December 21, 2014 | 1754 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm blown away by this foundation. I'm 45, I have dry skin, rosacea, broken capillaries and hyperpigmentation. I love the idea of a long-wearing foundation, Estee Lauder Double Wear used to look ok on me, the last few years I find it very aging, the coverage is medium, but back then when it looked ok I didn't need the coverage. Now I do. I really like Chanel Pro Lumiere and Lift Lumiere, the Lift lasts a bit longer than the Pro, neither are long wearing but have medium to full coverage and look amazing on the skin which is better than something that looks horrible AND lasts. Revlon ColourStay is just a medium coverage on me. Rimmel Lasting Finish has a bit more coverage than the Chanel foundations, definitely more than EL and far more than Revlon ColourStay. I would still call this medium to full, closer to full. It has quite a bit of dimethicone in it, I find it pretty moisturizing as well, which is unusual for a long wearing foundation. And this lasts longer than any I've tried. It doesn't budge, transfer, fade... It did not settle in to lines, it did not dry out my skin at all. It does leave a bit of tackiness behind, it does settle down, and I let it settle for a few minutes just like the Lift Lumiere. I do set it with HD powder although it's not needed. I applied with the e.l.f. powder brush, as I do with all of my foundations. The consistency is not as thin as Chanel, but it's not heavy either. It's amazing that it gives the coverage that it does. The finish is between a satin and matte. It's not a dry looking matte but it's not dewy either. Because of the amount of dimethicone in it I bought a shade lighter to use under my eyes as well and it worked great! I love Chanel foundations, they make me look as though I have great skin and just popped a tinted moisturizer on, beautiful. The Rimmel makes my skin look absolutely flawless, not quite as natural, but not in a way that screams heavy coverage foundation either. I love the finish! If you need flawless coverage, try this!
EDIT- Ive been using this for nearly 4 months now. I have recommended this to EVERYONE!!! It is hands down the best foundation I have ever purchased and so inexpensive. I used it on my sister-in-law, who has rosacea like I've never seen before, this covered it completely and she's tried everything including dermablend which left her skin incredibly dry and unnatural looking. I cannot say enough about this foundation, I pray they never discontinue it!

35 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, id def give this a 5 but i have to say the shade range isnt so great, otherwise this would be probably one of my favorites... but it still is an amazing foundation!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hr Foundation (i also have the 16 hr foundation & it seems to be the same formula) can be found in most drugstores like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens as well as in mass stores like Target & Walmart. The price will vary depending on your location as well as sales/dicounts/coupons. The price is generally around $5-7. I def suggests getting this on a good sale- doesnt it always make it better!
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
Ok, id give it a 5 if i wasnt so pale and 'Ivory' was alot lighter. But i love this foundation so much that i will mix a really light foundation with it just so i can wear it. I love the coverage and texture of this. Its smooth and creamy and blends right into my skin like no other! The coverage is great. Its def medium coverage and can be built up in areas that need a bit more coverage. This foundation coverages all my uneven skin as well as any redness or spots. If you have a really bad blemish you may need a tiny bit of concealer but this covers so well, you may not. The way i use it is more like a tinted moisturizer but it still covers everything i want it to. I dont use it alone so it changes the finish. I love that it stays on all day (i do use monistat or hard candy primer) i have normal to dry skin and this doesnt emphasize any fine lines pores or dry spots. It covered my discolorations & blemishes. It has a semi matte finish. Its not too matte nor too dewy, more like a satin finish but you can def top w/ your different powders to better suit your face needs.
PACKAGING-
The Rimmel 25 HR Lasting Finish Foundation comes in a great squeezable tube. The container has some stamping of the Logo/labeling and more information on the back. The shade name is located on the front bottom of the tube. The top twists on & off which is easy to use. The top is where the foundation sits upright (which i love since it allows you to use up all the foundation inside so no wasting) The tube is clear in a few spots so you can see how much you have used or got left. The tube is hard enough to travel with but flexible enough to squeeze out the last bit of foundation. I like this packaging better than a pump/jar container since you will not be able to get to it all like that but this, brilliant! this is my favorite packaging so far. I know, i like simple but effective & easy to use tubes, this is it!
Overall, i have really tried so many different drugstore foundations but i still LOVE this one. I love the creaminess and smooth texture & it blends so nicely. I just wish the color/shade range was way more extensive & we could all find a shade that matches or even close. I still have to mix w/ other foundations to pull off Ivory but its worth it to me. I love this. If you are more on the fair/light skin tone, try the new Rimmel Clean Finish foundation which is now one of my top favs for sure & it does have a few choices for my pale skin. I love it! and will def recommend this foundation Lasting Finish foundation is amazing & if you can find your match, get it! i love it & will probably repurchase over & over & pray they release my shade or close!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Celinya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation. I have always had a hard time with my makeup being gone half way through the day, but the Rimmel really lasts into the night - until I take it off. I had previously used Estee Lauder Double Wear and I actually prefer the Rimmel. Plus the price point is fantastic.

