October 22, 2014 | 1824 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by JMBeauty21

I LOVE this palette! I like it so much more than the original! I know a lot of people disagree but I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this may be premature because i only bought the palette this morning but so far i'm in love, I actually preferred the packaging on the original naked palette, i find that this packaging is more secure, but you have to press it closed at 3 places on the palette for it to fully close. Love the colors so far. will update if anything changes

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'd give this 3.5 lipsticks rather than 4 if I could.
I have and adore the original Naked palette, although it was a tad warm for my skintone. When this cooler one came out I was all over it. The shades are beautiful, but I find it hard to put a full look together with this one. There are 2 highlight shades (which is plenty), 8 crease wash shades, and only 2 colours dark enough for the outer V. Like, the colours are beautiful but there aren't as many "full looks" you can create as there are in Naked 1- in that palette the full looks you could do were endless. That said, the shades that are included are gorgeous and high quality (although not all are as buttery soft as they were in Naked 1)
On to packaging: I prefer the old packaging, even though the lettering is flaking off. This packaging is pretty, but clunky and not easy to hold. Your thumb will smuck up the mirror when you hold it (although the mirror is nice and large) and when you close it, you have to clunk both ends into place; they don't just snap into place on their own.
The brush included is crap, which was disappointing because so many reviews said it was nice. The shader end was utterly useless (didn't pick up colour) and the blending end was poor at best. I have to go over it all again with my MAC brushes every time I try to use it. It's too plasticky and synthetic to pick up or blend colour. I have some synthetic brushes and all are better than this.
The lip gloss included is a beautiful shade and the formula and flavour are nice.
Overall, it's a decent palette, but if you have to get one of the two, I'd get Naked 1. I also find myself still reaching more for Naked 1 because all the shades I need to create a look are in it. With Naked 2, I usually need to grab shades from other palettes as well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by AhyKayGee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This palette has 9 very pigmented and silky smooth colors. The other 3 are matte colors Blackout, Tease, and Foxy. They are still nice shadows just not as smooth as the rest, and slightly less pigmented but they are very build-able. As I've said Blackout is my favorite matte black shadow. The palette also comes with a mini lip junkie in Naked. It is 3.23ML about 1/3 of the regular sized lip junkies about a $6 value. The gloss has a nice minty scent and flavor and is a pinky neutral color with some shimmer. It is a plumping lip gloss so it has a slight cooling and tingling feeling. The last item included is double sided shadow/crease brush. I use this brush everyday to do my makeup and it does an excellent job. Both brushes alone cost $26 making the brush alone worth around $52 makes the extras alone worth more than the price of the palette! The case is very sturdy, has a large mirror, and is good for traveling.

I have not yet tried the first Naked palette but I do plan on it soon and assume I am going to love it just as much as this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although I wouldn't trade my Naked pallette nor do I regret buying it, I like Naked 2 better for two reasons. You can get cooler looks from this pallette AND the warmer bronzey looks similar (but different) to what you get from Naked. Additionally, the packaging is much better. I dislike the flocking on the initial pallette because it isn't wearing well on the outside. Aside from that, I adore both palettes. The shadows are very high quality with long wear and excellent pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Verondear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't need to buy other eyeshadows with this palette in my possession. I love the neutral colors and use it almost everyday. I love the metal packaging anherons he double brush that came with the palette useful. The lip gloss that came with this palette is also great. It is easy to apply and looks neutral on me.

I'm hoping UD would come up with a matte palette someday, but Naked 2 is my HG for now. :).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Nsilva

I'm generally a really big fan of UD shadows, and am a very satified owner of the original Naked palette. I jumped at the Naked 2 and have had it for about 3 weeks. The color tones in this palette are really up my alley, most are very neutral and some that are overtly cool or warm. I think this palette makes a great smokey eye, especially because of the inclusion of the deepest, matte black (Blackout) I have every used. Overall, this palette is a fantastic value and I believe worth it even if you already have the original Naked.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by rachel90877

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am *in love* with the Naked2 palette. I never purchased the first palette, thinking it mostly hype. Well, once the Naked2 was released, I got caught up in the "I NEED THIS!" and bought it the second time it was in stock. I felt a little buyer's remorse because of the cost, but once I got the palette, I was in love. I've used it every day for over a month. I prefer natural makeup rather than smokey but I feel this palette gives a good smokey eye as well. The formula is excellent and extremely long wearing. It only has 1 sparkley shadow which is good since I'm not a huge fan of the sparkle. The matte and shimmer shadows are incredible. I'm now lemming the first Naked palette. The quality is exceptional and they're worth the pennies!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by csayles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got it!! I was wondering if they were going to come out with another one after the first one and they did. I think I like the 2nd one more then the first because I will use all the shades which are more neutral.

This is a great palette!

Angelclarice

AngelClarice Beauty and Wellness Site http://angelclarice.blogspot.com/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I'm a convert! I saw the original Naked palette and was put off by the dark colours. I have been using the MUA Heaven and Earth Palette for ages - the colour suit me better however they are gritty and can irritate my eyes,

I was skeptical when I received this palette but the colours are wonderful - they work well with my NW20 skin tone (lighter at the minute). They are fool proof - I can even use them and I am very conservative. I love the matte shades and the two dark shades i use as an eyeliner.

I might be able to chuck a lot of my old eye shadows. (Though I'll hold on to my MUA palette!)