Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 11/4/2007 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Its a soap and as far as soaps go its pretty moisturising. However nothing brilliant. But then i prefer showergels. It does have a really nice fresh scent and is good value for money

I have used many of Dove's products in recent years, especially their Nutrium bath bar. I have very sensitive, somewhat dry, very breakout prone skin, and it is difficult to find something to keep me blemish-free while not drying me out. I have used TONS of products, from Neutrogena to Dermalogica to ReVive and La Prairie, and still have not found one that creates that careful balance. After reading the reviews for this product that has literally been around forever, I was hopeful. Long story short, it dried my skin to a itchy, flaky pulp. The scent is great (very comforting) and it does a decent job on my body, but for the face, not such a good idea. Not sure if it made me break out even more or get rid of breakouts, but it definately did not keep the moisture in balance. Worth a shot, but not a 2nd chance :)

on 10/21/2007 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Years have gone by, lots of body washes, shower gels and other "moisturizing" bars have entered the market. But, in my opinion, none of them can compare to Dove Beauty Bar. It is second to none. While I would not think of using this on my face given I have oily facial skin that can be acne-prone, this stuff is exceptional and the moisture lasts all day long on me. And the fragarance should be bottled and sold! I am still puzzled & amazed that Dove will not use this scent in the lotions they have put on the market...Anyway, Dove Beauty Bar is an extremely affordable luxury in my opinion -- a spa in a box for less than a $1 per bar...

on 10/15/2007 6:08:00 PM

I had used lots of body washes and "nice smelling" products in the shower before. When going to a derm for acne he reccomend I try this. I didn't like it on my face, but I LOVE it as a body cleanser. I'm finding my skin to be more and more sensitive. This does a great job at cleaning, no breakouts on my back (only a couple if i ever had any), and moisturizes!!
I will continue to buy this and perhaps try the sensitive skin bar since i have a couple lying around as well!

on 10/14/2007 7:12:00 PM

Its pH7, so thats excellent for my ace. It cleans my face and body well. It can be dry for my skin sometimes, but then I just put on more moisturizers afterwards.

on 10/12/2007 7:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

My mom loves these. I buy them to put in with the Christmas, mothers day, or birthday gifts I buy for her. They have such a great smell, I can always smell the giftbags that I fix up for her when I walk near them. I only wish I could use the Dove bars, but even the sensitive skin ones can give me itchy skin so I have to stick to other mild brands of soap, so I will still buy them again, just for mom!

on 10/3/2007 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Dove Beauty Bar is a wonderful cleanser for both the face and body. The scent is just lovely; clean and soft. It quickly lathers up to lots of foamy bubbles and feels soothing on my skin. I love the way this gently cleanses my skin without drying and it also cleared up the small bumps on my skin. The skin on my body can get really sensitive, itchy and irritated, but this really helps to nourish and soothe it; leaving it feeling refreshed and calm. It really helps to follow up with some good body lotion after a shower; I use Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion. For my face and neck, I use either Trilogy or Dr. Hauschka. This routine always keeps my skin looking healthy and feeling balanced all year round.

on 9/25/2007 7:48:00 AM

My husband and I were die-hard shower gel users for the longest time...all bar soaps seemed so drying, and I've tried everything from Lush to cold-processed soaps that were purported to be "ultra-moisturizing" but just made my skin hurt. When my husband had an eczema flare-up recently, we got this beauty bar on the recommendation of his doctor. I tried it in the shower and loved it all over again--this was the only soap my mom ever kept in the house when we were growing up. The scent is a departure from all of the fruity and foody shower gels I'm used to, but it is so comforting and best of all, it sticks to your skin unlike all of the ridiculously expensive Lush soaps. I'm also able to use it on my face with no problems, although I do use a different cleanser at night to remove makeup. It hasn't magically cured my husband's eczema, but it doesn't dry his skin or cause flare-ups, so we will definitely keep these bars stocked up in our house.

Well, i think my search may be over in the cleansing department of life lol. I have used many body washes in the past not realizing that though they said moisturizing they were HORRIBLY drying esp one with sodium/ammonium laurel/laureth sulfates. I think they caused alot of acne and dryness and didnt allow the skin to heal properly from wounds. Anyway, I started to stick to an Aveeno facial wash which did contain sulfates but seemed gentle but rather drying for my face and Irish Spring with Aloe for my body which is gentle enough( very mild scent, not drying) but my Aveeno ran out on me and i had nothing to wash my face with and I resorted to a bar of pink Dove my mom had and I think this s it for me. Cheap, non drying but you still feel clean, smells so pleasant and seems perfect for washing my body with! I love the idea of using the same product for face and body, no parabens etc. I LOVE DOVE! , will update if i change my mind....

on 8/28/2007 11:33:00 AM

I LOVE this Dove bar! I have mild acne around my chin/jaw area, along with some scars... This stuff has cleared up all my acne and is now clearing all those scars up too! I actually left the house with NO makeup on (which for me was never possible) and actually was asked why i look so good! Try this stuff! Give it 2 weeks (probably less) and you will notice a difference not just in texture, but overall clarity.
I am the girl who loves makeup and bath products.. I never cared how much it cost as long as it worked. Well, for $1.29-$2.00 (for pack of 2 bars) this is the only thing I will ever wash my face with again! Cheap and SUPER effective. Doesn't leave any area on my face dry or itchy. No breakouts either. :) Just clean confident skin.

TRY IT!! and let me know your results... LittleL07@yahoo.com