Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 7.8 (Sunscreen), Octinoxate - 2.5 (Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Silica Silylate, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Chlorphenesin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fructose, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, Laureth-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, BHT, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Glucose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain: Iron Oxides

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

For me this foundation was okay. I wasn't really pleased with it nor was I extremely disappointed. The formula for this foundation is on the thicker side and left a matte finish which I personally am not a huge fan of because of my dry skin however for oily skin this could work. What I liked most about this foundation was definitely the staying power. One really disappointing thing about the foundation was the shade selection. I have ivory skin and could not find a shade anywhere close to light enough for me. Another thing I really dislike about this product is the brand, Rimmel that takes part in unneccesary animal testing. That will definitely push me away from repurchasing this foundation. It is an okay foundation but I would never repurchase an animal product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

even tho i have dior, shiseido, chantecaille and other HE fdtns in my collection, the old version of Rimmel Lasting is my go-to fdtn for when i want to look my best. the coverage is on the higher side of medium but with a really natural texture that stays looking fresh all day. it doesn't have the skin-healing benefits of chantecaille, or last as well as Dior Forever in 40C heat, but for everyday fdtn it is fan-freaking-tastic.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. This foundation is long wearing but I feel like it highlights my pores too much. I like how it looks when I put it on, but after a few hours it really seems to bring out what I am trying to disguise. I have worn this alone and with a primer. The only primer I have tried with it was the Rimmel fix and Perfect, which is probably not the best primer. I will eventually try it with a different primer to see if that helps. If it does than I will edit this review.

I feel it does apply smoothly and blends easily. I have used my fingers, a sponge, and a brush to see which I prefer in applying it. I do prefer to stipple it on with a brush.

The color selection is limited. Added to that is that many places do not carry all the colors. I have found that Walmart and some Kmart stores do carry all the colors, but most other places that carry Rimmel do not. For some reason most stores only carry the cooler toned shades. Sadly for me, my shade 202 is carried only a few places.

ETA: I have since tried this with a different primer and it made all the difference. I started using this with the Hard Candy primer and it lasts so much better. I checked with Rimmel and the 202 shade is not discontinued, so I don't know why so many stores do not carry this shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Ok. I love love love this foundation. It stays on all day and pairs so well with their primer. I love the way my skin looks and the coverage is amazing. Although it is thick, I only use a dime size amount for my whole face so I imagine this stuff is going to last forever. I have dry skin but it looks so nice on my skin and it doesn't crease. I"ve been recommending this foundation to all of my friends. I've used CoverFX and I definitely like the Rimmel coverage much more. It's now a staple in my makeup box

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is an excellent long wearing foundation but I am only rating three stars because the color selection is so poor. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING for fair skinned peeps.

Rimmel is an English company; the English are fair skinned people, so I don't understand why the colors are so dark! To use this I have to mix it with a lighter color foundation from another brand. I have emailed this company numerous times asking why they don't make lighter colors and I receive replies stating "Use our Ivory color".

Hmmmm...I DID try the lightest color and it is STILL too dark you nimrods!

Final Verdict:
Good foundation that is long wearing. Poor color selection.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this foundation in an attempt to beat the "runny-makeup" blues during my outdoor wedding ceremony. It was 90 degrees all day and it was horribly humid! I had tried this foundation previously, going with a bit darker shade than normal (because they didn't have a shade close to mine) and mixed it with a lighter shade to get the perfect color for me. In previous days I had no issues with mixing the two foundations, but the wedding would be an all day event. On the big day- I applied my makeup as always and as soon as I came out- I was instantly sweating- and I don't mean a little sweaty- we are talking dripping all over like we just got out of a shower. The heat was unbelievable!
I was in total shock, but by 9pm, my make-up was still holding strong! THIS MAKE-UP ROCKS!! Even mixed with the other foundation- it still held through all night. At 3 am- I checked again, and it was still looking good! I added a little powder and I looked good as new again. This stuff is definitely worth the money. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ok, I know it's too early to write a review but I'm doing it anyway. I bought this foundation yesterday and and this is my first day using it but I like it so far. I haven't had to powder up all day. I may have bought a shade too light (soft beige) so I'm going to try and see if the next shade up matches better. Anyway, it was easy to blend and I only had to use a small abount for my whole face (equivalent to pump). I'm waiting to see if it causes me to breakout. If a foundation breaks me out it usually results in ugly cystic acne (yuck).

Gives Medium-Full Coverage. It's very easy to blend, the consistency is like a thick lotion. It gives a nice smooth finish. And lasts about 9-10 hrs on me. It says it lasts 25 hours, but seriously there's no foundation that will ever last that long. After using it for about 2 months, the smell gave me a headache. Also, remember to use powder, it melted off my face one time because it was 95 degrees outside and I forgot to apply powder /: I wouldn't recommend this for summer time. Also, the majority of the shades are beige/neutral toned. I won't be repurchasing this again until there is a yellow toned shade that matches my skin.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation. I have this in the color Nude and I'm NC30 or NC 30ish. Its very smooth and has great staying power. It doesn't feel heavy and doesn't change color or get patchy. It's medium coverage but can easily be full. All long lasting foundations look dry on me at first but since I have oily skin, this softens to a very nice, soft finish. Just a little bit is needed and blends nicely. I actually prefer this to EL DW because it isn't cakey. I could never get DW to look good all the time no matter how little I used and it was totally visible. Lasting is smooth and has great staying power. Holds up in heat...totally stays put! I think I prefer this to Colorstay too. Can't beat the price!!! One of my favorites!!!

EDIT: I compare this to Lancome Teint Idole. This has great lasting power and looks fabulous. I use this more than my Dior, EL, Laura Mercier and Lancome.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

When i first purchased this product i noticed the not so very pretty bottle. It just had a red top and a giant 25 hour logo thing that caught my eye. Anyway moving on, it was fairly cheap about £8/9... which fairly good compared to MAC or Estee Lauder. So anyways, it was march 2011 when i began wearing this foundation, the sun was out and shining and the weather was beautiful. The very first thing i noticed about this foundation was the fact it was very oily... hardly any oil goes in to making this foundation. It was almost like painting my face in paint that was left out for ages.. so it didnt glide very well across my skin! The fact that its not oily/slidy means you need that little bit more for full face coverage however this foundation will last longer on those hot humid summer days!! Overall, i do like this foundation its good just not brilliant because i prefer a more slidy foundation rather than a dryish one! x