buy it...you wont regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by nordhimmel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I rarely spend over $25 on any makeup or skincare items, as I just flat out cannot afford all the luxury brands that the ladies here often rave about (Chanel, no, Guerlain, one purchase, La Mer, on my salary, oh hell no! etc. etc.), so spending nearly $200 on a device seems quite out of character for me. However, along with my MAC 187 brush, this is one of those crucial beauty 'investments' that has withstood the test of time and for which I am so grateful. I bought this product when it first came out, as I had suffered from acne since my teenage years and couldn't take it anymore. I do not own a Clarisonic toothbrush, so I was not familiar with the brand, and was pretty skeptical. Over two years later, my Clarisonic has not broken down, is still easy to clean, and cleans my skin incredibly well. I can't say enough good things about it. It literally is a savior for my skin. I still break out during that time of the month, but for the rest of the month, my skin is perfect and glowing. Unless you have very, very oil skin with cystic acne, there is probably no way that this product can't improve your skin. If you are strapped for cash (and who isn't these days), try saving up for it or asking for it as a gift. Once you try it, you will never be able to imagine life before the Clarisonic.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

I LOVE the Clarisonic! I first got this brush about two years ago and then when the pink one came out, got that one too. I use it almost daily. It is incredible at cleansing the skin. I never get bored of using this. My pores stay small and my skin is really clean. I use it for the full two minutes, which makes all the difference. I also make sure to always get my neck, which needs as much care as the face.
I would always repurchase, for as long as they make them.

I will say one thing, this is not that good at deep exfoliation. It exfoliates a little, but not as well as a really good scrub.

Dermanew is better at exfoliating.

A lot of specialists say that a cleanser doesn't need to have great ingredients since it only stays on the skin for a few seconds, but since using the clarisonic for two minutes each evening, I switched to a good cleanser. I especially like using glycolic cleansers with this brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by fatcupoftea

I can't really complain about the price because I got it for $60 because my sister's work place had just started selling the Clarisonic brush and Clarisonic offered a $60 price tag to encourage all the employees to try it out.
I don't have a problem with acne, but I do get oily in my tzone area and I have large pores around my nose. I've definately seen a huge improvement in pore size after using the Clarisonic for about three months. I don't think this product is s necessity and if I had to buy it at full price I probably wouldn't (especially because the brush head needs to be replace and it's a bit pricey). I still haven't found the perfect cleanser to use the brush with.

**I stopped using the Clarisonic recently and maybe it's because I wasn't using a good cleanser.changed my skincare routine a bit, but my skin is better then when I was using the Clarisonic. So basically...I'll probably use this brush to exfoliate my face once a month/week. The brush is definately NOT necessary, but I guess it helps a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by amnichols2

My experience has been a lot like that of the poster before me: I've only had the Clarisonic for a few days, but already it's made a difference in my skin. I use it for 2 minutes at night with the sensitive brush head, and my skin has been more even-toned and smooth since the morning after my first use. Just a couple of minutes ago, I was able to easily and painlessly extract a blackhead on my upper lipline that has been annoying me for MONTHS. Nothing I've done has budged this thing, and now it's gone!!!
AND I got the unit with the sensitive brushhead, 3 trial-size cleansers, and registration card for another free brushhead for only $120! I bought $200 worth of Skincarerx.com gift certificates when they were 40% off, and then used them to buy the Clarisonic. That meant that I couldn't use ebates, but I think it was a good enough deal that it was worth it!
I am pretty much broke right now, but I would still repurchase this in a heartbeat. I'm excited to see how my skin looks after a couple of weeks of use!
EDITED: I just want to add that I am still loving this, and an unexpected benefit is that my skin also seems to have better color! I am insanely pale; I don't wear MAC, so I'm not sure what number I am, but my foundation is Bobbi Brown in the Porcelain shade, if that gives any indication. Anyway, after about a month of use, my circulation seems to have improved, giving my cheeks a gentle rosy glow even when I'm totally makeup free. This thing not only cleans, it keeps me from looking like the Corpse Bride when I'm not wearing blush!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No