September 22, 2014 | 2049 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by lilsweetchic123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The very second ingredient listed on this product is a pore-clogger. It caused my face to have tons of tiny skin-colored bumps everywhere that w\erent clearing even after exfoliating (using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub). I wouldn't recommend this at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ehkim617

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The product is okay. I find it offers the most coverage with blending in with fingers. I have oily skin, so it faded off of my face within four or five hours. It faded evenly, which is good. I wouldn't recommend for oily skin, but it might be just fabulous for dry skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by missbliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff isn't really a BB cream. It's really a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I have to subtract a lippie for the false advertising.

So as a tinted moisturizer (TM) with SPF, this product works pretty well. The SPF is true broad spectrum 30, which is rare to find in a TM. The SPF derives from titanium dioxide, so it's a nice mineral-based physical block. There is no chalkiness, whiteish cast, or difficulty spreading.

The coverage is ok for me. It evens out the small areas of broken capillaries on my cheeks and it disguises small blemishes. It does not provide adequate coverage for the stupid, evil red area on my chin, but then again most things don't. You'll still need a bit of concealer for the more stubborn spots & larger blemishes. And as this isn't really a BB cream, I still use primer underneath. Great combo though. This plays well with the primer (no balling!) and the two products together make my pores almost disappear!

Overall though this is a great product but Maybelline really dropped the ball. It fills a badly needed drugstore niche - tinted moisturizer that provides adequate *broad spectrum* coverage. All of the other ones are too low with their SPF (15 is not good enough, ladies!), with the exception of Aveeno's, and that one is too...well, go read the reviews of that one. But they had to go and call it a BB cream, which it ain't, and disappoint the hell out of potential fans. Oh well. For $8 you can't beat what this product does offer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Maritxu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice product (although its the very first BB cream Ive ever tried so Im far from being an expert). It has a SPF of 30 which is good enough for summer, matches my skin tone really nicely, looks very natural, easy to apply, blends in well, paraben-free...
On the negative side: its a bit runny and after about an hour my skin gets a bit shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMiztress

I really loved it. It was smooth enough that it went on fine and gave enough coverage that it hid what needed to be hidden.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Katherine2105

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was actually really disappointed with this.
has an orange tinge
doesn't stay
isn't easy to apply/ spread dries fast
white cast
sheer coverage

Sheer coverage isn't exactly a bad thing, but the orange tinge it gave my skin did, it also doesn't apply very nice. This may be nice to put on under foundation for people with dry skin but on it's own I thought it made my skin look unhealthy. Far prefer Skin 79 bb cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sunsetsunrise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This BB cream is a life saver to me.. On mornings that I'm in a rush and don't feel like going through my foundation routine (and on days that my skin has minimal blemishes) I apply this BB cream. After I apply it, I just add a bit of concealer on areas that need extra coverage, and then my face is set!
This product has very light coverage, so it's natural looking, & makes my skin super smooth and very soft. It's great for everyday use, and it's so easy to apply; almost foolproof. I find it very lightweight and moisturizing, so sometimes I skip my moisturizer all together.

Great value for its price, and I love how easily accessible it is to buy- I buy mine at Shopper's Drug Mart!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by VintageBeauty427

This is an OK product!

CONS:
1)Packaging...yes it's in a squeezy tube..but FYI:IF YOU THINK YOU RAN OUT OF PRODUCT,CUT OPEN THE TUBE! YOU STILL HAVE SO MUCH PRODUCT LEFT! D:
2)I got the shade medium...but I believe the spf 30 made my face look like I got light!
3)SMELL! It smells like old sunscreen!
4)A bit thick! Not a fan of the consistency!

Pros:
1)Light coverage! Perfect for teens like myself! :)

Will not be buying again...but will be my backup bb cream!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my first BB cream and I liked the light coverage and the way it felt on my skin, but the color was too orange and enhanced my redness. I ended up purchasing Smashbox's BB Cream, which performed as well as the Dream Fresh, but the color was light years better than the Dream Fresh. However, the price is just too high for what it is, and I probably won't repurchase that one either. If only Maybelline would expand their color range, or at least make the colors less orangey, I would repurchase. I ended up trashing this, which I hated to do, but I couldn't go on wearing it. The search continues...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyLynne87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Feels nice on the skin, not to sticky or greasy. Blendable, but not the product you want if you're looking for coverage.