September 30, 2014 | 2086 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by chloe0812

I have to say that this cleanser worked great for me. I use to use the Aveeno cleansers with soy or salicylic acid in it. It never cleared up my acne or brightened my complexion. I thought it was the Mac makeup that broke me out. Once I switched to the Cetaphil what a difference it made for me. I recently purchased the Clarisonic and use it with the cleanser and my face has cleared up within a week. Will def. purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Shortbrows

It's a good everyday cleanser. It is gentle, not overdrying, but removed necessary oil. The scent was a little funny when I first started using it but it's not offensive.

My dermatologist recommended it few years ago, and I'm pleased with it, and will continue using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by jcrysy

It is a good basic cleanser. If that is what you are looking for, than this is great. It has a mild scent,m which is a plust.

For my acne prone skin, it did a good job with cleaning, but did not help the acne. An antibacterial cleanser is more effective in warding off breakouts for me. It also was slightly drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Jolly_C

This is my HG cleanser. It takes off makeup and excess oils extremely well, but without making my face tight or dry. Granted, it's not the perfect cleanser: If you're using heavy applications of makeup, you definitely need to follow-up with a non-irritating toner or facecloth. The solution is a clear, mildly thick liquid with a little "sweet" smell. It seems to be more expensive than other cleansers in the drugstore, but a little goes a long way, and--in terms of its effectiveness--it ends up being cheaper than the other cleansers since you'll use less of the Cetaphil. It washes off fairly well, so your chances of striping your skin of necessary moisture decreases.

In terms of packaging, I like how it comes in a convenient pump and also how you can buy up to 16 ounces of the product. The bottle is on the thick side and is opaque, so you don't really have to worry about light altering any of the important ingredients in the solution. If you don't like to use this on your face, it makes a great brush cleanser that won't eat away at your natural bristle brushes.

EDIT: Amazon has really good deals on Cetaphil. Sometimes you can get two of the 16 oz. cleansers for less than $10/ item. Depending on how much you purchase, you can get shipping for free and I think Amazon is a little more reliable than drugstore.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by jkonstan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. I have oily skin and have not been able to find a cleanser that actually thoroughly cleaned my face until now. My acne has also cleared up, I can't say enough good things about this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

No!No!No! Left me with terrible blackheads. Just did not work for me at all. I have never had so many blackheads. As soon as I stopped using it my face cleared up. Will not use again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by truegem31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go to facial cleanser. When all else fails and leaves me too dry, too oil, burning, itching etc., I can always come back to Cetaphil. This cleanser is very gentle on the skin and always brings me back to a normal state. After I experiment with something that I hope takes care of my acne and it doesn't work Cetaphil has been my fall back for the last 2 years. If you wear makeup it may take a few washes to get off but its worth it because it does not strip your skin and leave it feeling dry. Cetaphil is a staple!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Santino19

A Classic ! Great product for combination oily (t-zone) skin - takes off all my makeup & doesn't leave me feeling mositure deprived. I don't think however people with combination dry skin should try this - might leave you a little on the dry side. The only con: not a fan of the smell & wished it came with a pump !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Kimmy3Girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser is pretty damn good. I only took a lippie off because I don't really think it removes makeup that well. But other than that it's great. I have combination skin. Its oily, dry, prone to acne n clog pores. so I need something that will really cleanse and help with the oiliness and something that is nice and gentle for my dry slightly sensitive skin. This is it! I don't think I will change to anything else now. The gentle cetaphil cleanser seemed too..gentle, didn't do enough, and my old fave, neutrogena oil free acne wash was too drying. Recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by curlygurl

I have oily/ combo skin, so I tried this instead of the regular cetaphil cleanser first. This dried out my skin terrrrribly within a week. It removes makeup well though. It also dried out my hands and my lips really badly. I am using Retin A Micro but my skin still gets oily in my Tzone throughout the day; this isnt a cure though. Very, very, very drying- even on oily skin. I switched to the regular Cetaphil which seems to remove makeup and cleanse just as well.