August 22, 2014 | 1925 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2005 4:33:00 PM More reviews by amber27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

****MUST DILUTE THIS WITH PURIFIED WATER LADIES! **** I'm hearing about too many of you using this full-strength... Anyway, this is my HG toner. I simply mix 1 part Bragg's ACV with 3 parts purified water. It's also great to add 1 part aloe vera water if you'd like. This stuff is amazing. The first time I used this, I couldn't stop touching my skin afterward - it was so soft and amazing! Also, my skin wasn't red or irritated, yet calm and rejuvinated. I remember at first I was skeptical about trying this b/c I figured it would just dry the crap out of my skin - but boy, was I wrong! And yes, the brand does matter. Bragg is UNFILTERED and UNPROCESSED, meaning that it has all of the enzymes and nutrients still in it - and that will definitely make your skin happy! Other vinegars might help with clearing up excess oil or drying otu a pimple or something - but you will certainly be robbing your skin of the wonderful nutrients present in a raw and organic brand - as well as possibly overdrying your skin. If you don't have access to Bragg's - try looking for another unfiltered and organic brand. Also, use Bragg's ACV on your salads mixed with a bit of olive oil. Your body will thank you. Bragg is an awesome brand coming from true-to-heart health crusaders! I definitely recommend using this stuff for a toner. Try it for a month and see what happens. :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2005 12:20:00 PM More reviews by AmyFehr157

Not specifially on Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, just apple cider vinegar as a toner in general. I use a 13oz. empty bottle, fill it halfway with apple cider vinegar and the other half with a strong-brew of green tea (the green tea bags with honey & leomn -- smells better and you can add a little of the humectant benefits of the honey and astringent qualities of lemon easily that way). I also add about 10 drops of tea tree oil for it's strong antibacterial and skin-healing properties and about 10 drops of lavender essential oil for the pleasant scent and for it's antiseptic and sebum-controlling properties, as well as it's ability to assist in the healing of wounds, aiding in the formation of scar tissue, and rejuvenating the skin. I really like using these natural products instead of harsh chemicals and drying alcohol. The apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil really do a good job at removing any traces of make-up, dirt, and oil on your skin. So well that, in fact, you feel all clean and tingly afterwards. I have oily, brake-out-prone, sensitive skin and it reacts well to the alcohol- and chemical-free natural apple cider vinegar toner. Plus, it's dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 8:08:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

I read the reviews and I took the bait! Summer in Georgia does TERRIBLE things to my skin; the heat and humidity makes me breakout everywhere - my face, back, chest. Even with my PC 2% BHL, my pores are hell in the summer. When I bought my Bragg's vinegar, the entire lower left side of my face (and neck, from perspiration beneath my heavy hair) looked like I'd been attacked! All bright red blemishes that had reached their peak but would not go away. In one week of applying Bragg's straight as a toner twice a day (occasionally adding aspirin toner after the Bragg's dried) and the red marks are GONE. My skin feels like silk, and I'm very happy. I don't find that it stings me, but from what I've read on MUA there are many sensitive gals out there so perhaps some will choose to dilute this. For less than $4 you can't go wrong...TRY THIS!!!!

(Yes, it stinks! But to me, it means nice skin and I kind of like the smell now, knowing that it makes such a difference in my skin.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 12:55:00 PM More reviews by A9M8L

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate writing reviews for products that i love because i'm superstitious and always think they're gonna stop working well after i rave about them.....but, this stuff is just too good to be true! i actually learned about this toner method off the acne.org website under the scar message board. after trying many many different scar products this is the only one that seems to be healing my old acne scars. i apply it 1 to 1 or add a little more H20 if my skin feels drier, and then when its dry, i put jojoba oil on all over. i noticed that jojoba oil didn't moisturize the extra dry spots as well so i also use desert essence tea tree oil skin ointment (ingred: sweet almond oil, tea tree oil, jojoba oil, calendula extract, lavender oil, cetyl esters, beeswax). I really recommend this ointment because it helps moisturize overnight but also hasn't broken me out. My skin definitely doesn't look perfect, but i am so amazed with the results so far! i really hope this continues to improve my skin, because right now i couldn't be happier! and ya it does stink like nobody's business, but its well worth it if you have skin problems!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2005 11:42:00 AM More reviews by frenchchick

