September 16, 2014 | 1475 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by dardarthvader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When something is intensely labeled as, "Rocket Volume" you better hope I'm getting just that. Unfortunately, for my taste, it did not. It's not a bad mascara, it just didn't volumize as much as I'd hoped. However, it does add length and doesn't clump at all. There is also a lot of product in here especially with the convenient price and dries within a good amount of time.

Because it dries quickly enough so you don't have to wait a lifetime before blinking but dries slow enough to layer on, I use this to layer on with other mascaras I have. I must say that the brush really declumps so I use it as the first coat and the last coat of my mascara routine. If you like loads of volume such as I, I'd reccomend using this with two of your favorite mascaras along with a mascara primer. Helps a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by AlliBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

THIS IS AMAZING<3 I cannot even express to you how much I love it. ONE COAT is enough!! I used to use the falsies, pretty decent..but this...! IS WOOONNNDDDEERRFUULLL<3 No smears whatsoever, no clumps at all, and you dont even need a mascara primer!! Its my love<3 (I know, I'm a sad child) Definately my go-to mascara(: GO BUY!!!!<3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Decent overall and I'm very critical of mascaras. Generally, I don't care for Maybelline mascaras. But, The Rocket pulled me in by the 80s flashback cobalt blue and hot pink tube. My lashes: Short, thin, curled but lots of them. My mascara needs: Must be able to pack on multiple layers to create drama. I like big thick volume - false lash effect. Must not clump. Must not flake. Must separate. Must not weigh curl down. The Rocket does a pretty good job meeting all of my mascara needs. I was able to layer about 5 coats before it started to get clumpy. Also, it did not flake or smudge during a night out and walking from bar to bar on a very cold snowy night. My eyes did water while I was out in the cold and my mascara didn't smudge at all. This will not give you any length though. So, my HG mascara is still Prestige My Biggest Lashes because it does everything The Rocket does plus give decent length. But, I stll do enjoy using The Rocket.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

Dear God...clump city!! I have bought this and used it three times. All three times, the clumps were bad enough that it felt like tugging through a layer of tar with my clean spoolie to get rid of them! On the upside, once I take five minutes to make it look halfway decent, there's no flaking or smearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mswalker225

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT, AND I MUST SAY I HAVE TRIED MASCARA FROM SEPHORA, ALL DIFFERENT TYPES OF BRANDS, AND THIS MASCARA IS GREAT!! no product is perfect, but for the price, which i got it at target best place to buy makeup, that this mascara works better than any 20 dollar mascara, so yes im gonna stop wasting my money on expsinsive mascara and just stick to this!! I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT, AND IT FEELS GREAT TO FIND A MASCARA THAT I LOVE. FINALLY!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

This mascara is WOOONDERFUL! It creates volume, color, and length, which is very important for me because I have stubby eyelashes. I got this is the Waterproof formula. It is a bit hard to remove, but just use makeup remover and a little elbow grease and you'll be okay ;) I will repurchase this, and also the packaging is ADORABLE! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by BurberryBrit89

I'll be going back to Mega Plush. Way too much mascara comes out on this brush, causing a lot of clumping. The formula seems much more wet than Mega Plush also.

I really do like the end results, the waterproof formula really seems to hold a curl like crazy, but I just don't have the time or patience to try to de-clump my lashes with 2 other mascaras in the morning lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by FabApocalypse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this as it was rather pushed on me by the salesgirl, but hey we all have to make a living. On me it was kind of time consuming to apply as not much happened with the first coat and it needed building.

Once on, it looked okay, but not spectacular as you would have thought from the sales pitch. It stayed on well - no smudges or flakes over a long day (I bought the waterproof version as I kept getting caught in the snow). When it was time to remove it, though, it was a nightmare. Just would not shift, and trying made my eyes sore.

So won't be buying this one again. On me, I've had better effects and performance from a recent discovery, Boots Natural Collection mascara at 1.99, which makes this Maybelline look overpriced even with the launch offers about at the moment.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by TrinaBee

I love this mascara but in order to get that fake lash look you really do have to apply so much! It gives you amazing thick lashes but you have to apply so much that it is so hard to remove! I am using makeup remover and I still have troubles so it's good for going out but not for every day unless you have a strong makeup remover. Wears almost like waterproof mascara. Removed one lippe for that :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Bindu2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

*Waterproof* version bought. I have to say I really love this mascara! Its my new holy grail! Max Volume, doesn't flake, not too dry formual and easily removed. Love it!