October 25, 2014 | 1839 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by frankie22

What crap.This foundation melts off my face within 1-2 hours.Even with powder on top.When I am at work, halfway through the day I wash it off and have to completely reapply it.Thankfully, the bottle is almost empty so I can go get my HG Colorstay.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by moonluna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great makeup if you enjoy looking like a corpse! After reading all the glowing reviews on here, I ran out and bought the foundation which came with a free concealer at Target. I couldn't wait to try it and put some on before I washed my face for the night. I was a little taken aback, as I thought the shade, which is always, always my Maybelline shade and is the exact color of my skin, looked very weird on -- like glow-in-the-dark paint or something -- very bright and false. I gave it another shot in the morning, and when I looked in the mirror, I was horrified -- it was just sitting on my skin, not matte, not luminous either -- just FLAT and one-dimensional. It looked so fake, and it was so bright I looked like a corpse. Aged me about 15 years to boot. To add the fun, it made my skin so super-oily after just a couple of hours that I was both shiny AND dead-looking. OK, well I'll just use the concealer under-eye, I thought. NO. It looks like magic marker under my eyes and makes me look exhausted. Not for me at all. I'll stick with Revlon Colorstay. It did not seem to last that long on my skin either (thank goodness!). This is probably good makeup for paler skin shades with dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

ok, first of all I have to say i'm that woman that can NEVER find a foundation LIGHT enough..99% of the time... I HATE PINKY cool toned foundations which is usually the one all the way to the left, the lightest, so im always forced to go to the second from the left..the lightest "warm" in this makeup it was called sand beige....
well its way tooo dark. for me... I barely even used any on the jawline..just a tiny bit to smooth in.. and I have that visible line! I havent seen makeup give me that in ages! so forme itsreally dark.
it went on beautifully EASILY like "gliding" and covered instantly and flawlessly very effortless! I was SURPRISED because I thought a "superstay 24 hour" typemakeup would "set" so quickly and not budge and be "dry-like"..but this isnt like that..at all.. its very gliding-like.. smooth and emollient (even though its oil free) I mean its not even "dry to the touch" you have to set with powder, so with that I was surprised... I guess in that case it isnt mask like or "aging"
minehas to go back cuzit's too dark.. but I cant even say I likethe "finish" (hard to tell when you get wrong shade if you like the finish though) I HATE the color THAT much its wayyyy off... but the finish just doesnt "do" anything forme..and at 35 I actually need makeup to perform a bit extra not just cover.. but give a "finish" of some sort.
Maybe it's just me too.... if youve ever liked Maybelline,you might love it... I have never worn a Maybelline foundation in MY LIFE and ive worn foundation for over 20 years... (ive bought them all) and never wore past one application.
I think the "PURE" foundation was ok. and the everfresh was good now that I think about it..still nothing warranted a second purchase.
well I will review the Maybelline age rewind soon though... (in classic ivory) because I bought if off of ebay after reading reviews here:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by earthtochristina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After seeing the commercials about a dozen times, I decided to grab a bottle since my bottle of Revlon Colorstay was getting low. Maybelline has really stepped up their game with this foundation; I was in love almost immediately. The coverage is pretty much the same as Revlon Colorstay, except I have noticed my skin doesn't look as cakey or rough when I used this foundation. Usually, my skin looks kind of flakey/dry on my cheeks and around my nose immediately after applying the Revlon Colorstay even though I moisturize and use a primer; and it takes at least 2 hours before it starts looking natural and soft. The Maybelline foundation goes on my skin and does not look caked on at all, and makes me look like I'm well-rested and healthy. I don't think it controls my oily nose/forehead as well as the Revlon does, but it does control it pretty well. As long as I have a pack of blotting sheets in my bag, I'm good to go.
The only reason I didn't give this a perfect score is because it is just a tiny bit too dark on my face. I wear the lightest shade in Revlon Colorstay and most foundations, so I chose the lightest shade in this foundation. It is a little bit too orange for me, but it's a perfect match for my mom. I think the next shade seems like a better match for my skintone so as soon as I get a chance I will head over to CVS and grab a bottle.
Overall, this foundation is fantastic and definitely a great option if you're looking for something new.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I needed a new shade of foundation since my summer foundation shades (Revlon Colorstay Active & MAC Studio Sculpt) were starting to look noticeably dark on me. I wanted to try out this specific product due to the enticing commercial I saw on tv one day. I was lucky enough to find this at my local Target with a combo deal (it came with the same brand concealer) for $10. The biggest problem I had was picking out my shade. My local Target only offered 5 shades (that's with the combo and buying the product alone) and before going out I browsed the Maybelline website and there was 12 shades all together. I was very disappointed with this as I did not find the shades I wanted to compare my skin to :( I ended up purchasing Pure Beige. My MAC NC25 is a bit too light on me and NC30 is a bit too dark so my skin is in between for some reason. I was nervous about the Pure Beige shade since the website shows it having a heavy pink undertone, but it actually worked out for me! It covered redness on the crevices of my nose, tiny red veins on my cheeks, red blemishs and old dark acne scars so well! I normally wear concealer on redness areas of my face, but with this foundation I didn't have too :D It didn't cover undereye circle as well as I wanted, but the concealer that came with the combo took care of that for me :) I find using a pre-moistened sponge to work a lot better with this foundation than brushes. It blends nicely and it doesn't feel like anything is on my skin. A little bit goes a long way, it is buildable and doesn't cake on like some foundations I have tried when going for a heavier coverage. I noticed that this does not rub off as much as it does when set with powder. I've worn it with/without powder and noticed when setting it with powder - my powder is mostly the color that rubs off. (I tested it by putting powder on one half of my face and rubbing a tissues on both sides) So I prefer this without setting powder all over. I do however need to put a mattifying powder on my t-zone over this as I've noticed shine increasing as hours go by. I use blotting paper once throughout the day and the foundation doesn't move on my t-zone. So this does make oilier areas glisten, but a blotting paper should take care of that - make sure you carry some around with you. I've sweat with this on and wiped my face (without setting powder on top) and I didn't notice any foundation transfer, only my blush rubbed off and some eyeshadow etc. This is a nice foundation to have since it feels like nothing on the skin and cuts back on concealing red/dark problem areas. Great for in a hurry type of days! :)

