Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 6/11/2007 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

white bar--I love this this bar! I was scared to use a bar on my face but, I did. It felt squeaky clean. At first I thought I felt a film onmy face but I now (after usng it for a week) realize that it is moisterized. It is also TOMT right now & it is doing an excellent job at maintaining my combo skin. It is summer & doing well taking care of oily skin I will try the winter to see how it does. I will definetly buy agin & for $.99 I can't beat it. I got mine in the sample isle at Target & it is just the right size I need for washing my face. I think the regular one would be too bulky for a quick wash.
UPDATE: Winter & this bar do not work together. I got very dry this year & needed a cream cleanser so I got Aveeno & am hapy w/it. I will keeo this bar for sure for the summer. I would like it to come w/ a small soap holder as part of it's pacckaging but I guess I can't have everything, lol.

I must have really sensitive skin, because the dove cream bar, just like any other soap (gel, bar form, whatever), dries out my skin. I wouldn't dream of using it on my face, and I actually don't think I have used it on my entire body, just my hands. It's a typical wash basin soap here.

Drying is such a big no-no, but I decided to give it a two because I like the design of the bar and because it's so democratic in price.

on 6/4/2007 8:47:00 PM

I like this soap. It really makes a difference in the softness of my skin.

on 5/31/2007 8:24:00 AM

I use soaps in the shower only and never on my face (previous experiments didnt yield desired results :)) or hair (scary!!)... On the other hand, my husband is an all-soap-only type of person and nothing can take him away from his Irish Springs but this winter I MADE him use dove as a bath soap... After a few (ignored) protests, we both found that Dove works great for us... Also, it holds its texture even after a few days... So no complaints... Incidentally, I do like the Dove signature fragrance...

on 5/26/2007 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have dry skin and it really helps to prevent dryness I usually get after a bath/shower. The DOVE soaps before used to melt and lose its shape when i used them, but the ones now don't do that. I love the fragrance and it is really gentle on my skin.

on 5/26/2007 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I LOVE my Dove! I have been using dove for about 8 years and I couldn't live without it. I have very sensitive normal skin and there are only a couple things I can use to wash my face that don't give me a rash or breakout and Dove soap is one of them. I love the fact that my face feels clean and moisturized after I wash and it rinses clean too. I use it morning and night all year round from head to toe and my skin is very clear and soft. Dove's my staple for life!

on 5/24/2007 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is so gross! read the ingredients..um...no...I don't think so! not on my face! I'm pretty much hooked on homeade soap now simply because I can't handle the chemicals in INDUSTRIAL soaps.

on 5/8/2007 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

On recommendation of my skin Dr. I have been using Dove Soap to wash my face 2x a day. I have been also using Retin A for almost 20 years--- and, yup the same Doc said Dove is the best ( mild) cleanser to use. I love the smell of the original Dove, but the new green Cool moisture is a close second favorite.

on 4/14/2007 10:38:00 PM

smells great and is very moisturising when ur using it...when after shower, my skin was really dry. but would buy it again as its cheap and lathers pretty well

on 4/13/2007 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love love love love this so much! And I don't even like using soap in the shower! I never have! It dries me out, I feel flaky and grimy! So why am I loving this so much?? Bought this on an impulse after reading reviews here and I'm really glad I did. I have never felt so soft for such a cheap price in all my life! There's no need for me to use a moisturiser after stepping out of the shower as my skins as clean and well-nurished as I could possibly hope for. This soap has such a nice creamy lather to it that even beats any shower gel I've tried (including dove ones)! I find the scent to a lingering one, but it's calming and innocent and soapy ivory happy joy. Yes, that's how much I like it. Occassionaly will mix things up with some Lush body butters (good exfoliaters) but this is my new HG and a new staple to my bathroom.