October 25, 2014 | 1754 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this daily for 2 years now, and I cannot live without it! Results have continued to get better over time. The Clarisonic really cleans deep and prevents breakouts, and it also massages the skin and seems to improve circulation.
Since my skin is dry, I found it best to use it only at night. Twice a day was too much. I've used both the delicate and sensitive brush heads, but I prefer the sensitive brush now. I think my skin is stronger and in better condition -- not sure if it's from the Clarisonic or the Sothys products I've been using, but I think it's a combination of both.
The Mia is the perfect size for me -- doesn't take up too much space like the big one, and it's easier to travel with. I left this home once while traveling and I regretted it -- my skin started breaking out and looking rough within a few days. This baby goes everywhere with me!
My skin is very different than it was two years ago -- it was dry, rough, and I had to use tons of moisturizer because nothing could penetrate the dry skin. Now it's much more smooth, has a glow, and I don't need as much moisturizer to do the job. I think the combination of the Clarisonic and the right products can make a huge difference. I highly recommend this -- it is worth every penny. I got it on sale at lovelyskin.com and I've had it for 2 years and it's still going strong.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gosh I love this thing. I bought it last November during Sephora's F&F sale, and after using it for 9 months I am still very happy with my purchase. I'm glad I went with the Mia instead of the more expensive models, I can't imagine the other models doing more/better than the Mia. I have sensitive normal-to-dry skin. I'm not terribly breakout prone, but I do get a pimple out of the blue from time to time. This isn't a miracle product, but it does make the texture of my skin so much nicer. It exfoliates in ways other products just can't. My skin is very smooth, and I truly think my treatments absorb better because of it. Had the Olay version been out when I was shopping for a Clarisonic, I may have purchased the knock-off, but as it is I am incredibly happy with my Mia.
Edit 10-26-11: I've recently switched from the sensitive head to the regular head, and the results are much better. Good enough to bump it up to 5 lipsticks for me! The sensitive head is very, very gentle and was probably a good place to start, but I like the bit of extra exfoliation the regular/normal head provides.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by digxmexnow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was hesitant about buying a Clarisonic tool at first because of the high price tag, but it ended up being a great investment and within the first day of using it I could feel a difference in my skin.

I have been using the tool for over a month now and here are the benefits I've seen in my skin:

-Much, much smoother texture
-Clearer skin (I am very acne-prone)
-Much less milia on my forehead and nose area (completely clear when hormones permit)
-Smoothed out my more problematic areas of my face.
-Gentle exfoliation = no dry spots
-Pores appear much smaller (though I never had an issue before)
-I require a lot less foundation (and primer) and the product goes on more smoothly and easily. Coverage even seems better. Big plus since I tend to use a lot of expensive long-wear foundation.
-More even skin tone and acne spots fade more quickly
-Completely cleared the small breakouts I would get on my chest
-Completely removes my long-wear make-up

Aside the benefits for my skin, I like the device itself. It's portable, totally waterproof, easy to use, cordless and rechargeable, lightweight, has a great shape for holding, and has withstood a few drops in the shower.

I'm glad I invested in this little Godsend.

(Side note: I hear Olay released a worthy competitor for a fifth of the price. I am curious about it)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser tool. After using the clarisonic, my face feels cleaner and smoother. I have the mia version. The only downside to this is that it shuts off after I believe a minute and I like to use it for about 1.5 minutes but its not a really big deal. I just press the button again. Charging the unit does take a while but using it twice a day, one charge last me about a week.

It doesnt have an effect on my acne but I just love the fact that I know its cleaning my face better than my hands can. I did not recall experiencing a purge of acne after using this.

I bought this unit for about 110-20 dollars and it is quite expensive for a cleansing unit but I think its worth it. If you think about it, sonic toothbrushes clean your teeth better than manual brushes so I have no doubt it cleanses my face better.

