September 30, 2014 | 1904 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok so I have the Mexican version but it still works well for me.
I live in New Mexico (aka the desert) and as a result, my skin is really dry (to the point where I get rashes from my skin being too dry). I bought this because a huge tub was only like $5 and I'm glad I did. It's super thick and a little hard to rub in but I put it on all over my body before bed so it doesn't matter. When I wake up my skin is soft and not flaky. I wouldn't put this on my face though... too thick. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by lovenoemie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG hand cream. I wash my hands about a dozen times a day and this is the only thing that keeps my hands and cuticles moisturized throughout the day. I usually buy this in the convenient little .99 cent tins sold at my local Rite Aid and keep one in my purse, my desk, my car, and next to my bed and vanity. This seems a little too greasy to use on the body and especially the face (unless you have super dry and flaking skin) and my skin is super oily so I haven't used it for that, but as a hand cream this stuff is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by michaelaLUVpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I looveee the packaging, it's so cute and dandy. It fits perfectly in my school bag/ or purse. I apply it to my face when it feels gross or dry. My mom uses it too, and she has very very verryy sensitive skin. It's good for all skin types! I love the smell too, mmm so clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Jenblossom32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I applied a professional strength salisylic acid to my face and neck as a simple peel. It is 20% salisylic and helps with acne, scarring, anti aging, collagen building.. It really DEEP cleans the pores. After rinsing with water, my face burned, very much like like a sunburn feels. It hurt! I raced to find something to relieve my angry, skin. My tiny blue tin of Nivea cream from my night stand instantly came to mind, and I patted int into my tender, irritated, and now dry feeling skin. Guess what? Miracle of miracles.. near immediate relief from the burning. I Was hoping for relief, did not expect such drama from this dollar tin of creme. But Whoa.... !! My instincts served me well. Oh, and
P.S... I Googled that Nivea Creme has very much the same ingredients of La Mer $$$ rich peoples skin cream minus the seaweed serum. Also, magnesium sulfate is in the ingred., any input into what this does ?? Im curious. BTW..I'm using the Made in Mexico tin. Cannot afford the BMW brand. (Germany) Shizer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by olga_thes

Good old Nivea is a great moisturizer...its smell takes me right back to my childhood and Giannitsa, the town where I lived. Even today I use it to moisturize my hands, body and feet and it works great! However, I have heard a lot of times people -here, in Greece- saying that although nivea is good for the body, it should not be used on face as it promotes facial hair growth. I do not know whether this is true or just a myth, but, to be honest, I'm afraid to use it on my face. However,I won't stop purchasing this product, it is one of my favorite beauty items!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by les33cochons

i recently bought the small tin jar for a trip; i needed a heavy cream and for a buck, i figured it would be good enough. it definitely exceeded my expectations. it's heavy without being greasy. it leaves my skin soft immediately. i like the smell, which is floral and slightly powdery. i haven't used it on my face, but on my body it's amazing. also for sunburns it works really well too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently told my cosmetician that I put Nivea creme on my face at night and I distinctly heard an audible gasp. But listen and be convinced! Long ago, as a teenager, before the tyranny of anti-aging products took hold, I used Nivea creme as a day and night cream and loved it. I loved the sweet retro tin, I loved the smell, everything. Then I defected to higher end brands. That is, until this spring. I was in Holland and found myself out of night cream. All I could get my paws on at the time was a tube of Nivea...and today I am mystified and delighted to report excellent results. Coupled with my retinol-based day cream, it has vastly improved my skin. My only three caveats would be a) warm the cream in your hands before applying, b) buy the German version only (in Ontario, I score mine (a massive tin for $20 Canadian) at Denninger's Foods of the World) and c) wash your face in the a.m., as it is a thick cream and can clog pores. But what great results! Also good for lips! Heels! Hands! Irritated areas! How excited can I get? A darn good bang for the buck in this hardscrabble day and age.

EDIT: I spoke too soon and have tempted the Beauty Product Gods. I have developed Perioral Dermatitis, and my beloved Nivea has been relegated to elbow and heel duty. Oh, and do you know you can also use it to clean your handbags, in a pinch? I kid you not.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

German version, of course. There are already many great reviews on this, but I wanted to add a few points that I think other reviewers of it would see the validity of mentioning. I enjoy organic moisturizers, but I notice that there's a lot of talk in our skin junkie world about the not purely organic products stripping us of our natural moisture and leaving us addicted to the products to get moisture. I have never found this to be the case with German Nivea Creme. When I have a dry or irritated spot, I can treat it with a small application over a few days or a week, and once it's healed, my moisture level and smoothness are fine and I can go without--nice economic side to it. I gave some German Nivea to my mother who has super allergic skin when her beloved Pacquin's was discontinued and no irritations ensued. In fact, she said it was the best she'd felt since Pacquin's had been discontinued. The thing that bothers me is that with the American version out there, I think it causes confusion with non-skin junkies regarding their general impression of the product. I will offer no definitve statement on using it on the face. Faces are often more sensitive than the rest of the body and more effected by humidity/dryness, so experiment on a case by case basis. Even if it doesn't work on your face, its usefulness for the rest of the body proves its merit. Last point, notice with old fashioned products, there are sometimes comments/concerns about it smelling "old lady-ish". Men and women who've I given samples of the German often say first thing, no prompting, what a nice smell it is. Besides that, I don't like what it implies about old ladies. Has anyone ever seen photos of old ladies in their earlier years? Previous generations were so glamorous and had stylishness with everyday clothes and general looks that could be quite smart and sophisticated. If some old ladies look a little dowdy-ish now, it's because the fashion/skin industries often ignore older women's needs in providing them with all the glamour tools they had when they were younger. But this is a moot point. Whether you're in your 80s, your 60s like my mother, or 30s like me, I think pleasant smelling, smooth, soft skin is a classic for every age. I suspect I'll be dabbing German Nivea on if I'm blessed to live to a very ripe age.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Henna36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the German version:
I ordered this creme after reading the rave reviews. My curiousity was peaked after reading the comparison to La Mer. I see the hype over this creme. I have used the La Mer creme, only to find my skin broken out. I never noticed any miraculous change. To my surprise, Nivea moisturizes just as well as La Mer. I have very sensitive skin that is dry in places and oily in others, acne prone skin with some residual scarring from my teenage years. After a few weeks of applying this at night, my skin just glows. This, coupled with Korres rose brightening serum has really made a difference. Even my hubby asked me what I had been using. My face feels like a babys butt! I have no breakouts from this at all. My skin looks clearer and radiant. I also love the fact that this is inexpensive and the little tin is so convenient to stick in your purse or when traveling. I do not use this in the morning, however, except as an under eye cream and as a lip balm. It is part of my night ritual every single day. I hope to continue using this and saving hundreds of dollars each year!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Sarahliz1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE to use this in junction with my Retin A. Used when I would get sunburned at the beach as a kid with my grandma. Amazing!