Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

4.1

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Propanediol, Triethanolamine, Polyamide-5, Galactoarabinan, Caprylyl Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanediolo, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acacia Senegal Gum (Acacia Senegal), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate. +/-May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 3/4/2012 10:45:00 AM

For $2.99 this Mascara takes the prize for the best product drugstore mascara. I am currently testing about 8 mascaras and out of all of them this is the one product I go for because it volumizes like none of the other ones I have. The want is tight and compact, the formula is dark and doesn't fake. I will say that I will definitively buy this product again.

on 3/4/2012 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I think this is a pretty good mascara, especially for the price. I have thin, kinda wimpy lashes and this did give my lashes quite a bit of volume. I did notice when I put it on my lashes lost most of their curl. Honestly, my lashes never hold a curl which is so frustrating. This mascara stayed on well. It dries pretty fast. If you want multiple layers, you have to be quick. I would buy this again considering the price and how well it does perform compared to other ds mascaras.

on 3/4/2012 3:16:00 AM

LOVE this...I read the reviews and said hey why not it is only 2.99. I'm so glad I did. Its now my favorite.Trying new makeup can get so pricey. I hate buying something then not want to use it. Only con to this product is the wand.It is a bit big and bulky however a few applications and you get used to it an the best way to apply to your eye! Doesn't flake..leave black marks and makes lashes look long and full! I'm hooked!

on 2/26/2012 11:39:00 PM

I've been a faithful Lash Blast user for years, and didn't have any issues with it per se, but just wanted to try something different. I needed/wanted a volumizing, inexpensive, and easily accessible mascara, and this is it. First of all, it's sooo freakin' cheap! Actually, it scares me that it's so cheap, especially b/c it's made in Italy, but it's great for my wallet, so I'm not complaining! :) Second, I love the sleek black tube. The Lash Blast was bulbous, bulky, and Halloween orange, which makes it easily found in a dark makeup bag, but doesn't scream chic. Third, I like the thin, skinny brush (especially after using LB's large, sometimes-gets-mascara-on-my-upper-eyelids, unwieldy one). Fourth, it doesn't smear onto my lower lashline. Fifth, the formula isn't too wet or heavy so it doesn't wilt my curl. The only negative thing I will say about this is if you apply more than 1 coat, it goes from defined and volumized, to clumpy tarantula lashes in a heartbeat, so I'd watch out for that. Otherwise, it's cheap, I can find it at Walgreens, volumizes, doesn't smear, keeps a curl, and comes in a sleek tube. Love!! :) EDIT (4/6/12): After using this for over a month, I have to lower the rating to 2 lippies. This mascara isn't consistent at all - sometimes it applies heavy and clumpy, and other times, it applies dry and brittle. But regardless, it's always flaking. I find tiny black specks throughout my lashes, in my eyes, under my eyes, on my cheeks... soooo annoying! The only redeeming qualities about this mascara are how cheap it is, how it keeps a curl, and how there's ZERO smearing. However, I really can't deal w/ all the flaking... BOO =*(

on 2/26/2012 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been told I should "patent my lashes" and have been asked many times if I have fake lashes. Since I'm asian and it's rare that asian people have very long and curled up lashes. So I don't need much to make them look amazing. I've worn many mascaras from Dior to now Jordana. I read a lot of reviews on MUA raving about this product. I drove to 3 different Walgreens looking for this "cheap amazing mascara". I was so excited to find it, I bought 2. It was okay for day time since I didn't find it very pigmented or very volumizing. I like a dramatic look, esp at night. Lots of people on here said it doesn't smudge, it smudged on me after half an hour. I gave it a few more chances but it didn't make a difference on my lashes but smudge:(

*I'm in the 30-35 age not 36-43 as MUA posted*

on 2/23/2012 6:34:00 PM

Love this mascara! I used to use the YSL Effet Faux Cils mascara but had to put a CG Lashblast on top because YSL was flaking. Decided to try this mascara because of many positive reviews on here. The mascara is $2.99 on the Jordana website, but because I live in Canada I had to pay $16.00 for shipping, so that's the only drawback. I put it on and it's amazing! The mascara is very black and it gives my lashes length like no other! I would purchase this mascara again and again, just buy more next time or find out where it is sold in Canada. Try this mascara, for this price u definatly will not regret it.

on 2/21/2012 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think the reason this mascara works is because it isn't trying too hard. Mascara nowadays is so gimmicky...promising to change your life. This is more like "I am a black goop you put on with a wand, end of story." Yet don't expect an epic fail like Great Lash, this is pretty good stuff. It's about as dramatic as any I have tried and holds my curl about as well as any I have tried (I have tried a lot but mostly drugstore). The bristles are on the shorter side and that seems to be key to the drama and gives more control (Carmindy was right after all). That said, it isn't perfect. It is on the stiff, crunchy side, and it is SO hard to remove that I checked to be sure it wasn't labeled "waterproof." I hate that. If you don't mind having to chisel it off, and you're not afraid of depositing a ton of sooty drama at the base of the lashes and fighting a couple clumps for the sake of thickening, try it.

on 2/21/2012 9:58:00 AM

Love and hate, all wrapped up in one product.

Love: The brush is wonderful. A nice, full brush. It separates my lashes beautifully. No clumps at all. And it makes my lashes look amazing. Very full and feathered. Just beautiful.

But the Hate: Started to smudge within an hour. Went to check a mirror, I had black circles under my eyes, the dreaded raccoon look.(I did not apply this on my lower lashes, only the top) Had to keep wiping under my eyes with q-tips all day until I could finally take it off.

The raccoon problem is a common one for me. If you are a person who never or rarely experiences that problem, then I really recommend you try this. It is very cheap (I paid under $3) and really does make your lashes look amazing. But as for me, well, it's in the trash.

Holy crap, I don't know what the chick reviewing below me is talking about. This stuff is a MIRACLE. I used to wear falsies on an everyday basis because my lashes are so short and wimpy. Then I found this mascara...whoa. Very black, thickens and lengthens extremely well, dirt cheap. Bought 3 tubes on cherry culture for 1.50 each. You can't beat this. HG for sure!

on 2/16/2012 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have purchased this mascara about six times now, which for me is pretty amazing. The first two times I bought/used this, I was completely unimpressed and I tossed it in the trash immediately after trying it. After continuing to read so many positive reviews, I decided to try it one more time and I am SO glad that I did. This mascara is a nice one-coater, which is important to me - I can get away with two if I'm careful. This gives me very black, long, decently volumized lashes. I have a pretty decent amount of lashes but they are short and some stick straight down so I need a mascara that can hold a curl and this one delivers. The curl lasts all day and the formula does not smudge or flake. I have to say that I'm very impressed considering the price of this. I ran out and got my friend, sister and Mom a tube too so I could spread the love.