October 24, 2014 | 917 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by jjiyunlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit torn on this product and would give a 3.75 if I could. The last foundation I sampled was YSL's Teint Resist, which had what I thought was the perfect finish and lasting power (no blotting on my oily skin ALL DAY even without powder!). Unfortunately, there was no color match for my very yellow NC30-NC35 skin. Here, I have a more believable color match, but the finish isn't nearly as nice and the foundation sets to a tacky feel. In particular, the finish isn't as smooth and semi-matte as the YSL foundation because MAC "cheated" their semi-matte finish -- instead of the formula being inherently satin, there is shimmer in this product. It's not evident on your face, but I see it all over the back of my hand (aka my makeshift foundation palette) when I step into the sunlight. The actual feel of it on your face isn't very comfortable either. Without using a setting powder, you can feel it being a little tacky on the skin, and I end up getting uncomfortably shiny within 4 hours. With a setting powder, I can go for 6 or 7. Not holy grail, but I may buy it just for the color and above-average wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Snackmeister

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm giving this a "4" because I need to mess with it a bit to get it to work for me; however, once I do what I need to do, it's pretty near perfect. Let me explain: my skin is oily and large-pored in the t-zone, and I'm beginning to experience hyperpigmentation spots and fine lines/sagging. I have never been able to find a foundation that stays fresh looking and true to color all day. Now, I don't mind blotting--I'm quite used to it and, yes, I still have to blot my t-zone 1-3 times a day with this foundation, except in the deepest winter. But still, the finish is incredible on me and stays pretty darn nice on all but the most sultry of days. So, what's my beef? Well, my perfect winter shade falls in between NC 15 and NC 20, so I have to keep both shades on hand. Also, here in the winter, this formula tends to cake up and I can't blend it across my face, so I have to add in a dab of moisturizer as well. I mix one dab moisturizer, one pump NC 15 and one pump NC 20, and there I have it--my HG foundation. Another thing that I love about it is the SPF 10. I'm one of those people that hates sunscreen on my face, and, since I have an inside office job, I like to believe that this product shields my face adequately on work days. One more tiny gripe: I hate that the lid is matte. When the product drips onto the lid, it's impossible to wipe the surface clean. It's quite a tenacious product : )

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by nrepin

This foundation was very heavy, i had to mix it with a moisturizer and it still didn't blend very well. It tended to look cakey and the color was not quite complementary to my skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by forgetdecemberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really liked the staying power and the look of this foundation, but unfortunately the shades are much too dark. I'm very fair, but the NC15 of this was dark orange-y yellow against my neck, even when I blended well. Very odd. I wish I could be able to find a good color match, because this foundation's formula is great! :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely marvelous! Best long wearing foundation they have invented yet. The color does not pull an extreme yellow tone, it can hardly be felt on the skin like studio fix fluid can and it lasts all day. I am so impressed! I use shade NC42. Would I buy this foundation again? Most definitely.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Macgirl10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went into the MAC store intending to buy a compact foundation to add to my collection, instead I walked out with this. Turns out a compact, as much as I would like one for ease of travel, is not compatible with my skin or my skin concerns - oily t-zone/combination skin, acne scar cover, long-wearing. The MAC Pro Longwear foundation takes care of all three concerns.
My skin can be warm and cool, but a quick foundation colour check with the MA and I decided I'm NW25 in this product.
As with most MAC foundations, I find they can be a little "orange", however this didn't seem to change on me when it settled on my skin. I use a duo-fibre brush to apply it for an airbrushed look.
I start work very early (430am) and usually by 10am my makeup is all but gone, despite using primer and powder to set it. The Pro Longwear does what it says on the tin and really does last.

My only complaint is this dries to a matte finish, and I like that dewy look. So, I have two foundations I switch between; this one and Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation in 5.5.

I think MAC have finally figured out their foundation formula and are onto a winner here.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Affirmation

I really wanted to love this product. I've been using MAC for many years and yet I haven't been able to find my HG foundation. I"m normally an NC with MAC but with this foundation i was matched to NW, but it still doesn't look perfect on my skin, you can tell there is a pink tinge on my face. I also noticed that it doesnt look perfect as the day has gone through, maybe 4 hours in.
One day i will find my HG foundation, just gotta keep trying :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by MissKristina

I got a sample of this in nc35 and I LOVE it!! It stays ALL DAY, and running around around after 4 kids, going to the gym, it stayed so nice! I'm a foundation junkie always looking for something better- I always go back to MAC... But I'm never 100% satisfied. I only had a sample, and was able to use it 4 times, so I can't promise I would still love love it, but I am for sure going to buy it, and the concelear to go with.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product because it literally lasts all day and dries matte. The color is a little more yellow based than their studio fix foundations. However, I dont recommend it for dry skin since it dries very very matte. Although it has wonderful lasting powder, it doesnt appear very natural. It can look cakey if skin isnt properly primed or moisturized.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by homiegee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the Pro Longwear Foundation with SPF 10 the other day and I am IN LOVE. I bought it to replace my NARS Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte foundations because those would just not blend or look nice. I have the Pro Longwear foundation in NC20. This foundation is very blendable and is about a medium coverage. I have some acne marks that won't fade and while this foundation won't completely cover them, it will made them way less noticeable. I would suggest applying this foundation with either a foundation brush or a stippling brush to get that flawless finish. I personally use a stippling brush. (Crown Brush C406) This foundation does control oil and gives a natural, dewy, but not oily finish. It is very flattering. Also, this foundation bottle has a built-in pump! I would definitely buy this again and again because I have not found a foundation that looks better than this one while leaving my skin looking natural and like my own skin. I love it! :)