August 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by missallie95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this foundation! i have very dry acne-prone skin that flakes with most foundations but this one does not flake up on me at all it almost feels like it moisturizes my skin

its full coverage and i use it as my concealer too
it lasts all day flawlessly but its not hard to remove
now dont get me wrong it will flake if i set it certain powders or a powder foundation but i usually set it with a translucent powder from NYC and its like the perfect combo

the packaging and color of the liquid is deceiving but i usually wear the lightest or next to lightest thats offered and in this i wear 103 true ivory
luv this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

I'm surprised at the reviews here, because I've had a really good experience with this product after a couple of months' worth of use. I've never worn foundation except for special events, but this one has encouraged me to use it more. Shade #300-Sand matches my skintone (medium, olive-tan-yellow Indian) best, although upon application it looks a tad bit too light. This is most probably because I'm coming off of a summer tan, and the lightness fades away very quickly. The formula is smooth and creamy, and spreads easily - I don't need more than drop or two. It evens out my complexion with light to medium coverage, which is all I'm looking for. What I like most is that it absorbs well into the skin and never looks cakey or too dewey on me - neither drying nor oily. It's just weightless enough, and it actually makes my skin feel smoother and more moisturized than without it. It lasts for hours, although I probably wouldn't reapply anyway. It's definitely worth a try for those who find a good color match, and is the best drugstore foundation I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim yesterday at Walgreens because if was 50% off (paid $3.99 for it), and I just took it back today because it was so lame. I haven't used a liquid foundation in a while and I was expecting good coverage with staying power.
First of all, the color selection is awful. I tried the lightest shade and it looked a tad dark on application, but a few hours later it was orange! I was horrified and had to wash it off immediately.
Since the color was so bad I didn't have time to check out the staying power, but it hadn't budged or smeared off so I'm assuming it wouldn't be too bad. The coverage was okay but it looked a little on the cakey side, which surprised me because the formula itself is quite runny. The packaging was good, I like the squeeze bottle.
This didn't work at all for me, but I could see it working for people who can find a color match, want medium-ish coverage, and are on a budget. It's not all bad, just not what I'm looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Tresor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanna say I love this, because I do, the formula is great, but the colors stink. I'm an NC15-20 and am using Rimmel's 100 Ivory. It's straight up orange on me. This is their lightest shade. Otherwise, this foundation is great. Not cakey, not glittery, not watery, not thick, yet covers what it needs to and it's super cheap. Got it at Walgreens on sale for $3.99. It's just that the shades in Rimmel don't go light enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by cosmogurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favorite drug store foundation. It's what I've been using since I've become too broke for MAC or NARS foundations. I'm latina and the 300 Sand matches beautifully. But one thing I do find strange is I'm not a very-dark skinned latina, yet I match the darkest shade! So if you are ethnic, keep that in mind. It is pretty heavy, so use a light hand and blend, blend, blend. It lasts all day, not 25 hour all day, but all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by raqalichavez

I really love rimmel foundations. I have tried the Matte Finish and the long lasting 16 hour and this 25 hour wear one. I don't think it lasts 25 hours but I went to bed with it and it wasn't on my face in the morning so some time during my sleep it wore off and not on my pillow. LOL Like the other rimmel foundations it blends well and matches my color perfectly. I did notice that it gets dry and cakey throughout the day. It felt like my skin was getting dehydrated and it was getting tight. I might have to use a heavier moisturizer with this but I like it but not as well as the other 2 rimmel foundations I have. It doesn't have a smell just that makeup scent but very light. The coverage was good light to medium. Very buildable and the finish after applying it was nice very smooth and light feeling. So streaking. Best to apply with fingers or a flat top liquid foundation brush like the Sonia Kashuk one. No need to set with powder as it gets dry.

*EDIT*
I have been wearing this foundation everyday for the month of January/2011. I have to say that this foundation works betther on my dry winter skin. The color still matches me perfectly and the formula does last all day. I put it on at home before I leave for work at 5 am and it still looks good when I get home at 4 pm! My natural oils come out during the day but I'm not oily just a little shine which makes thsi foundation look even better. I don't need to blot the foundation and my skin's natural oil melt together and give me a slight dewy look or a nice healthy glow. I don't set with powder just lightly over my cheeks before I apply my blush. I love this foundation so much. It probably can last 25 hours on but I don't know if it will. I know for sure that it looks good for up to 16 hours right before I wash my face for bed.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by GaPeachy

Didn't care for this. I have dry skin and even though I used moisturizer, it felt tight on my face and kind of mask-like and ashy looking. I used the soft beige shade. It also has a strong scent and irritated my eyes all day. If you have more oily skin, this would probably work for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by bigbu

I put it on in the morning and went to school and didn't rly look at my face bc I was in a rush. When I got to school and went to the bathroom to check I was horrified bc my face looks too caky and flaky . I wanted to wash it off but I keep it on my face until noon to see if anything changes but It gets even more flaky so I'm returning it now

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by cherrybeary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I saw this used in a you tube tutorial and decided to give it a shot.
Darn...the lightest shade is way too dark for me. Majorly disappointing since this is a nice, smooth long-wearing foundation on my oily skin. I'm a bit lighter than NW15, but judging by some of the foundations I've run across, there must be a lot of people lighter than I am.

To be fair, the Rimmel does go on lighter than it looks in the tube and the ivory color has a neutral undertone. However, I really can't pull it off since it was soooo much darker than my face/neck.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am still searching for a great foundation and this is not it. I have dry skin and it is too matte. It gives pretty good coverage and it does last all day.