July 31, 2014 | 1039 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by erikalynne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always relied on reviews to decide whether or not to buy a product so I have decided that I owe it to all who seek advice to add my own reviews. I bought the Clarisonic Mia online through Amazon and got a much lower price than most online stores. I have rosacea and was scared at how this little gadget would treat my skin. My skin is sensitive and oily at the same time with redness in my cheeks and occasional breakouts. My pores are also large with blackheads. Well, the Mia has been great for my skin. I cleanse with it morning and night and it does not aggravate my skin at all!! Actually, it improves the look of my pores, seems to remove blackheads, removes all traces of dirt and makeup and also improves the look of redness in my skin. I am 34 now and finally have decided to really start taking care of my skin and this is a step in the right direction. I follow my morning cleansing routine with SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF and Hydrating B5 gel. I find that in the summertime, I don't really need a moisturizer over the B5 gel because my skin is oily. I have just ordered some more products for nightime use so I will leave more reviews after I've tried them!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jkbeno

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had my Mia for over a year or more. Bought it on QVC when it was a TSV. I don't use it every day but when I do, I use it with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, which I love. The gentle brush works best for me and it leaves my face feeling softer than when I just use the Purity alone to cleanse my face. After using the Mia, my serum and face creams seem to absorb better. I consider it one of my better purchases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love my Clarisonic. In December, I treated myself to this baby. As I recall, my skin was doing well, and for me this means I had about four or so small blemishes a month not including the hormonal TOTM ones, of which I had about 4 more and one would always be inflamed. I initially had an increase in breakouts, and it lasted about a week. I used the brush once a day before bed. After about 2 months I went up to twice a day as I noticed my skin was responding well to it. Well, my skin has not had a hormonal breakout or even a non hormonal break out in three months. I would say I have gotten 6 pimples in 3 months. I don't know that I can credit this amazing feat totally to the Clarisonic, but I have never kept my face so clear as I have since incorporating the Clarisonic into the wash routine. I don't want to be without it. My skin does not feel as smooth, glow as much. or even feel clean if I forget to use it when I shower, and I can always tell if I forget just by the feel of my skin when I apply my lotion. I've replaced the head twice (I like the sensitive one very much), and always make sure to take the head off after each use to rinse the brush totally clean. When I think about it and/or have time I will give it a spray with alcohol to sanitize it. I hope it doesn't break anytime soon, because I will have to get a new one and would promptly find the funds to do so. It's been that great for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by cappsma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am typically fighting breakouts, mostly on my chin, from roughly April to August. In the fall and winter I rarely break out. A friend recommended this and in addition to using tougher products for summer (Murad and Clinique products with salycic acid) I have noticed a tremendous difference in my skin this summer. My breakouts have been reduced by about 90% and when I do break out, it is minor, easy to cover, and clears quickly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by oneofmylies99

While not a necessity and by no means does it replace any element or step of my current skincare routine, I like this little machine. I'm acne prone and quick to get clogged pores and blackheads if any trace amounts of make-up or waterproof sunscreen are left after cleansing. I use the Clarisonic with Cerave cleanser to follow up my make-up remover and I can be sure that all traces are removed. I feel a washcloth is just as effective but a bit harsh. I've gone through periods of months where I don't use it and there isn't a huge difference in my skin but it's definitely a bit better when I do use it. I'll take any advantage I can get. I'm happy to have it though I wish I would have sprung for the pro version which comes with the body brush. I've tried the Mia with a Normal brush head on my elbows and knees and it still feels too gentle. The Mia is a great size for travel but I'm considering buying the pro version for the different speeds, the body brush, and the timers. While I don't have the pro version, I'd recommend getting that over the Mia unless you travel a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by naturallyfab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Even with various skin systems, I've always had blackheads and clogged pores. Within 3 days of using the Clarisonic Mia night and day, my blackheads are almost gone! I cannot believe it. I was really skeptical about this, but now I'm behind it 100%. If this ever poops out (my parents still use their original Sonicare toothbrush!) I will definitely get another one. I can't imagine cleaning my face without this now!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by StaceySmith945

I can`t decide how I feel about this, I`ve been using my clairsonic mia for around two months and when I started to break out the within two week. I didn`t think much of it, I though my skin was just purging. But after two months it really hasn`t been getting better, but not worse either. I`ve tried changing my face wash and changing the brush head but nothing! I`m going to keep using my clairsonic for a little bit longer to see if the results will change.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by fabianowen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using this product for a few days and I have noticed, like others, that I no longer have the dry flakey skin around my nose. No breakouts either~I have combo to dry skin. I use Purity Philosophy with it and so far I have no complaints. Just the price seems a little steep. I bought it to help with the fine lines and breakouts I seem to be getting~so, I will update if it does seem to get better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by DakotaD

I look forward to using the Mia everyday because it leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. It has also contributed greatly to clearing up my acne. I also love how durable it is, and don't have to worry about breaking it if I drop it in the shower. There are a few reasons it does not get the full 5/5 lippies though: 1) I cannot use this (with the sensitive brush head) on my cheeks as it is too rough. 2) I also wish the battery life were longer (it's intended to last for 20 uses/10 days) as I use this for about 2 minutes each time instead of 1 minute as intended (so I have to recharge it every 6 days or so). This would not be a big deal except that it takes a day to fully recharge. 3) You should replace the brush heads every 3 months, and at $25 a pop...it can get costly over time! All that being said, I'm glad I invested in the Mia, it is a must-have beauty tool!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by xxcookii

The bristle really hurt my face when i was using this .... It didnt cause any breakouts but i think it was too harsh even though i was using the sensitive brush .... Didnt do too much on my skin .This didnt exfoliate my skin but it did clean left over residue of my makeup .... But for the price im paying ... i expected a lot more .