April 18, 2014 | 2031 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2005 12:51:00 PM More reviews by cyndilou

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is great- I use it neat as a toner before bed (the smell goes away quickly). I also drink two tablespoons a day for all the health benefits. I just take a shot of it and have a chaser of juice or whatever close by! I've heard that taking it internally and also using it as a toner does wonders for the skin. Mine is already looking great and it's only been a week. My skin tone seems more even, old red spots are fading and my pores look smaller!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2005 7:49:00 PM More reviews by agirlnamedagnes

i love this. i actually dont dilute this and use it neat. it does sting a bit at first but i get over it. it's shrunk my pores, made my face nice and matte, and has put some breakouts under control. one drawback is the smell...it stinks! to me, it smells like smelly feet. but i could stand it for all the wonderful benefits. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2005 11:03:00 AM More reviews by PinkPoloLauren

I decided to try this after reading the rave reviews. I was nervous bc I have very sensitive skin but this stuff is amazing. It leaves my skin soft and my pores seem to be shrinking yay! Also its not overly drying which is the problem I've had with most toners. I used Braggs and diluted it 1:1... try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2004 11:48:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very good toner for my oily/ very acne prone skin. My spots and scars last forever, so this has been a good product for making my complexion clearer. Unlike most of the other reviews I use this neat, and douse my face liberally with this.It tingles/stings a little but that is very temporary and I can still use AHA's on top.It really speeds up the healing process, and is fading my horrid ,bumpy sunspots nicely. I just wish it didn't reek so. UPDATE I only use this occasionally now as my husband complains bitterly whenever I put it on, plus my skin is quite nice without it due to my Jojoba oil and various other things.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2004 8:06:00 PM More reviews by jenl173

I have been using this for a little over a month now, and my skin has never looked better. I definitely recommend Bragg's. I first made this with Heintz, and it was too harsh for my skin. I had moderate acne on my chin and cheeks, and I started clearing up as soon as I started using this, and I haven't has a breakout since. A 1:1 ratio of ACV to water works well for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2004 4:36:00 PM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first read about the ACV toner in a beauty book, said it would keep away all acne. I found Bragg's at my local health food store and started using this every other night. Like the aspirin mask this is another cheap,homemade miracle. My skin is less oily, looks healthier and blemishes just do not creep up as often. If the smell wasn't so strong I would use it in the morning, because it really helps with the oilies. That's how I know it really does balance out your skin. UPDATE: This is fading scars for me so unbelievably quickly, it's like a dream!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2004 9:25:00 AM More reviews by jenica89

Apple Cider Vinegar is a wonderful toner! AWESOME. I use a 1:1 APV to water ratio or a 1:2 APV/water ratio.
No more clogged pores, more even skin tone. Look healthier.
I use it in the shower while skin is wet and warm. put on face with cotton ball...wait a few minutes, then splash off and get out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2004 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Nathalie

When I started hearing all the raves on apple cider vinegar, I thought this would be another letdown for me.
Fortunately, it has done wonders for me! I started using this Oct. 16th and ever since, I have not had all the blemishes I would get weekly. I only got two around *that time of the month* but they quickly went away! It is honestly, unbelievable. I use this twice a day and it doesn't dry or irritate my skin. I will keep using this as long as it works for me. BTW, I dilute this with water..

Update: I still use this four months later and am still loving it. I have gotten compliments on my skin which is something I had never gotten before. I'm thrilled with it and am still spreading the word :) Stinks to high heaven, but I can deal if it gives me clear skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2004 6:22:00 PM More reviews by daste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ACV is another product that is always in my cupboard, preferrably the Bragg's or Spectrum brand. I've used it neat on my body for years, and started using it on my face less than two weeks ago. For my face I prefer it diluted in either a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio with distilled water but will occasionally use it neat. This also seems to make my other products work better (possibly because of the acids in the ACV). So far, I've seen very good results with this toner in terms of clearing up spots and fading red marks and I hope they continue! Update 1/20/05: still love the ACV. I mostly use it as a toner but have started mixing it with the Aztec Secret mask. Update 4/18/05: Now I'm test-driving the 1:2 ratio and adding a couple drops of essential oils. So far, it's working great and smells better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2004 11:30:00 AM More reviews by BEBE_T

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a staple item that I must have in my house at all times. This is a product that I would not want to be without! I started using this about a year and a half ago as a toner/astringent and I absolutely love it! I use it, undiluted, after washing almost every night. (It took me a while to tolerate it this way, but I have no problems at all with it now.) I like knowing that this will help to adjust the pH of my skin (something that face wash and cleasners can often upset). This leaves my skin fresh and glowy and really aids in maintaining clear, refined pores. This also works as a probiotic, as it contains beneficial bacteria. I only use this at night, now, though, because it is vinegar and the smell can be a bit offensive--although, it does tend to disipate after a while. **Really I have used a few different brands of Apple cider Vinegar, and as long as it is raw and unpasteurized, with no preservatives, they all work equally well.**

08/2007 UPDATE: I won't change the rating of this, as it is a really good product. It doesn't really agree with my rosacea, though, so I don't use it anymore.