MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

on 5/9/2004 6:07:00 PM

I loved the IDEA of this color, and I wanted to help charity -- so I bought this lipstick.

But it doesn't show up on my pigmented lips! =( If you look really REALLY closely, maybe you can see a tiny sheen. But that's it. Too bad, because I really wanted to love it! continued >>

I had to see what all the fuss was about! When I first heard the words "Viva Glam", I thought this would be another bold red color (especially since their VG promotion has a big hideously over-makeuped Christina Aguilera on it), but it's far from it. This is a beautiful "your lips but better" light pink shade with a hint of sparkly gold. It's an everyday color that I would call 'glam-lite'. Looks great blended with Chanel Precision lip liner in Nude.

on 4/29/2004 3:47:00 AM

A dull pink that made me look half dead. I have sorta pale skin with yellow/olive undertones (C3 or NC 25). But, it looked like a decent enough neutral on my friend who is pale with major amounts of pink and red in her skin.

on 4/27/2004 6:19:00 PM

I cannot rave enough of this lipstick!!! I absolutely adore it. It's a slighly jazzed up YLBB (rosy shade with subtle golden shimmers). And lustre is my fav MAC lipstick finish. I can see myself repurchase this over and over again. Two thumbs up!

on 4/26/2004 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this color--great for the spring! I'm an NC43 and it's a nice soft slightly pearly pink color. I would venture to say that this color probably would look great with most skin colors. Plus, the texture is really smooth. Excellent!

on 4/21/2004 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Whee, this color is gorgeous! I had been planning on purchasing this for quite some time, but I was definitely sold today when my MA used it on me for my wedding makeup trial (yes, I will be all Viva Glammed up on my wedding day! :-)) Other reviews have given a wonderful description of the color, so I'll just keep mine short. This is a perfect pinky neutral on my NC15 complexion. A huge rave for me! :-)

on 4/20/2004 8:16:00 AM

Because of all the glowing reviews, I had to have this Viva Glam...and I am so glad I did! I won't bore you with more of the same descriptions (everyone below got it right). I just wanted to add another rave review for this FAB lipstick...perfect for all skin types. Im a PPP. (Blonde, green eyes)

on 4/20/2004 3:01:00 AM

I am not a lipstick girl. I've hated everyone I've tried on. Until I saw VGV! The minute I heard about this I knew I had to try it on. The color is a perfect nude color with a shimmer on me (NC35). My bf says this smells like chocolate and is one of his fave lippies on me :) And it's shaped like a bullet which I find amazingly cool!

on 4/19/2004 1:47:00 AM

This is definitely going to become a staple in my lipstick arsenal. My lips aren't very pigmented, so the colour totally shows up on me. It is definitely a YLBB shade! I don't have the lipglass yet, but I plan on getting it soon!

on 4/14/2004 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very pretty pinky peach flecked with gold and slight shimmer. Lustre formula, light wearing. Gold microglitter stays long after lipstick has gone! Nice.

Popular Lipsticks