August 1, 2014 | 1746 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by pln315

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim since I'm always up for trying a new mascara. It doesn't rival my HG, but overall I am pleased with it. It gives my lashes decent volume and I haven't had any problems with clumping. I will most likely purchase it again, especially since it's such a great bargain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gives perfectly separated nice black lashes. I like it and am not disappointed at all. I like the wand, I like the fact that it is stiff and the actual brush doesn't wobble while applying because then you can really build the lashes or just have a thin coat depending on what you want to do with it. Washes away easily as well. Good product. Would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked this stuff but unfortunately I am allergic to it just like some other maybelline products. It gives a lot of drama length and fullness holds a curl and if you use the brush right it doesn't clump.

Cute packaging and it has a spiky brush similar to lash blast. The effect reminds me of loreal million lashes but less clumpy.

Application was a bit messy bc it is a liquidy formula and a big brush but I didn't think removal was so difficult like other people said. The effect is kind of like a more dramatic colossal but different formula.

I was excited to find a new hg to replace my colossal which I like a lot but isn't as dramatic as I would want. But this irritates me so no win.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lovesyndrome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't planning on trying this mascara, but my coworker was talking about getting this mascara and there was BOGO 50% at Rite Aid, so I figured I would pick it up. Lo and behold, it's kind of my new favorite mascara. The best quality of it is that it holds a curl so well. I never even used to care about a mascara holding a curl before, but I really see the difference it makes when I wear this mascara. Keeps my eyes looking nice and open for my whole work shift (10 hours), haven't had a problem with smudging, and lengthens and thickens well. No clumps. They just make my (skimpy Asian) lashes look nice. Even my coworker who is blessed with long gorgeous eyelashes asked me what mascara I was wearing, and she never asks me about my makeup! For reference, my other favorite mascara is Maybelline Full 'N Soft. Sometimes I use these two together.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

SKIP IT. There is too much wrong with this mascara to even bother trying it since there are so many great drugstore mascaras out there that will give much better results.

The look I go for is full and lifted. Lengthining is not as important to me because I wear glasses daily. I need something that is not overly smelly does not make my eye water or make my lashes super crunchy.

I like the shorter wand, I feel like it gives me more control. The problem is that the packaging is that ridiculous last-blast style tube where the handle of the wand is kind of thick and makes it harder to feel like you have a good grip. I guess it is just a personal preference, but I am not fond of the fat, wide tubes that are a trend now.

And the bristles didn't too much to separate my lashes. This is the third of fourth time I've tried one of the newer rubber/spiky type mascara wands and for volume and definition, I still say the old school big fluffly brushes work best.

The formula is really wet and takes a while to try. After 2 coats my lashes looked spidery. Didn't do anything for volume...it only made my eyelashes look blacker and a bit lifted. It smudges too.

I'll be generous and give this 2 lippies since there is no weird scent and it didn't make my eyes water or make my lashes stiff and crunchy. This will be tossed as soon as I get to the drugstore this weekend.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by basketball1

I'm very picky with mascara, I usually dislike maybelline mascaras I find them lower quality than Covergirl. I usually always stick with Covergirl Lash Perfection because I like to put 4 or 5 coats on my lashes and like them not to clump.

Anyways, I tried Rocket Volume Express and like almost every maybelline mascara I have tried, I was disappointed and my lashes were spiders after the third coat. Would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Lilymon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love mascara and always have to try the latest so I picked this up. I really like the brush and formula and how it does give good volume my only problem with it is that I find it hard to remove! Maybe I just need to use a separate remover instead of my usual make up removing face wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by wynterstorm04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! But you have to watch out for the clumps.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought the darkest black & I love it. The price was right & I love the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't like this mascara as I feel the brush hurts my eyes!! It's one of those big hard plastic brushes that seem really sharp. Maybe it's great for people with naturally long lashes, but for me it's like a thousand tiny needles stabbing my eyeline when I try to apply it. I've tried it over mascara primer (Clinique) and still doesn't give a great effect in my opinion and it's a little bit watery. I have very short lashes though. When I apply more than 3 layers it goes clumpy at the ends. I do love the Maybelline mascara in the yellow tube, but I wouldn't buy this one again I'm afraid.