October 24, 2014 | 1721 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2004 12:38:00 AM More reviews by cpohrer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

VGV is such a pretty color! I love the luster formula! It looks great paired with Nymphette lipglass, VGV lipglass, or Babied Lip Lacquer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2004 11:36:00 AM More reviews by sephorajunkie

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Am I crazy? This was just sold out but I managed to get ahold of one. I just didn't care for this color. It is almost the same color of my pigmented lips short of the little flecks of gold or whatever. Nope...too dark. I like light and sheer...this is not that. Great consistancy as usual from MAC, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2004 12:28:00 PM More reviews by StephB

At first I thought this shade was TOO neutral b/c I could hardly see it on my lips. I paired it with my lips-neutral LM Chestnut liner and the result was a soft, neutral, beautiful mouth. It's not a "stand out" mouth, but a perfect look for work...without being boring. I do like it better when paired with VGV LipGlass though. It makes my lips look natural yet better. I think the lovely golden shimmer makes this lip look work. The shimmer isn't glittery but nice and soft. My lips look polished yet not boring.

I'd perfected the pale nude mouth and the brown/pink neutral mouth, but had yet to find the perfect YLBB neutral mouth. This is it. There are no brown or orange tones yet it's not too pinky. It's just the perfect creamy pink/nude with a hint of shimmer. Lovely and soft.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2004 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Katya94

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like this, but don't love it, and think I prefer the Viva Glam V lipglass. The lipstick is a light, shimmery, slightly plummy pink. Very nice and summery, but a bit too light for my lips. Works well with a darker lip liner like Chanel Nude. I love the Lustre formula, but for some reason (probably because of the shimmer), I didn't find this particularly glossy, which is what I like about the Lustre. Anyway, I'm glad I bought this, I've done my bit for charity, but I don't think I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2004 12:26:00 PM More reviews by mizsockmonkey

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this - and I love it! I think this is a perfect everyday shade - a great neutral pinky nude with a hint of golden shimmer. Great during the day, or paired with dramatic eyes for nighttime. I got the lipglass, too, which I haven't tried yet - but now am very excited about.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2004 11:05:00 AM More reviews by stellina

I love the Lustre formula, so I couldn't wait for this to come out. It may be my new "default" lip color, the one you can always slap on in a hurry & look great. It's very natural but definitely pink, & the shimmer makes it look so fresh & pretty. I really like it with the new Whirl liner, but it would look great with the indispensable Spice as well. The lustre formula is so smooth & glossy. Just great all the way around.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2004 6:26:00 PM More reviews by parkc

I love this lipstick!

But I wish it had a little more pigment. Still, I really love how it goes so well with all of my lip liners like Spice, Plum, Whirl and Stripdown!

I'll use it mainly to put over a lipliner color to lock it in.

Nice subtle shimmer! =)

UPDATE: OK, I got Sequin lipstick and it is what I thought Viva Glam V would look like on my very pigmented lips. I looove the texture of this VG, but no matter how hard I try, it will not show up on my lips! It's just this very barely visible sheen. I am keeping it only bc the dough goes to charity. Otherwise, I'd take it back in a heartbeat!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2004 3:37:00 PM More reviews by belle2216

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had the Lip Glass in my hand at first and then at the last minute changed my mind and got the lipstick instead. Big mistake! The lipstick is so blah. It's virtually exactly the same colour as my lips. Not MLBB.. MLBTS (my lips, but the same!) The tiny bit of shimmer didn't even really show up on my lips. I did however like the feel.. very soft and smooth. Mine is already up for swap.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2004 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bo-ring. I really wanted to love this lipstick and did until I got home and put it on my lips. It looked beautiful on my hand, but unfortunately on my lips (pale pink-brown) there was no pigment, it had no staying power, and all it left was shimmer. It is exactly the same colour as one of my Mabelline Wet Diamonds lipsticks. Completely dissapointing and I've already swapped it. However I LOVE the lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2004 10:26:00 AM More reviews by habsfan

I just color this color last week and it is already my new favorite. I'm drawn to the frosty colors and this has just the right amount of sparkle. I've been using Spice or Hodgepodge as the liner.