Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Well, i think my search may be over in the cleansing department of life lol. I have used many body washes in the past not realizing that though they said moisturizing they were HORRIBLY drying esp one with sodium/ammonium laurel/laureth sulfates. I think they caused alot of acne and dryness and didnt allow the skin to heal properly from wounds. Anyway, I started to stick to an Aveeno facial wash which did contain sulfates but seemed gentle but rather drying for my face and Irish Spring with Aloe for my body which is gentle enough( very mild scent, not drying) but my Aveeno ran out on me and i had nothing to wash my face with and I resorted to a bar of pink Dove my mom had and I think this s it for me. Cheap, non drying but you still feel clean, smells so pleasant and seems perfect for washing my body with! I love the idea of using the same product for face and body, no parabens etc. I LOVE DOVE! , will update if i change my mind....

on 8/28/2007 11:33:00 AM

I LOVE this Dove bar! I have mild acne around my chin/jaw area, along with some scars... This stuff has cleared up all my acne and is now clearing all those scars up too! I actually left the house with NO makeup on (which for me was never possible) and actually was asked why i look so good! Try this stuff! Give it 2 weeks (probably less) and you will notice a difference not just in texture, but overall clarity.
I am the girl who loves makeup and bath products.. I never cared how much it cost as long as it worked. Well, for $1.29-$2.00 (for pack of 2 bars) this is the only thing I will ever wash my face with again! Cheap and SUPER effective. Doesn't leave any area on my face dry or itchy. No breakouts either. :) Just clean confident skin.

TRY IT!! and let me know your results... LittleL07@yahoo.com

on 8/17/2007 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i adore this, i use this to wash my body AND my face every single time i shower. it leaves skin clean and moisturized and is gentle on my face, doesn't dry it out or irritate it, and smells so clean and heavenly. my mom has used this forever and it's all i'll use in the shower after trying many, many body washes and blah blah blah, i still love my Dove ;D i also really like the green bar w/the little exfoliation beads. besides, there's a reason it's a classic (because it's great!).

on 8/15/2007 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

why on earth would anyone even think of buying anything else?

on 8/11/2007 8:22:00 PM

My family and I live and breathe this beauty bar. It cleans gently and effectively (face and body) and is not at all irritating for even the most sensitive parts. It even removes eye makeup. Lately, I've been using Bliss Fabulous Foaming Cleanser for my face as I like the exfoliation, but Dove bars always sit on my sink and are frequently replaced. I certainly can't say I like other Dove products, or their advertising, which I find patronizing in the extreme.

on 7/29/2007 8:01:00 PM

I've got combo skin that tends to have about 1 breakout nearly all the time (boo hoo!) and I've never had any trouble with Dove's original beauty bar. It does a great job of removing all of my make-up and doesn't dry my skin out. Plus, since its so cheap, you can stock up and keep a bar in every shower/sink! I've re-purchased this many times over. Simple but effective. :)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Absolutely love this bar! I use this with a bath poof and it's amazing. Cleanses thoroughly while still leaving my normal/dry skin soft and wonderful. It's gentle enough that I use it on my face as well when I'm in the bath. Absolutley no film, just perfectly clean and soft skin. And it has a lovely scent. I simply adore this bar and would recommend it to everyone.

on 7/25/2007 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Is it possible to give this a +1000!?!? I just used it on my face and it makes Clinique look like crap! Jesus. I had 2 pimples (which is a lot for me) and I used this, the next day they were practically invisible!!! Made my skin look umm... RADIANT?! It's perfect- not to mention DIRT CHEAP! Who needs expensive skincare when you have this HG?!

UPDATE: I'm just loving this even more and more. What else can I say? Don't even concider anything else girls, This and some olive oil is all you need for skincare! That's what I'm doing right now and my skin has never looked better. I've wasted so much time and money on expensive skincare and I'm punching myself for not making this great discovery sooner. This is my desert island worthy product.

on 7/24/2007 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Okay, I am all about the classics. But Dove just didn't do it for my face. It must be my skin, but after a month of icky pimples popping up where I had just cleared them up, I decided it was time to move on. I did, however like the scent and still use it for my body. It reminded me that I used to use it as a little girl at my grandmother's house.

As it goes, I recommend everyone try this product. Those of you who are lucky enough to be able to use it, man you guys have a steal! It is relatively inexpensive and no nonsense. For now, and probably until I'm 80, I stick with Purpose and Cetaphil.

on 7/24/2007 5:51:00 PM

Dove soap is the only soap bar i will use! it smells fresh and familiar ( i somehow find the smell of dove very comforting!) and leaves my skin sooooo soft! i use it at night to wash my face and remove make-up, it soothes my combination skin, and leaves it feeling really clean... can't go wrong with this classic!

Popular Gels/Soaps