April 17, 2014 | 1981 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by catwhiskers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great brush that absolutely separtes each lash; adds good length and a little volume though not as much as I would like for "going out" but enough for going to work. My teenage daughters love it. Bright pink tube is extra easy to spot in my cluttered makeup drawer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by yourphatness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good mascara. It lengthens, separates well. Gives a little volume too, and looks kinda natural. BUT I still prefer the orange lash blast from cover girl. That one gives waaaay more volume, and looks more dramatic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Walmart today because I had run out of my favorite mascara Maybelline Falsies. This was on sale and cheaper than Falsies so I grabbed this. I love the lash catcher brush. It really work. My lashes are more defined and longer than ever with this mascara. I sometimes get clumps with Falsies, but I do love it. With One By One, I get ZERO clumps. Just perfectly separated lashes which makes it look like I have more lashes and my lashes look longer! I love this stuff. I'm glad I finally purchased it. It caught my eye last time I saw it at Walmart. I'd buy again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara, not love but really like. It's a great pop artish packaging - 5 points there, the brush is also a dream. The lasting power was okay, last about 7 hours do carrying this in your satchel for touch-ups isn't a bad idea. Pair it with the Falsies and you've got a full set of lovely lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by lilmissann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first heard about this mascara through Youtube, so I decided to try it out since a lot of the beauty gurus were raving about it. The packaging is really bright and fun, and I was afraid it was going to be like the other Maybelline mascara "Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal" which I hated, but I was wrong, great mascara. It separates my lashes really good, no clumping, makes them look really long and holds the curl. Although it isn't as volumizing as I'd like, it's still really good and I'm impressed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This does not add volume but does add a little length. The only good thing about this mascara is that is does separate nicely...for that reason, I've been using it as a primer. If you want a natural look, this is good...I like dramatic lashes though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by MACamille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This mascara is the best. But, I must say, I like it more now than I did for the first weeks when I used it. I love this flexible brush, it grabs every lash. This is very buildable on my lashes. I use it just alone and it looks amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by aer0057

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite everyday mascara. It pretty much does all three things I could ever want a mascara to do. It gives me separation, length and volume. The only cons: not black enough, weird rose smell, and tube is a little bulky. Love the brush though.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by jerrbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Definitely up there with my least favourite mascaras of all time.
My lashes look clumpy, and stumpy. Did manage to latch on to every lash, but didn't provide much volume.

Very wet, hard to apply extra coats without clumping.

Just... horrendous really!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I'm a big fan of maybelline mascara's, but I have to say, this is my least favorite. Maybe it was the hype, maybe it's the idea that you're using a new product, but after a week or so, I didn't really enjoy it.

I have the waterproof version of one by one. This mascara def defines every single last. So my long fine lashes are well defined all day. Holds curls very well. (not surprising of maybelline mascaras) But it's a little more wet when I first started using is. So as my day went by, it would leave a little smudge on the bottom of my eye. Not very attractive imo. It's extremely difficult to get off. I had to double my removal - first using an eye make up remover then a gentle cleanser washed off with warm water.

One of the guru's on youtube did a review on it and mentioned how it comes off in little flakes and small pieces. I didn't notice it until I reached the end of my tube. In 2 months, I finished the mascara and removing the mascara was more difficult. It comes off in little black flakes. I mean, at least you see it off your lashes.

Overall, I enjoyed it and I'm glad I tried it. But probably won't be repurchasing