I have dropped it in the shower (a good two feet) a handful of times and it is still working like a charm.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by welfaresteak

After getting a facial and reading the reviews on here, I decided to buy the Mia. I had researched the knockoff brands for $30, but most of the reviews said things that while it worked great, they often weren't waterproof and/or dont expect it to last years like the Mia. My beautician who works at Sephora told me just to buy it there, try it out, and then return it if I don't like it. I bought it for $160 something with tax. Within the first time of using it my skin was smooth and soft. I ended up finding it for $115 on Ebay, so I returned it at Sephora.

While I dont think this is an acne cure, it definitely has helped me with the dry spots on my face, as well as the oily spots. It also really is great to use before I apply moisturizer and foundation because it smooths out my skin. So $115 is a lot for this product especially for someone like me, but it was worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by carlan80

Love this tool! Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by dmfitzg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a b-day gift about 2 weeks ago. A little backround - I'm 41 with rosacea, combo skin. My forehead was covered in dozens of tiny bumps, which I also had around my jawline. Well, I saw a BIG difference after using the Clarisonic ONE time. I've been using this every morning since I got it and my skin is really truly better than it's been in about 6 years! I've been using the cleanser for sensitive skin that came with it but I have tried it with my usual Cerave with the same psitive results. It does not irritate my skin and has not caused my rosacea to flare up at all. As other reviews have said, it seems to make my other skincare products "work" better. I highly highly recommend this product. I can not believe how it's turned my skin around.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by wiscowhitney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this tool. To me it is the best money I have ever spent. I bought it last September. At 24 I had never had clear skin since the age of 12. I had really dry, sensitive skin that still was oily and acne ridden. It was really difficult to find a great routine and products that would help balance out my skin. Shortly before buying, my dermatologist said I had slight/moderate rosacea. I was then using Cetaphil cleanser, prescription clindamyacin, prescription tretinoin and prescription Finacea. Only after about a month I just needed to use the Cetaphil cleanser and a basic moisuturizer (cetaphil or cerave) and the Finacea just occasionally (about once a month for me). My make up applies so much smoother. My skin is clear and balanced. It may just be me but it still feels luxurious everytime I use it. Being able to ditch the presciptions has actually SAVED me money over all. Somehow the Clarisonic ends up being a bargain for me :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after having owned a regular Clarisonic for several years. When my first one finally died I was going to replace it with the same thing but the one thing I didn't like about the larger one is the big foot print the charger has on my vanity.

I love this as much as I did the first and more because it is smaller, works just as well and doesn't have the huge charger. My last one had multiple speeds but I only used one speed anyway so why pay for extra features I wasn't using?

I use it with my regular face cleaner (simple natural-type bar soap). I get my face and the head wet, shake off the excess water, rub it on my soap to work up a good lather and go. I use it for two one-minute cycles as I am used to the two minute timer on the larger Clarisonic. I will buy another one when this one goes. I love the way my skin feels when I use it. I use it twice each day - once in the morning and once at night after taking my make-up off with olive oil and rinsing well. I find that simple skin products with the Clarisonic works best for me in keeping my skin clear and balanced.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by cratsky

I must admit that at first, I could not justify spending this much money on something that serves to manually clean my face.

After hearing rave reviews from a friend, I decided to bite the bullet and purchased off ebay from a US seller for $150 ($30 postage). I actually thought about buying it from local AUstralian department stores but it was double the price. Um, no thanks!

I threw away the complimentary cleansers/moisturisers etc that came with the item and continued using my normal cleansing wash and from the first use, I was quite shocked. I really wasn't cleaning my face as well as I had thought! While the product does not get rid of the use for a manual exfoliant, I found the need for a manual exfoliant was greatly reduced.

Having combination skin, the Mia does NOT get rid of oilyness/pores/wrinkles or fine lines however it does increase the effectiveness of moisturisers and serums applied to the skin as you've got a 'cleaner' base to apply to.

When I used to manually exfoliate, I would find a patch here or there around my nose/between my eyes that was flakey but the Mia has made that an issue of the past. I cannot live without this product now.