September 30, 2014 | 1333 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by lovelier

I have been using this for about 2 months now and it is the BEST foundation I have used by far. I have combination skin and I have never been able to find a liquid foundation that will hold up on my oily tzone which is why I switched over to powder foundations for almost a year.... until this came out. I was skeptical at first, I had to have the people at the Chanel counter apply it on me TWICE before I purchased it.

I love it so much. It holds up so well on my oily tzone, when usually it would get oily after an hour and I would have to blot. This holds up to about 5-6 hours before its necessary for me to blot. Keep in mind, I do use the Urban De-Slick spray + MAC Prep and Prime face visage w/ SPF 50. Then again, I did this previously with my other foundations and never did it stay oil-free for so long. It evens out my skin like a dream. I have just a few acne scars and some redness but just a little bit of this and my skin is even. I would say it has light-medium coverage. It feels SO LIGHT on the skin which I like because another reason why I switched over to powder is because of how heavy liquid foundation felt. This is super light and it feels like nothing on the skin yet it has decent coverage. It also has not broken me out.

I apply this with a beauty blender and it applies like a DREAM. I find that apply it with your hands and brush just doesnt give the same results. It has a cream like consistency and I use about a pea size amount and that usually covers my face. It does have a slight scent to it but its not overwhelming, its a floral scent. It is 48 bucks CAD but it is the cheapest Chanel foundation and its way cheaper than cult favourites like Nars sheer glow, which I own and it doesnt work as well.

I think this is great for all skin types and it is just as amazing as everyone claims it is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the texture of this and when it first goes on it literally looks like your skin but amazing (and I don't have amazing skin to start with). The failing comes when you're not under natural light as I'm afraid it looks shockingly bad when I'm at work. The first day I was so chuffed with how it looked before I left, but when I popped into the bathroom for a look I looked greasy and flushed, the colour also oxidised at least one shade. Things got progressively worse and I couldn't wait to get it off, however once I got to the car and had a check there it looked great again, the same when I got home! As I'm at work most of the day this just wasn't going to work for me. I tried it out for a full week with consistent results, great in natural light, not great in not natural light.

I also think this may have made my skin break out a little and caused some irritation and redness (I have sensitive, acne rosacea skin that is usually under control). This started to develop after 2 to 3 days but may also have been used by overuse of Flash Balm, which I experimented on days 2-5 to see if it would get this to work. I only normally use flash balm a couple of times a week at the very most (really only when I haven't slept well or am going out), so I'm on the fence with this being the cause.

I desperately wanted to love this as it feels decadent , goes on like a dream and looks wonderful to start, but for the price it's just not going to work for me even as a special occasion thing. I can deal with oxidation but not the rest. I've passed this on to my mum who is totally in love with it, fortunately for her she's a shade darker than me and works in natural light so it always looks great!

I highly recommend trying this if you have normal skin, if you have sensitive skin or rosacea, try a sample first.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by missskerp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It's had a light to medium coverage and only requires a pea-size amount to cover most of my face. Being the age that I am, I'm not a fan of heavy, "foundation-looking" foundations because my face doesn't require that kind of coverage. I just wanted something natural-looking yet with slight coverage that's enough to even out my skintone. This had to be my all-time favorite foundation. The only downside to this foundation was its price. At around ¥5800 or US$45 per bottle (yikes), its definitely not the cheapest of all foundations. Although the price was high, with this foundation, you get what you payed for.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by ritzsanti

I've finally found the perfect foundation! After trying hundreds of different colors and brands, I've finally settled for this one. It was SO difficult for me to find a foundation that was MY color and could look natural. I always found myself needing to apply bronzer or wiping off foundation because it just didn't look my color in certain lighting. It is really expensive, but foundation is definitely a product that is worth the splurge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation for summer! It has such a light feel to it, yet gives you a nice light to medium coverage. I have oily skin, and this gives a nice natural matte finish and is very long wearing. I have tried it with and without primer, and it works fine both ways. I do set this with my Too Faced Amazing Face Powder Foundation, which I love and gives an airbrushed look. My only gripe is that I do have to mix shades to get my perfect match. I have a tiny bit of color right now for summer and am mixing shades B20 and BR20. The "B" shades which stands for Beige, are too yellow, and the "BR" or Beige Rose shades are too pink... however mixed together I get my perfect neutral undertone match. I will switch to mixing B10 and BR10 when winter comes, I'm normally a MAC NC15/NC20, right now I'm a NC20/NC30. If you can find your perfect shade in this you will love it... if not you may have to mix shades, which I know can get pricey since you have to buy 2 bottles of foundation, but it does last twice as long! To me it's worth it, I am loving this foundation.