Besides the lack of shades, build up of shine on oily areas - I find the pour out bottle annoying! I was expecting a nice little pump from this sleek bottle :( Overall I'm glad I tried this out and it will be my current foundation up until I get lighter for the winter, then I'm going back and getting another Revlon Colorstay Active (my favorite!).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by PsychoLove

I bought this in 'natural tan(which is a bit 'pink' for my tan skin)' but i did not like it because it's really thick(ewww!). I don't like thick foundation, i felt like i was wearing a mask of foundation and it made my skin oily, i started breaking out like crazy after i started using this product. Iwill not repurchase this foundation again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Melanar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Bought this product because I heard a lot of good reviews on it. I used a 190 brush to apply, and it feels too thick. It's a medium-heavy coverage, it's a bit thicker than Revlon Colorstay -- the foundation I'm used to.

I don't use it all over my face, more just as a concealer. It has a powdery-matte finish on my dry skin. The color selection is very limited but the "True Beige" matches my tan-fading-almost-autumn-skin nicely. This ended up being a little too pink for my yellow-undertones, but I can get away with it :) I tried stippling and using a wet sponge, the wet sponge was definitely the best application for me. It's still an absolutely medium-heavy coverage. Compared to Revlon Colorstay, this does not look as natural with application using a MAC 190 (Foundation Brush).

It is way too heavy for me, but if you like something that will cover the visibility of your actual skin, try this. It doesn't accentuate fine lines or flakies, so it's still worth some lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

I liked the foundation when I first put it on...after a few hours my face was oily looking. I only paid $7 so that was good. I won't be buying it or using it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ensayles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product after using Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse (good coverage, didn't last) so the 24-hour on this product gave me high hopes. So far I have not been disappointed. The packaging doesn't bother me...I shake it as directed and use my fingers to spread it on my face (I used to use a brush but it became too much of a hassle and I didn't see too much of a difference.) I use facial cloth cleansers, and before I hardly had any foundation on my cloth when I washed. I now use both sides of the cloth to remove my make up, then a clean corner for a final swipe. I have had no break outs from it (but I am on Yaz for my complexion which has been a godsend), and it seems to remain fairly consistent throughout the day. I did notice that when I blow my nose (allergy season) I get makeup on the kleenex and that worried me that my nose alone would be makeup free...but it doesn't seem to show a difference. So far, it's my hg foundation...and the price if right!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by AcelineVaux

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far, I'm really digging this stuff. I bought it at Target as a "special"- came with both the foundation and the concealer for around ten dollars. The concealer works wonders on the darkness around my eyes and on the redness on my cheeks. The foundation doesn't really seem to want to stay on my forehead for some reason, even upon first application (which is why I took one lippy off) and neither masks the redness on my chin enough. That being said, the fact that this stuff stays through my workouts and a sweaty September day, plus my natural oiliness, is awesome- lasts much longer than the stuff I've used in the past. Not 24 hours, but at least 4 hours before I have to get out the blotting sheets and translucent powder! Not to mention, I haven't broken out because of it! Will buy again.