MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 3/26/2011 8:29:00 PM

My dream foundation. The reviews on here gave me hope that it would actually last on my combination skin, but some made think it would dry up the drier parts of my face. Luckily it worked perfectly. I was surprised by how glowy and fresh it makes my skin look - I was expecting a more matte finish - and how long it lasts. I'm someone whose makeup wears off within hours, but with this I looked in the mirror after 5 hours and yep, still had coverage. As far as I'm concerned, this stuff is magic.

I'm normally NC27-30 and took this in NC25. In the bottle it looked shockingly yellow, but went on fine.

on 3/26/2011 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Mac's best liquid foundation IMO. It does exactly what it claims. Great coverage, and perfect staying power. Perfect for the nights out, or even in warmer weather if your not a powder foundation person. This actually lasts unlike the SFF. I really love this foundation!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Well, this does last until you wash it off. Pro Longwear is great for when you need a polished look and can't be bothered with touch-ups. I was matched to NW30. NW30 has a touch of peach in it but blends into my skin well. This foundation is a bit watery which is nice and makes blending easy. Even on my combo/oily skin, I find this too drying and will cling to dry patches if the skin is not properly hydrated. Also, this foundation tends to try FAST and once it's set, it's set like cement! So, I advise everyone to blend extremely fast and don't apply the foundation all over then try to blend. It's better to work in sections and work fast. I find by wetting my foundation brush, it will give me a better finish and prevents the foundation from clinging to dry skin and it aids in blending the foundation better. Two layers gives medium cover and three is full cover. Also, I don't even need my blotting powder for this foundation. IDK, maybe I'll need to blot in the summer time.This foundation isn't matte yet it's not glowy either. I find that it's a natural satin finish. I will update if this causes breakouts. Pro Longwear retails for $29(US) which is reasonable for a professional brand.
UPDATE: I only use this on really hot days or nights out and I haven't noticed any reaction or breakouts from using this.

on 3/24/2011 5:31:00 PM

I used to wear the Select foundation from MAC, but I felt that it didn't have good staying power, so a MUA told me try the Pro Longwear. I've been using it for the past 2 weeks, and initially it seems to not penetrate into my skin, so it looks a bit cakey, but after about an hour, it really does look nice. However, I do wish that i didn't have to put two pumps of product onto my face, one is simply not enough. With the Select foundation, one pump with enough for my whole face...oh well =/

Routine:

Apply Smashbox Photo Finish Primer-Light
Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20 for undereye
Apply foundation with a Sigma F80
Set T-Zone with Mineralize Skinfinsh Natural- Medium

To initially get rid of the powdery look, i spritz a bit of Fix+, and i've noticed that my makeup does in place for the whole day. :)

on 3/23/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Pros:
- Love the packaging. Love you can lock the pump. Very clean.

Cons:
- Too heavy.
- Clogged my skin, broke out after 2 days of use.

on 3/23/2011 9:58:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have a really hard time with foundations. First off I'm extremely fair but a bit on the yellow side (rather than pink which most fair skintones are) so finding a good match is always difficult. Secondly, I have weird combination skin which starts off very dry (especially on my cheeks & chin) but can get very oily on my T-zone. And finally I am a hairstylist and I sweat a TON when I work, so between constantly moving, having a hot blowdryer in my face, and using heat tools such as flat irons all day, my naturally dry skin is a sweaty oily mess by the end of the day (yummy, I know). I have had foundations that I absolutely love that simply can't stand up to a day at work. These are the foundations I have tried most recently:

Make Up Forever HD Foundation in 117 (looked nice to begin with but with its dewy look, it melted off after a few hours at work)

MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation (same problem as the MUFE)

Everyday Minerals in Olive Fair (not right for my dry skin)

LORAC Natural Performance Foundation in NP2 (not a great match and poor lasting power)

So when I had squeezed the last drop out of my MUFE foundation I came on here to read some reviews and liked the sound of this new MAC foundation. I went to the counter and had the MUA apply a full face of the foundation and NC15 was a perfect match. The finish looked nice; not too matte and not overly dewy. Coverage-wise it's a perfect light-medium, which is what I prefer as I just have a little redness in my cheeks and slightly dark areas under my eyes (those with acne or acne scarring might want to consider using a concealer underneath).

