November 23, 2014 | 1111 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2005 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Sweetangelgirl

Great stuff. Great price. I am not thrilled with the strong scent and it makes my eyes burn a little sometimes it is so powerful,but it is totally worth it. It makes my skin look amazing. I have only tried it dilluted w/ water,but I am going to try dilluting it w/ green tea or chamomile tea to see if that works well too. I used to spend tons of money on expensive toners,but this works better for practically nothing. I trade off between this and the asprin toner (which I also adore) I highly recommend both toners to everyone. People tell me I have beautiful skin and ask me what I do to it. They are always shocked when I tell them about this toner and the asprin toner. I am so happy I found out about this toner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2005 11:41:00 AM More reviews by ocmommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my heavens, this has completely transformed my skin. I am amazed by how effective this is, and how fast it works!

I made the recipe for the toner using carekate's recipe here in Productville. I use the Bragg's, the Whole Foods Vit. C crystals, and Sparklett's water. No green tea, etc.

Yes, it smells like the feet of a 13 year old boy at the end of a summer day. I use Skin Food or Nivea over it, so that covers the scent nicely. I can occasionally detect a faint lingering of the scent, but nothing to worry over.

This has made my pores almost invisible, I have had one small spot in the last two weeks (no biggie), and my complexion is absolutely glowing.

Seriously, my husband has even noticed and commented. He said my skin looks so smooth and beautiful! :) I've always been blessed with great skin, but this has made it even better. The tone, the texture...all improved and totally amazing.

I use the homemade recipe for the Vitamin C serum over this at night, which is the MAC Fix+ mixed with the crystals. This combo has given me seriously airbrushed-looking skin. I am forever a convert, and in debt to the Skincare gals! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2005 2:53:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I usually wait a little longer before reviewing a skincare item, but for the ACV, I couldn't wait--I love this stuff!

I was curious about this given all the fantastic reviews/super-high user rating. So I went to the local natural foods store and picked up a big bottle of Bragg's (I think it's nearly a pint, but it was the smallest one they carried) for only about 3-4 USD. It's a cloudy, cider-colored liquid and yes, it does smell awful--like sweaty gym socks combined with the sharp tang of vinegar and a hint of sour apples. It nearly knocked me out the first time I opened up the bottle, but I've gotten used to it by now. It really is an effective "eye-opener" in the morning:)

I don't dilute it now, since the weather's still pretty warm, but I'll probably try out carekate's ACV toner recipe pretty soon. After washing my face (usually with Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash--love this as it's gentle but cleanses well), I wet a cotton ball, shake up the bottle of ACV, put the cotton ball over the mouth, shake up, and get enough for my whole face. I let it dry and do the rest of my routine. Initially, I was paranoid about having a smelly face, but the scent does dissipitate after awhile (maybe 10-15 minutes) and I haven't noticed any lingering odor. BTW: As this is an organic product, I think it's best to keep it in the fridge--this also makes it feels wonderfully refreshing.

I've been using this stuff for about four days now and I already see improvements in my skin. This has helped lighten red marks left over from zits, prevented any new blemishes from arising, made my face feel really soft and smooth, gently brightened my complexion (I also use a lemon-based brightening serum and vitamin C serum--but they weren't really doing much before I used the ACV with them. I'm hoping to eliminate the extra products via carekate's recipe) AND most importantly of all, apple cider vinegar has given me normal skin! I am combination/oily in the warmer months and always wake up with an oil slick on my face in the morning. No matter what powder or mattifier I use, I will get shiny/oily by mid-day and mid-afternoon, etc. So I was shocked when I woke up on Saturday morning (after having used the ACV the night before) with normal-feeling skin--no grease slick! The good effects continued for the rest of the day and I felt less need to blot and powder. I don't feel dried out at all, but that's just my skin type and the weather--you'll have to dilute this more if you have drier skin/climate. Now I use this morning and night after cleansing and have never felt better about my skin. You've GOT to try this!

ETA: I've found that as the weather's gotten cooler and drier, and as my skin's gotten more normal/dryish, I should go easier on this or it'll overdry my skin and provoke zit-formation. So I dilute 1:3 with water, add 10 drops of lemon oil, 3 drops of an essential oil blend for bad skin, and 2 aspirins. The essential oils do wonders at masking the scent and the resulting toner is good to use once or twice a day without excessively drying out skin (be sure to use a good moisturizer afterwards). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2005 6:31:00 AM More reviews by savansa

I don't have Bragg's available to me so I'm using an organic acv I found at the health food store here.
I love this so much! I apply it full strength with a cotton ball but I think I'll try diluting it because it really really REALLY stinks and the stink lasts hours. It's so smelly I feel self consious in public, especially since my SO was on the opposite side of the room and commented he smelled something foul but couldn't put his finger on what it was. I apply it after he's left for work and pray the smell has dissipated by the time he's home, lol.