I apply this foundation with a foundation brush and it covers very well, but doesn't look or feel too heavy. I applied this foundation with my a sponge and was not happy with the results. I would highly recommend using a foundation brush with it.

I am prone to breakouts and this makeup did not improve breakouts, but it did not cause more break outs. I have not had any problems with the color, but really that seems to be making sure you buy the correct color for your skin type. I have neutral skin tone, so I have good luck with foundation shades.

I will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I was so impressed because it is very inexpensive!

- the first time i tried it, i put on my usual liquid foundation amount, and it looked wayyyy to masky.
-then i tried putting a very thin layer all over, with my fingers, and then a stippling brush!
-the effect was AMAZING, my skin looked radiant, and dewy, and naturally flawless! The effect was almost identical to the RADIANCE FOUNDATION from LANCOME!
-my skin is fairly good, so i don't have acne problems.
-so the foundation easily doubled up as a concealer around my eyes.
-the formula didn't accentuate dryness, and lasted all day!
-i set it with very little powder, so my skin didn't look matte, it looked dewy, youthful, and radiant!

Excellent results, just like a higher end brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by laurendobi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation because being in highschool, I have P.E. class some days and I just hate it when my foundation (even though I use barely any!) feels all gross and sweaty. This is sweatproof and feels pretty light. It covers my flaws and I don't have to paint my face with it for it to work, which is good. A flip top cap would have been nice, but that's a little thing. This foundation does have a lot of warm undertones in every shade, so it makes my look glowy without looking fake. It did make my skin break out a little bit, but it went away now. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mplsgal10

I have to disagree with other reviewers on this one...I actually like this foundation. Though it doesn't say "oil free" it doesn't break my skin out at all (similarly to other Rimmel products) which I have encountered with MANY other foundations including those that were designed to clear skin. There is a trick to putting this on though, you need to apply a SMALL amount with a damp sponge and you need to really blend it in and then let it set for about ten minutes and then apply powder, etc. otherwise it looks super cakey. It covers my acne scars and doesn't look orange outside like Revlon Colorstay. I wouldn't say this is 25 hour foundation but it does last longer than any other foundation I have used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know that I would buy this again for sure, but as of right now, I'm happy. I bought this last night at Walmart for $6.47 (the lowest price I could find), in 103 True Ivory - at the recommendation of the Temptalia foundation matrix - I'm NC20 in MAC. This color was way off - first, it was a bit too dark. This might be more for a NC30. However, this color was almost green! It was so strange.
So, this morning I went back and exchanged this for the 100 Ivory shade. I used it today and it is a good color match. I'm surprised that this is the lightest shade available. Anyone who is lighter than NC20 might find this too dark.
This comes out more liquidy than it applies, if that makes sense (you would think it is a thinner coverage than it is). It has a full coverage finish, and sets fast. I applied this with my fingers, but I'm expecting a Sigma round top buffer brush in the mail and am then going to apply it with that. I used the MUFE HD primer, and the ELF HD powder after to set.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color i got warm ivory matches my skin perfectly but its way too cakey..I have to return it

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by itskirby

This stuff is gross, sticky and really thick and dries orange.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by transitnat00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this product! It wouldn't blend well, and the only thing that worked was using my fingers. It felt heavy and kind of sticky.
Also the color range sucked! I am pretty fair-skinned and I bought the lightest color (100-Ivory) and it was waaaay too orange and dark for me. It just looked like my face had gone tanning for two weeks straight but the rest of my body was my natural color.
I do not recommend this product and I actually already returned it.