December 19, 2014 | 1809 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2004 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best foundation I have foudns o far. I have it in Sand 04 and it is a good match for my pale but olive skin, but goes on sheer enough that it's OK-plus I use Physician's Formula bronzer in Moonlight to set (I have never gotten compliments on my skin before and now I do all the time-what a cool feeling!). It may look a little dry on drier skin, but I like to put it on over moisturizer (for the SPF alone) anyway. After 1 month of use, It HAS cut down on blemishes and oliness. Dreis matter, stays put all day. I finally found my holy grail oh yeah - the other reviewers were right on - packaging sux.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2004 5:16:00 PM More reviews by dulceflor

This is the first time that I've acually used a liquid foundation more than a couple of times being that I prefer powder foundations because my skin is oily and it seems easier to apply. (i'm a lazy person!)Then I heard about this product on MUA and I decided to try it since I'm money challenged and because powder foundation tend to settle into my very fine lines around my mouth (why?! I'm only 27!) Anyways, I really like it It's easy to blend, colors are pretty good, and it lasts the whole day without caking or seperating.It looks natural, light to medium coverage although to me it does'nt layer well. I have not broken out yet although I do need to blot once or twice a day. The only problem is that it is difficult to remove and it has o.6 saliycic acid which might irritate if your out in the sun. Other than that great product that I would repurchase. /edit: I stopped using it because it seemed to be making my acne spots darker so when I applied the make-up my spot showed through, more than when is first started using it. Sad but true! I think it the BHA, even though I do use sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2004 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Breezibre

I purchased the ivory because I am fair. I do like the product, it has nice coverage and if applied properly it really evens out your skin tones. I don't find it very drying yet I do have combination skin so it might not affect me too bad. The packaging could be better, the "mouth" of the bottle is quite large and it sometimes pours out really fast. I also find the bottle gets gunky really easy and must be cleaned. Also if you use sponges I find it gets really soaked up into them and you don't get much out of it. I find if you put a little glob on the sponge and don't let it absorb into the sponge it works better. Also when you wash the sponge I find the make-up doesn't come out.
All in all I'd have to say it's a good product, I am not too sure if it really helps with acne, but I don't think it causes any.
Hope this helped

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2004 4:25:00 PM More reviews by flossfairy

Purchaced "Ivory" on sale, bundled with the matching concealer. The make up is great for summer when my skin is oiler, but it might be too drying in winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2004 2:16:00 AM More reviews by olpjunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually like this product a lot. The lightest shade, Ivory, actually matches my skintone, so I was really happy about that. It looks pretty natural too, even in natural light. The worst thing about it is the packaging. Right now, since mine is pretty full, it's pretty easy to pour the right amount onto my sponge. When I get closer to the end, it'll probably be harder to get the right amount. Knowing me, I'll probably end up spilling the whole bottle on the floor or something. Other than the crappy packaging, I really love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2004 4:15:00 PM More reviews by L00kitsELLEN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recieved this product free after rebate. The color is completey wrong and only now can I use it after I got a tan. I got naked figuring it would be pretty light, but I guess not! It goes on really smoothy and has a nice matte finish to it. I would probably like it if the color fit me better. The packaging is horrible though! The liquid gets all over the place. It's all inside the lid and I've used it maybe once? I have no idea how it got that messy. I think it leaks out of the top. If they got better colors and a better bottle.. I might use it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2004 2:53:00 PM More reviews by lovestuck

i dig this since it's so hard for me to find drugstore brands that match my asian skin. although i'm not sure how well this cleans up blemishs, my skin feels alright after using this. and the bottle feels really sturdy, so i like that. it blends really well too and goes great under my concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2004 11:00:00 PM More reviews by mstokki

Whoa, i was suprised at how this make-up turned out so natural on my asian, oily, acne-prone skin. i got this in Sand-04. the coverage can range from sheer to medium, depends how much you layer on, and the yellow-tone is perfect for me. since my skin is very oily, it did not dry me out at all. well, i also put on moisturizer before i put on the make up, so blending was no problem at all. i love how the bottle is slim and easy to hold when pouring onto the side of my wrist.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2004 12:21:00 AM More reviews by RedNailPolish

This is the best foundation I've used...granted, the other two were both Covergirl and not that impressive. The color is a fairly good match for me, a little dark and yellowy, but that's fine because this doesn't give so much coverage that it completely changes the color of my face. It does rub off during the day a little, and the packaging really isn't that great. However, I do like this. It is expensive for me, but I'm a poor teenager. I'd porbably buy this again unless I find another better choice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2004 12:30:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally a yellow undertoned foundation that is healthy for my oily skin. I need concealer too, so I put this on my entire face then go back and spot check it with a brush, that's where the messy cap gets some use cuz I dab the brush into the well and apply it where needed. Its still pretty messy but I don't waste so much product. Sand 04 is the color I chose and is a good match for my C35 complexion. I can go about 4 hours between blotting now and my blemishes are healing nicely w/no dry edges. I was looking for an oil control foundation which I've found and the acne healing is an added bonus since I usually get PMS acne at most.