October 25, 2014 | 1499 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Naked Lunch

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2004 5:00:00 PM More reviews by MacQueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A sexy nude light taupe super frosty color the Mac site describes it as a minimal pink with shimmer it's super gorgeous and was really the only shadow that caught my eye with the Hypnotique collection.

UPDATE: If you already own Jest then IMO you really don't need this e/s too they are much to similar, and jest tends to show up better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2004 11:43:00 AM More reviews by MYV12

I really do like this color, but it is not quite to a 5 status. It is a very neutral pink/skin toned color with very little shimmer. I have been wearing it over still life paint and it looks beautiful (and lasts forever). I have worn it with a plummy/burgundy shade in the crease, as well and more brown toned colors in the crease. I have even used it on my cheeks and this looks great also! (I am NC20) I would buy this again, because I have found myself reaching for it nearly every day since I have purchased it. It's a great everyday color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 4:14:00 PM More reviews by egyptianprincess

I love this eyeshadow! such a gorgeous, beigy pink kind of colour, with a nice frost, not too over the top. perfect for every day, but can also be glammed up for evenings out. Use it as a base for almost every eye look. love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 2:06:00 AM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I swear someone from MAC is reading MUA, because I've been posting for months about my desire for a slightly warm champagne eyeshadow tinged with pink--like my lids, only a bit more interesting. And that is exactly what Naked Lunch is! *cue Twilight Zone theme*. It shows up on my pale, warm-toned skin as a peachy-pink-champagne with golden frost. It's not over-the-top whitish, ashy frost, as was the case with me and Stila Kitten, Starlight, MAC Phloof, Shroom, and countless other supposedly neutral champagne shadows, but rather more of a "wet" golden sheen. Oh, and it shows up a lot better than my previous nude-pink-shimmer standby, NARS All About Eve.

I'd actually given up on MAC eyeshadows since I didn't like the chalky, hard-to-blend texture (I prefer Stila), but this actually melds with my skin quite nicely. Of course, it has that classic MAC problem of creasing and fading within a few hours, so I need to use a base, but for a colour this perfect, that is a-okay. I'm so glad this isn't LE, because I really do envision myself finishing at least one pot. Really. No, really.

Now, MAC, do you have anything in a seamless, natural, lightweight-yet-full-coverage, perfectly matching foundation? I know you're reading this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2004 4:37:00 PM More reviews by liquidhonesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, I haven't bought this yet, but I'm going to. This is a gorgeous colour. I like to wear neutral lid colours as colours that are too yellow look weird on my eyelids even though I'm quite pale. Anyhow, I love this colour. It is frosty, but somehow still subtle. I think this would look great with most shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2004 1:38:00 AM More reviews by melodiesoflife

Like everybody else has described, this is a beige color with shimmers. The reason why it doesn't get 5 lippies is because it doesn't really show up on me (NC30/35), but it looks beautiful when paired with a darker shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2004 9:28:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Naked Lunch is a sheer peach champagne shade with sparkles. I really like this as a wash or used as a lid colour with other contrasts. I'm an NW15, so it's a little dark for a highlight colour for me. But it's really lovely on... looks soft and pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2004 8:34:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very pretty shade, a pinky-peach champagne with tons of frost and shimmer. Did I just describe MAC Naked Lunch, or Stila Kitten? Unfortunately for me, these 2 shadows look exactly the same on my lids (MAC N3). NL might be half a shade peacher/deeper, but very close in any event (why did I not notice this before I bought it?) This is something that should be considered, since so many of us already have Kitten. Still, NL is a great versatile shade that is a definite keeper (if you don't already have something similar).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2004 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Honeyblonde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's funny how shades can vary so much from person to person. I am an NW20, and this shade shows up so pretty on me. It's a fleshy-peach, with a frosty sheen (like that in Pink Freeze and Nylon), which gives a glowy, ethereal look.

I've used as just a wash all over (with very black mascara) for a polished neutral look, and as an inner lid color (with Hypnotique in the crease, Deep Truth to line and swept up into corners) for more of a "pop". Truly fairy-like!

This color is totally unique, in my opinion, and seems like one I will use alot.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 5:59:00 PM More reviews by nicole1234

Although this is a beautiful flesh, champagne almost peach e/s, it just does not show up on me since I have to wear an eyepaint to prevent my e/s from creasing. I think this colour would look good on really fair skin or darker skin, but this one is too close to my NC20 skin!