I am doing the super toner recipee found below with green tea, ylan ylang oils and Vit C Crystals. I am very impressed at how fast it's clearing the red marks left by pimples. My skin seems clearer and more radiant. No change on nose blackheads but so far I am very pleased with this. The ylan ylang oil covers the smell a bit so i use it in the AM and PM/alternating with retin-a micro.
Edit: after one week of using, I'm loving it. I put pure ACV on a pimple that was brewing and it cut it's life short. It didn't evolve into a huge zit and was gone in 2 days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2005 8:40:00 AM More reviews by franticog

I don't use the Braggs brand, I have never seen that brand in the stores I shop in. I just use the regular Heinz or generic version of ACV and it works GREAT! I wet a cotton ball first and then put just a tad of vinegar on it and swipe it all over my face. I was beginning to have a problem with large pores in my nose/cheek area and this totally turned my face around. My skin is soft and smooth and looks radiant. My teenage daughter used it on blackheads on her chin and in one application, those were gone and her skin is clear. Dirt cheep, works good too. Only downside is the smell, like feet. I thought it had gone away because I moisturized and applied my makeup after toning w/ ACV but when I went to work out and started to sweat......I smelled vinegar. I am not sure if anyone else noticed it or not. I can not smell this on my daughter and she said I didn't smell like a pickle or feet after my work out; so going on that, I guess I'll keep using it for the benefits!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2005 12:53:00 AM More reviews by djcanopy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I whole heartedly second all the positives everyone here has said. The one thing I would add - from my own personal experience, is that users should be sure to dilute this when using. I got overly enthusiastic and used it full strength (after having used it diluted for a few weeks). I burned my skin in a manner of sorts, and after about 4 months of staying away from it am just now back on the Braggs.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2005 12:51:00 AM More reviews by liatrice

I can't believe this get rated as well!! I'd been using Bragg ACV for many things, especially when department store's skin care upsets me. I mainly use it as:::

(1)Mask: ACV + Organic Honey - (2)Cleanser: ACV + distilled water + sweet almond oil - (3)
Hair rinse: ACV + 2 springs rosemary herb (Macerate for 2 wks b4 use) - (4)
Toner/mist: ACV + rose/lavender EO + distilled water + sweet almond oil - (5)
Facial Steam: ACV + Parsley/Green Tea infusion + Licorice Root .....

Braggs ACV is the best out there, as compare to other ACV i.e. Heinz's... most beneficial as Braggs' come with the "mother"...will use it for life~

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2005 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Fhorn

Second, I'm so mad that I spent ridiculous amounts of money on skincare products, that were probably actually causing my clogged pore problem. Turns out everything I needed for clear skin was in my medicine cabinet and kitchen. I now use vaseline to cleanse and remove makeup and to moisturize, aspirin mask, the apple cider vinegar toner and a green tea and vitamin c serum every evening and my skin looks great. I use the ACV as a rinse for my hair after I've shampood. Twice a week I use retin-a micro. I have sensitive eyes and suffer from allergic conjuctivitis but these products do not irritate it. Now I can spend my money on good food and nice clothes, and feel better about myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2005 10:08:00 AM More reviews by carekate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

You want to know how awesome this ACV toner is? On Friday, I had a nasty zit forming on my cheek. I applied a compress of my homemade Yonka 'Emulsion Pure' to bring it to a head, and was able to extract the pimple on Saturday. That night, I used my homemade aspirin mask, followed w/ the ACV toner, then used the aspirin mask and toner again on Monday morning. The result: not only is the zit gone, but so is the red mark! I mean, you can’t even tell that a couple days ago I had a huge pimple on my face – all the evidence is completely erased.

