November 29, 2014 | 962 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

For a while now, Iíve been a loyal and happy user of Max Factor mascaras, which to me, are close to perfection (namely Masterpiece Max and False Lash Effect). However, I casually happened to stray to the Maybelline counter, and the new Rocket Volumí Express started screaming my name. I had to give it a go. Easy decision, since Iíve had good experiences with Maybelline mascaras too.

First of all, I love the super-bright, almost 80s style colouring - bright blue and pink. But itís whatís on the inside that counts. The large rubber-bristled brush is pretty close to that of False Lash Effect, my favourite. So I mastered it instantly. Rocket provides an amazing amount of length on first application. Volume follows with subsequent layers (no more than 2-3 though, otherwise it gets clumpy). It stays and stays without smudging or flaking. I do have one negative comment though, and thatís about the removal process. This mascara gets VERY messy during removal, and spreads all over. Thatís a drag. But otherwise, great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by JessPotter

Love Rocket Volum'! This is by far my favorite Maybelline mascara. It is also my favorite drugstore mascara. I do think this is more lengthening than volumizing, though. Also, when they say black, they mean it! One of the blackest mascaras I have tried, which I love. The only thing is that the brush is quite pointy, and hurts my top waterline when I try to get close to my roots. Nevertheless, I will be repurchasing when it runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought Maybelline Rocket Volume Express in non-waterproof black. Rocket mascara applies to the lashes easily but I needed more than one coat to achieve at least a moderate degree of volume. This mascara dries very quickly - maybe too quickly - as you may see for yourself, particularly if you are the type (like myself) who tends to reapply mascara throughout the day. The layered coats of too-dry mascara begin to come loose as the day progresses, unexpectedly, in semi-hard little clumps. You know, maybe Maybelline ought to add a disclaimer to the packaging; I don't know, something along the lines of, "Use at Your Own Risk; beware of Falling Rocks." Removing the non-waterproof mascara is easy enough, but don't even think about leaving Rocket on overnight or your lashes will be raining "little Rockets"all day long.
Here's another weird thing about Rocket Volume: When you first remove it with water (or mascara remover) it slides off in separate blobs of black goo which then break down into lots of little specks that look disturbingly like fungal spores. Enough said; this is one freakish mascara that I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by stephuuhnee

When I first found out about this product, I watched a lot of reviews about this mascara on youtube. A lot of people said that the mascara was really good and some of the videos I watched disagreed. So, i decided to try it out for myself. It's not too expensive, then again the Maybeline mascaras aren't expensive. i was really pleased with this product. oh and I have to say that I purchased the waterproof formula at Walmart for around $6.50. This product gives me a lot of length and I really love how it makes my eyelashes look. Also, it does give me the right amount of volume. :)

BUT the downside is that the product is a little messy to put on and it is such a hassle to take off. I even bought the maybeline waterproof eye make up remover and it's still hard to remove. Even if you try to put on this mascara as clean as you can, it will always get messy, so get your cotton swabs and eye make up remover ready to clean those eyelids!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Alexeyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i LOVE this mascara! It really give that volume and it separates every lashes ! It doesn't get clumpy at all it's just awesome. You have to apply several coats but it's worth it :) I recommended it to all of my friends

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

One of my new faves!!!!

I've pretty much used and tried all of Maybellines mascaras and so far this one has been my top favorite! Zero clumping and lots of fullness and volume to my lashes!! I even had someone ask me if I had false eyelashes on lol

Update on 5/10/13-
I love the brush but I'm finding the formula dries out super fast =(

I think I'll clean & keep the brush and stick with the Colossal one that formula does dry out like this one does.

* 1 lippie for the formula and 5 lippies for the brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by DrTierraFierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive worn almost all of the Maybelline mascaras, great lash, falsies, the mega plush, illegal length, colossal cat eyes and out of all of those mascaras, the rocket volume express is by far my most favorite mascara. It gave me not only great volume, but a lot of it. It looks as if I have false lashes on and I am so in love, this will be my new mascara period along with the great lash to give me length. I will be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by mariesarah53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Worst mascara I've ever used. Sure it gives volume, but at the expense of extremely clumpy, caked-looking lashes. It's hard to work with, and the wand really hurts your lashline when applying it. Spend your $$ on something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by macmaniac43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually HATE maybelline mascara. I dont know why, but ive just had such bad luck with every single mascara I've tried from them. Actually thats a lie, i sort of liked the lashblash24hour. But anyways, the rocket is my new HG mascara. One coat is great, two coats is fabulous, and three coats is AMAZING!!!!!! Such an excellent purchase, and i WILL be repurchasing over and over again. Does not smudge, lasts all day, fairly easy to get off, and very black!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by chouinardamber

I am a big mascara junkie and I'm pretty picky about which I use. I really love the volume and length I got from this mascara, it makes my eyes pop out a lot, my eyelashes are naturally a brown-ish shade and this makes them jet black. I probably won't purchase again just because it's not the easiest to wash off, and I just have other mascaras that I prefer over this.