Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 4/5/2013 8:00:00 AM

After reading the above reviews I decided to give this one a try , I got it on sale at sears
I didn't care for the tube and your really don't get much for your money . It did hold a curl and gave my lashes volume , nothing special. It is very hard to remove and I spent so much time taking it off . I wouldn't repurchase again .

on 4/4/2013 10:59:00 AM

My former HG mascara was Covergirl LashBlast, but I swear over the last few months the formula has changed. Call me crazy, but it seems to be flakey and smudge a lot now. So I picked up The Rocket and was really impressed. It gives great volume and length, holds a curl well, and is jet black. Removal is a little difficult, but I find that using Dove soap and then a make-up remover wipe works just fine. I like to layer this over Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes and I get perfect, thick, long, and separated lashes that last all day long.

on 4/3/2013 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Pros

- no flaking
- no smudging
- holds curl

Cons

- no volume
- clumped

Comments: Well, at least it doesn't flake. I didn't notice any volume and it clumped easily. The formula isn't too wet or dry, which is nice. It just didn't provide me with the results it should've.

Will not repurchase.

on 4/2/2013 10:41:00 PM

I saw my sister using this product and I ABSOLUTELY loved what it did for her eyelashes! I bought myself one and I LOVED the volume. However, after the first use, I was greatly disappointed. In trying to remove the product, I removed quite a few of my lashes! I'm so disappointed :( It is a great concept, however, horrible for removal. My sister and myself stopped using this product after two applications. Greatly disappointed in Maybelline. Not investing money in this again.

I looovvve this mascara! I used to use high end brands of mascara but replacing them every couple of months was becoming costly! I have a problem with panda eyes so i am always shy about trying new mascaras. I had been previously using l'oreal 4d lash architech as i love loads of lashes and then on the bottom lashes i used Bourgeois volume clubbing mascara as this is a budge-proof formula that avoids any smudging i usually get underneath. A friend recommended rocket express to me and, yes, i am now totally converted! Its gives instant volume, length, no clumping, dries pretty fast and guess what? No smudges! I can even use it on bottom lashes so saves me using 2 mascaras! Its also easy to remove unlike volume clubbing mascara. If im going to be picky about this the only downside is the brush is quite thick so it is abit tricky to really get into the inner corners without poking yourself in the eye! But with holding the brush verticly, using the tip of the brush and a gentle 'wiggle' you can get the job done. This is a great product that does what it says and is good value for those on a budget:)

on 4/1/2013 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this mascara in December so I've had it for a good amount of time. I'm writing this review upon tossing the tube of mascara.

Personally, I did not find this mascara to be all that stellar. You have to work with the brush a certain way and you have to be very very fast or else the mascara will dry on your lashes and start to clump up. I didn't like the formula or the brush.

When I had time to play with the brush and what technique to use to get decent lashes, the mascara wasn't too bad. But I'm always on the go and I like to swipe on a few strokes of mascara and have it come out looking great.

What did I like about the mascara? The colour. It was nice and superdark exactly the way I like my mascara.

This was a decent mascara, but I've tried others that are much better. I will not be repurchasing this mascara.

on 4/1/2013 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I got this mascara a few days ago and I'm liking it so far. It holds up a curl decently for me and it stays almost perfectly throughout the day, which is good even though it takes a bit of work to remove. It lengthens as well as volumizes, but it doesn't give as much volume as I hoped. The brush is also a little hard and it takes a while to get used to, especially for the lower lashes because of the size. Overall, this mascara is decent for it's price and it gets the job done.

on 4/1/2013 1:52:00 AM

Loveeee this. Makes your lashes Super dark, voluminous, and long. However it is a bit clumpy after a few coats and it is also harder to remove than a regular mascara.

on 4/1/2013 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

At first I really liked this product. It really defined and lengthened my lashes although I didn't feel like it did much for thickening and volumizing.

However, I'm surprised that more people did mention this in their reviews but it is extremely difficult to get off!!! It makes your lashes hard as hell and the removal is 10x worse than a waterproof mascara. For this reason alone, I would not repurchase.

the brush is terrible. all the adverts for it mention 'no clumps' which is complete crap because the bristles are so short loads of product is applied to the lashes and you are unable to comb it out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials