Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

Im still in school atm so I hate wearing too much MU but this foundation is perfect, feels weightless, lasts a rediculous amount of time, perfect for that "not wearing make up" look. and for that price..amazing foundation, will deffinatly be buying again!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I haven't had this for very long, but so far, I love it. It's a medium to full coverage, but doesn't feel like you are putting a mask on. I have it in 100 Ivory. It's pretty much a perfect match for my skin tone. The only thing I have to be careful for is if I put too much product on and it becomes cakey. I use my fingers and then a stippling brush to apply it. It blends well and doesn't really leave me with dry patches; though we are going into winter here, so well have to wait and see. I would say this is a dewy finish, and I set it with Palladio loose translucent powder to keep it in place. I do get a bit of transfer if I wipe my face, but it's not too bad. I would buy this again; this is the first liquid foundation I've found that works for my skin, much better than revlon colourstay!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have heard about this foundation from many reviews and make up gurus on youtube. I finally decided to try it. I have to say I am really impressed. I have left over bad skin from terrible acne. My skin has cleared up but I need to cover some pretty bad scaaring and what not. I would not recommend applying this with fingers or brushes though. I use a foundation brush to apply dots of it to my skin and then I use a wet beauty blender to finish it. Makes all the difference in the world. Makes it natural looking and flawless. I barely need concealer afterwards as well. I haven't given it a five since I don't know about the lasting power or if it breaks me out yet.

Another heads up...if you live in canada, London drugs as a near perfect beauty blender dupe for less than half the price...check it out. I could not even tell the two apart.

on 4/27/2011 3:13:00 PM

I have repuchased this foundation 4 or 5 times. Not much comes in the tube so it goes quickly. But i still like it alot.

on 4/27/2011 2:44:00 PM

Mine comes in a glass bottle and pump dispenser
- hash re-launched...makes you wonder how much of the stuff they have in their factory and have added extra ingredients to shift it.

I only bought this because it was on intro offer and has a new shade (true nude 303) which seemed light and natural enough in colour (and I even went and stood at the shop window several times to be sure) however it's very very dark and unnatural - a far cry from 'true nude' indeed.

The application was weird and difficult - very difficult to spread even though it feels oily.
You practically have to drag it over your face, pulling and pressing and constant blending at it and still it never looks right, even when you've just applied it.
A mucky mess. Tideline city. And smels like cheap air freshner.

Don't even attempt to powder over it - your brush/puff will stick to your face.
I looked like an alien with it on, my entire face was greasy

It claims to have a lightweight feel - not at all. It feels heavier than pan-stick.
And I broke out in tiny white spots after a few hours, which I rarely if ever do.

Mine's in the recycling now, washed the contents down the sink. Expensive at €12 (or thereabouts whatever the full price is).

Avoid like the plague.

I sometimes buy Rimmel's Stay Matte Mousse and its liquid variety,
which are really good. Though be warned to exfoliate well once/twice a week and wear a rich moisturiser before application.
Simple Regeneration Age Resisting SPF15 is great and sinks in really well.

on 4/25/2011 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was really impressed with this foundation. I wanted full coverage without a matte finish and this delivered.

I am around an NC20-30, depending on the season. My face is usually lighter than my chest, however, so I wanted something that would be a bit darker than my actual face at the moment. I got 200 Soft beige and I love the coloring on me. I'm yellow-undertones also.

This delivered full coverage on me, better than ELDW or Revlon Colorstay, IMO. The finish is pretty dewy/natural depending on how it's applied and if I set it with powder or not. It's NOT matte. I wouldn't recommend this for oily girls, seeing as I have dry skin and it can get a little oily on me after a full days wear.
I have sensitive and am acne prone and this didn't break me out (yay)

It holds up great though, not sure about 25 hours, but I go a full day of school and work with this stuff.

The color range sucks, but luckily I found one that works for me. At around six bucks(I got it at Target) you are getting great packaging, a nice finish and great coverage. I will repurchase.

on 4/25/2011 12:50:00 PM

First of all, their shade selection is extremely limited. According to the Rimmel website, there ar 11 shades but I have never seen more than 4 shades for sale anywhere that Rimmel is sold. I think that I used this foundation years ago-- it was called Lasting Finish 24-hr Foundation back then if I'm not mistaken. I don't recall thinking that the formula was fabulous but I did like it back then.

I purchased Ivory which wasn't at all Ivory-- more of a peachy light tan color. I have combo skin leaning towards normal but this foundation seemed to oxidize and break down pretty soon after application as if I had oily skin. It also felt mask-like on my face. Not a fan. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

basically im 14 so im going through that crappy teenage skin stage, before i tried rimmels foundation i was using dream sattin liquid, it seeed really good untill i tried rimmel. i purchased rimmel roundation a couple of days ago in colour ivory it isn orange and its a very good match for my skin tone, i have oily skin and i have to use powder on my nose through out the day normally, i have blemmishs and scars, and under eye circles, but this foundation i dont have to use a concealer, i just use the foundation and it covers very well, it goes on nicely and sets well with abit of powder, i would say it lasts a while but it doesnt look nice through out the day where i frown or screw up my face i find i get crease lines on my nose around my mouth and on my forhead which isn attractive atall also it highlights my pores, but i use bio oil on face norammly, and it goes on better if you use a mositeizer and dont rub the moisterizer in poperly so it mixs with the moisterizer that ill also make it sit better on your face. but i think its just the way i apply it, i may use to much, so i need to find a different way of applying it. but over all its a good foundation for its price.

on 4/23/2011 2:28:00 PM

Rimmel makes some of the best foundation. This foundation is a primer +foundation combine in one. Therefore, it suppose to last quite long and it does. I don't know if it lasts 25 hours but it is the longest foundation that stayed on my skin. So kudos for that.

The only downfall and the main reason why this ain't my hg is because the shades are quite orange. If i wanted to look like snooki i would use this but i don't. so sadly, this isn't my favorite foundation yet.

on 4/21/2011 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this dirt cheap - it was on sale - and that was probably the only reason I bought it. (That, and the fact that I have a foundation obsession.) So I was pleasantly surprised when I applied this product to my face the next morning.

The packaging in the UK is much nicer, I find, than the US version - it comes in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser. This gives easy control to the amount of product you want. A little goes a long way.

The foundation is perfect colour match - although, alas, I went on holiday and got a major tan! - but it applies quite heavily. It doesn't bother me much because I don't get many blemishes, but the acne-prone may want to avoid this foundation. However, the heavy liquid gives it sticking power without being sticky, and you don't really notice the foundation after 5 minutes.

Despite the heaviness, the foundation settles smoothly onto your skin and it looked lovely, flawless and natural on my skin. It even covered over my under-eye circles, a small scar and some blemishes without the usual use of my concealer. I usually set my foundations with my L'Oreal True Match powder, but I find that this foundation gives a fresh, dewy look if I don't. Which is really pretty for spring and summer time!

So does it live up to its name? I would definitely say that this lasted for a very long time - and, as it promised on the label, it didn't transfer onto my clothes. It didn't cake or slide off my face when my skin became a little oily during a particularly hot day. It's my new favourite foundation - but I don't think it's for everyone, especially not for acne-prone skin types.