Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 12/15/2009 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really want this cream to work for me as I know many women who have used it throughout their lives, and now when they're middle-aged their skin is absolutely perfect and healthy looking without any wrinkles or signs of aging. My skin is terrible as I have tons of breakouts and scarring that was left from the horrible cystic acne I had. I am 21 years old and am still unfortunately battling with acne breakouts. Although my face is much better than it used to be, I still need to wear a lot of concealer and foundation to cover it up. I originally had the Nivea that was made in Mexico and after reading reviews here, I stopped using it and switched to the one made in Germany. Nivea is the ONLY cream that actually moisturizes my super dry skin. My skin is so dry that even warm water will cause it to itch and flake. Adding acne treatments and medication to it, will only dry it out even more. My face is also really sensitive and one wrong ingredient can cause it to look as if I have a horrible sunburn. I applied this Nivea to my face and of course it moisturized it beautifully. All of the flakes, itchiness and dryness were gone and my skin felt really nice and smooth. However after a few days, the cystic acne began to appear so I had to stop using it. I really wanted this to work for me as absolutely nothing else moisturizes my skin the way this does.

on 12/15/2009 6:12:00 AM

It's very heavy and greasy. I've tried to use it around my eyes area and it gave me milla. Good for hands and might be good for people with very dry skin. Overall product not for my skin type.

on 12/15/2009 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I got the little tin can for 99 cents. Thought I would try it out before buying the large version. Whoa...VERY moisturizing and even a little too heavy for me. But it's great for rough spot like elbows and knees.

on 12/11/2009 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

After consistent attempts at treating my acne which now has turned into occasional minor breakouts, my skins has become excessively dry. I develop flakes even during summer. Under air conditioning setting I work in, my skin feels as if it is being torn.

I have tried a handful of products including Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, Clarins Hydrating Serum, Decleor Harmony Cream.. all the items claiming to be hydrating.

But no item beats Nivea in terms of its longevity and outcome!

When your skin is acne prone and extremely dry, flakes that develop around affected area drives you mad. Nivea is the only creme that holds moisture for more than several hours even under makeup. No more flakes.

When applied plainly as a night time moisturiser, the impact is greater. Small bumps perhaps due to pore clogging and fine lines on my forehead are reduced.

I believe in hydrating my skin is a key idea behind combating acne, as oil and shine release is often your skin counteracting the lack of moisture in your skin.

Although it may appear greasy, it is perfectly fine under a primer when wearing makeup. When at home just with Nivea on? Who cares for a bit of shine when it takes away all the flakes and fine lines?

I will constantly use this since I experienced no better item than this one. As long as I use Paula's Choice BHA 2%, I will continue to use Nivea to hydrate my acne treatment affected skin.

on 12/8/2009 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

it is cheap and very basic. it is sticky and it doesn't absorb well though it doesn't cause any breakouts, which is a very good thing! it is a good keep for winter in finland! :")

on 12/6/2009 7:54:00 PM

I love this. I got it for like a $1 at the counter when i was checking out. it is a very thick cream but not to thick. The smell can be a bit strong but its not bad. It absorbs in the skin well even though it is thick. This is worth a try rather then paying for a real expensive one!

on 12/4/2009 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Edited to add (1/24/10) Now that I've learned that the philosophy HIAJ formulation has been altered and I've attributed those changes to my skin not getting much bang for that buck (reason why I researched the ingredient lists), I am using Nivea each night along with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle cream around my orbital eye area. This arrangement is working just fine for me. (The WHINE serum has been discontinued and so I've discontinued use of that product and the C powder as well, and my skin seems to appreciate the change.)

It's a classic which remains wonderful. It does what it's supposed to do, moisturize and seal in moisture. My face loves this stuff, while it detests silicones, so I luck out for the cheaper method of locking in moisture. I've switched from Albolene to this luxurious cream in the past month, and I use my philosophy products on the alternate nights. My skin is blemish-free and I can see a slight evening out of a few lingering splotches of melasma from years ago. Just a small amount is needed and it soaks right in.

Summers are hot and dry where I live so I can see myself using this old-timer's beauty secret even through the summer. I'd considered Nivea for several years but kept spending money on the HE stuff which didn't do half of what Nivea does. The reviews on MUA convinced me to go with this good old classic. I'm so glad I did and I thank MUA for their help!

I like the little tub and don't mind using my fingers; it reminds me of the days of my childhood when elderly women applied simple effective lotions to their skin and looked beautiful at 75. It helps me to feel good about not being a youngster anymore.

on 12/1/2009 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i ve bought this product when i was in a hurry and wanted something to keep my face hydrated...well it did the job... but i don really like the feel of it... SO thick and sticky... doesnt spread out on the face easily... i don think i ll buy it again... but its not that bad for the price either

on 12/1/2009 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

toooo rich i dont really like it!! but the smell is good thought!!

on 11/30/2009 10:38:00 PM

I recently started to use Nivea original cream, couple of months or so, (blue tin German version, we have it in Australia) and imo it is one of the best and cheapest moisturizers I have ever tried in my life. I used La Prairie and La Mer, Lancôme and Estee Lauder etc. For those who find it difficult to apply this creme, try to warm a small amount of it between your fingers/hands as you would do with La Mer and then PRESS it into your skin, don’t massage it in. Any product which contains paraffin can be difficult to apply and should be pre warmed. I think this is why you have to work the La Mer this way too.
I also find that Nivea cream works best and absorbs into my skin wonderfully if I first apply a bit of some liquid night serum (serum with Vitamin C would be great) and then apply Nivea.
I use Nivea under my eyes, so far mostly night time and find it very moisturising and comfortable just as it is with La Mer. I first warm up a tiny amount a bit and then gently press it around eye area and lightly pat.
One other thing I tried with Nivea cream: I bought Sea Kelp bioferment (missing ingredient - Cream De La Mer) from skinactives.com and tried to mix 1/3 of it to 2/3 of Nivea (pre-warm both separately in separate jars, good to use very warm/hot water for this purpose, just put the jars in hot water for a few minutes, then mix), and love the results even though both do not mix together completely. I am yet to try to simply first apply Sea Kelp and then Nivea on top and see how it feels.
Also, Nivea is great as a rich moisturising facial mask. I add a bit of fresh lemon juice - 1/2 tea spoon to 1 spoon of Nivea and apply the mixture to my face for 10-15 minutes. Then gently remove it using paper tissues…
At the moment I use both La Mer for a few days then Nivea for a few days just to compare. I honestly can’t see much difference between the two.