Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 7/14/2011 4:05:00 PM

UPDATE: I like to apply this now with a sponge. I bet the beauty blender would be perfect with it. It was a little too thick with a brush and looked terrible with fingers. So the sponge wins!

This is my go-to drugstore brand foundation for the winter time. It's far to heavy for summer. It has really good coverage when applied with a brush. Actually now that I think about it, I hated this stuff until I applied it with a brush... it is very thick so it isn't easy to blend with fingers or pads. But a brush really makes it work for me. Try that. I don't even have to use concealer with this stuff. I didn't notice any oxidization on me. I do have oily skin and I def. powdered once throughout the day, and it seemed to stay quite well. If I don't want a full face of makeup sometimes I will mix with lotion and apply and use this for concealer. When using for concealer, use a concealer brush to apply. A light dusting of powder over it, some nice bronzer to contour, and a kiss of peach blush = perfect looking skin that lasts all day!

on 7/14/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The color was good (#300) but the product was not right for me. I am combination (oily t-zone). After wearing this for about 4 hours my skin was very oily and shiny. I immediately felt the need to go hoem and wash it off! Perhaps this may be better suited for someone with dry or normal skin. I also developed some pimples the next mornign after wearing this, so acne sufferers use caution.

I really wanted to love this product because of all the good reviews out there on youtube, but I just can't. It was way too heavy for me. It oxidised as well after only a few hours of wear. It made me look weird in photographs....

on 7/6/2011 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My new favourite foundation, wonderful coverage and soooo cheap! Use it in conjunction with my Urban Decay De-Slick spray and my skin has never looked better. Very impressed,

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I was really impressed with this foundation. I believe this is great product with a great price! The packaging might look awfully cheap, but who cares when the product does exactly what it promises: easily blendable, perfect colourmatch for my skin, creamy and moisturising on application with great staying power (definitely 8 hours and longer).
On application the product does look very shiny and even oily on the skin, but setting it with a little bit of powder helps keeping you relatively matte all day (if you have normal/dry skin like me).
If you're on a budget or you don't like spending tons on make up, this is a great buy and I recommend it.

on 6/17/2011 8:23:00 PM

I've heard some good compliments about this foundation so I thought I should give it a try.. I bought this in Natural Beige and Classic Beige from Superdrug for about £5.99 each, thinking that they would accommodate for different seasons - so there was me thinking I was all set. I also thought I could mix the two when my skin colour is in between the two colours.
This foundation is for heavy/full coverage. I didn't expect it to be so heavy when I applied it on my dark-ish circles. Because of that, it was quite hard to apply evenly with my fingers so I tried using a sponge. Because it was still cold, my skin colour wasn't as dark so I tried the Classic Beige and thought that the colour ALMOST matched my skin colour at the time.
4 hours later, I checked myself in the mirror and noticed how the foundation turned ORRAAANNNGGGEE!! And it wasn't just a slight tint of orange. Because of oxidation, the foundation just became orange so I really wasn't happy about them. :(

on 6/15/2011 6:00:00 PM

I have a really hard time with foundations, but I really like this one. It gives me great coverage with a natural look (as long as you blend/apply properly). Feels weightless, lasts forever, no transfer.
Like others I took one lippy off for color range. I consider myself more of a light medium, but the lightest shade would probably not match me in winter. Very fair gals will probably not be able to use this until more colors are available.

on 6/12/2011 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation. It's one I always come back to.

Pro:
-Long wearing. Lasts through a full work day and can go straight from work to bar/club without touch-ups. Maybe powder if you get a bit shiney...
-Water-proof and almost transfer proof
-Good coverage (gives me a doll-like finish)
-Easy to apply and blend
-Plastic tube packaging is good for travel and easy to get desired amount.
-Good value. ($16AU for high quality product)

Con:
-Small colour range. Only like 6 shades and don't have and very fair or deep shades. (I wear shade 200soft beige, which is perfect for me though)

on 6/10/2011 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The lightest shade of this foundation was *almost* a match, it was closer than most drugstore foundations and back then, that was good enough for me.
At first I was heartily impressed with this foundation's consistency and coverage; with a makeup sponge it went right on and looked great. I have combination skin; dry on the cheeks but get some grease going in the t-zone over the course of a day.
However the foundation oxidixed during the day so by day's end I looked like I was totally inept at finding matching foundation. Some days it was flat out ORANGE. I do use Finacea and Retin-A and have wondered if that's not the real culprit on why foundations turn color on me during the day, so take that for what you want to make of it. (Not having this problem with non-DS foundations currently, for what it's worth)
This product even stayed reasonably matte during the day, maybe some minimal powder needed on occasion. If it came in a bit lighter color, and didn't turn dark, I would really like this product. It didn't break me out. It really did not FEEL like a drugstore makeup when I applied it, either. It's a real anomaly!

on 6/9/2011 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I am so amazed by this foundation. Not only is this cheap (~$6 at local drugstore) but I definitely see this as a very good, if not better, alternative to higher end foundations. It really does hold up to its "25 hour" lasting finish claim as the swatch on my hand did not budge until I actually worked at cleansing it off. As for my face, the foundation looks almost the same as I put it on after a 8-10 hr day (no touch ups needed).
Coverage is great! (I love how I can be lazy with this and skip the concealer step) Although the coverage is medium to full, it does not feel thick at all.
Let me just say, the finish is absolutely perfect! It is "dewy" in a sense that it looks very fresh (not shiny). There is a very light scent to it, but it doesn't bother me. I also like the packaging in a squeeze tube (makes it easy to throw in makeup bag).
I was lucky to find my color in the first shot (tested it in the store.. shhh) The color in the tube looks darker than it really is. My shade is 202 Nude. This and a lighter shade (200) both have yellow undertones, while the shade in between (201) has pink undertones. For reference, I am NC30-35 (studio fix), C3-4 (MAC F&B), Barcelona (Nars sheer matte), Punjab (Nars sheer glow). I really recommend this and think it is worth trying. Definitely will be a repurchase!