MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 10/13/2005 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love love love this e/s! I'm a huge fan of the Veluxe Pearl texture & All that Glitters is no exception. Goes on silky smooth and over MAC Paints as a base - lasts all day long. I also love that it comes in pan form - I hate depotting LE e/s.

On me (NC40) - it's a golden champagne color that is the perfect neutral. It has a nice sheen to it, but isn't too frosty (still wearable to the office). So far, I've paired it with Twinks, Mulch and Bronze and have not been disappointed. I look forward to trying it with my other MAC favs - Nocturnelle & Antiqued - just to name a few.

Will definitely purchase again!

on 10/13/2005 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Don't let the name fool you..though it has some hints of gold,it's not what you may expect..I found it to be a true Champagne shade..a nice mix of gold,beige and alittle peach.Great for highlighting or a wash..The color is subtle but still enhances my green eyes.Another VP keeper

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

All That Glitters is a Veluxe Pearl eye shadow from Idol Eyes collection. The texture is awesome, it's so soft, almost creamy. It's a warm golden light brown. It's like a warm Twillery. (Twillery was a LE shade in Inventive Eyes quad) That's the only warm brown shade I can wear, everything else turn orange on me! (Woodwinked and Elite were too orangey...)

on 10/9/2005 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I absolutely adore All That Glitters! The texture (Veluxe Pearl) is divine, and applies like silk with tons of pigmentation (I've had hit or miss luck with many of MAC's e/s in the past). The color is the most gorgeous neutral, a warm-toned golden champagne with a hint of peach in it, and imparts a smooth metallic finish. Sure, I have other neutrals that are similar in color, but they don't have the texture that this one has, which makes it a definite winner in my book. If ever I was to finish an e/s EVER, I'd bet it would be this one, and yes, I'd repurchase ;-).

on 10/9/2005 2:51:00 PM

I normally don't think neutrals are one of MAC's strengths, but this one worked well for me. Definitely agree with the reviewer who mentioned this is what Bagatelle should have been. All That Glitters is not gold (sorry, I had to) it's a browned down gold, similar to Shimmersand shadestick. Looks great paired with any deeper brown shades, and will work well as highlight with warm colors. ATG and Tempting are my new favorite combo.

on 10/8/2005 10:28:00 PM

OMG! I am in love with this color. I can easily see my hitting pan on this one.
For me, this is the perfect base to sweep onto the entire lid before "doing" my eyes. Gorgeous!

on 10/7/2005 6:04:00 PM

Not a unique color, but VERY pretty nonetheless and it's a VP!

on 10/6/2005 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is part of the new Idol Eyes collection released the end of September 2005. This new line of 12 additional Veluxe pearl shadows are permanent and therefore available in pro pans or standard flip top pot. I love it when I can neatly arrange my shadows in palettes. The veluxe pearls are very shimmery, nicely pigmented, very smooth top quality shadows. Go on like a dream. I find the color easy to build and they arent chalky. I thought this color was pretty but I havent been able to stop wearing it since I got it. I love it! All that Glitters is a shimmery beige with golden undertones. Love this on the inner lid to open up the eyes and as a highlighter. Looks great with my NC30 light olive complexion. Retails for $10 for the pro pan. I really like this shade but cant say the color is super unique, but the texture is wonderful. You may have similiar existing shades but I love this new formula so I recommend it. This is also very similiar to Bagatelle. The only difference i can see is that Bagatelle may have a tad more gold in it but its barely noticeable. Almost identical.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

All That Glitters...where have you been all my life. The perfect shadow for a wash, to pair with browns, and just about anything else. If you have blue eyes, go out and buy this. I predict that this eyeshadow is going to be an HG for many people.

on 10/4/2005 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I almost passed on buying this e/s. I swatched it on my hands at 2 MAC counters and thought "what a boring neutral" but for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about it. So I went back and bought it and I'm so happy that I did. At first glance it looks like another beige-y gold e/s but this one has a peachy tone to it. It is so pretty. It pairs well with just about any e/s..I've used it with Falling Star, Zonk Bleu, Stars N Rockets, Parfait Amour, Sable, Mulch, etc, etc and it makes a great wash color. I love it! I'm happy that this is permanent because I'm sure I'll be buying it again especially since I've been using it with a lot of looks.

Top Rated MAC Products