I can't give this stuff up though because it's performed miracles on my skin. My skin smoother, clearer, and more radiant than it's ever been. I have 30 something combo skin and the apples of my cheeks are usually so dry I have to pat a heavy night cream on them during daytime. This toner has helped my oily T zone and has improved the condition of my cheeks at the same time. I don't know how that's possible but I'm extatic!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2005 9:12:00 AM More reviews by amarock

I recently overhauled my skincare routine and this was one of the items that I decided to add to my regime. My skin has never looked better! I've tossed out all of my toners. I used to use 2 separate ones for my combo skin (alcohol based for t-zone) - this cider vinegar works wonders on my face and doesn't dry out my cheeks! I might be in the minority here, but I actually like the smell of this vinegar (it's so refreshing), so I don't need to mix it with anything to tone down the smell. I just dampen a cotton pad with water and then pour on the vinegar and wipe my face after it's been washed. I use it only on my forehead, nose, chin and cheeks - avoid the eye area (ouch!) and lips. It tingles on my t-zone and really cleans out the pores - I can see that I have way less clogged pores. I bought my bottle of Bragg's at the health food store and it only cost me $3.50 for a 500mL - I transferred mine from the glass bottle into my now empty Neutrogena toner bottle, which makes it easier to squirt onto the cotton pad. I love these skincare finds - thanks MUAers! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2005 4:22:00 AM More reviews by spidina

Thumbs up.... all.... the..... way. I have supersensitive oily T-zone skin, rosacea on cheeks, large pores on nose and bumps on chins. Like another MUA-er, I used a variation of Carekate's recipe (thank you!!). In an 8 oz. spray bottle, I filled it 1/3 with Braggs ACV, fill the additional 2/3 with the cooled off green tea (used 3 tea bags), I then added only 3-4 drops (instead of 25 drops) of ylang ylang essential oil (enough to mask the vinegar smell) because of my combo skin. I then mist on face after cleansing or sometimes mist on a cotton pad. I leave my toner in the fridge for a longer shelf life plus the coolness feels great! The daily toner and twice a week aspirin mask has cleared up the nasty bumps on my chin and minimize the pores on my nose. I have used expensive skincare lines such as natura bisse, la mer, and prada in the past but plan to stick to these home remedies. UPDATE: It's been almost two years since I wrote this review. I continue to use this toner day and night. Just remember to make a new batch every month since the ACV has no preservatives.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2005 4:52:00 PM More reviews by d_E_S_S

Someone on the boards suggested this as a spot-treatment when I had this HUGE, scab-over-green-pus breakout (yes, GROSS!). I dabbed this full-strength on that afternoon and again before bed, and the next morning, the whole thing - pus and scab and all - had fallen off and it was already starting to heal underneath. UNBELIEVABLE! Usually it takes me at least a week for the scab to even just fall off!
Haven't tried it as a toner yet, but will report back once I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2005 8:39:00 AM More reviews by luckylady77

ok, I was skeptical, but I have been using this for 2 days and I already can see a difference in my skin. It stinks so bad, but it's worth it if i can have that glow back again. I diluted it with distilled water, 1 part cider to 3 parts water, as I have sensitve skin I wanted to keep it weak at first. I may add more later. I bought a small botlle for $2.70 at my local health food store. i want to try putting other stuff in like other MUA girls suggest to cover the smell and also get benefits from certain essential oils. will update. You should try this. Will also try putting on my salads with olive oil, can't be that bad, and if it cleans from the inside out, I can put up with it. So far so good.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2005 3:09:00 PM More reviews by JMJM

UPDATE: *** I'm another gal who fell off the ACV bandwagon. I just couldn't deal with the smell! I also like to spray my toners on, and you can't really do that with this (dries out the lips). Maybe I'll come back to this later, because I have a huge bottle of it left! ****

I use a slight variation of carekate's super ACV toner recipe. I was having trouble finding vitamin C crystals, but you can find 'em with the rest of the vitamin supplements in health food stores. Before I found the vitamin C crystals, I used the toner (ACV, lemon and clary sage essential oils, green tea), for about a week. The vitamin C crystals help, I think. The tone and texture of my skin seems to be improving. It's a bit weird; I still get clogged pores, but they're not getting inflamed nearly as much. The bumps are there, but they're the same colour as the rest of my skin. I just squeeze the gunk out with my fingertips (I know, bad!) and it comes out kind of like toothpaste from a tube.

Super-duper cheap, but as the rest of the reviewers said, super-duper STINKY. Try it. It's cheap, all-natural, and does more than most store-bought stuff. I like what this stuff does for my skin, but I may try the witch hazel I've been hearing so much about after my gigantic bottle of Bragg's ACV is finished. That should be in about two years!

One more thing; as mentioned in other reviews, do not get this stuff near your lips! It may not dry them about the first time, but after a few days you'll have the driest lips you've ever had in your life. I don't recommend using a spray bottle. Pat it on your skin instead. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 10:09:00 PM More reviews by smoothierama

wow. wow. WOW! amaazing. my blackheads are drying up, my zits are going away. my marks are fading away... real FAST! i love it! doesn't smell nice though.. a MUST TRY!!