Maybelline One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil. Simethicone, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Saccharum, Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/ Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract [+/- May Contains: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Oxides, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide] F.I.L. D43811/1

on 4/16/2011 7:58:00 PM

This mascara really works for me to separate my lashes! For only 10 dollars its definitely worth the money. I combine it with a more voluminizing mascara when I go out but I would wear this alone every day. The brush is really cool and catches your lashes separating them really well. The formula is a little bit liquidy which I dont like, but whatever I really like this product. Packaging is bright and cute. I probably will repurchase this, and I like it better then the falsies by maybelline

on 4/16/2011 7:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

let me preface by saying that I am a mascara junkie, yet I don't want to pay a lot for one tube, and I expect a lot out of my mascara. I like length but what good are long lashes if it looks like you only have 3 of them? So I must have volume as well. I want it to hold curl,not flake, clump or smudge. Impossible right?

Not so, I have found this mascara meets my requirements fairly well (not perfect but I ask a lot). I bought this in very black waterproof. The price is good, I got mine on a 40% off sale (so it was even better). Packaging is ok, I don't really care about packaging as long as whats inside works. I love the brush, big rubber brush, it grabs and separates my lashes with no clumps or spider legs. The formula is not to wet or dry, no offensive smell, very black and does not weigh my lashes down after I curl them. No flakes (even after combing through them with a metal eyelash comb) no smudging after a long day (even a nap). it makes my lashes look fuller and a bit longer, so I am happy. I have tried a lot of mascara, (cover girl lash blast, lash blast fusion, full and soft, lash stiletto voluptuous, colossal, stila major lash and lash visor) and this one is my current favorite.

on 4/13/2011 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I loved the brush! Flexible, soft bristles, and very unique, but the formula was awful. I had never tried a Maybelline mascara before and I'm pretty turned off by it. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't prevent this from flaking off. The flakes were so horrible after only 2 hours of use that it looked like I had bags under my eyes. I really wanted to love this product, but the only good thing about it is the brush. I did however, clean the brush and stuck it in one of my Revlon mascaras and it works wonder.

on 4/13/2011 5:26:00 PM

I bought this mascara because I like to try various types of maybelline mascaras and this one had cute packaging. I really like that the wand has a thick brush and separates my lashes. It gives a very natural look for daytime but would not recommend for night time dramatic lashes

on 4/13/2011 4:15:00 PM

Too bad there isn't a 'maybe' on the question, "Would you buy this product again?" The waterproof version of this mascara in the color 'Black' isn't bad (I make this distinction because in 'Brownish-Black' it is kind of bad, going on with a tendency towards thick globs).

The brush is a bit large and doesn't separate lashes well, but in general the mascara goes on pretty easily. I'd rather it had more 'tooth' and grabbed the lashes more quickly, because as it is, a couple of passes are necessary before you get any significant buildup.

It doesn't seem to smudge or flake, but on the whole, I much prefer my old favorite, Maybelline's Waterproof Full 'N Soft in Black. It's superior in every way, from ease of application, to brush size and separation, to endurance.

on 4/12/2011 9:55:00 PM

The colorful packaging sucked me in...and I REALLY did want to love this mascara, but unfortunately it didn't work out. Like other reviewers have said it clumped pretty badly and gave a spider lash effect. Maybe next time, Maybelline.

Good job, Maybelline! I have the non-waterproof black/brown. I have fairly long lashes, but they aren't thick or dark. This mascara makes my lashes fluttery and not clumpy at all. Two coats provides pretty volume and lasts ALL DAY. Added bonus- the color actually makes my eyes look bluer. SCORE. I really hope they never discontinue this. I've tried literally every other Maybelline mascara out there right now and this one is the best!

on 4/10/2011 4:23:00 PM

I got the non waterproof version in blackest black. It separates and lengthens nicely, but I see absolutely no volume even with several coats, which is what I usually look for in a good mascara. It also clumps a little surprisingly, I have to pick through my lashes afterwards to take them out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have pretty thick eyelashes so I was looking for a mascara to help seperate them. I was using falsies but it clumps on me quite a bit n sometimes would irritate my eyes. I like this mascara for everyday, it seperates well but when i want my lashes to look even more thick I use covergirl lash blast fusion with it. I gave it a 3 because it doesn't volumize like it says, but i does awesome at seperating without 3+ strokes. so so, but i still prefer my covergirl lash blast, it's just harder to seperate with that alone.

on 4/9/2011 11:40:00 AM

I really wanted to like this....but I usually don't have problems with mascaras except for this one.
It did nothing for my eyelashes, except make them look kind of spidery...and the waterproof version still managed to smear. It didn't really volumize my lashes either.
Over all it just made my lashes look a bit darker, would not repurchase.