MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a very long workday and its been a struggle to find foundation that lasts all day and still looks good. I found it, its MAC Pro Longwear. It applies pretty smooth and the coverage is good without looking mask-like or cakey. I pair this with the MAC Pro Longwear concealer to cover my redness and its perfection.
EDIT: After using this regularly for a year, I had to drop the overall down to 4 lippies. The coverage is still great and I still get fabulous longwear, HOWEVER, like many MAC foundations, its not that kind to my face. I get minor break-outs that I'm just dealing with since I haven't found anything better yet.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE IT! I have been wearing this on and off since halloween - but religiously for last 3-4 weeks and it has really grown on me. I have NW20 and it matches me perfectly. It is also really agreeing with my combo skin - no breakouts for past couple of weeks (touch wood!) and it lasts all day, even in warm weather. Apply at 7 am - lasts well til taking it off around 9 pm - with only a bit of blotting on my nose around 4 o'clock. I like that its more natural for daywear than EL DW but still gives great coverage and a more dewy appearance. I use MAC MSFN over this in medium and buff with a kabuki. Will definitely repurchase in the summer in a slightly darker shade.

I really like this foundation, but there are a few things I wish I could change about it. First, my skintone: I seem to be between NC25 and NC30. I'm Asian with combination skin and very yellow/golden undertones, but NC25 is slightly light on me and NC30 is a tad too dark/orangey. So I wound up buying both shades and mixing them together. (I guess I'm NC27? Unfortunately, there is no NC27 in PLW.) While it's good because I get a decent color match, it's pretty expensive since I had to buy two bottles.

Wear: I have no complaints. The foundation lasts all day on me--I put it on around 7 AM and take it off around 10 PM. It does wear a little cakey on my cheeks and around my nose, especially at the 12-hour mark. But it really lasts all day and I blot my t-zone much less when I'm wearing this.

Packaging: Thank you, MAC, for the pump! I never waste any product.

Coverage: I'd say it's medium to full. I apply it with my Beauty Blender and normally use around 2.5 pumps for my whole face. It can be built up, but I'd be careful because it would get cakey easily. Something I love, though, is that I don't bother wearing undereye concealer when I use PLW. It's pigmented enough that I can go without it, which is saying a lot because I have extremely dark circles.

I would repurchase this foundation...I just wish that MAC would tweak their color selection a bit to offer a few more "in between" shades and work on making the NC selections less orange. In the meantime, I'm content to mix two shades because I really like the finish of this foundation.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Meh, is what I would explain this product. I don't know if it's the wrong shade but this foundation makes me look ORANGE. It's in NC42 and I don't know but when I first apply it in the morning, my face looks fresh and dewy, but when about 2 hours passed, my face looked orangey. Not cute. However, the good thing about this foundation is that it does last long. It didn't budge when I took it off at 10 pm. It also accentuates dry spots, so you need a really good moisturizer/primer before putting it on.

The price was too much, 42 bucks CDN.
I don't know if I would repurchase this product..
I'm still on my hunt to finding the perfect foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is just an ok product for me.

The makeup artist match me to NC20. I am not sure if this is a perfect match. I mix it with MAC Strobe Cream. I am not sure if I am applying it properrly but I don't get that flawless look I get with MUFE HD High Definition Foundation.

I only use this for extra special occassions (weddings, christenings, engagements, clubbing) so I have not used it very often since purchasing. The more I use it if I find my opinion changes I will edit this review.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I've reviewed and tried many different foundations, but this is the first one I would TRULY repurchase. I wear this all day and my face looks fab. This is a new experience for me- not having to touch up my make-up mid day! Pro Longwear stays beautiful even on my combo/oily skin and the pump is the best...you always get the perfect amount and it closes easily for travel.
I have to disagree about it feeling like a mask...it would only feel that way if you use too much! A little goes a long way! And the coverage is fantastic.
I finish this with Mac Mineralize powder and it looks perfect- I can fake a flawless face everyday with these two products. I always use bronzer and blush and I have had no trouble putting them on over this foundation.
I have found that using a Mac 130 brush is PERFECT for application. Sometimes I sweep a sponge over to really smooth it out, but the 130 does an excellent job at covering and smoothing.
This product is really worth the price and I will be buying this again when I run out.

This stuff is amazing. You can wear it all day long, it doesn't budge. Even when the weather gets hot! I do recommend using Fix+ spray underneath the foundation as it can be a bit drying. This is my everyday foundation because it lasts all day and makes my skin look perfect :) try it!

Hands down the best foundation I've ever tried! I've been using this product for about 6 months now and it's never once broken me out (I have mostly normal skin). I apply it with MACs 187 brush and it looks so natural! I find that it is a matte finish on my skin which I don't usually like, but unlike other matte foundations it doesn't look flat. It has awesome lasting power - I wear it from 7am until 6pm on a college day and my skin still looks perfect without the need to touch up (which is good because I find touching up a pain). It dries pretty fast so you need to work with it quickly but because of that it doesn't transfer at all! I find blush and eye shadows a lot easier to apply over this foundation and the colour of them pops more. I set it with MACs Careblend powder and my skin really does look perfect (which it's not)! No need for primer or concealer when I wear this either. I will continue to buy this over and over, definitely HG!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a love/hate product for me.
What I love:
* It lives up to it's description Pro Longwear because it definitely lasts throughout the day on my oily skin
*The packaging- I totally love the pump on this product. Every liquid foundation should have one by now!
What I hate:
*It feels like a thick mask on my face! I don't touch my face much because it is oily and I don't want blemishes- but I notice that when the foundation dries, the texture of my skin is totally different, very stiff.
* This is definitely a full coverage foundation and I find it very hard to put on bronzer and/or blush. Nothing blends well over this foundation! Once it dries there's not much else that will go over it.

I wish that it was a bit more blendable and had more of a lightweight feeling.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The best of the MAC foundations, that's for sure. However, they don't make NW15 and NC15 was a little too yellow for my skin, otherwise, I'd have loved it. It helped with my oily skin, though it dried out the 'dryer' parts of my face and made them flakey. Bleh. MAC almost got me, but unortunately the color didn't work out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials