Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 1/26/2009 5:38:00 PM

LOVE this cleanser! I have been using it for about 2 weeks now - and I can see such a huge difference in my skin. It has cleared up my acne, and prevented me from breaking out more. It does not leave my skin feeling 'tight' after using. My skin always feels clean and moisturized. It makes my face feel so good! The scent is nothing special - but this cleanser does it's job! I use it twice a day. When I wear makeup - I wash twice just to make sure it is all off. Great stuff!
Edit: After using this cleanser for a few months, I did not like it. I didn't feel that it was cleaning my face that well - and it did not remove my makeup.

Price: ~$11

Packaging: convenient pump dispenser

Consistency: Clear, watery gel

Gets makeup off! How do I know? I use it to clean old foundation bottles: I had a 3 year old glass foundation bottle of Chanel foundation that I wanted to dump out so I could reuse the pretty bottle. I needed to clean the insides of the bottle from all the dried up foundation gunk, so I proceeded to use, soapy water, then alcohol, eyemakeup remover, etc. No avail, the bottle was still really really dirty. Then I squirted some of the Cetaphil cleanser in with some water, shook, and 1 minute later the bottle was CLEAN!

For my face, it's a little drying but it gets off everything. Yes, it's a bit pricey, but you get alot from it (~500 mL).

This is product is a little bit pricey but i absolutely love it. I use it cleanse my face every night and it gives me a clean and smooth feeling. I don't break out anymore and it makes my skin feel super healthy. It doesn't make my skin feel super dry or oily.

on 1/20/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I only use this in the morning to clean off the tretinoin and night cream I use at night. This definitely does not serve well as a makeup remover. Cleanser is mild and has a nice scent and is not too drying. if you are acne prone and looking for a makeup remover shu makes awesome cleansing oils

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I saw a women on Youtube who goes by the name TheCurrentCustom and she was talking about how her skin acts and I was like"thats me!!"I have oily skin and it also breaks out easily.I ran out and bought me a small bottle to try and OMG,this stuff is AMAZING!!!!It cleans my face verry well and keeps the oil down for hours!!After using it just ONCE I saw a HUGE difference in how my skin feels.I have been using this for less than a week and already my skin is clearing up!It has a very light scent to it that reminds me of the Coppertone suntan lotion.I will be going back to get a bigger bottle and the lotion as well.
If you have oily skin that breaks out easily go and get you some to try.For $7.99 it won't be that big of a lost if you don't like it.

on 1/17/2009 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I use this to remove the residue from my Lumene cleansing oil, which doesn't always rinse off completely. By itself, this cleanser would be too drying for my slightly dry skin, especially in the winter, but when I use just a tiny amount as a second cleanser, I don't get over-dry or stripped skin. Until I find the ideal one-step cleanser that removes silicone-based primers, sunscreens and foundations and doesn't dry my skin too much (as DHC cleansing oil does), I'll rely on this two-step process. I use Cetaphil for normal to dry skin in the morning, to rinse the night's grime off. BTW, my DH swears by this cleanser for his oilier skin. I usually have to retrieve my bottle from his shower.

on 1/17/2009 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I like this cleanser, but it doesn't remove m/u. It is a good overall cleanser that doesn't strip the skin. I like the pump dispenser. You get a lot for your money, but I wish it would do a better job of removing make up. I wouldn't rec this for anyone with oily skin.

on 1/14/2009 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm really glad Cetaphil came up with this product for oily/combination skin. I used the gentle version for dry skin previously despite the fact that I have oily skin. For an inexpensive cleanser it gets the job done without over drying. But if you're looking for clean rinse result like me, this is not the product. I use a separate cleanser to wash off the residues.

I am so so about this product...I would only buy again if I cant find my HG Cleanser (Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash)... I would wash my face and afterwards tone, and my toner would pick up dirt and residue and even though I know that is what toners do, with Purpose, my cotton ball is 98% clean, with cetaphil is not. Also, i had run out of the big container of cetaphil, (my hubby uses it as well), and i went and brought the small one (same version though), and i just put the small one in the almost empty big bottle and i dont know what happened, but maybe i changed the consistency..(if that makes any sense)...and then i would wash my face and i would feel as if i was washing my face with pure water! I had to go out and buy a facial sponge just to feel my skin clean!!! It didnt break me out, but it didnt do much to make my skin any cleaner/clearer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was really hoping that this would work for my very sensitive skin but it didnt. When I washed my face It felt like my face face was starting to burn a bit around my eyes... the fragrance was very strong and I think thats what may have caused the reaction. Then when I dried my face it was still burning a bit and I thought to myself.. this isnt good. So I slapped on my good ol cold cream and my face stopped burning and i was relieved!

I wish this product would have worked for me.. bummer