October 26, 2014 | 1045 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by transitnat00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this product! It wouldn't blend well, and the only thing that worked was using my fingers. It felt heavy and kind of sticky.
Also the color range sucked! I am pretty fair-skinned and I bought the lightest color (100-Ivory) and it was waaaay too orange and dark for me. It just looked like my face had gone tanning for two weeks straight but the rest of my body was my natural color.
I do not recommend this product and I actually already returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by shiva007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I can use this product. It's extremely cheap but I got an allergic reaction from this. This product is actually very good. It gives a medium coverage and lasted the whole and night for me. Didn't completely cover my dark circles and acne scars, but the quality is definitely good enough for the price I paid. I did notice a couple of dry patches of skin around the nose and forehead towards the end of the night, so maybe it's not ideal for wearing over 10 to 12 hrs. The formula was a bit thick, but it didn't bother me at all. Recommend for those who aren't sensitive to it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by sunshine23905

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

The product itself is very decent.
Gives about medium coverage and pretty easy to apply and blend either with a sponge or a stippling brush. My MAC color is about NC37 and the rimmel in 201 classic beige was a good fit.

However, my skin is extremely dry especially in the winter. Dry as in peeling skin that looks extremely gross. I felt that this foundation completely accentuated the dry patches on my face and may have dried out my skin even more. After I noticed how dry my skin looked, I removed and applied my usual revlon colorstay for dry skin. And, my skin again looked hydrated and healthy.

I have to say that this foundation is probably best for those with oily/combination skin. My dry skin just didn't like it very much. I, unfortunately, returned this product. this was such a bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 4:29:00 AM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just in case my initial opinions about this product were too good to be true, I waited a month to review this foundation. Let me tell ya, it's everything I hoped it would be and more! If you're looking for a semi matte, long wearing foundation, this is it. Call me a snob, but I tend to stick with high end products when it comes to my skin. Prior to this, the only product that I had tried from Rimmel is the Addiction lipliner, which is always in my makeup bag. I picked this up on a whim without high expectations per recommendation by a Youtube guru for about $6 at Target in the shade Sand. I apply this with a flat top kabuki and it blends into my skin like a dream. The squeeze tube trumps Colorstay in terms of sanitation and portion control. When applied after a good moisturizer, this has a much more natural finish than most long wearing foundations. It does have a fragrance, but it's rather light and refreshing compared to other foundations. Its medium-full coverage minimizes the need for concealer. Now I only use concealer for my undereye circles and for darker post acne hyperpigmentation. I don't know if this can actually last 25 hours, but it can sure last at least 14 hours. On the roughest, longest days, this foundation looks like it did when I first applied it. Maybe even better!

I really can't say enough about this product. It's definitely worth a try because it's so cheap and the potential that it can yield great results outweigh any other negatives. Like all foundations, it's best to apply in thin layers to get the best coverage and a natural finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by trinityblade24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally! A reasonably priced, long lasting foundation! I work in an operating room and there is nothing more embarassing than taking off my face mask and finding a coating of foundation on the inside for everyone to see. I was a big user of Revlon Colorstay, but I didn't like the pumpless bottle, the undertone colors never really matched my skin that well (medium, yellow, golden...my veins are emerald green!), and I found it pricey for ds makeup.
Rimmel's 25 hour has a nice, neat squeeze tube, quite a few of their shades have a yellow base to them ( I have Nude), it's a nice rich consistency but not gloppy, blends well, and cost me $5.47 for a full ounce. But best of all...it does not rub off on my face mask!!! It stays put from morning to evening (12hr shift), even though I have very oily skin. So my guess is that this stuff should last just as long on the skin for those who don't wear masks all day!!! Will definately buy again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by anfranklin2

I have tried so many foundations to find the one that blends well and covers my blemishes when i have a bad outbreak, because i hate layering on concealer! This is the one! It lasts all day without having to retouch, i wore it all summer and didn't sweat it off at all, doesn't flake, or leave my face looking cakey at all! i absolutely LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

For years I have searched for the perfect foundation, Ive tried them all and after a week or so of using the product go on the search again. This product so far has been the best, I have actually just finished a whole tube and purchased another. I use the ivory and love the flawless matte finish, plus I NEVER have to touch it up through out the day. I use it with the Rimmel matte powder. I have never liked Rimmel foundations, but read a review on here about this one and said why not give them one more try. It seems to work well for all skin types so I recommend it to anyone to try and hopefully everyone is as happy as I was.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Ally305

Love,love,love this foundation. My skin is clear,no blemishes or anything but I still use foundation because I like that airbrushed glow and that is exactly what this foundation gives me. It lasts all day and I never have to re touch with a pressed powder. I cant live without this foundation.I also tried it thanks to emilynoel83 on youtube! Great coverage and price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by juicyChiq230

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, but it just didn't work for me.
I have combination skin, and the foundation came off around my t-zone, especially my nose. It was not "lasting" at all. I guess it would be good for girls with normal or dry sky, but it didn't work well for my oily t-zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by tastest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Based on the Youtube recommendation of emilynoel83( Beautybroadcast) I tried this foundation. It is fantastic and I am on my 3rd tube.

This, from someone who never wore foundation!

She finds it comparable to Revlon Colorstay but cheaper.

Blends well, great colour range with in store testers so you dont make a mistake and truly lasts way longer than you need it to.