April 18, 2014 | 1977 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is so close to perfect! I have probably tried 20+ different foundations over the past few years... drugstore to high end. In comparison to other liquid foundations, none of them compare to this.

I had been wanting to try this foundation so when I went shopping for Black Friday I stopped by the MAC counter. I asked the lady for a sample but unfortunately she didn't have any sample jars. She asked if I would like her to apply it so I could wear it around for a day. I agreed. When she was done, I was in awe! I have issues with acne and scarring and with this foundation on, you could barely tell I had skin issues at all! The best part is that it looked natural, not caked on or heavy. The finish is kinda matte/satin - glowy but not overly so. Well, I bought some other stuff and waited on the foundation. I walked around the mall for a few hours and couldn't stop staring at my face in every reflective surface I passed.. lol. My skin just looked amazing. I ended up going back to MAC before I left and purchasing the foundation. SO glad that I did! It puts everything else I own to shame.
This foundation covers so well, I barely need concealer.

Now, my only issue with this foundation is the fact that it's so long-wearing it is a pain in the booty to take off at night. After using two face wipes, Clinique Take the Day Off balm and my Clarisonic with my Origins cleanser... I feel like it's totally off my face. For this reason, I don't wear this foundation everyday. I rotate with my Chanel powder foundation.

Other than that, this is my Holy Grail - thank you MAC for finally releasing a fantastic foundation!

UPDATE: August 2012 - I am still using this foundation, and still LOVE it! I wear an NW25 now. Since I started working for MAC, I can definitely compare this to the other foundations and this is by far the best!
I am using Simple makeup remover wipes, and my Clinique cleanser, toner and moisturizer and my skin looks great.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by chelle988

I have been using this foundation in NC40 for about 2 weeks now, was a little skeptical to purchase since Studio Fix broke me out, but trusted the reviewers on here and went for it. This foundation is great for oily skin or combination, i wouldn't say its full coverage but is buildable. Also wouldn't say it completely mattifies me all day but instead of making me oily it gives me a nice glow. Overall great product and packaging, has not broken me out and color the same as studio fix and lasts all day 7am-10pm !!! ..will repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by andyM269

I absolutely love this foundation. I have super oily super difficult skin. All the foundations I have tried in the past either melt away within an hour or two or end up all flaky and gross within a few hours.
With this foundation I have to touch up only once though out the day (I work 9-12 hour days) which is amazing because with any other foundation I have to be constantly touching up because my skin is so oily that I'm always shiny. I stays put all day, which is amazing since no other foundation has lasted longer than three hours on me.
I'm also very impressed with the pro longwear concealer. My face tends to be very red and the concealer and foundation really cover all the redness and just leaves me with great looking skin.
The only thing I'm not crazy about is the packaging, I don't really like glass containers but really I don't care when the product is so amazing.
I will definitely be re-purchasing this foundation. This is my HG foundation.
For girls with oily problematic skin I definitely recommend you try this one out.

EDIT: so after using this foundation everyday for work I started to break out.... So that's another fail... I had such high hopes and was so excited to have a foundation that lasts all day and keeps me matte... I'm so sad it makes me break out because it really does look great on my skin... I'm giving it a one because there's no point to having a product that looks great and lasts all day if it breaks me out :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by antelopes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

i swapped to using pro longwear after using studio fix fluid for months and months. it's a light to medium coverage foundation, leaning on more of the medium side, described by mac as having a 'natural' finish. the finish of it is lovely, it's slightly glowy looking but not at all dewy.
the wear of it is lovely, it stays on all day well and holds up in warm and cooler conditions. it doesn't make me break out or dry my skin out, and it seems to control shine for me as well.
the colours however are a little off. i wear nc40 in sff, but nc35 in pro longwear. the nc40 in plw was not as yellow toned as the sff, but nc35 provided a better match. 40 dried slightly orange/beige. i would recommend going to mac to be colourmatched with this one as ordinary colours are not the same.
i think it will be a permanent swap from sff to plw for me, i prefer the formula and how it looks. there's also a plus of the bottle coming with a pump. it is different to other long wearing foundations on the market such as estee lauder doublewear as it's not as heavy, and with a wide range of shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really bummed about this product. At first I thought I had finally found my HG foundation. It has amazing coverage, it stays put, looks and feels close to natural (not completly because this is a full coverage foundation), and even the packaging was pretty good. I never traveled with this, but if I had I would have wanted a better way to secure the top. Basically this foundation was "the one" until after about 4 days of wearing it I noticed my skin was getting really dry and breaking out in dry flaky spots. It took me over a week to get my skin back to normal after I stopped using this. I was really shocked it dried me out because I'm combo/oily, but wow....I think this foundation is probably best for those who have very oily complexions. I said I wouldn't repurchase, but I may be tempted to next summer when I get more oily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

I don't care too much for this foundation. The coverage is light to medium at the most, which I would prefer at least a solid medium because you always can sheer it down and you get more for your money. It evened out my skin tone but was pretty drying and up close it enhances the dryness in my skin. I have oily skin with dryness on the surface from acne treatments but if your skin isn't dry and need only light to med coverage this would be nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by erikahf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Thank you MAC! you have really come through with this product!!! My HG foundation, I have finally found a HG foundation! Great packaging with the pump first of all, the staying power, the lightweight formula and the non greasy feel of this foundation make it amazing! It blends easily and it works well with a loose setting powder. When I first start using a foundation, it is usually good for a week or two and then it disappoints me. This product has been going strong since the DAY it came out! Through high heat and humidity to dry and cool weather it keeps on enduring! I'm so happy this product is permanent and MAC is the company that came out with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by rachaelp

I had generally been a MMU girl simply because of how easy it is to buff it on and go, but I found that most were making me very oily, so I decided to switch back to liquid. I got this foundation the weekend it launched...guess it has been a few months now...and I absolutely love it. It makes my skin so flawless and smooth, and it really lasts all day. I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk flat-top brush I got at Target, and it looks amazing. I have pretty good skin, but i have some melasma on my forehead, and this covers it without looking cakey. I wore it on my wedding day, and it helped keep my oil at bay, which was my biggest concern. I think oily gals will especially love this foundation. My only complaint is that the nozzle gets a little clumpy sometimes, but it's not a huge problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ccboozey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wear this everyday to work, and I get so many compliments on how my skin looks. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by coconut_ball

I really like this foundation so far. However it is because my skin is in fairly good condition (no acne or bumps so far). I do have old acne scars but not a lot so if you want more coverage, try estee lauder double wear (i love the coverage but it broke me out every time). With that said, i like Pro longwear a lot. You can build up the coverage and use it with a good concealer.
I applied a tiny bit of Matt primer first. Then apply this foundation with my finger and set with the mineralized powder. It gives me a matte yet natural finish just how i like it and it stays matte for a long long time. (just notice i used all Mac products). It looks really beautiful.
My shade is NC 35 (a lil tiny bit light to me but the powder i have is dark so it is a perfect combo). It also feels light on my skin like i'm not wearing foundation.
Overall i think i might have found my perfect primer-foundation combo. I'll use it more to see if it's gonna break me out or not. finger crossed.
I think i'll ditch my MUFE HD for now.