*12/21/11 Update: I am still LOVING this foundation! It's safe to say this is the best foundation I have ever used, and I have tried TONS! Everything about this foundation is incredible, and it looks great in photos. Love it love it love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by princess101

This foundation is my dream come true! For a bit of background, I have combo/oily skin (oily t, normal to dry cheeks), NC20-25, Face and Body C2, Diorskin nude 021 Linen and NARS sheer matte 06 ceylan.

I was looking for a summer foundation that would control my oil, lightweight but still provide some coverage, all-day wear, and matte with a glow. This foundation does it all for me, and I have no reason to bother looking at any other foundations again.

Application is easy; just a pea-sized amount rubbed between fingers and then rubbed like a lotion onto the face is all you really need to even the skin. I don't even need to set this with a powder or use a primer and this lasts all day without ever looking greasy. The initial finish is matte, but give it half an hour and it melts into you skin leaving you with a glow of healthy looking, hydrated skin. This does not oxidize on me whatsoever, and Im currently wearing B30 (NC 30 summer tan), but have used B20 prior to my tan.

I urge you to get a sample before comitting, as it is pricey. $48 CDN at Chanel counters.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by abjo17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

If like me, you're not really into the 2-inch-orange-face-caked-with-foundation kinda look then you should definitely try this foundation at least!
I recieved a sample free with Glamour Magazine, like a miracle it was in my shade, so I cut the sample in half to make it last 2 days... :) and then the next day nearly RAN to my nearest Chanel counter to buy the full size product.
No kidding it's pricey, I sort of bit my lip and hung my head in shame when the lady said '£31 please'. argh! ..but oh is it absolutely worth spending the money on!!!!!!!
For me, this is my go-to every day foundation. It's so effortlessly light it feels like your not wearing any make-up, which makes me feel so much more natural.
Definitely recommend this foundation for people who want good coverage but still for the skin to look naturally beautiful.
LOVE THIS! :) <3

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Yasmin300

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't say this foundation is my HG because it gives slightly less coverage than I would like it to have, however it is great in the way that it looks like skin and not like you are wearing makeup. It is a dream to apply because it has such a smooth texture that blends in really easy with fingers, which is the method recommended by Chanel SAs. It provides a decent match for my skin tone, just a tad too dark but i find a colour match difficult is with this foundation. It does provide a 'dewy' finish but it still looks natural, however beware if you have dry skin I wouldnt reccomend this as it does cling to dry areas, and I do use quite a generous amount of moisturiser beforehand. I would buy this product again as it is the best foundation i have found for myself yet, however if i find something I like better I wouldnt rebuy due to the hefty price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by TaxDollar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to admit...I don't WANT to love this foundation but I can't help it...I do! It's so expensive and the package is just SO small. I don't use it often for these reasons. Rarely enough that in between use, I forget how much I do love it. When I finally get around to using it again, I am consistently blown away at how flawless and dewy it makes my skin look. My only wish is that it gave slightly more coverage and was cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to be honest with you, I don't own this foundation. I went to the counter and was matched up and given two sample packets of this stuff. One sample lasts at least three or four applications! I matched up to BR10- Beige Rose- Pastel. It is probably the best match for my fair skin tone I have ever seen. The formula is superb because it's not thick or cakey yet offers a lot of coverage. It dries matte. It has a lovely scent. You just know putting this on that it's expensive! Here's a product that actually delivers what it markets to do- "Ultra Light Skin Perfecting Makeup with Instant Natural Radiance" is the perfect description.

Cost: $45 for 1 oz.