I purchased it and wore it to work for the first time yesterday. Throughout the day I noticed that my face didn't need any blotting - a first for me. 6pm rolled around and my last client of the day arrived and asked me if I had just done my makeup. I replied "No, why?" She said my face looked so fresh and flawless, and then asked was I even wearing foundation at all or was that just my skin? Ha! I wish!

Needless to say it's a winner for me. I don't have sensitive skin so I don't foresee having issues with it, but if for some reason I break out in hives or acne I'll update the review. Until then, 5 lippies.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Update: I've been using this for almost 2 weeks and still love it. No breakouts or noticeable changes in my skin quality/texture. Still lasts all day (I wear my makep an average of 12 hours a day) and looks perfect until I wash it off. Truly incredible...I am in love.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Update #2: Been using this for about a year now. I have never loved a foundation this much for this long. Usually I eventually stray to the next best thing, get broken out, or find some issue with it. But I'm still absolutely in love with this foundation. I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear even the lightest application.

on 3/22/2011 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Buyers beware!! The shades for this liquid foundation run darker than the Pro Longwear concealer if you are planning to buy both! I use the concealer in NC 30 but have to use a NC25 for this foundation because the NC 30 is way too orangey and dark. This foundation is AMAZING. It provides perfect coverage, making my skin matte but natural looking. I have been breaking out so there's alot of acne and acne scars to conceal and I don't even need to apply this all over my face. I use only on the areas I need coverage and set it with the Careblend and result is perfect looking skin. It also STAYS all day!

on 3/21/2011 7:38:00 PM

This had a lot to live up to when I first bought it, as I had pushed my beloved YSL Teint Resist aside as I wanted something with a more professional finish. Anyway, I've been using this for the past month in NC15 and really like it. It gives decent coverage, which is very buildable and has a nice finish to it. The lasting power is very good as well, but the most important thing to me is oil control and I'm pleased to say this comes up trumps. It's not sliding off my face after 12 hours, and weirdly there's even been some days when I haven't been that oily at all.
The thing I don't like about this is I feel that you have to have perfect skin for it to look good? Recently my skin has been a little less hydrated than usual - nothing drastic, not even any dry patches. But I am having difficulties getting it to sit right on my skin, it won't blend properly and it looks really unnatural after I've applied it. After about 20-30 minutes though it does start to sink in though and looks much better, so I'll still repurchase it. I also do feel the need for a primer underneath it just to help it slide on a little better, but that's my personal choice :)
All in all, a great foundation that's bumped it's way up to my new favourite thanks to it's good coverage, colour match and oil-control - a definite re-buy!

on 3/21/2011 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have tried (almost) every drugstore foundation under the sun. I decided that I was tired of looking too orange, too cakey, too dry, etc. I am pretty thrifty, and $30 for foundation seems outrageous to me. But after buying this foundation today, I think it is absolutely worth it! I LOVE this stuff. I know it has only been one day, but I have had it on for about 12 hours now, and it looks like I just applied it. I am fair skinned with yellow undertones, and I was matched to NC15 perfectly. I have some acne scars on my chin and one cystic zit at the moment, and it provides the perfect coverage. I was nervous at first because it is medium coverage, but it worked out great. I moisturized and primed my face before, and the application was easy. It makes my pores look amazing and my face looks so natural! This is my first MAC product, and as it may be too soon to call it my HG, I believe I just may have!

on 3/20/2011 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have used many foundations over the years from Cle De Peau, La Prairie, Le Mer, Chanel, Estee, Cover Girl, LM, etc simply trying to find a foundation that covers well (acne scars, redness) and lasts on my oily skin. I have spent a lot of money with primers, oil control products, etc over the years though I liked how Double Wear covered and lasted I could not find a color match that did not leave me looking pink and that I was satisfied with.
I have not had good results from MAC foundations so I was hesitant to try this one but I did. I was matched to NC 25 (CDP 020, LM Warm Ivory, Chanel (Cendre) and this helps tone down the redness.
I have to say I am quite impressed with this foundation, it lasts all day in the heat, working out, etc. I live in the south where it is hot and humid and nothing seems to last past noon on my face (even in winter). I am so glad to find a foundation that I do not have to use primer or some oil control under, yes I do blot and powder but after being outside the foundation looks as good as when I first put it on and lasts a full day at work. The price is reasonable and for such long lasting coverage well worth buying again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials