October 26, 2014 | 931 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Xoxchristinaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used cover girl lash blast for years & have sworn by it... However, this has replaced what I thought was the best drugstore mascara. It's similar to lash blast due to the thick plastic brush but the formula is just a lot better. The quality is great. Not for those who like the natural look because it gives a thick, almost false look to lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by shmich75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Happy with the volume this one gives me. I have very fair invisible lashes so I use a lengthener first and top it with this one for max volume

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by OrchidGurl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally Maybelline! Where has this mascara been all my life!?
The first thing I noticed other than the cool blue tube was the brush, it reminded me of CG Lashblast but smaller. Since it is so similar to Lashblast I will venture to say it is WAY better. It shatters the two big issues I have with that mascara 1. too dry 2. not black enough.

I got it home and tore open the package to dip in the wand and see the formula. I was so happy that it had a nice moist consistency without being too wet and is oh so smooth to apply. The color "Blackest Black" is just that, a very nice dark black. The brush separates the lashes very nicely and gives amazing volume with a bit of length but not a ton, that's forgivable though because it isn't marketed as a lengthening mascara. The bristles are sturdy and can work into your lashes to coat them evenly. The mascara wears well all day without flaking or smearing as well.

I absolutely love this mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by boozer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When this first came out I heard so much about it and saw so many good reviews and I finally got it. I would just like to say that I already have long lashes and most mascaras tend to make them look too long or clumpy. When I saw that this just said "volume" in the title I was really hoping that's all it gave, and the results were amazing. I have never used a mascara like this and I love it all around, from the brush to the formula it works wonders with my lashes. Not clumpy at all, and doesn't add too much length making them look beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't had much success with Maybelline mascaras as most of them (especially the volume ones) tend to have a scent that irritates my eyes.

I got this on sale at Superstore as I always love finding bargains and I'm always game to trying out new mascaras.

The brush reminds me of Cover Girl's Lash Blast and Lash Fusion. The formula seems to be the same too, from what I can recall of the CG mascaras.

I need to layer this mascara on top of another defining mascara with the help of a base coat in order to get the 'volume express'. (my lashes are very thin and short)
This isn't a mascara I would use if I'm in a hurry because of the work involved but if I take the time, the results aren't bad. I prefer Definicils and Chanel's Le Volume for those days when I want nice, long and lush lashes and I'm in a hurry.

This mascara can get clumpy if you're zealous in your application. The staying power is great. No smudges, smears of flakes after a full day.

I hope Maybelline doesn't discontinue this product as it's a nice fallback from the high end mascaras I like.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by aythereabigail

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I needed a new mascara and was indecisive between The Rocket and The MegaPlush. I went with the Rocket considering everyone else around me had the MegaPlush. I bought this with positive thoughts in mind, tried it on a liked it in the beginning but in all honestly, this mascara was from Clump City. It made my lashes voluminous at the roots but definitely not as much towards the ends of my lashes. The clumps were at the ends, combining many lashes together. A friend of mine borrowed my mascara and loved it, saying, "Oh, I love it. It doesn't leave me clumps or anything" but I guess it just depends on the person and how they apply it. I would say that it left my lashes at a great length with a beautiful dark, thickness.
Buy it again? Probably not.
Definitely going to try the MegaPlush when I finish this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Jazmixy

I didn't expect much when I bought it. I'm not a big fan of Maybelline, but this one suprised me! I love it how it makes my lashes extra black.The brush is thick and simple. It makes my lashes seem thicker and longer but still very natural. Give it a try, you won't be dissapointed!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i have tried both the waterproof and non-waterproof formula for this... and neither of them impressed me much. given the name of this mascara, i expected it to add at least some volume to my lashes.. but that wasn't the case at all for either versions. the non-waterproof version did add more volume than the wp version... but in a clumpy, spidery, unattractive sort of way that also weighed down previously curled lashes unevenly making them look haywire. the wp version held the curl decently... but provided no real volume, though it did do an acceptable job of separating my lashes. i did find some smudging after 5-6 hours but no flaking. both versions were easy enough to remove, but a pain to apply literally. the bristles on the brushes were pointy... and no matter how gently or carefully i tried to apply the mascara, the wand poked at my lash line. given the short of expectation results i got from this mascara, i found the pain to be totally unnecessary and unworthy.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Twirlybee

I really like the results of this mascara. I have fairly long lashes but i am always looking to darken amd volumize. One coat of this mascara creates a very pretty look that makes your eyes stand out. It clumps a little but no more or less than any other kind i have tried. My one gripe about this stuff is that it is VERY difficult to remove (and I didnt even get the waterproof kind). It doesnt even come off easily with an oil based eye makeup remover. So for that reason I will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Butterflywishx

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! I bought it 5 days ago and am in love with it. I have tried so many mascaras before and this is by far the best! there are two ways to apply it. For a natural clump-free look you need to apply lightly. For the more thick dark lashes move the wand from side-to-side while applying.
I'm quite funny about the smell of mascara. Sometimes mascara can have a horrible stench and its just... disgusting. this mascara doesn't have a 'scent' as such. it smells, yes, but its not strong or horrible so I don't mind it.
I will without a doubt be buying this again. Such a good mascara!