January 31, 2015 | 2022 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2005 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

This is part of the new Idol Eyes collection released the end of September 2005. This new line of 12 additional Veluxe pearl shadows are permanent and therefore available in pro pans or standard flip top pot. I love it when I can neatly arrange my shadows in palettes. The veluxe pearls are very shimmery, nicely pigmented, very smooth top quality shadows. Go on like a dream. I find the color easy to build and they arent chalky. I thought this color was pretty but I havent been able to stop wearing it since I got it. I love it! All that Glitters is a shimmery beige with golden undertones. Love this on the inner lid to open up the eyes and as a highlighter. Looks great with my NC30 light olive complexion. Retails for $10 for the pro pan. I really like this shade but cant say the color is super unique, but the texture is wonderful. You may have similiar existing shades but I love this new formula so I recommend it. This is also very similiar to Bagatelle. The only difference i can see is that Bagatelle may have a tad more gold in it but its barely noticeable. Almost identical.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by liquidhonesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All That Glitters...where have you been all my life. The perfect shadow for a wash, to pair with browns, and just about anything else. If you have blue eyes, go out and buy this. I predict that this eyeshadow is going to be an HG for many people.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2005 4:16:00 PM More reviews by caramelhunie

I almost passed on buying this e/s. I swatched it on my hands at 2 MAC counters and thought "what a boring neutral" but for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about it. So I went back and bought it and I'm so happy that I did. At first glance it looks like another beige-y gold e/s but this one has a peachy tone to it. It is so pretty. It pairs well with just about any e/s..I've used it with Falling Star, Zonk Bleu, Stars N Rockets, Parfait Amour, Sable, Mulch, etc, etc and it makes a great wash color. I love it! I'm happy that this is permanent because I'm sure I'll be buying it again especially since I've been using it with a lot of looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by princessami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All That Glitters is a beautiful, shimmery medium gold. It is definitely a warm shade and really brings out my blue/green eyes. As with all VP's, it applies beautifully and is buttery soft without being powdery. Gorgeous with Green pigment in the crease/outer V, Mylar to highlight and Shade to line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2005 12:37:00 PM More reviews by absolut_blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a hard time pulling off warmer shades but somehow, this works. I was afraid it was too similar to Naked Lunch but when they're swatched side by side, All That Glitters is darker and more bronzey-gold than Naked Lunch. They actually look very different on. I'm a blonde PPP and this makes a great lid shade for me with a bit of Mulch in the crease. I haven't tried it with many other colours yet but I think it would probably work with Haux and maybe even something like Trax, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2005 10:39:00 AM More reviews by lorraineedayz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG, All That Glitters is the shadow I've been searching for and finally found. This is what Bagatelle (LE) should have been....soft, creamy beige/gold/slight peach and undeniably beautiful. It's the perfect neutral to dress up or down any eye look. It's similar to UD Blunt but more creamy gold in hue. And since it is permanant I will definately buy this shadow again. ;)

I purchase this shadow in pro pan for for $10 USD, which I think is rather high now that I have ventured into other shadows (Cargo and Stila) that offer more shadow and a bigger pan for a couple of dollars more but overall I didn't subtract anything from the rating because of this. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 8:12:00 AM More reviews by joheinous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the new Veluxe Pearls from the Idol Eyes collection. I went to the counter just to take a peak, since this isn't LE, I didn't feel any rush to buy. But, one I saw this and Falling Star, I had to have them then and there. All That Glitters is a really pretty peachy/beige shade that is a little lighter and tanner but very close to the LE Say Yeah veluxe pearl (Mac describes the color as warm orange/beige with gold reflective particles). In comparing colors, it's similar to Gleam and Honesty. It's a perfect lid shade for me and goes very nicely with Falling Star in the crease. Falling Star falls into the Mythology color family. So, you can see that this is a lovely combination for me. I'm neutral/FFF/Blue (teal) eyes/light brown/highlighted hair.