August 28, 2014 | 1763 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Wonderful product! So practical! Really exceptional! Why?
A) Because of the finish, neither too glowy on my combination skin (sadly, Chanels Pro Lumiere looked fantastic on my cheeks but melted away on my nose!) nor too matte (sadly, Estee Lauders Double Wear looks to dull although it covers perfectly, and you have to be very careful to apply it correctly, then it can look great), just a satin smooth finish with good coverage, natural appearance and a nice luminosity!
B) It keeps its promises!!! It lasts!!!!!!!!!!!! Like Wayne Goss said in one of his reviews: it's more like a stain, so it doesn't melt of your face! Unbelievable!!! And this in an unbeatable aspect for me!
Make sure you experiment with the right moisturizer! This make-up is not very forgiving if you don't handle this right. Once I put on a moisturizer and waited half an hour and when I put on this foundation (NC25) it didn't look good, my skin looked too dry. So moisturizing is key to this make up!!!! I finish with Mac's Prep and prime powder, throw on blush, MAC Brule, Mascara, Bronzer, Eyebrows and I am ready in less than 15 Min. with my complete make up. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by BiancaC

This is by far my favorite product of 2010. It is a perfect shade match and wears all day. I have oily/combination skin and it feels so nice on my skin. This is a real keeper, will definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Jonnycarter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay so I have tried a lot of foundations to be honest but when i read about this one it caught my notice. It says 'A long-wear foundation that gives up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition. Lightweight and creamy, applies smoothly to provide sheer to medium coverage. Even in hot and humid conditions, controls oil to keep skin fresh, natural and flawless. Provides everyday SPF protection.'
Well this seemed quite appealing to me seems as I have really oily skin and my make up does go quite shiny quite quickly.There's a lot of shades so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a correct shade to match you.I tried NC15 in this foundation, as I applied the foundation to my face I notice that it blends really well and turns to a natural kind of finish but I'd say more matte if I'm honest.I found that it was very build-able when applying additional amounts over the first application.So about 8 hours into the day I notice that i didn't really need to touch up as it was still not that oily looking.So when it came to the end of my day the foundation was still in place and didn't wear off throughout the whole day which is great news for me!
so overall i was very impressed with this product and I will be purchasing it again
xo
UPDATE(1st May 2011)- This foundation is still one of my favourites and it is working great for summer as my face defies the melting off the extreme heat haha!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by zvezdichka

I have been using this foundation for about three months now. I love it. It looks great on my face from the moment I apply it until I wash my face at night. It doesn't transfer to clothes (hubby is very happy now and can wear a white shirt while he is with me :) The foundation offers medium buildable coverage and it is easy to go to a full coverage. The only con that I found was the range of colors available. The first shade I got was a bit too dark for me but the one i am using now is perfect. Even hubby was impressed ... one day he just looked at me and told me my makeup looked flawless.. and you know how much guys "care" about that :)
Overall, great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by JessLol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first ever MAC foundation and I'm really impressed! Cost a fair bit here in Oz ($52?) but I believe it's worth the money.

My shade (NW20) is perfect, it blends perfectly and it stays on FOREVER. Takes a little elbow grease to get it all off actually!

The pump is a great idea and doesn't disperse too much product.

The finish is wonderful too, not full on dewy or matte, it's somewhere in between. Can feel a bit 'sticky' to the touch but once set with powder (I use MSFN) it's fine.

I recommend it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really beautiful foundation. It blends flawlessly, has great coverage, is decent enough for dry skin, but it is comparable to another foundation I've tried: Revlon Colorstay. My only gripe about that one is the formula for dry skin runs a little darker in the fairer shades than the formula for oily skin! Therefore, there is not quite a right match for me. I thought that this might be a match but the NC15 is DARK and because it has under tones closer to PEACH than to YELLOW, it looks a bit orange on my golden yellow under tones. It's really too bad because this formula does last all day and looks very smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by MsMannyMakeupJunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm actually really in love with this foundation. I've never been so in love with the texture of a foundation as this! When it comes out of the pump, it's a bit on the thicker side (nothing abnormal though, just kinda thick). When I don't have a primer on it's a little hard to get on evenly with a regular foundation brush (might be better with a stippling brush, but God knows where mine is). With a primer on, it glides on beautifully and it gives this incredibly smooth texture, fills in fine lines and doesn't settle into my pores. It has medium coverage so I need to use concealer on my problem spots. Once I have it on with my Studio Finish concealer, utter perfection! Definitely one of my favorite foundations I've bought in a long time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by bleupoppy2

This is my favorite foundation right now! It took a couple tries to get the right shade, but I've found that NC 15 is perfect for me :) I've actually found that NC 15 is the absolute perfect match for my skin, and I'll definatly be buying this again. This stuff is sooooo long wearing, no matter how hot or chilly it gets here in sunny california this stuff stays on ALL day. Just a quick dusting of MAC's prep and prime finishing powder gives me an airbrushed look that last and last. I really like the light to medium coverage as well, it gives me just enough coverage without looking cakey or unnatural. In my humble opinion, I think that based on the consistency and long wear this is the best foundation they've come out with.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by lucylucyhh

Don't get me wrong, I do like this foundation quite a lot, but I just don't feel it quite matches up to my HG which is Studio Fix Fluid.
Pros
- Don't have to pay for a pump as you would with Studio Fix
- Doesn't feel heavy on the skin
- Doesn't look cakey on application or for a few hours
- Lasts a long time
- Doesn't highlight dryness in my skin

Cons
- Looks really cakey on my skin at the end of a night out; makes my skin look old and i'm only 17!
- Don't feel theyre a correct colour match; run a little darker and peachier. Certainly is the case with my NC15
- Not quite as full coverage as I like

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Umber26

I love this new foundation by MAC! It is excellent, long wearing coverage, and the best part is that it has a semi-matte, dewy finish (it's not completely matte,
But don't let the color shade in the bottles fool you! You must test them! I first noticed that the shade selection seem slightly different compared to the other formulas (in the bottles) NC42 appeared very yellow and NC40 too light for my skin just by looking at them.
I am almost always NC40/NC42 depending on my tan! I tested by puting NW35 on the left side of my face and NC40 mixed with NC42 on the right....And even though the NC42 looks very yellow in the bottle, it's just the undertones, but it blends to a shade for very olive skin tones. I decided to go with the NW35, only because it was slightly warmer and blends well with tan or self tanned skin

But all 3 shades lovely. Great work MAC. I highly recommend this product, and I have tried them all!