MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in a swap and i have to say i would hav bought it anyway. it's the perfect YLBB shade on me. great for a "no make up" day.

I bought this some time ago but never got around to really using it. I did try it once and thought it might be too dark for my PPP complexion, so I thought I'd save it as a fall/winter color. Today I tried it on with a nude liner and a little Oyster Girl on top and thought it looked great, nice and professional. I have light hair and eyes, btw, so many colors just don't look good on me, esp. dark ones. I also used it with Urban Decay's X blush and I was happy with the results, even if no one but me was around to appreciate it. :-)

the perfect staple color. it's a medium neutral rose with slight shimmer- gorgeous! i will buy again and again. it definitely goes into the category of those products when you only have a few minutes, but need those wonderful standbys that produce great results every time.

This is a very pretty lipstick, but tricky to work with. One of those products you can't use alone and have to buy the appropriate lipliner and lipgloss to maximize its use. Now I'm all for buying more makeup, but sometimes when I'm low on cash, I want a quick fix. This is not it. Viva Glam V appears to be a sandy nude pink with gold shimmer. Much prettier and more wearable than the other VG's, IMO. Unfortunately, it disappears on my lips. I need to line with a pencil (pink liner for a pinkier mouth, nude for, well, a more nude mouth) If I just apply the lipstick after liner, it becomes too metallic and dry. I need a lipgloss to soften the look a little. With a liner and lipgloss, this lipstick is gorgeous. Unfortunately, right now I'm in the mood for less products and quicker application. The money goes to a good cause, though.

I loved the IDEA of this color, and I wanted to help charity -- so I bought this lipstick.

But it doesn't show up on my pigmented lips! =( If you look really REALLY closely, maybe you can see a tiny sheen. But that's it. Too bad, because I really wanted to love it! continued >>

I had to see what all the fuss was about! When I first heard the words "Viva Glam", I thought this would be another bold red color (especially since their VG promotion has a big hideously over-makeuped Christina Aguilera on it), but it's far from it. This is a beautiful "your lips but better" light pink shade with a hint of sparkly gold. It's an everyday color that I would call 'glam-lite'. Looks great blended with Chanel Precision lip liner in Nude.

A dull pink that made me look half dead. I have sorta pale skin with yellow/olive undertones (C3 or NC 25). But, it looked like a decent enough neutral on my friend who is pale with major amounts of pink and red in her skin.

I cannot rave enough of this lipstick!!! I absolutely adore it. It's a slighly jazzed up YLBB (rosy shade with subtle golden shimmers). And lustre is my fav MAC lipstick finish. I can see myself repurchase this over and over again. Two thumbs up!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this color--great for the spring! I'm an NC43 and it's a nice soft slightly pearly pink color. I would venture to say that this color probably would look great with most skin colors. Plus, the texture is really smooth. Excellent!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Whee, this color is gorgeous! I had been planning on purchasing this for quite some time, but I was definitely sold today when my MA used it on me for my wedding makeup trial (yes, I will be all Viva Glammed up on my wedding day! :-)) Other reviews have given a wonderful description of the color, so I'll just keep mine short. This is a perfect pinky neutral on my NC15 complexion. A huge rave for me! :-)

Recommended for Medium Skin