For those of you who are still skeptical, here are some of the benefits of ACV toner:

• helps even out skin tone;

• smoothes out your skin's texture;

• helps minimizes the size and appearance of pores;

• dries up and reduces redness from breakouts almost over night;

• helps regulate oil production;

• impart's to your skin "a radiant glow."

Recipe for CareKate’s homemade ACV Super Toner:

What you’ll need:

• Apple Cider Vinegar
• Clean, empty 8 ounce glass or plastic bottle
• Distilled water (tap water is okay, but distilled or purified is better!)
• Green Tea -- optional
• Vit-C (lysorbic acid) powder or crystals -- optional
• Ylang Ylang essential oil -- optional
• Lemon essential oil -- optional

What you do:

• Step 1: Fill bottle 1/3 full with ACV (may increase or decrease amount of vinegar to suit your own skin type, add more vinegar for oilier skin and less for dry skin. If you plan to add green tea and other ingredients to your toner, follow steps 2-4 below, otherwise just add water to fill bottle to brim.

• Step 2: Heat 2/3 cup of distilled water and bring to boil, then add 3-4 green tea bags (you want to make the tea solution REALLY strong!!) and let it steep for 30 minutes or longer, then remove teabags. Once the green tea has cooled completely, pour into bottle with ACV (do not fill bottle completely full because you'll need room to add the Ylang Ylang and Vit-C).

• Step 3: Add 25 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil to bottle (if your skin-type is not oily, simply add less Y-Y oil or leave it out altogether).

• Step 4: Measure out one level teaspoon of Vit-C crystals and add to bottle with ACV and green tea. Shake bottle vigorously to dissolve crystals (if they do not dissolve right away, simply put lid on bottle and let sit for an hour to allow Vit-C crystals to solubilize in the solution. Once the Vit-C crystals have completely dissolved, your toner is ready for use. Shake well before using. The above 'recipe' should yield enough toner for a one-month supply.

Twice daily, after cleansing face as normal, put some toner on a cotton pad and gently swipe over your face and neck (if you prefer, you can use a spray bottle and spray the toner directly onto your face). Followup with your regular serums and/or moisturizer.

I'm using simple, "grocery-store" ACV (look in the condiment/salad dressing aisle) which costs less than $1.00USD for 16 ounces, but you can buy more 'exotic' apple cider vinegars from health food stores.

Likewise, I bought my green tea at the supermarket (make sure you get one that is 100% green tea with no additional ingredients/flavors added), a box of 20 tea bags for around $3.00USD. Distilled water is available at the supermarket in the bottled water aisle for around 75˘ per gallon. Ylang Ylang essential oil is available at health food stores (I got mine at Whole Foods for about $7.99 for an 1-ounce bottle).

Hint: If you're hoping to find essential oils cheaper on Ebay or something, make sure that the Y-Y oil is stored in an amber or dark-blue glass bottle, because essential oils can be degraded by direct sunlight like from a clear glass bottle. I got my Vit-C crystals at Whole Foods for around $9.99USD for a big bottle (enough to yield *dozens* of batches of ACV super toner or homemade Vit-C serum!), but you can also order it online.

FYI: You can customize the above recipe to fit your skin’s specific needs simply by adding a couple of drops of the essential oils that are recommended for your skin type. Click on this link (or cut & paste link into address field on your web browser) for a guide to essential oils and their use/benefits in skincare: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/redirect.php?u=http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5922&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

UPDATE: Ooooh, I just added 5 drops of Lemon essential oil to my ACV super toner and it’s just fantastic! The combined aroma of the Ylang Ylang and Lemon oils almost completely cancels out the vinegary smell, so for those bothered by that, try adding a bit of those oils and see if that makes it more tolerable for you.

BTW, here’s the benefits of Lemon oil:

• LEMON: Assists in the formation of scar tissue. Antiseptic, astringent, controls the production of sebum, used for oily skin ,and acne. Revitalizes the skin by improving circulation and encouraging the elimination of wastes (used for cellulitis); gently exfoliates the complexion. With long-term application reduces broken capillaries and varicose veins, softens scar tissue on scars and corns. It is also said to strengthen brittle nails.

123 out of 127 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No