January 30, 2015 | 1542 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by LenneSammy

i simply love this mascara for the big bold lashes look. this has never flaked except maybe one or two flakes rarely. it can look clumpy if you keep adding a ton of coats but there is a happy medium between ust a little and a lot and that created big full lashes. i love this mascara, but i know its not for everyone cause it can look spidery to some.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jeannetteocampo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS IS FOR THE WATERPROOF FORMULA! Before this I used Maybelline's Colossal (Yellow tube) in the waterproof formula. It is my HG. After trying this I think I might have found my new HG!! In order to get a lot of length and volume you have to use multiple coats. I've used 5 coats with NO clumping at all. Just make sure you curl your lashes beforehand. This is kind of a dupe for They're Real for me (but much cheaper!) People have asked me if my eyelashes are fake with this mascara! I love it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by shaunan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this was such a let down!
i have really long eyelashes. but they are a bit thin, so i thought this may be quite good for volume considering the good reviews.
i use bobby brown and mac mascara, but as a means of comparison i have also used covergirl lash blast (the orange tube) in not waterproof.
compared to the lashblast, the rocket sucks so bad.
the rocket it very heavy, and clumps like crazy. it weighed down my eye lashes and made them look so awful.
after reading the other reviews, im guessing this is horrible for people with long eyelashes. lashblast separates, lengthens and makes your eyelashes look beautiful and natural. same price range, but much better quality.

hands down, save your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by arclightlux

Lovely dramatic drugstore mascara! It's very volumizing and gives decent length if you apply one thick coat and can be built up even more if you like very thick mascara-ed lashes. Not amazing at holding a curl, but so few mascaras are :( I've found that if you curl your lashes beforehand, then apply a light coat, you'll have some volume, length and a decent curl :) So a small tradeoff between curl and volume. I still very slightly prefer bristle hair wands, and this one is plastic, but it works lovely still :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by jbraun

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a 70 year old woman & I have used many mascara's over the years. I find the Rocket Volume to be the best I have used in all the years. It makes my eyelashes look thicker & longer. I didn't realize I had lashes this long & thick. I love it because it is so easy to remove with my regular face cleanser. My 14 & 17 year old grand daughters use this product too. The girls are the ones that made me try it & it is great!!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by xhelloxkittyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara! The pros are that it volumizes, cute packaging, separates lashes, and curls them really well. Some cons I noticed is that the brush is really hard and it hurts the first time using it. It also doesn't give as much length as I want. But this is a good mascara for the price and I will be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I prefer brushes that are not plastic/rubbery or big like this one (which is why I never purchased CG's LB despite the raving reviews).

However I found that after about a week of using it, it's very nice and could possibly be my new HG mascara.

Note: I am Asian and have the typical stubby/short (almost invisible!) lashes. Also, my current HG is Maybelline's Colossal. With that said...

Pros:
- Lengthens amazingly, moreso than my HG
- Easier to take off than my HG
- Voluminizes just the same (but it takes more coats)
- No awful/awkward smell.

Cons:
- Big brush. For my small lashes, I find that it gets on my eyes easily
- Works best after it's dried out a weeeee bit (had to wait for about 1-2 weeks before I liked it)
- Irritates my eyes a little bit. It will burn initially, but my eyes quickly get over it.
- I get more volume w/ my HG (but is also a pro because I use this for my casual days)

I will wait to see how it is as the formula gets a little more dry. As of now, I have been using it more than my HG because it is more natural-esque in terms of volume.

So far I like it! Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

(This review is for the regular, non-waterproof version.) This is my new favorite mascara! It seems like I'll find a mascara I really love, stick with it for a few tubes, and then get bored with it and start trying other kinds. It's been a while since I found one I really loved and felt I could stick with for a while, but this is definitely one I'll continue using! I have it in Blackest Black. It really separates, volumizes, and lengthens my lashes without any clumps at all. Doesn't flake off, smear or smudge, and doesn't cause any irritation (I wear contacts). I use Careprost to lengthen my lashes and I never curl them. This mascara holds my natural curl and doesn't weigh them down at all. Good stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by graceeunhyeso

This looked good when I first applied it. It volumized and separated my lashes very well.
But this weighed my lashes down so much that my lashes werent even curled just after about two hours.
And this smudged on me. I havr never used a mascara that smudged on me like this one.
Gave it to my sister because it worked for her.
Maybe it just didnt work with my lashes.
I wouldnt recommend this to people with thin and straight lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by yesecastro

i really was hoping this mascara would be great but it turned out to clump way to much and made my lashes look thin idk why but i barely bought it so maybe it will work im gonna give it a chance